menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 29 Jun 2012, 12:26 | Message # 91
Group: Administrators
Battlestar Galactica's Tricia Helfer, as well as Dollhouse's Dichen Lachman , to name a few, will be guest starring in the upcoming second season of Husbands, a critically acclaimed web series about two male celebrities who “get married, and the media explodes with speculation and judgment”, reported EW.
The series was created and written by Jane Espenson, who worked on the Battlestar Galactica series, Caprica, Buffy, Dollhouse, and stars Cheeks, Sean Hemeon, and Caprica's Alessandra Torresani.

Source : "'Husbands': EP and star on season 2 of their gay-marriage web series -- EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS" at EW.

Husbands Season 2 premieres August 15 on the Husbands website.

Check out the first episode below:

Tricia Helfer and Dichen Lachman prepare for a scene that Bell calls “one of the funniest moments of the season.”

Side note : Alessandra Torresani also played in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles s01ep03 The Turk

1x03 The Turk HD 1080p

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 04 Jul 2012, 23:20 | Message # 92
Extented trailer for upcoming CW's Arrow, based on the comics :

I liked Justin Hartley as the Arrow in Smallville but this new guy seems to be rougher on the edges, which seems to fit this darker version of the Arrow.

Might take a look at the pilot.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 05 Jul 2012, 09:17 | Message # 93
Hey, Twillight, Smallville and Moonlight fans, this is for you!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 Aug 2012, 07:37 | Message # 94
Quote (chrisdvanne)
And now NBC has ordered a pilot that sounds similar to HBO's : Beautiful People,“is set in the near future in a society where humans co-exist with mechanical androids that look like people but are treated like second-class citizens.”

Sadly, "Beautiful People" has not been picked up as serie.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 27 Aug 2012, 01:02 | Message # 95
Must read article at iO9, not to mention the TSCC picture on top.

How to Tell from a Pilot if a TV Show is Going to be Any Good

Soon enough, the big television networks will offer up their brand new shows for your approval. You'll get to see the pilot episodes that producers and execs were sweating over last spring. A great TV pilot can be like a thrilling summer movie, leaving the door open to weeks of adventures afterwards.

But how can you tell from watching a pilot if you'll actually like the show, going forward? Are there any clues you can glean from the first hour or two that let you know if a show is going to be fun? Here are some ideas.

Update : James Middleton approved wink

As Charlie Jane said : "T:SCC made a determined attempt to avoid "terminator of the week" and it paid off massively, from a creative standpoint.".

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 27 Aug 2012, 08:37

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 29 Aug 2012, 23:45 | Message # 96
ABC Greenlights ‘S.H.I.E.L.D’ Marvel Pilot, Joss Whedon To Co-Write & Possibly Direct

Read more : Deadline

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 02 Sep 2012, 23:59 | Message # 97
The FULL Revolution pilot will be online this Tuesday on NBC.com!

Synopsys :
What would you do without it all? In this epic adventure from J.J. Abrams' Bad Robot Productions and "Supernatural's" Eric Kripke, a family struggles to reunite in an American landscape where every single piece of technology - computers, planes, cars, phones, even lights - has mysteriously blacked out forever. A drama with sweeping scope and intimate focus, "Revolution" is also about family - both the family you're born into and the family you choose. This is a swashbuckling journey of hope and rebirth seen through the eyes of one strong-willed young woman, Charlie Matheson (Tracy Spiridakos, "Being Human"), and her brother Danny (Graham Rogers, "Memphis Beat"). When Danny is kidnapped by militia leaders for a darker purpose, Charlie must reconnect with her estranged uncle Miles (Billy Burke, "The Twilight Saga"), a former U.S. Marine living a reclusive life. Together, with a rogue band of survivors, they set out to rescue Danny, overthrow the militia and ultimately re-establish the United States of America. All the while, they explore the enduring mystery of why the power failed, and if - or how - it will ever return.

The series also stars Anna Lise Phillips ("Animal Kingdom") as Maggie, Zak Orth ("Romeo + Juliet) as Aaron, JD Pardo ("A Cinderella Story") as Nate, Giancarlo Esposito ("Breaking Bad") as Captain Tom Neville, David Lyons ("The Cape") as Bass, Maria Howell ("The Blind Side") as Grace, Daniella Alonso ("Friday Night Lights") as Nora, Tim Guinee ("Iron Man") as Ben Matheson and Elizabeth Mitchell ("Lost") as Rachel Matheson. Kripke, Abrams and Bryan Burk ("Lost," "Star Trek") serve as executive producers, and Jon Favreau ("Iron Man," "Iron Man 2") serves as co-executive producer. "Revolution" is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions, Kripke Enterprises and Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Favreau.

Premieres Monday, September 17 at 10/9 on NBC!

AlexDate: Tuesday, 04 Sep 2012, 03:18 | Message # 98
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
ABC Greenlights ‘S.H.I.E.L.D’ Marvel Pilot, Joss Whedon To Co-Write & Possibly Direct

Read more : Deadline

This looks very promising. I found it interesting reading the comments. There were 85 when I had a look and most people seemed very enthusiastic about this prospect. I believe the Marvel fanbase is a large one and they have taken a very favourable view of Joss Whedon's work on The Avengers.

No one mentioned Summer. Hopefully, they are in for a surprise.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 07 Sep 2012, 17:03 | Message # 99
The CW Developing Wonder Woman Origin Series

It's only been a year since NBC rejected David E. Kelley's Wonder Woman series, but now The CW is trying its hand at the headbanded and cuffed crusader.

Read full article : tvguide

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 14 Sep 2012, 06:41 | Message # 100
REVOLUTION on NBC - Monday, September 17, 2012 at 10pm

Don't miss the premiere of that high profile sci-fi show. Abrams and Kripke had add a lot of good things into the mix, a good cast, a good pilot (it was available online) a cute girl with a bow and arrow a la 'The Hunger Games'.

I must say that the genre has a track record of failed attemps in the last few years. More, NBC's Monday at 10pm is not the best timeslot for a new show. Let's hope the series will live up to its potential and that audiences will embrace it.

Side note : i will probably add a trivia or two about the pilot in the "Easter eggs and other (hidden) messages" thread later today, nothing too spoilerish.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Sep 2012, 08:49 | Message # 101
FALL SCI-FI TV PREVIEW: 28 midseason shows, movies and miniseries at Blastr

Coming soon, we'll get clones, conspiracy theories, aliens, vampires, a prophet and pirates. We'll also get a chance to see the return of Firefly and Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog.

Here's our list of 28 projects coming up for midseason and beyond, and movies, miniseries and specials. Most of the quoted descriptions below come from the networks' press releases.

I could not resist showing you one more time the trailer made by Science Channel

robboDate: Saturday, 15 Sep 2012, 18:19 | Message # 102
Group: Friends
really looking forward seeing cw,s arrow based on the comics the pilot should tell us more about it whether its any good or not you never know we might be crying out for more seems to be in the similar category of the cape which i really enjoyed but only got 1 season

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 15 Sep 2012, 23:59 | Message # 103
Quote (robbo)
seems to be in the similar category of the cape which i really enjoyed but only got 1 season

I enjoyed The Cape too but i hope for The Arrow that it's not in the same category; judging by the trailer, it appears that The CW's new show is not campy at all like The Cape was, and there's no boring story arc involving a child; instead we have a dark family and love story.

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 16 Sep 2012, 13:41 | Message # 104
Group: Friends
I never got a proper look at this preamble on TV. My thoughts are that it is a shame the series The Cape ever existed because this makes it look very lame. I also wonder whether the crossbow/arrow idea were taken from Hunger Games.
That is the trouble with creating a new series..... it needs to be unique. At least his weapon is believable and real.... everything is real. No throwing magical weapons, no disappearing in smoke puffs and things like that.
Without seeing the females in this series for an extended period, I can not make any conclusions about whether there was a part for Summer.
I think the lead character has proved to us that he has muscles on his muscles LOL.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 17 Sep 2012, 18:52 | Message # 105
I watched NBC's newest high profile sci-fi show Revolution a few days ago, since the pilot was available on NBC's site for everyone to see.

I'm not going to write a review but i just wanted to make a few remarks on the casting; spoilers ahead, don't read any further if want to keep it a surprise.

You'll be glad to know that Orwell's former partner, actor David Lyons in real life, plays an important role in the serie. It seems that NBC's won't hold The Cape's failure against him.

Tim Guinee plays Ben Matheson, father of female lead Charlie Matheson, in the serie (he's on the group photo as well, on top left).

You may know him already from TSCC; no, not from the aired episodes but from the un-aired pilot. Indeed, he played Charley Dixon (the character's name was Burke Daniels to be correct) but was later replaced by Dean Winters because he lacked chemistry with Lena Headey.
Here's a screencap from the unaired pilot showing Tim Guinee and Lena.

Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost, V) plays Rachel Matheson, mother of Charlie, in the pilot and we see her briefly in the scenes before the blackout; but when the stories takes places 15 years later, there's no sign of her and Charlie's father mentions "Your mom is gone, she died, out there,..."

Come one really, do they want us to believe that a high profile actress like Mitchell was hired for just a few scenes in the pilot tongue You know Hollywood's famous tale : till you've seen the body, nobody is dead in tv shows or movies.

Mitchell doesn't appear in the group promo shot but she does in another promo poster :

I think Revolution has all the ingredients to make a succesfull sci-fi show, a good story, top notch writers and directors (Iron Man's Jon Favreau directed the pilot) and interesting but not too burdensome mythology.
Then why give it the deadly-to-rookie-shows 10pm spot on NBC?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: