[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 65 of 119«126364656667118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Friday, 12 Sep 2014, 03:45 | Message # 961
Group: Friends
Mark Wahlberg"s Shooter To Be Adapted As TV Series

Mark Wahlberg"s movie Shooter is to become a TV series.

The actor has teamed up with Paramount TV for the adaptation of the 2007 film, which follows a Marine sniper who becomes a murder suspect.

The Shield"s John Hlavin has been hired to write the action project, Deadline reports.

Hlavin will also serve as an executive producer alongside Wahlberg and his partner Stephen Levinson.

The series is being prepped for the TNT network. A target premiere date has yet to be scheduled.

My memory serves me right Shooter was a good movie. so should be interesting as a TV series.

Via: Deadline

Mark Wahlberg poses during the photo call for 'Shooter' at Hotel Adlon on April 3, 2007 in Berlin, Germany.

Mark Wahlberg poses during the photo call for 'Shooter' at Hotel Adlon on April 3, 2007 in Berlin, GermanyMark Wahlberg poses during the photo call for 'Shooter' at Hotel Adlon on April 3, 2007 in Berlin, Germany

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 13 Sep 2014, 11:34 | Message # 962
#959 On the subject of the 4400, the new series 'Resurrection' bears a resemblance to that series. I'm expecting Summer Glau to turn up in an episode but they might not pick her because it seems that they are using all new/not used before actors.
(Ned Bellamy is in it btw. I'm sure everybody remembers him.)

robboDate: Sunday, 14 Sep 2014, 05:11 | Message # 963
Broadcast TV"s New Shows For 2014-15 Season 

The Flash (The CW) An origin story of the DC Comics character of scientist Barry Allen, who through a freak accident, is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the fastest man alive. 

I Zombie (The CW) The supernatural crime procedural, based on the DC Comics title, centers on a medical student-turned-zombie who takes a job in the coroner"s office in order to gain access to the brains she must reluctantly eat so she can maintain her humanity. However, with every brain she eats, she inherits the corpse"s memories. With the help of her medical examiner boss and a police detective, she solves homicide cases in order to quiet the disturbing voices in her head. 

The Messengers (The CW) When a mysterious object crashes down to earth, a group of seemingly unconnected strangers die from the energy pulse, but then awaken to learn that they have been deemed responsible for preventing the impending apocalypse. 

Stalker (CBS) The psychological thriller centers on a pair of detectives who handle stalking incidents for the Threat Management Unit of the LAPD.

Battle Creek (CBS) Based on a 2002 spec, the drama centers on two detectives with very different world views who are teamed up. Together, they must answer the question: Is cynicism, guile and deception enough to clean up the semi-mean streets of Battle Creek, Mich, in the face of a complete lack of resources, or is the exact opposite true -- it takes naivete, trust and a boatload of resources? starring Dean Winters (TSCC).

Scorpion (CBS) Based on the life of Walter O"Brien, the drama revolves around an eccentric genius and his international network of super-geniuses who form the last line of defence against the complex threats of the modern age. 

Marvel"s Agent Carter (ABC) It"s 1946, and peace has dealt Peggy Carter a serious blow as she finds herself marginalized when the men return home from fighting abroad. Working for the covert SSR (Strategic Scientific Reserve), Peggy must balance doing administrative work and going on secret missions for Howard Stark all while trying to navigate life as a single woman in America, in the wake of losing the love of her life -- Steve Rogers. 

The Whispers (ABC) The drama is a race against the clock to defeat an unseen alien enemy out to destroy the world using the earth"s most precious resource: children. starring Milo Ventimiglia (Heroes).

Constantine (NBC) Based on DC Comics Hellblazer graphic novels, the drama centers on master of the occult John Constantine, based on the "Hellblazer" graphic novels. Constantine is struggling with his faith as he is haunted by the sins of his past but is suddenly thrust into the role of defending humanity from the gathering forces of darkness. 

Gotham (FOX) Based on characters from the DC Comics universe including a young Bruce Wayne, Penguin, Riddler, Joker and Catwoman, the drama explores the origin stories of commissioner James and the villains that made Gotham famous. 

Just a handful of new shows coming to our screens in the months ahead. "enjoy"

Via: THR

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 14 Sep 2014, 13:15 | Message # 964
# 963

Para 1, I'll keep an eye out for it. I assume it'll come to the UK robbo.

para 2. Sounds novel, I'll look out for that too. I don't think my diet will allow me to eat brains, as I'm not allowed to eat kidneys or liver.

para 3. I wonder what that means?

para 4. What will they think of next?

para 5. Battle Creek - Surprisingly, Dean Winters was in TSCC episodes; 1_1, 1_2, 1_9, 2_1, 2_2, 2_3, 2_20. In the latter, Charlie Dixon is shot to death by a Grey; 7 episodes in total.

para 6. I wonder how they manager that? It'd be interesting to find out. Alas, a few of these series don't seem to reach the UK.

para 7. Is this Marvel story a spin-off from another series? It sounds familiar.

para 8. Whispers - I remember Milo Ventimiglia very well from the Heroes series.

para 9. Good for those that like occult-type stories.

para 10. Gotham. Worth checking out - I used to love Batman with Adam West and the other one when I was a kid.

Nice work robbo.

robboDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 01:01 | Message # 965
# 964  Thanks Kevin. I probably should have put a number next to the show. never mind maybe next time. really looking forward to a few on that list. I will keep an eye out for the shows coming to the UK.

robboDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 01:31 | Message # 966
Sky 1 Acquires UK Rights To "The Flash" 

Sky 1 has closed a deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to The CW"s The Flash.

The Flash follows Barry Allen, a scientist who, through a freak accident, is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive. The drama series is being produced by Warner Bros. 
Television & Berlanti Productions and stars Grant Gustin (Arrow), Rick Cosnett (The Vampire Diaries), Danielle Panabaker, (Necessary Roughness), Jesse L. Martin (Law & Order), Candice Patton (The Game), Tom Cavanagh (Royal Pains), and Carlos Valdes. 
The executive producers are Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter (TSCC).

The drama which will launch on Sky 1 later this year, 

Via: TVWise

robboDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 02:04 | Message # 967
SyFy Sets UK Premiere Date For "The Originals" Season 2  Also Universal Channel Sets UK Premiere Date For "Sleepy Hollow" Season 2
The second season of The CW"s drama series The Originals will receive its UK premiere on SyFy UK on Tuesday October 14th at 10pm, it has been announced.

The second season of Fox"s drama series Sleepy Hollow will receive its UK premiere on Universal Channel on Wednesday October 15th at 9pm, it has been announced.

Via: TVWise

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 08:35 | Message # 968
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Scorpion (CBS) Based on the life of Walter O"Brien, the drama revolves around an eccentric genius and his international network of super-geniuses who form the last line of defence against the complex threats of the modern age.

Katharine McPhee, Robert Patrick, Ari Stidham, Elyes Gabel, Jadyn Wong and Eddie Kaye Thomas attend the CBS preview panel at the 2014 PaleyFest Fall TV Preview at The Paley Center for Media on September 7, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Jason LaVeris/FilmMagic)

Katharine McPhee attend the CBS preview panel at the 2014 PaleyFest Fall TV PreviewKatharine McPhee attend the CBS preview panel at the 2014 PaleyFest Fall TV PreviewKatharine McPhee attend the CBS preview panel at the 2014 PaleyFest Fall TV Preview

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 15:25 | Message # 969
# 968 I thought the name Robert Patrick rang a bell. I enlarged the 1st picture and recognised him straight away. (He has changed a bit since 1984, but not a lot. A bit like me - a bit like all of us).

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 15 Sep 2014, 18:39 | Message # 970
Ref Message #969.

Robert Patrick played of course the role of the T-1000 in Terminator 2: Judgment Day.
Summer Glau met Patrick as early as in May 2004 at Starfury Fusion convention in Blackpool, UK and I'm sure they crossed paths at many conventions after that.

Summer also knows Katharine McPhee and the two of them have been photographed together at a 65th Emmy Awards before party on September 22, 2013.

robboDate: Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014, 01:58 | Message # 971
Daredevil: New Netflix Series Casts Scott Glen As Matt Murdock"s Mentor

Scott Glen has joined the cast of Marvel"s Daredevil series on Netflix

The actor is to play Stick, the mentor who helps guide Matt Murdock after he takes on his Daredevil alter ego. 

Boardwalk Empire actor Charlie Cox will play the title character in Daredevil, which will also star Deborah Ann Woll, Elden Henson and Rosario Dawson.

No footage has been released from the show as yet, but the cast are to gather in public for the first time at New York"s Comic Con next month.

Glenn previously starred in HBO"s The Leftovers, as well as the movies The Bourne Ultimatum and Silence of the Lambs.

Marvel"s Daredevil premieres on Netflix in May 2015.

Via: DigitalSpy

robboDate: Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014, 04:51 | Message # 972
Amanda Pays Returns To The Flash As Dr. Tina McGee

It"s learned that a second cast member of the 1990s Flash show will be returning to the new series as Amanda Pays will reprise as Dr. Tina McGee. 

Variety reports that Amanda Pays joins John Wesley Shipp, who played the 90s Barry Allen /Flash and who plays father to Barry Allen in the new CW The Flash series. 

It"s reported that Amanda Pays will play Dr. Tina McGee, however this time around the character is working for a rival tech firm to S.T.A.R. Labs. 

"When we decided to bring Tina onto our version of The Flash, who better to get than the amazing actress who originated the part?" said executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. "Like with John Wesley Shipp, we are so proud and excited to have another actor from the original series join us on our new adventures for Barry Allen."

The Flash premieres Tuesday, October 7th at 8pm ET.

Via: Variety

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014, 08:38 | Message # 973
Quote robbo ()
Amanda Pays Returns To The Flash As Dr. Tina McGee

I'm not following the latest news on Arrow as I used to do when Summer Glau was on it but I must say the casting is inspired. Here's a recap from THR.

Pays is the latest addition to a guest cast that includes Dominic Purcell as Heatwave, Clancy Brown as General Wade Eiling and Tomorrow People's Robbie Amell as one-half of Firestorm. The first episode features a cameo appearance by Arrow star Stephen Amell, while episode four will feature Emily Bett Rickards' Felicity crossing over to Central City. The eighth episodes of Arrow and The Flash will be a two-hour crossover event.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014, 20:33 | Message # 974
'Outlander' has been described as Scotland’s answer to Game of Thrones, the hit HBO series that does a lot of filming in Northern Ireland and has boosted the tourism industry there.

Filming for Outlander began last October in locations all over Scotland. To capitalise on the series’ potential for Scotland’s tourism, VisitScotland launched a marketing campaign entitled Scotland: The Land that Inspired Outlander, which includes a map of locations from the books.

After drawing five million viewers in its premiere week in the states, American network Starz has confirmed a second series will be produced.

The series has yet to find a UK broadcaster.

An exclusive video featuring the inspiring landscapes and landmarks of Scotland accompanied by voiceovers from Outlander’s creators and cast. Hear what they had to say about Scotland at the global premiere interview

robboDate: Tuesday, 16 Sep 2014, 23:53 | Message # 975
# 973  Great casting, I didn"t know Robbie Amell (The Tomorrow People) was given a role in The Flash. good for him. The two-hour crossover will be interesting the writers seem to working together on these two shows.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 65 of 119«126364656667118119»
Search: