menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Monday, 13 Oct 2014, 04:04 | Message # 1006
Group: Friends
Starz Gives "Black Sails" A Third Season

We are still months away from the premiere of the second season of the Starz network's pirate action drama "Black Sails" Yet the network is happy enough with the show they've already renewed it for a third season to air in early 2016.

This isn't unprecedented. Starz renewed the series for a second season a full five months before the show premiered its first. Even so, this is a big vote of confidence from the network which has previously struggled to get dramas that go beyond two seasons. "Sails" marks only the third to do so on the network after "Spartacus" and "Da Vinci's Demons".

The first season averaged a solid 5.3 million total viewers per episode in the United States, and the show has also been a big hit internationally.

Starz has also just premiered the first trailer for the second season over on the Starz official Black Sails Youtube Channel.

Source: Starz

Premiere Of Starz Original Series 'Black Sails' - Red Carpet on January 8, 2014 in Hollywood, California.

Jessica Parker Kennedy arrives at the Starz original series premiere of 'Black Sails' at the Harmony Gold Preview House and Theater on January 8, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Hannah New arrives at the Starz original series premiere of 'Black Sails' at the Harmony Gold Preview House and Theater on January 8, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Zach McGowan arrives at the Starz original series premiere of 'Black Sails' at the Harmony Gold Preview House and Theater on January 8, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Caitriona Balfe arrives at the Starz original series premiere of 'Black Sails' at the Harmony Gold Preview House and Theater on January 8, 2014 in Hollywood, California.Caitriona Balfe and Sam Heughan arrive at the Starz original series premiere of 'Black Sails' at the Harmony Gold Preview House and Theater on January 8, 2014 in Hollywood, California.

robboDate: Tuesday, 14 Oct 2014, 01:57 | Message # 1007
"Underworld" Gets TV Series, Beckinsale Back

Recently there was a report that the supernatural "Underworld" franchise was set to be revived as a spin-off, this time with "Divergent" star Theo James taking the leading role. It also seemed to indicate previous star Kate Beckinsale was out. 

It turns out the plans for the franchise are more ambitious than that. Appearing at the New York Comic Con this weekend, "Underworld" director Len Wiseman (and Beckinsale's husband) tells IGN that the British actress isn't done yet with the franchise.

In fact three separate projects are in development - the aforementioned spin-off film featuring some of the supporting characters from previous films (ala the third movie "Rise of the Lycans"), a proper sequel with Beckinsale returning as Selene, and a TV series spin-off. 

Asked which will come first, Wiseman says he doesn't know. There are a lot of rumors floating around, but that is all they are he adds. 

Beckinsale back in tight leather that will do for me, there's plenty of room for direction with the "Underworld" franchise. with whatever direction they want to take with the backstory. It would be be fantastic if given the go-ahead, watch this space. 

Via: IGN

robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014, 03:58 | Message # 1008
A "Resident Evil" TV Series In The Works

The film series based on the "Resident Evil" video game franchise is set to close up shop with its upcoming sixth entry "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" which will begin shooting midway through next year. Constantin film, who produces the franchise, has no plans to let it rest at that though. 

Along with announcing TV series based on some of its films like the Ben Whishaw-led "Perfume" and the young adult supernatural tale "The Mortal Instruments" the company used the Mipcom TV market in Cannes to announce that "Resident Evil" will also live on as a TV series. 

Specifically the plan is to adapt the property as a TV series to air after the final film has been released. Whether this will continue events or serve as a straight up reboot, It's unclear at this time. 

Via: Variety

John85Date: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014, 09:20 | Message # 1009
Quote robbo ()
ABC Plans An "Uncle Buck" TV Series

ABC and Universal TV are developing a new comedy series based on the 1989 John Candy-led feature comedy "Uncle Buck" Steven Cragg and Brian Bradley are penning the series which Will Packer will produce, 

Candy starred in the original as a childish take bachelor who suddenly has to take of his brother's unruly kids when his brother and sister-in-law have to take an unexpected trip. 

The Announcement follows a rush of old film titles getting dusted off for small screen reboots. Earlier this week came word of an adaptation of Cameron crowe's 1989 romantic tale "Say Anything" a project quickly quashed after Crowe and star John Cusack slammed the idea on social media. 

Such a wonderful movie, back in the eighties not sure whether it would work though. a TV series.

Via: Variety

It might work if they got Jack Black to play Uncle Buck.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 15 Oct 2014, 10:15 | Message # 1010
I would watch Uncle Buck if it came to our screen.

btw, quite surprisingly Bailee Madison is 15 years old today. Amazing how time flies!!

robboDate: Thursday, 16 Oct 2014, 03:37 | Message # 1011
"The Illusionist" Becomes A TV Series

The CW and Yari Film Group are teaming to develop "The Illusionist" a TV series based on the 2006 period drama film of the same name starring Edward Norton, Jessica Biel and Paul Giamatti.

The original starred Norton as a magician in 19th Century Vienna who uses his incredible skills to win the heart of a Duchess and save her from the brutal Crown Prince Leopold (Rufus Sewell) to whom she is betrothed.

The TV series switches around the premise and setting, which will now take place in New York City at the turn of the century. There an illusionist returns home from a decade in prison to find his wife married to the ruthless crime boss who framed him.

The illusionist disguises himself as an underling in the crime lord's organization, using his sleight-of-hand skills to pull off daring heists, rising through the ranks to win back his beloved and bring down the crime boss.

Mark Hudis ("True Blood") is writing the pilot script. The original film nabbed $88 million worldwide from a $17 million budget.

The project marks the latest of several new shows The CW has revealed it has in development. Earlier this week they revealed plans to remake the UK series "The Town" about a young man investigating his parent's suicides. They've also hired Adam Karp to pen a drama set to explore a young Charles Darwin and childhood friend Captain Robert Fitzroy's journey through the Amazon.

I like the idea of this TV show premise. having seen the movie "The Illusionist" absolutely loved the film which was really underappreciated.

Via: Deadline

Jessica Biel and Edward Norton attend Yari Film Group's premiere of 'The Illusionist' at Chelsea West Cinemas August 15, 2006 in New York City.

Jessica Biel and Edward Norton attend Yari Film Group's premiere of 'The Illusionist' at Chelsea West Cinemas August 15, 2006 in New York City.Jessica Biel and Edward Norton attend Yari Film Group's premiere of 'The Illusionist' at Chelsea West Cinemas August 15, 2006 in New York City.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 16 Oct 2014, 09:05 | Message # 1012
Group: Administrators
The Flash is doing very well on The CW. The Arrow spin-off tied Marvel's Agent of SHIELD in final ratings.

The Flash scored a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating (4.27 Million viewers) at 8pm on The CW.

Marvel's Agents of SHIELD scored a 1.7 adults 18-49 rating (4.70 Million viewers) at 9pm on ABC.

The CW execs must be poppin numerous bottles of champagne about The Flash biggrin

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Friday, 17 Oct 2014, 04:07 | Message # 1013
# 1012  Absolutely Chris. the champagne must be flowing in abundance. they should be a few sore heads celebrating those figures. very impressive from The Flash seen the first two episodes. I would have to say Gustin is good and the show seems entertaining. 

As for SHIELD I think the show is cooked. I think the show is hanging on by a thread. I think it's days are numbered after this season I'm afraid to say I might be wrong. but I can't see for the love of god getting a third season. but who knows!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 17 Oct 2014, 09:54 | Message # 1014
Quote robbo ()
As for SHIELD I think the show is cooked. I think the show is hanging on by a thread. I think it's days are numbered after this season I'm afraid to say I might be wrong. but I can't see for the love of god getting a third season. but who knows!

We've said earlier that this show is part of a bigger Disney/Marvel plan that includes the movies and upcoming "Agent Carter" TV show so maybe there's a chance ABC keeps it and moves it on the Friday slot for example.

I would not say the same thing about another ABC show I'm watching, "Forever" (an American drama television series about Dr. Henry Morgan, a seemingly immortal medical examiner in New York City). 13 episodes and then bye, bye.

robboDate: Sunday, 19 Oct 2014, 05:18 | Message # 1015
Sky 1 Sets UK Premiere Date For "Arrow" Season 3  & also Sky 1 Sets UK Premiere For "The Flash"
The third season of The CW's drama series Arrow will receive its UK premiere on Sky 1 on Thursday October 30th at 8pm, it has been announced.

The CW's new drama series The Flash will receive its UK premiere on Sky 1 on Tuesday October 28th at 8pm, it has been announced.

Via: TVWise

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 Oct 2014, 02:39 | Message # 1016
One Life To Live's Roger Howarth Joins The Flash

Former One Life to Live star Roger Howarth is joining the cast of The Flash.

Howarth has been cast in the role of investigative journalist Mason Bridge in a recurring capacity, reports Deadline.

Mason Bridge first appears in episode 11 as he investigates the fall of STAR Labs financier Harrison Wells.

Bridge works closely with Barry Allen's (Grant Gustin) childhood best friend Iris West (Candice Patton) on an investigation into STAR Labs.

Howarth most recently made multiple appearances in daytime soap opera General Hospital and Californication.

It has also been announced that upcoming episodes of The Flash will feature DC Comics villains Captain Cold (Wentworth Miller), Heat Wave (Dominic Purcell) and Pied Piper (Andy Mientus).

The Flash airs on The CW in the US, while Sky 1 will broadcast the show in the UK.

Via: Deadline

ABC's 'General Hospital' stars Roger Howarth as Todd Manning.

ABC's 'General Hospital' stars Roger Howarth as Todd Manning.

robboDate: Thursday, 23 Oct 2014, 01:57 | Message # 1017
Morena Baccarin Joins Gotham

Morena Baccarin (Firefly, Homeland, V) is headed to Fox's Gotham to play a famous character from the Batman-verse. 

TVLine is reporting that Baccarin is set to play the role of Dr. Leslie Thompkins - a "gifted and dedicated physician who was a friend of the late Thomas and Martha Wayne."

Altruistic in nature, Thompkins is determined to help the city's less fortunate, which means a steady gig as a caregiver at the brand new Arkham Asylum. She'll also develop eyes for Jim Gordon (Ben McKenzie) while also getting into her own fair share of hot water.

The Leslie Thompkins DC character dates back to the 70s, where, as a friend of the Wayne's, she served as a surrogate mother to Bruce after the Crime Alley tragedy - and then later as a confident to Batman. Obviously Baccarin is playing the young version of the character who was depicted in the comics, and on Batman: The Animated Series, as a grey hair, But will the show add any more spins to her character?

Baccarin's recurring character will appear on the series in early 2015. 

Great casting, I like Morena such a cool actress and very gorgeous, still sat on the fence with this show. but I like the storyline regarding the Penguin's rise to power it's holding up quite well. 

Via: TVLine

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 23 Oct 2014, 08:32 | Message # 1018
Quote robbo ()
Baccarin's recurring character will appear on the series in early 2015. 

Morena's character is slated to become a regular in Season 2, reports Deadline who broke the news.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 27 Oct 2014, 19:45 | Message # 1019
Episode 6 of ABC's drama "Forever" involves famous murder cases such as Jack the Ripper, the Black Dahlia murder, and the Boston Strangler.
Coincidentally, a French criminologist claims he knows who has killed Elizabeth Short, best known as "The Black Dahlia", and will publish a book this week.

Elizabeth Short, best known as The Black Dahlia

robboDate: Tuesday, 28 Oct 2014, 03:28 | Message # 1020
'Vampire Diaries' Star Malese Jow Joins 'The Flash' As Linda Park

With the obliteration of the Other Side on The Vampire Diaries, It's only fitting that Anna move on, right?

THR has confirmed that TVD alum Malese Jow, otherwise known as the lovable Anna, has joined The Flash as DC Comics' Linda Park, a reporter for the Central City Picture News who will befriend both Iris and Barry.
As fans of the comics know, Park eventually became Wally West's wife.

Jow will first appear in episode 112.

Via: THR

Malese Jow attends the 'BloodyNightCon 4' press conference on May 16, 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.

Malese Jow attends the 'BloodyNightCon 4' press conference on May 16, 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.Malese Jow attends the 'BloodyNightCon 4' press conference on May 16, 2014 in Barcelona, Spain.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: