menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 01 Mar 2015, 05:49 | Message # 1141
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Nice to hear the little girl from TSCC maturing into a young actress and starring in a variety of diverse and challenging roles.

At this stage, Bailee is Halmmark's face. She stars in Halmmark's Northpole and upcoming Northpole 2, she starts in this new serie based on The Good Witch movies and she appears in many red carpet events and in behind the scenes videos for the channel.
Will she be able to go to the next step, time will tell.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 02 Mar 2015, 04:32 | Message # 1142
Group: Friends
Helen Slater, Dean Cain Join CBS' "Supergirl"

Two former superbeings are set to join the cast of CBS' upcoming "Supergirl" TV series - Dean Cain and Helen Slater. TV Line reports that the pair will guest star on the series, but their roles are being kept secret for now.

Cain played Clark Kent/Superman in the 1990s TV series "Lois and Clark," while Slater played Supergirl herself in the 1984 feature film alongside Faye Dunaway and Peter O'Toole.

Both Cain and Slater previously guest starred on another Superman-related series, The CW's "Smallville," which also saw Cain's former co-star Teri Hatcher and big screen Superman Christopher Reeve in guest starring roles.

Indeed, the precedent is becoming quite common these days. The CW's "The Flash" using the original 1990s TV series star John Wesley Shipp in the role of Barry Allen's father in the current incarnation.

Via: TVLine

Helen Slater arrives for the Disney ABC '2013 WInter TCA Tour' event at The Langham Huntington Hotel and Spa on January 10, 2013 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Toby Canham/Getty Images)

Helen Slater arrives for the Disney ABC '2013 WInter TCA Tour' eventHelen Slater arrives for the Disney ABC '2013 WInter TCA Tour' event

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Mar 2015, 08:57 | Message # 1143
Quote robbo ()
Indeed, the precedent is becoming quite common these days. The CW's "The Flash" using the original 1990s TV series star John Wesley Shipp in the role of Barry Allen's father in the current incarnation. 

Seeing Helen Slater or Dean Cain in Supergirl is no surprise, as you said.

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Mar 2015, 04:42 | Message # 1144
Rob Kazinsky Is Fox's 'Frankenstein' Monster

Fox has found its monster. True Blood alumnus Rob Kazinsky has landed the lead role in the Fox pilot Frankenstein, from Rand Ravich and Howard Gordon. Taking inspiration from the basic Mary Shelley mythology of a man brought back to life by scientists playing god, Frankenstein centers on Ray Pritchard (Kazinsky), a morally corrupt retired cop who is given a second chance at life when he is brought back from the dead. The "Monster" is athletic, strong and handsome - the reanimated version of a much older Pritchard, a former Marine who was recently murdered. Pritchard's body may be new, but his mind is still that of a 75-year-old, badass curmudgeon. Adhir Kalyan was cast last month as one of Ray's creators, the quiet and brilliant Internet billionaire Otto Goodwin.

Repped by The Gersh Agency, Brillstein Entertainment, Creative Artists Management in the UK and Stone Meyer, Brit Kazinsky's credits include Pacific Rim, True Blood and the UK series EastEnders and Dream Team.

Uhh! scratching my head with confusion is Frankenstein the monster or not?
Frankenstein is the name of the scientist well the last time I saw the film.

Via: Deadline

Robert Kazinsky arrives at the 17th Annual Hollywood Film Awards at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on October 21, 2013 in Beverly Hills, California

Robert Kazinsky arrives at the 17th Annual Hollywood Film AwardsRobert Kazinsky arrives at the 17th Annual Hollywood Film Awards

robboDate: Wednesday, 04 Mar 2015, 03:42 | Message # 1145
CBS's 'Supergirl' Casts 'Last Five Years' Star Jeremy Jordan

Actor to guest star on the pilot with the potential to recur on the series.

"The Last Five Years" star Jeremy Jordan has joined the cast of CBS's comic book drama, "Supergirl," The Wrap has learned.

Jordan is set to guest star on the pilot (with the potential to recur on the series) as Winslow "Winn" Schott, a tech genius and superstar IT whiz who works alongside Kara ("Glee's" Melissa Benoist) at Cat Grant's (Calista Flockhart) company, CatCo.

Note: DC Comics fans will recognize the name of Jordan's character as one of the aliases of the villain Toyman, which has appeared in the "Superman" comics.

Jordan is best known for his work on Broadway in shows like "Newsies" and "Bonnie and Clyde," and was also a series regular on NBC's "Smash." He can be seen now on the big screen opposite Anna Kendrick in "The Last Five Years."

Via: The Wrap

Jeremy Jordan attends the premiere of RADiUS' 'The Last Five Years' after party at Wood & Vine on February 11, 2015 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Angela Weiss/Getty Images)

Jeremy Jordan attends the premiere of RADiUS' 'The Last Five Years'

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 04 Mar 2015, 11:10 | Message # 1146
Quote robbo ()
CBS's 'Supergirl' Casts 'Last Five Years' Star Jeremy Jordan

The question is: will CBS's Supergirl and The CW's Arrow and The Flash cross over at some point?

CBS's execs said it won't happen for now (but maybe in the future). With CBS co-owning The CW and Greg Berlanti producing the 3 shows (Supergirl, Arrow and The Flash), I have no doubt it will happen in time.

robboDate: Friday, 06 Mar 2015, 02:25 | Message # 1147
"Expendables" TV Series In The Works

Fox is reportedly developing an event TV series based on "The Expendables" film franchise. Sylvester Stallone will executive produce alongside regular "Expendables" producer Avi Lerner and "NCIS" veteran Shane Brennan.

Brennan will serve as show runner and will write the series alongside Greg Coolidge and Kirk Ward. The aim with the event series is to do for old TV action heroes what the films did for old movie action heroes, and the tone is said to be a fun action drama.

There is no cast attached or approached yet, but there's a lot of potential candidates for that list - Tom Selleck, David Hasselhoff, Richard Dean Anderson, Scott Bakula, Jeffrey Donovan, Lucy Lawless, Jennifer Garner, Kiefer Sutherland, etc.

A fourth and fifth instalment in the film series, along with a female-centric offshoot, are in various stages of development.

Well, event series are envisioned to have a set ending. Which is something a lot of recent TV series could benefit from. I prefer this idea it might just work or not!

CAST in The Expendables 3 (2014)Harrison Ford in The Expendables 3 (2014)Sylvester Stallone, Arnold Schwarzenegger in The Expendables 3 (2014)

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 07 Mar 2015, 00:57 | Message # 1148
First Look at Melissa Benoist as Supergirl.

That’s Melissa Benoist as Kara Zor-El, in what’s the first image to be released from Supergirl, the new pilot from Warner Bros. Television and based on the characters from DC Comics. Supergirl’s pilot episode is currently in production for CBS and also stars Mehcad Brooks (Jimmy Olsen), Calista Flockhart (Cat Grant), Chyler Leigh (Alexandra “Alex” Danvers), David Harewood (Hank Henshaw), Faran Tahir (The Commander), Dean Cain and Helen Slater (both in unspecified roles).

The costume for Supergirl was designed by three-time Oscar® winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costumes for The Flash and Arrow

Source: dccomics.com

First Look at Melissa Benoist as SupergirlFirst Look at Melissa Benoist as Supergirl

This costume is perfectly in line with the gritty, dark recent Superman or Spiderman or Wonder Woman costume, far away from the bright colors that were used in the Comic books we used to read when we were young.

robboDate: Saturday, 07 Mar 2015, 02:06 | Message # 1149
# 1148  I like it a lot, I personally love how she looks. She pretty much looks like Supergirl has looked for 50 years. 
And she looks like a proper role model for young girls. And I would imagine this means the fanboys (and girls) will drill at it. I'm looking forward to the show.

robboDate: Saturday, 07 Mar 2015, 02:59 | Message # 1150
"Gotham" Loses A Major Villain Next Season 

Fox's Batman prequel series "Gotham" is losing one of its biggest stars. Jada Pinkett Smith has reportedly said she will not return for the previously announced second season. 

The actress made the announcement Friday on "Live With Kelly and Michael" when she was asked about her future with the show: "I don't think so, no. I signed for a year and the year is up. But there are some great things coming ahead on Gotham, believe you me. There's a lot of good stuff coming,"

Pinkett Smith's Fish Mooney character was an original creation of the show and always had the sense of being a 'one season only' style deal, in contrast to the other more familiar villains like The Penguin and The Riddler who will run through the course of the series. 

This leads to the obvious question of whether the series will aim to get a similar, high-profile actor/actress to play a single season long antagonist for the show's second go round. 

Via: TheLiveFeed

robboDate: Saturday, 07 Mar 2015, 03:22 | Message # 1151
Chris Chalk Cast As Lucius Fox On 'Gotham'

Another key character from the DC Batman universe is heading to Gotham. Chris Chalk (12 Years A Slave) has been cast as Lucius Fox in the Fox drama series. He will appear in the penultimate Episode 21 of the current first season with an option to return in season 2. 

Lucius Fox is Wayne Enterprise's resident tech genius. In a corporation shadowed by nefarious dealings, Fox emerges as a moral beacon for young Bruce Wayne. His desire to help Bruce uphold Thomas Wayne's legacy eventually will earn him a spot as one of the boy's most important confidants. Indeed, in the comics, Fox goes on to become Wayne Enterprises President/CEO when Bruce Wayne becomes Batman. The role was played by Morgan Freeman in the Dark Knight trilogy. 

Chalk, who started off in theater in New York, is coming off a recurring role on HBO's The Newsroom. He is repped by Stone Manners Salners and Brillstein Entertainment. 

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 07 Mar 2015, 07:59 | Message # 1152
Quote robbo ()
Fox's Batman prequel series "Gotham" is losing one of its biggest stars. Jada Pinkett Smith has reportedly said she will not return for the previously announced second season.

Sorry to hear that, the character - and Jada Pinkett Smith - did bring a lot to the story.
I didn't know Jada really was a high profile actress, at least not from France.

robboDate: Sunday, 08 Mar 2015, 02:11 | Message # 1153
"Homeland" Heads To Europe, Jumps Forward

Alex Gansa, an executive producer on Showtime's "Homeland," has confirmed that the show's new season will jump forward around two-and-a-half years.

Speaking during the opening night of PaleyFest, Gansa says Claire Danes' Carrie Mathison will "no longer be an intelligence officer" and the show will shift its filming location to Europe, most likely Germany.

Last season used South Africa to stand in for Pakistan, with the final episode returning to Washington DC. Gansa says he can't reveal where the next season is set just yet.

One key difference is that writers Alex Cary and Chip Johannessen will be taking leaves of absence from the show during the upcoming season.

Claire Danes' performance is the one thing that kept me coming back. Great actress.

Via: THR

Claire Danes arrives at The Paley Center For Media's 32nd Annual PALEYFEST LA - 'Homeland' at Dolby Theatre on March 6, 2015 in Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frazer Harrison/Getty Images)

Claire Danes arrives at The Paley Center For Media's 32nd Annual PALEYFEST LA - 'Homeland'Claire Danes arrives at The Paley Center For Media's 32nd Annual PALEYFEST LA - 'Homeland'

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 Mar 2015, 10:33 | Message # 1154
Castle 7.15 'Reckoning' Behind the Scenes HQ Episode Stills, featuring Seamus Dever, Nathan fillion and Jon Huertas.

Castle 7.15 'Reckoning' Behind the Scenes HQ Episode Stills, featuring Seamus Dever, Nathan fillion and Jon Huertas.Castle 7.15 'Reckoning' Behind the Scenes HQ Episode Stills, featuring Seamus Dever, Nathan fillion and Jon Huertas.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 09 Mar 2015, 21:15 | Message # 1155
Outlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional Photos

Outlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional Photos
Outlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional Photos
Outlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional PhotosOutlander - Season 1B - First Look Promotional Photos

Outlander returns Saturday, April 4 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Starz.

Thanks to http://www.farfarawaysite.com/ for the pics

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: