menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 17 Sep 2012, 19:42 | Message # 106
Group: Friends
Tim Guinee with Lena. I never knew that. Lack of chemistry!! Well well, I'm sure both you and I could have given her chemistry. Chemistry lessons too.

I'll look out for these 2 in the UK (Arrow & Revolution).

Message edited by KevinInScotland - Monday, 17 Sep 2012, 19:59

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Sep 2012, 21:39 | Message # 107
Group: Administrators
Quote (KevinInScotland)
Tim Guinee with Lena. I never knew that.

Judge by yourself, here's a video from the leaked unaired pilot :

And another one where Tim Guinee plays with Richard T. Jones

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 17 Sep 2012, 22:27 | Message # 108
Ahh, it would seem that perhaps both Dean Winters and Lena practised their dialogue and how they would run through the scene before they did it.
The 1st scene with Tim Guinee, seemed to lack any closeness but perhaps he was not given any direction beforehand. Then of course there is the Lena thing. You can't exactly tell a woman who to like best, so I guess she was more prepared to go a bit further with Dean?

Richard T. Jones in the 2nd clip was very good on both occasions. I think Tim Guinee was as good as Dean Winters on that occasion.

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 21:48 | Message # 109
new show revolution the series premiere scored big numbers with nbc on monday night was watched by 11.65 million viewers according to digital spy not sure when its coming to the uk so sounds interesting going of that amount of viewing i think david lyons is in it out of the cape

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Sep 2012, 22:19 | Message # 110
forgot to mention also coming on uk screens continuum on thursday nights next week 10.00pm a stitch in time 1/10 on the scfy channel gets even better for us really looking forward to this one watched the pilot but never got round to watch any more happy

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 19 Sep 2012, 00:36 | Message # 111
Yeah, I'm looking forward to it.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 03 Oct 2012, 08:28 | Message # 112
Quote (robbo)
new show revolution the series premiere scored big numbers with nbc on monday night was watched by 11.65 million viewers according to digital spy not sure when its coming to the uk so sounds interesting going of that amount of viewing i think david lyons is in it out of the cape

The second and third episode pulled strong ratings ratings too (even if they went down compared to the pilot of course), this is why NBC decided to give it a full season order.

NBC has given full season pickups to Revolution, Go On and The New Normal, making the trio of series the first new fall shows to get the back-nine order - bringing them from the initial 13 episodes to a full 22-episode season.

Read more at IGN

robboDate: Friday, 12 Oct 2012, 22:06 | Message # 113
arrow, just watched the pilot tonight really good, shipwrecked on a island billionaire playboy, oliver queen thought he was dead, missing for fife years, and brought back to civilisation, to turn into a superhero, similar storylines to bruce wayne, in batman sets himself up in a old abandoned warehouse, without the bats of course, sets out getting money from other millionaires, a bit of a guardian angel in some sort of way, some great fighting and stunt work, stephen amell takes on the lead roll with great effect, without a doubt the show i think is gonna be a huge hit, looks as tho it has a few secrets and twists involved, directed by david nutter tscc, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 13 Oct 2012, 00:22 | Message # 114
Quote (robbo)
arrow, just watched the pilot tonight really good, shipwrecked on a island billionaire playboy, oliver queen thought he was dead, missing for fife years, and brought back to civilisation, to turn into a superhero, similar storylines to bruce wayne, in batman sets himself up in a old abandoned warehouse, without the bats of course, sets out getting money from other millionaires, a bit of a guardian angel in some sort of way, some great fighting and stunt work, stephen amell takes on the lead roll with great effect, without a doubt the show i think is gonna be a huge hit, looks as tho it has a few secrets and twists involved, directed by david nutter tscc, smile

Saw the trailer, is interested! Will watch the show later.

robboDate: Thursday, 18 Oct 2012, 21:47 | Message # 115
the cws, arrow, ratings remain strong according to digital spy, arrow maintained its good premiere score last week. of 1.3, 3.48m at 8pm. must admit i watched the pilot of arrow. very impressed really got potential, to do well, hopefully it can do.

The1RussterDate: Friday, 19 Oct 2012, 03:24 | Message # 116
Group: Writer
I watched the pilot twice and I saw episode 2 Wednesday night. Arrow is definitely worth watching. It's almost surprising how good it is considering the network it's on, but it is really, really good!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

robboDate: Wednesday, 24 Oct 2012, 00:40 | Message # 117
totally spot on The1Russter, recently just watched episode 2 of the arrow. i must admit youre right it is really surprising how good it is. it is a dodgy network. that its on. but i must admit its brilliant. already a lot of surprises with members of the cast. i think arrow is going places. cant wait for episode 3, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 25 Oct 2012, 09:41 | Message # 118
Adam Baldwin to star in TNT drama "The Last Ship"

Adam Baldwin to star in TNT drama 'The Last Ship'

Baldwin replaces Titus Welliver, who had to leave the TNT drama pilot The Last Ship because of a family health emergency.

Based on the novel by William Brinkley, The Last Ship centers on the crew of a naval destroyer who, after a global catastrophe decimates the Earth’s population, are forced to confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they are among the only survivors. Baldwin will play Mike Slattery, second in command to Captain Tom Chandler (Eric Dane) onboard the USS Nathan James. He’s a fair man who cares deeply for his family. He and Tom clash at times over the best course of action.

Source : Deadline

robboDate: Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012, 01:46 | Message # 119
arrow just recently watched episode three, really enjoying the series at the moment, i would have to say one of my favourite tv shows on at the moment. im inclined to say that its in a similar mould to the cape, obviously without certain things like the little boy, circus, etc, plus the storylines are much better. i dont know maybe its me reading into it wrong. not sure whether its got the greenlight for a season two. but hopefully it wont get swept under the carpet like the cape. after just one season. anyway just a few thoughts. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 30 Oct 2012, 02:10 | Message # 120
Hiya Robbo. I also watched it and find it entertaining. The only thing I have issue with is something I said before, so perhaps I should shut up on that.
I'm not sure how you managed to watch ep.3. I'm in the UK - England. You must be in a future somewhere?
I think the relationships Oliver Queen has with the women he left behind are interesting.
It's funny that his mother should choose a guy of equatorial origin - it seems all the rage these days. Almost a law.
Some of the action is without explanation, and smacks of The Cape when Oliver disappears after mind-blowingly & speedily gets a direct hit with an arrow with recorder-device attached.
Oh, Robbo, I've only just read your post and I see you mentioned the Cape. That's a coincidence that we thought alike.
You are right, the little boy is replaced by his young sister (Thea Queen?). I can fully understand that she needs putting right. That's life, and we can't tell women what they can do any more!! haha. Shame, some of them get in to awful situations.
The series is slightly different, so it is more interesting as far as I'm concerned.

The final thing is. We know that TSCC had many plots that travelled through the series from beginning to end, many were quite surprising and even beyond my ken at the time.
I believe Arrow has a few surprises but probably not on the same scale. I find that most TV series seem to just run like water under a bridge and what has gone has gone and done with. Not a lot left lingering on the surface for us to fathom out.
We will see.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: