menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 12 Feb 2015, 04:06 | Message # 1111
Group: Friends
'Once Upon A Time' Enlists Agnes Bruckner

She portrayed Anna Nicole Smith on Lifetime and is one of the stars of the upcoming A&E series 'The Returned.'

Agnes Bruckner, who starred as Anna Nicole Smith in The Anna Nicole Story on Lifetime last year, is heading to Storybrooke.

The actress has been cast in a three-episode arc on ABC's Once Upon a Time, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

Details of the character Bruckner will be playing are being kept under wraps, as is the timing of her first appearance.

Once comes at a busy time for the actress, who also has a co-starring role on A&E's upcoming Carlton Cuse remake of French thriller The Returned, which bows March 9th.

Bruckner has had roles in a number of movies, including Murder by the Numbers, which starred Sandra Bullock and Ryan Gosling; Stateside, with Val Kilmer; and Blood and Chocolate, starring Hugh Dancy, among others.

Via: THR

Agnes Bruckner attends the 18for18: Summer Soiree Honoring Somaly Mam Foundation in California.

Agnes Bruckner attends the 18for18: Summer Soiree Honoring Somaly Mam FoundationAgnes Bruckner attends the 18for18: Summer Soiree Honoring Somaly Mam Foundation

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 12 Feb 2015, 10:25 | Message # 1112
Group: Administrators
Several entertainment websites think Thomas Dekker new show "Backstrom" is likely to be canceled, given the show's ratings.

The third episode drew just a 1.0 adults 18-49 rating and while it premiered OK, the ratings trajectory [1.9, 1.4, 1.0] doesn't bode well for the future of the show.

Notes from Bubble Watch's @TVTomShaw:

Backstrom actually had a respectable premiere rating. I didn’t mention it, since it that premiere was basically irrelevant – the real test was how the show held up vs. normal competition. Against (almost-) normal competition, the show has dropped into cancellation territory. We’ll see how long Bones actually stays off the air, and how long the relatively stable American Idol only airs for one hour a week.

Thomas Dekker as Gregory Valentine in Backstrom

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Friday, 13 Feb 2015, 03:41 | Message # 1113
# 1112  What a shame sad to hear regarding Thomas Dekker's new show. He doesn't seem to be getting the rub of the green, very unfortunate for such a talented actor of his capacity. Show's ratings the root of all evil! Looks like another show getting canned.

robboDate: Friday, 13 Feb 2015, 03:58 | Message # 1114
David Lyons To Topline NBC Pilot 'Game Of Silence'

The former The Cape and Revolution co-star David Lyons is returning to NBC as the lead in the network's drama pilot Game of Silence, from CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, Parenthood executive producer David Hudgins and Sony TV.

Written by Hudgins based on a Turkish format and directed by Niels Arden Oplev, Game Of Silence centers on Jackson (Lyons), a rising attorney on the brink of success who could lose his perfectly crafted life when his long-lost childhood friends threaten to expose a dark secret from their violent past. 

NBC has been high on the project, which had a pilot production commitment with a series penalty attached to it. A writers room was set up during the script stage, with the stories for the first 13 episodes already broken. 

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Sunday, 15 Feb 2015, 04:43 | Message # 1115
Christina Aguilera Is Headed To Nashville 

Nashville is getting a dose of pop: Christina Aguilera has lined-up a recurring arc on the show, People reported. According to People, the coach on The Voice will play Jade St. John, a pop star who wants to record a country album, but faces pushback from her label. 

Though Aguilera is mostly known as a vocalist, she does have some acting experience: she starred in 2010's Burlesque. 

Via: EW

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 15 Feb 2015, 08:34 | Message # 1116
Quote robbo ()
David Lyons To Topline NBC Pilot 'Game Of Silence'

The former The Cape and Revolution co-star David Lyons is returning to NBC as the lead in the network's drama pilot Game of Silence, from CSI maven Carol Mendelsohn, Parenthood executive producer David Hudgins and Sony TV.

First ER then The Cape then Revolution and now Game of Silence. NBC's faith toward David Lyons is noteworthy. I wonder if...Nah, that's just me bad-mouthing a talented an under-rated actor.

On a side note, Carol Mendelsohn was the executive producer/showrunner of TNT's 2011 pilot "Scent of the Missing", based on the book by the same name by Susannah Charleson, and starring Tricia Helfer, Eric Winter and Summer Glau.

robboDate: Monday, 16 Feb 2015, 04:19 | Message # 1117
The CW's 'Beauty and the Beast' Renewed For Fourth Season 

The CW continues to hand out early renewals for 2015-16. 

The youth-skewing network has renewed drama Beauty and the Beast for a fourth season - four months ahead of its third-season bow. 

The drama, set for a 13-episode run, will return May 21 at 8 p.m., again helping to bolster the little-watched summer season. 

The Kristin Kreuk and Jay Ryan starrer becomes the latest series to score an early pickup. It joins Arrow, The Originals, Reign, Supernatural, The Vampire Diaries, The Flash and Jane the Virgin on the schedule for next year. 

CW president Mark Pedowitz told reporters in January that he was planning a big summer scripted expansion - with season four of Beast likely to return to the schedule. 

Still to be determined is the fate of veteran Hart of Dixie, with the network taking a wait-and-see approach to its future. 

I'm a bit confused with The CW they cancel 'The Tomorrow People' and give 'no offense to the BATB supporters' but come-on it makes very little sense. I always thought this show was on its last legs I mean how is it surviving? I know summer shows probably might not need substantial through the roof ratings. But why couldn't they give 'The Tomorrow People' maybe another season on their summer schedule surely they had nothing to lose doing a bit of juggling with well I thought a decent little show for the network. 

Via: THR

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 16 Feb 2015, 13:15 | Message # 1118
Quote robbo ()
I'm a bit confused with The CW

You were not the only one. Many people/sites online had a hard time believing the show was renewed for a FOURTH season season, whereas the THIRD season will only start on May 21 on The CW. All the more so it started as a rumor posted online by a cast member and not as an official press release.

That means the show was renewed for a 4th season without even knowing what the ratings for the upcoming 3th season will be (FYI, BATB is their lowest rated scripted series). Well, I guess CBS (who co-owns The CW and produces BATB) must make money from the show, regardless its ratings. More, it seems Syndication gods pretty much just require 4 seasons now at this point.

robboDate: Wednesday, 18 Feb 2015, 03:23 | Message # 1119
Jaimie Alexander To Star In NBC Pilot 'Blindspot'

Jaimie Alexander (Thor), one of the most heavily pursued leading ladies this broadcasting pilot season, has signed on as the female lead in NBC pilot Blindspot, from Warner Bros. TV and Greg Berlanti Prods. The pilot, written by Martin Gero and directed by Mark Pellington, centers on Jane Doe (Alexander), a beautiful woman who finds herself at the center of an investigation after climbing out of a duffel bag in the middle of Times Square in New York City with her memory wiped and no clue as to what the extensive tattoos on her body mean. The FBI begin to follow the road map on her body to reveal a larger conspiracy while bringing her closer to discovering the truth about her identity.

Alexander, repped by Atlas Artists, WME and Lev Ginsburg, has reprised her Sif character from Marvel's Thor movie franchise in two episodes of the company's ABC series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. She will be seen in a major recurring role on HBO's upcoming comedy series The Brink and has completed filming the indie Broken Vows, starring opposite Wes Bentley.

Peter Facinelli and Jaimie Alexander attend Showtime 2014 Emmy Eve at Sunset Tower on August 24, 2014 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Joe Kohen/Getty Images)

Peter Facinelli and Jaimie Alexander attend Showtime 2014 Emmy EvePeter Facinelli and Jaimie Alexander attend Showtime 2014 Emmy EvePeter Facinelli and Jaimie Alexander attend Showtime 2014 Emmy Eve

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Feb 2015, 14:04 | Message # 1120
Quote robbo ()
Jaimie Alexander To Star In NBC Pilot 'Blindspot'

It seems like a mix between the 2002 series "John Doe", starring Dominic Purcell, and the 2006 series "Kyle XY", starring Matt Dallas.

Greg Berlanti is everywhere.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 19 Feb 2015, 13:14 | Message # 1121
I finally found out where I had seen the 12 monkey's Kirk Acevedo (who plays Ramse) before.

Kirk Acevedo in 12 Monkeys  Kirk Acevedo, Keri Russell, Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 20 Feb 2015, 09:12 | Message # 1122
Nathan Fillion's guest appearance on The Big Bang Theory season 8 episode 15 was like "And yet another picture with a Firefly alum for my Facebook page..."

Nathan Fillion, Johnny Galecki and Kunal Nayyar in The Big Bang TheoryHoward and Summer Glau in TBBT 2.17 The Terminator Decoupling

robboDate: Friday, 20 Feb 2015, 22:15 | Message # 1123
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I finally found out where I had seen the 12 monkey's Kirk Acevedo (who plays Ramse) before.

Kirk Acevedo in 12 Monkeys  Kirk Acevedo, Keri Russell, Jason Clarke and Kodi Smit-McPhee in Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)

Also he was in "Band of Brothers" (2001) a TV mini-series with 10 episodes. an absolute must watch awesome series. I would give the show 10/10  smile

robboDate: Friday, 20 Feb 2015, 22:34 | Message # 1124
CBS' "Supergirl" Gets A Mother & A Cape

"Nashville" actress Laura Benanti has been cast in the key recurring role of Alura Zor-EI, the birth mother of Kara (Melissa Benoist), in the CBS pilot "Supergirl".

The character is described as a strong noblewoman who sends Kara to Earth to escape Krypton's destruction. Her wisdom and guidance echoes across space and time, proving invaluable on Kara's journey toward becoming Supergirl.

Benoist plays the 24-year-old Kara who has been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin, Superman. She soon decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be. 

In related news, recently leaked snippets of dialogue from casting tests for the show confirm the character will don a cape, the Superman references will be there, and that Winslow 'Wynn' Schott (the future Toyman) will essentially be the equivalent of Q from the Bond films in terms of his relationship to Kara.

Via: ComicBook.Com

robboDate: Friday, 20 Feb 2015, 23:02 | Message # 1125
Jill Marie Jones To Co-Star In Starz's 'Ash Vs. Evil Dead'

Jill Marie Jones has been set as a lead opposite Bruce Campbell in Starz's "Ash Vs Evil Dead," the follow-up series to the Evil Dead horror pic franchise. The original series begins filming in the spring in New Zealand and 10 half-hour episodes will premiere on the network later this year. 

The plot: After the grisly murder of her partner, disgraced Michigan State Trooper Amanda Fisher (Jones) sets out to find our anti-hero Ash (original franchise star Bruce Campbell) and prove his responsibility for the crime. But as she soon learns, Ash and his cohorts maybe mankind's only hope against the plague of Evil Dead. 

Jones, repped by Global Artists Agency and Link Entertainment, is best known on TV for starring as Toni Childs in Girlfriends and also appeared in American Horror Story. She joins previously announced cast members Ray Santiago and Dana DeLorenzo.

Evil Dead co-hatcher Sam Raimi will direct the first episode he wrote with Ivan Raimi, Craig DiGregorio and Tom Spezialy. He also executive produces with Campbell and Rob Tapert; DiGregorio is executive producer/showrunner.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: