[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 79 of 119«127778798081118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 21 Mar 2015, 09:19 | Message # 1171
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Former Terminator Owain Yeoman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, The Mentalist, Extant) has been cast in the role of DC Comics supervillain Vartox in CBS' Supergirl

Awesome news! Very happy for Owain Yeoman, given the seventh season of his (other) CBS's series The Mentalist is also the finale season.
Can't wait to see the Supergirl pilot.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 Mar 2015, 03:08 | Message # 1172
Group: Friends
'The X-Files' Revival: David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson To Reprise Roles On Fox

"The X-Files" gang is getting back together for a six-episode limited series to which Fox has formally given a series order.

David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson will be back as FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Series creator Chris Carter will be at the helm for 20th Century Fox TV and Ten Thirteen Productions. Production is set to begin this summer, although Fox has not yet set an air date.

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break," Carter said. "The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories."

"The X-Files" revival follows last spring's return of "24" as a 13-episode limited series. NBC has joined the mania for resurrecting series with built-in audience awareness with its plans for the "Heroes Reborn" miniseries next season.

"X-Files" is a natural, as the show about FBI sleuths investigating instances of paranormal activity is tailor-made for social-media obsession - even if it hails from an earlier TV era. "X-Files" had a nine-season run on Fox from 1993-2002. It spawned two feature films, 1998's "The X-Files: Fight the Future" and 2008's "The X-Files: I Want to Believe."

Via: Variety

Gillian Anderson attends the 23rd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing party with Chopard on February 22, 2015 in Los Angeles, California.

Gillian Anderson attends the 23rd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing partyGillian Anderson attends the 23rd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing partyGillian Anderson attends the 23rd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing partyGillian Anderson attends the 23rd Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Academy Awards viewing party

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 25 Mar 2015, 10:08 | Message # 1173
Quote robbo ()
"X-Files" is a natural, as the show about FBI sleuths investigating instances of paranormal activity is tailor-made for social-media obsession

I loved the show when it aired in the 90's (didn't watch anymore when Mulder left) and I feverishly searched the Net looking for the latest pictures. It may have been the first Internet sensation but social medias didn't exist back in the days. It remains to be seen if the younger generation will bite.

As an aside, there's an interesting article about the real reason behind these limited reboots of old cult TV shows (24, Heroes, X-Files,...), exclusive streaming rights with Netflix, Amazon or Hulu. Sadly, it also explains why a Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles reboot is unlikely.

Fox would never air more Sarah Connor Chronicles because it’s a Warner Bros. show, so the only entity that benefits from a streaming deal that would happen because of such an announcement would be Warner Bros.

Link: The 'X-Files' Revival Isn't About Fans Or Closure, It's About Netflix

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Mar 2015, 02:00 | Message # 1174
# 1173 Yes I thought it was a respectable show, mind you I liked Chris Carter's other show from the 90s (Millennium 1996-1999). Even though it was very much darker than the X-Files but they were both good shows in their own right.
I was thinking to myself wondering whether a Fox resurrection was on the cards and bring back Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. How fantastic that would be we would be in heaven.
What a shame the stumbling block our good old friends Warner Bros. 
Come on Warner!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 26 Mar 2015, 17:57 | Message # 1175
Stills of JoAnna Garcia Swisher (yellow dress), Kristina Apgar (salmon dress) in the short-lived CW series Privileged (2008).

Still of JoAnna Garcia Swisher (yellow dress), Kristina Apgar (salmon dress) and Brian Hallisay in the short-lived CW series Privileged (2008)Still of JoAnna Garcia Swisher (yellow dress), Kristina Apgar (salmon dress) and Brian Hallisay in the short-lived CW series Privileged (2008)Still of JoAnna Garcia Swisher (yellow dress), Kristina Apgar (salmon dress) and Brian Hallisay in the short-lived CW series Privileged (2008)

These two actresses played with Summer Glau.
JoAnna Garcia played the evil witch Corrine in the 2006 movie 'The initiation of Sarah'.

JoAnna Garcia played the evil witch Corrine in the 2006 movie 'The initiation of Sarah'JoAnna Garcia played the evil witch Corrine in the 2006 movie 'The initiation of Sarah'

Kristina Apgar played Cheri Westin, John Connor's mysterious lab partner in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 1.

Kristina Apgar played Cheri Westin, John Connor's mysterious lab partner in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 1.Kristina Apgar played Cheri Westin, John Connor's mysterious lab partner in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles season 1.

Kristina also played with Summer Glau in the 2010 pilot 'Good Morning Rabbit'.

robboDate: Saturday, 28 Mar 2015, 02:56 | Message # 1176
Coach Revival Starring Craig T. Nelson Ordered To Series At NBC 

NBC is tackling a Coach revival.

The Peacock network has ordered a 13-episode sequel to the '90s sitcom, with Craig T. Nelson reprising his title role, 

The present-day Coach will pick up 18 years later and find Nelson's Hayden Fox interrupting his retirement to become assistant coach to his own grown son, who is the new head coach at an Ivy League school in Pennsylvania that is just starting up a new team. 

Barry Kemp, who created the original Coach (which aired on ABC from 1989-1997), will write and exec-produce the continuation. Nelson will also serve as an EP.

It's not yet known which Coach alums will be reuniting with Nelson, who is coming off of a six-season run on NBC's Parenthood. An airdate is also TBD.

It's been a big week for 90's TV resurrections. On Tuesday, Fox announced that it had ordered a six-episode continuation of The X-Files, with David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson reprising their signature roles.

The rise from the ashes of TV continues to reawakening!

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Tuesday, 31 Mar 2015, 01:07 | Message # 1177
Ciara Renee To Play DC's Hawkgirl

Stage actress Ciara Renee has scored a leading role as Kendra Saunders aka Hawkgirl in The CW's proposed "Arrow"/"The Flash" spinoff series.

The superhero team-up show will blend recurring fan favorite characters from both shows along with three new DC superhero characters never seen on TV. Hawkgirl doesn't seem to quite fit into that latter group though as she has been portrayed on screen in both the animated "Justice League" series and in a guest starring spot on "Smallville".

In the new series, Saunders will be a young woman who is just beginning to learn that she has been repeatedly reincarnated over the centuries. When provoked, her ancient warrior persona manifests itself, along with wings that grow out of her back, earning her the moniker Hawkgirl.

The show is currently slated to begin early next year. Brandon Routh, Wentworth Miller, Dominic Purcell, Victor Garber and Caity Lotz are also all said to be onboard.

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Tuesday, 31 Mar 2015, 02:20 | Message # 1178
Arrow/Flash Spinoff Enlists Arthur Darvill To Play Rip Hunter

Another superhero is joining the ranks of the CW's Arrow/Flash spinoff. British actor Arthur Darvill (Doctor Who) is set to play Rip Hunter in the superhero team-up show, from Arrow creators Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg & Marc Guggenheim. Rip Hunter, described as a roguish time traveler who hides the strains of being responsible for history itself behind a facade of charm and wit, is the first of 3 DC characters that previously have not been exploited in TV, to join the new project.

The Arrow/Flash spinoff, eyed for next midseason, features three newly cast roles, two of them played by Darvill and Ciara Renee (Hawkgirl).

Darvill, most recently seen playing Reverend Paul Coates on the praised ITV drama Broadchurch, and co-starring in Once on Broadway, is currently on stage at the National Theatre playing Long John Silver in Treasure Island. 

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 01 Apr 2015, 21:44 | Message # 1179
Stephen Amell Cast As Casey Jones In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

April Fools? If yes, awesome. If not, awesome.

Stephen Amell Cast As Casey Jones In Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Stephen Amell is swapping his arrows for a hockey stick.

The actor, known to many as Oliver Queen/Arrow on The CW’s Arrow, will play Casey Jones in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2. An outsider who befriends and allies with the Ninja Turtles, Jones is a staple in Ninja Turtles’ supporting cast. He has also served as a romantic interest for reporter April O'Neil.

According to reports, Amell was one of six actors who auditioned for the role this past weekend. But as Variety reports, Amell's chemistry with studio Paramount Pictures landed him the gig.

Amell will join returning cast member Megan Fox (April O'Neil) and Will Arnett (Vernon Fenwick) for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles sequel. Producer Michael will return as well, while David Green will join the franchise as the TMNT2's director.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2 hits theaters on June 3, 2016.

Source: Comicbook.com

Casey Jones cosplay (and photos) by UK based cosplayer Chris Mason

Casey Jones cosplayCasey Jones cosplay

robboDate: Tuesday, 07 Apr 2015, 01:33 | Message # 1180
Eliza Dushku Joins Cinemax's 'Banshee'

The Cinemax drama has been busy ramping up its cast lately, and now comes word that Eliza Dushku is joining Banshee. The drama series from Alan Ball centers on Lucas Hood (Antony Starr), an ex-con and master thief who assumes the identity of the sheriff of Banshee, PA, where he continues his criminal pursuits while enforcing his own code of justice. Dushku will recur as Agent Veronica Dawson, a tough, sexy and shockingly reckless FBI profiler with no shortage of personal demons who joins forces with Hood to hunt down a killer. 

Dushku starred in the TV series Dollhouse and Tru Calling and recurred on Buffy The Vampire Slayer and spinoff Angel. Her recent credits include the features Jane Wants A Boyfriend and voicing She-Hulk in Disney XD's Hulk And The Agents Of S.M.A.S.H. Repped by Silver Lining Entertainment and Jackoway Tyerman, she next stars in the psychological thriller Eloise. 

Banshee, which was renewed for a fourth season in February, has added a couple of regulars (Chris Coy and Matthew Rauch) and a season-long arc for Ana Ayora in the past few weeks. Casey LaBow also is set to recur. 

robboDate: Friday, 10 Apr 2015, 01:56 | Message # 1181
True Blood Actress Lucy Griffiths Joins AMC Preacher Pilot

Lucy Griffiths (True Blood) has signed on for the AMC drama pilot Preacher, an adaptation of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon's cult '90s comic. 

A project from Seth Rogen and Evan Goldberg, Preacher is about Jesse Custer, a conflicted preacher in a small Texas town who merges with a creature that escaped from heaven. He develops the ability to make anyone do whatever he says. He teams up with his ex-girlfriend and only true love, Tulip (Ruth Negga), and an Irish vampire named Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) on a journey to literally find God. 

Griffiths will play Emily, a waitress and single mother to three children, as well as the church organist, bookkeeper, and Jesse's loyal right hand. Griffiths joins Negga and Gilgun, as well as Ian Colletti whose been cast as Eugene Root, aka Arseface. 

Via: EW

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 11 Apr 2015, 12:40 | Message # 1182
OK, look me in the eyes and tell me you didn't have a crush on Amanda Tapping as Major Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1!

Publicity still of Amanda Tapping as Major Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1Publicity still of Amanda Tapping as Major Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1Publicity still of Amanda Tapping as Major Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1

Publicity still of Amanda Tapping as Major Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1Publicity still of Amanda Tapping as Major Samantha Carter in Stargate SG-1

robboDate: Monday, 13 Apr 2015, 23:47 | Message # 1183
Katee Sackhoff To Star In & Create Futuristic TV Series For Reunion Pictures

Battlestar Galactica alumna Katee Sackhoff is set to topline another drama set in the future, this one her own creation. Sackhoff has teamed with Continuum producer Reunion Pictures for the project, Rain, which she wrote and is executive producing through her Fly Free Productions.

Rain is described as an evolutionary parable that gives us a look into our possible future as a species viewed through the eyes of a soldier named Rain (Sackhoff). It explores how the long-term effects of global warming, the burning of fossil fuels and the scientific manipulation of nature's balance rot the world and contribute to its decline.

"With Rain, Katee has created a future world and a story that are compelling as both a sweeping vision and a very personal exploration of a civilization in harrowing decline by its own hand," said Reunion Pictures Tom Rowe. "She has written a great story and we are excited to be working with her."

Rowe executive produces alongside Sackhoff, with Leland LaBarre serving as producer.

Sackhoff co-stars in drama Longmire, which is moving to Netflix. She is coming off viral online-video hit Power/Rangers, which amassed more than 14 million views on YouTube within days before being yanked over copyright issues.

"It's great to be in business with Reunion and Thunderbird, "Sackhoff said. "Their credentials in the genre are outstanding and they share my vision in telling a story that means a lot to me."

In addition to Continuum, Reunion Pictures, owned by Vancouver-based Thunderbird Films, also produces drama Olympus for SyFy.

Katee Sackhoff attends amfAR LA Inspiration Gala honoring Tom Ford at Milk Studios on October 29, 2014 in Hollywood, California.
(Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images for amfAR)

Katee Sackhoff attends amfAR LA Inspiration Gala honoring Tom Ford Katee Sackhoff attends amfAR LA Inspiration Gala honoring Tom Ford Katee Sackhoff attends amfAR LA Inspiration Gala honoring Tom Ford

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 14 Apr 2015, 10:55 | Message # 1184
Ref #1183

Instead of waiting next to her phone that a producer calls them, a growing number of actors are producing or co-producing their own content, often on new media platform such as Netflix. Alan Tudyk did the same with his new web series Con Man.

robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Apr 2015, 01:44 | Message # 1185
# 1184  Absolutely, its been a blessing in disguise for Alan I'm really pleased for him.
Apparently somebody asked Jewel Staite about 'Con Man' if she was getting involved but she was very vague, saying something about, I can't possibly tell you if I'm involved with a slight twinkle in her eye.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 79 of 119«127778798081118119»
Search: