menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 15 Jan 2015, 03:08 | Message # 1081
Group: Friends
Lawless, Townsend Join "Salem" S2

Lucy Lawless and Stuart Townsend have joined the cast of the second season of WGN America's witch drama "Salem".

Lawless will portray Countess Marburg, one of the last remaining survivors from the ancient line of German witches. Townsend will play Samuel Wainwright an English doctor who is determined to uncover Salem's secrets while keeping ones of his own.

Joe Doyle and Oliver Bell have both been upped to series regulars and will join returning cast mates Janet Montgomery, Shane West, Seth Gabel, Ashley Madekwe, Tamzin Merchant, Elise Eberle and Iddo Goldberg.

The thirteen-episode second season follows witch Mary (Montgomery), as she battles for control of the 17th-century village. Filming begins today in Shreveport, Louisiana ahead of an April premiere.

I thought maybe Lucy Lawless might be returning to Agents of SHIELD.

Via: DH

Premiere Of Starz's 'Spartacus: War Of The Damned' - Red Carpet

Lucy Lawless (L) and Anna Hutchison pose at the after party for the premiere of Starz's 'Spartacus: War Of The Damned' at the Chateau Marmont on January 22, 2013 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Lucy Lawlessv at the Premiere Of Starz's 'Spartacus: War Of The Damned'Lucy Lawlessv at the Premiere Of Starz's 'Spartacus: War Of The Damned'Lucy Lawlessv at the Premiere Of Starz's 'Spartacus: War Of The Damned'

robboDate: Thursday, 15 Jan 2015, 04:21 | Message # 1082
Devon Graye Is New Trickster In "Flash"

Frequent TV guest star Devon Graye, best known for his role as the teenage Dexter Morgan in Showtime's "Dexter," has scored the role of Axel Walker/The Trickster in The CW's "The Flash".

Mark Hamill played James Jesse, aka. The Trickster, in the 1990s "The Flash" TV series where the character essentially served as the hero's primary antagonist.

In this version of "The Flash", Hamill delivers a new take on that role with terrorist and con man James Jesse serving a life sentence in Iron Heights for his crimes as The Trickster years before hand.

It's then that a young wannabe Trickster named Axel Walker starts following in the original's deadly footsteps, and Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) must seek the help of James Jesse to bring him down.

The episode will also reportedly see the onscreen reunion of Hamill with original "Flash" star John Wesley Shipp.

Source: ComicBook

Entertainment Weekly's Annual Comic-Con Celebration - Arrivals

evon Graye attends Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, Californiaevon Graye attends Entertainment Weekly's annual Comic-Con celebration at Float at Hard Rock Hotel San Diego on July 26, 2014 in San Diego, California

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 15 Jan 2015, 21:50 | Message # 1083
Group: Administrators
What "The 12 Monkeys" Showrunner Natalie Chaidez Learned From Writing For Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles, published at Io9.

On T:SCC, "the strong bond between Sarah and John, and that arc through the season, had to be the foundation of our show and not a sort of mechanical plot thing," says Chaidez.

I can speak only for myself but the relationship between John and Sarah was not the main reason I watched the show. I know they've build the show around it but then Cameron stole the show.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 17 Jan 2015, 03:28 | Message # 1084
In The Flesh Cancelled By The BBC 

It's official: the BBC will not be pressing ahead with In The Flesh series 3. Just because many of us saw this one coming, it doesn't mean that it doesn't hurt: the BBC has pulled the plug on In The Flesh after two series. 

This isn't a case of a show that had run its course, nor one without further stories to tell. Creator Dominic Mitchell had plans for further episodes, but with the BBC pulling the plug on its BBC Three channel (well, it's going online only) - which was home to the show - the corporation has decided not to press ahead with In The Flesh series 3. 

A statement from the BBC read that "BBC Three is very proud of the two award-winning series of In The Flesh. However, given there is only budget for one original drama series a year on the channel it won't be returning"

We can but hope that In The Flesh is given a new home, by someone like Netflix or Amazon Prime. Because there are lots of us crying out for series 3. 

Absolutely gutted! bang goes another award-winning show just like The Fades. Another outstanding decision from the BBC! The worst network in the UK. Fans are livid!

Via: DenofGeek

robboDate: Sunday, 18 Jan 2015, 04:38 | Message # 1085
Fox Planning To Revive "The X-Files"

Fox TV Group chairman Gary Newman used today's TCA Winter Tour presentation to announce plans to revive Chris Carter's classic series "The X-Files".

Newman says they would like to bring back the show's original stars David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, but that's not confirmed.

No further details were on offer. The series ran from 1993 to 2002, ultimately clocking up two films and 202 episodes, along with helping pave the way for the proliferation of successful supernatural and sci-fi genre series currently on the air.

I must admit Gillian Anderson still looks amazing.

Source: Fox

CA: BAFTA Los Angeles Tea Party held at Four Seasons Hotel

Gillian Anderson - 1/10/2015 - Beverly Hills, CA - BAFTA Los Angeles Tea PartyGillian Anderson - 1/10/2015 - Beverly Hills, CA - BAFTA Los Angeles Tea PartyGillian Anderson - 1/10/2015 - Beverly Hills, CA - BAFTA Los Angeles Tea Party

robboDate: Sunday, 18 Jan 2015, 05:13 | Message # 1086
Fox Renews Gotham For A Second Season!

Fresh from their TCA presentation today, Fox has officially announced that "Gotham" has been renewed for a second season. The series has gained an average 4.2 rating in Adults 18-49 and 10.6 million viewers when including DVR playback. It's also this season's No. 1 broadcast drama overall among men 18-49 and men 18-34.

"Gotham" is an origin story of the great DC Comics Super-Villains and vigilantes, revealing an entirely new chapter that has never been told. From executive producer / writer Bruno Heller, "Gotham" follows one cop's rise through a dangerously corrupt city teetering between good and evil, and chronicles the birth of one of the most popular super heroes of our time. The series stars Ben McKenzie, Donal Logue, Jada Pinkett Smith and Robin Lord Taylor.

Via: SuperHeroHype

** Mod edit ** : For the sake of precision, I have added the mention "when including DVR playback" regarding the series ratings.

GOTHAM, Jada Pinkett Smith in 'Rogues' Gallery' GOTHAM, Ben McKenzie, Erin Richards, 'Spirit of the Goat'

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 19 Jan 2015, 09:35 | Message # 1087
Social networking sites like Twitter or Facebook are now taken in account when measuring the impact (and not just the ratings) of a TV show.

Here's an excerpt from an ABC press release about Marvel's Agent Carter.

· ABC’s Marvel’s Agent Carter delivered the Net’s best Adult 18-49 rating in the 2-hour time slot with regular programming in more than a year – since 11/5/13. In addition, Agent Carter was also up from the most recent airing of S.H.I.E.L.D. (5.3 million and 1.7/5 on 12/9/14), which was the show’s 2nd-strongest performance since its September premiere, in viewers (+30%) and young adults (+12%).

· Carter was the most social series on broadcast last night with 104,053 tweets, making this the 2nd most social new drama series premiere for ABC, behind only to How to Get Away with Murder.

Agent Carter was the top broadcast show on General Sentiment's social TV chart for the weeks of January 5-11, 2015. Remember: a show's social media popularity does not correlate to its renewal prospects and/or actual ratings.

Agent Carter was the top broadcast show on General Sentiment's social TV chart

ABC's 'Marvel's Agent Carter

robboDate: Thursday, 22 Jan 2015, 03:14 | Message # 1088
# 1067  12 Monkeys was actually very good it was a great first episode. Actually I think Syfy could be on to a winner with this show. I thought the show passed with flying colors.

The series has a complex story to tell, and the performances where quite a pleasant surprise holding up quite well. At times with clues about present 'Cole and past Cole' in a time flux.

Brought back memories of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles to a certain degree. If that makes any sense.

robboDate: Thursday, 22 Jan 2015, 03:43 | Message # 1089
The Red Hood Is Coming To "Gotham"

One key bit of Batman lore that Fox's "Gotham" has not touched upon yet is about to get its time in the sun - the Red Hood. Executive producer Bruno Heller tells CBR that the key character will be making his debut on the series shortly:

"There's going to be an episode that involves the Red Hood. Which picks up that strand, the costume strand, and sort of gives a kind of philosophical base, if that's not too pretentious a word. Why costumes? What's the power of costumes? What's the power of a mask? All of that groundwork will be laid sort of culturally for that side of the DC Universe before we start rolling into the more spectacular spandex type of deal."

A part of Batman mythology since near the beginning, The Red Hood was The Joker before his disfigurement via falling after falling into a chemical vat. There's been adjustments to the continuity over the years, with "Gotham" more likely to follow the changes made within Alan Moore's "The Killing Joke".

In that storyline, a gang hires various people to don the hood during their crimes - that way they can falsely identify the Red Hood as their leader on all crimes they perform if something goes wrong. A failed comedian, who loses his pregnant wife in a freak accident that same way, is the one wearing the hood when a crime goes wrong and he falls into a chemical vat - thus becoming The Joker.

Could the Red Hood deliver our first appearance of the future The Joker in this universe?

Via: CBR

'Mozart In The Jungle' New York Series Premiere

Makenzie Leigh attends 'Mozart In The Jungle' New York Series Premiere at Alice Tully Hall at Lincoln Center on December 2, 2014 in New York City. (Photo by Mireya Acierto/Getty Images)

Makenzie Leigh attends 'Mozart In The Jungle' New York Series PremiereMakenzie Leigh attends 'Mozart In The Jungle' New York Series Premiere

robboDate: Friday, 23 Jan 2015, 02:26 | Message # 1090
"Glee" Star Benoist Is CBS' New "Supergirl"

Melissa Benoist is CBS' new Supergirl

"Glee" and "Whiplash" actress Melissa Benoist has been cast Kara Zor-El, the title character in CBS' upcoming "Supergirl" TV series.

The likes of Gemma Atkinson and Claire Holt were previously suggested for the role, and producer Greg Berlanti revealed last week that casting was to be announced soon as the pilot will shortly go into production.

The series will center on Kara Zor-El, who has been hiding in plain sight on Earth for several years, following the destruction of her home planet Krypton.

At the age of 24, she decides to finally embrace her incredible abilities and become the hero she was always destined to be.

Other key roles yet to be cast include Kara's science-minded foster sister Alex, Cat Grant, Hank Henshaw, James Olsen and Wynn Schott.

Via: TVLine

Melissa Benoist at TrevorLIVE Los Angeles for The Trevor Project, Hollywood Palladium, Los Angeles, on December 8, 2013.

Melissa Benoist is CBS' new SupergirlMelissa Benoist is CBS' new SupergirlMelissa Benoist is CBS' new Supergirl

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 23 Jan 2015, 10:45 | Message # 1091
Quote robbo ()
"Glee" Star Benoist Is CBS' New "Supergirl"

That would make Melissa Benoist the second Glee cast member, after The Flash’s Grant Gustin for The CW, to move on to become a DC superhero.
More, both shows are produced by Greg Berlanti and The CW is a joint venture between CBS and Warner Bros., which means the likelihood that Supergirl could crossover with The Flash and Arrow at some point. is pretty high.

Subsidiary question: will the showrunner ask Melissa to dye her hair blonde?

robboDate: Saturday, 24 Jan 2015, 03:41 | Message # 1092
# 1091 I must admit The CW seem to be gathering the cast members of Glee one-by-one.
Should be a strong possibility of a crossover between the three shows somewhere along the line I would imagine knowing our Greg! 

"Although he did quote a few weeks ago. At this point, there's no reason to think that we'll see a Supergirl/Arrow/Flash crossover any time soon - since Berlanti is mostly just teasing-up future possibilities for a show that hasn't even premiered yet. That said, it does sound as though the producer believes a three-show crossover is possible - given the right conditions"

I like the idea of a crossover would certainly help raise awareness for Supergirl. And I sort of think well it would be beneficial for Berlanti. 

It's a crying shame if she dyes her hair blonde. Melissa is one hell of a stunner on that red carpet.  love

robboDate: Saturday, 24 Jan 2015, 04:07 | Message # 1093
"Walking Dead" Spin-off Gets A Title?

Turns out the upcoming spin-off based on AMC's mega-rating zombie drama "The Walking Dead" may not be as separated from its main show as first thought.

The Nerdist has some new details on the show indicating that we'll see a crossover element come into play. Specifically one of the major characters in the upcoming Los Angeles-based spin-off may be playing a major part in the sixth season of "The Walking Dead". Here's their report, which also includes a rumored title for the new series:

"Our sources tell us that one of the characters who will lead The Walking Dead spin-off, will be appearing for a six-episode arc in season 6 of The Walking Dead. They'll cross paths with Team Rick in Georgia before presumably making their way towards the West Coast for the L.A.-based show.

Now, while there is no air date set for the spin-off, here's what we have heard. The show is rumored to be titled Fear The Walking Dead, and allegedly takes place while Rick was in a coma, during the initial zombie plague outbreak. This means we'll get to see how the world crumbled around society as the dead first began to walk the earth."

It is also being suggested that AMC may employ the strategy that ABC is doing with its Marvel shows - namely slotting in the spin-off series during the mid-season break of the main show.

Via: TheNerdist

Lauren Cohan attends the 2014 American Music Awards at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California, November 23, 2014. AFP PHOTO/FREDERIC J. BROWN (Photo credit should read FREDERIC J. BROWN/AFP/Getty Images)

Lauren Cohan attends the 2014 American Music AwardsLauren Cohan attends the 2014 American Music AwardsLauren Cohan attends the 2014 American Music AwardsLauren Cohan attends the 2014 American Music Awards

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 25 Jan 2015, 08:57 | Message # 1094
Quote robbo ()
# 1067  12 Monkeys was actually very good it was a great first episode. Actually I think Syfy could be on to a winner with this show. I thought the show passed with flying colors.

The series has a complex story to tell, and the performances where quite a pleasant surprise holding up quite well. At times with clues about present 'Cole and past Cole' in a time flux.

Brought back memories of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles to a certain degree. If that makes any sense.

"The dead will rise!"

Spotted the same scary guy from The Cape (ep. 7 and 8 The Lich), wearing the same hat and playing a similar role, in the second episode of 12 Monkeys.

scary guy with hatscary guy with hat

I guess 6' 6" tall Tom Noonan is typecast.

robboDate: Monday, 26 Jan 2015, 03:00 | Message # 1095
# 1094  Oh my god! 6' 6'' tall I didn't realize the actor was that tall. Unbelievable he must have been stood in a grow-bag when he was a nipper. 
Very scary imposing presence Mr Noonan, I wouldn't like to bump into him in a dark alley that's for sure.

Yes indeed well spotted! I also remember him in AMC's 'Hell on Wheels' as 'Reverend Nathaniel Cole'
He was a strange dude in that show.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: