menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 11 Jul 2014, 23:51 | Message # 946
Group: Administrators
I have watched the fist 3 episodes of TNT's new show "The Last Ship", starring Eric Dane (Greys Anatomy), Rhonda Mitra and Adam Baldwin.

The crew of a naval destroyer is forced to confront the reality of a new existence when a pandemic kills off most of the earth's population.

The Last Ship promo poster

This is probably the fist non sci-fi show I am watching years. And I kinda like it.
Transformer's's Michael Bay is one of the producers of the show and the series, particularly the pilot of course, delivers lots of action, explosions, both on the ground and in the sky. But it's not the part I liked the most. The story is solid and so are the actors. Even though I think the lead Eric Dane is better when he's not talking, not that he's a bad actor, I simply don't like his phrasing and intonation.
This show is filled with a lot the cliches, or called that TV tropes, and yet it works. I guess I, and the audience in general, must it somewhat reassuring to be surrounded by cliches instead of having to wonder all the time what just happened. They even used the "Black guy dies first" cliche (or maybe it was the "heroic black guy dies first").

From my understanding, the show has had good ratings so far. Hopefully it will continue.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 Jul 2014, 15:01 | Message # 947
Quote chrisdvanne ()
From my understanding, the show has had good ratings so far. Hopefully it will continue.

Well, that was quick. TNT has renewed The Last Ship.

TNT Renews ‘Falling Skies’ For Fifth And Final Season, ‘Last Ship’ & ‘Major Crimes’ Also Picked Up TNT’s summer sci-fi drama Falling Skies has been renewed for a fifth and final season, and the network also gave a second-season order to freshman hit The Last Ship and a fourth-season pickup to Major Crimes. Falling Skies‘ final run will be for 10 episodes.

TNT has ordered 13 episodes of Last Ship, an increase over its first-season order of 10 episodes. The network is also ordering 15 episodes of Major Crimes. Negotiations on a renewal of TNT’s top drama Rizzoli & Isles are underway, with that pickup expected soon. No decision yet on TNT’s other freshman drama, Murder in the First, which has not been as strong as Last Ship

Source: Deadline

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 25 Jul 2014, 21:24 | Message # 948
The 'Castle' and 'Guardian of the Galaxies' star shares his memory of the reaction to the 10 year reunion of Joss Whedon's 'Firefly' at the convention.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 31 Jul 2014, 22:46 | Message # 949
Group: Friends
# 948 - I never knew that. Firefly was not on my horizon in those days (2002).
Yet, I found some of the dialogue quite shockingly amusing.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 12 Aug 2014, 07:50 | Message # 950
I watched the first episode of Starz's fantasy period drana "Outlander" and it was worth it, I liked it!

Starz's fantasy period drana Outlander

Strangely, I didn't mind the female angle of the romance and the voiceover.

Spotted familiar names in the credits:
Music by Bear McCreary (TSCC, The Cape, Knights of Badassdom)
Co executive producer: Toni Graphia (TSCC, The Cape), Ira Steven Beher (The 4400, Alphas)

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 15 Aug 2014, 22:18 | Message # 951
Watch the First Trailer for Yahoo's New Web-Only Community Season at People.com

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 16 Aug 2014, 08:57 | Message # 952
Ryan McPartlin joins NBC’s upcoming comedy ‘Bad Judge' in a recurring role.

Chuck alum Ryan McPartlin has been tapped for an arc opposite Kate Walsh on NBC’s single-camera comedy Bad Judge. It centers on Rebecca (Walsh), a hard-living, sexually unapologetic woman whose life on the edge is constantly in balance because she also happens to be a judge in the criminal court system. McPartlin, repped by Pinnacle PR, will play Billy the Fireman, a love interest for Rebecca. McPartlin also appears on upcoming Crackle series Sequestered.

Source: Deadline

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 25 Aug 2014, 22:52 | Message # 953
"I must escape Castle Leoch and get back to the stones as soon as possible...or die trying."

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 25 Aug 2014, 23:00 | Message # 954
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I watched the first episode of Starz's fantasy period drana "Outlander" and it was worth it, I liked it!

"I must escape Castle Leoch and get back to the stones as soon as possible...or die trying."

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 04 Sep 2014, 18:14 | Message # 955
# 944 that's be hard to create. Quite a difficult CGI image to display on a moving person?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 08 Sep 2014, 23:05 | Message # 956
Minority Report TV Series to Follow Female Detective!

We learned last month that the world of Steven Spielberg's Minority Report (in turn based on Philip K. Dick's short story "The Minority Report") is headed to the small screen. Now, The Hollywood Reporter reveals that the series will follow a female protagonist and will be set ten years after the events of the 2002 film.

The film version stars Tom Cruise as Chief John Anderton, a law enforcement official working for a special police unit in Washington DC that uses a small group of individuals with precognitive abilities to stop crimes before they ever happen. Set in 2064, the television take will follow one of the male Precogs as he attempts to live a normal life. That changes, however, when he teams up with a female detective who has the chance to put the Precogs' abilities to good use.

To be scripted by Max Borenstein (Godzilla), "Minority Report" is in development now through 20th Century Fox.

It was previously suggested that "Minority Report" will go after a "name" star for the lead.

The minute I read they were looking "after a name" for the female lead, I knew it would not be Summer. Maybe someone like Katee Sackhoff but younger and hotter.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Sep 2014, 13:45 | Message # 957
Today I learned Emily Osment is the younger sister of The Sixth Sense star, Haley Joel Osment. Season 2 of Cleaners, starring Emmanuelle Chriqui, Emily Osment and David Arquette. is available in Crackle since August 19th.

Emily Osment attends Crackle Presents: Summer Premieres Event for originals, 'Sequestered' and 'Cleaners' at 1 OAK on August 14, 2014 in West Hollywood, California.

Emily Osment attends Crackle Presents: Summer Premieres Event for originals, 'Sequestered' and 'Cleaners'Emily Osment attends Crackle Presents: Summer Premieres Event for originals, 'Sequestered' and 'Cleaners'Emily Osment attends Crackle Presents: Summer Premieres Event for originals, 'Sequestered' and 'Cleaners'Emily Osment attends Crackle Presents: Summer Premieres Event for originals, 'Sequestered' and 'Cleaners'

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 09 Sep 2014, 23:33 | Message # 958
NBC has found Peter Pan Live's Mrs. Darling.

Kelli O'Hara has been tapped to play the wife to George Darling and the mother to Wendy, John and Michael in Peter Pan

Five-time Tony nominee Kelli O'Hara has been tapped to play the wife to George Darling and the mother to Wendy, John and Michael, the network announced Tuesday.
She joins a cast that includes Christopher Walken as Captain Hook and Girls star Allison Williams as the boy who won't grow up. Smash's Christian Borle will play both Smee and George Darling.
Peter Pan airs live Dec. 4 on NBC.

Source: THR

robboDate: Friday, 12 Sep 2014, 01:22 | Message # 959
Quote chrisdvanne ()

Starz's fantasy period drana Outlander

Strangely, I didn't mind the female angle of the romance and the voiceover.

Spotted familiar names in the credits:
Music by Bear McCreary (TSCC, The Cape, Knights of Badassdom)
Co executive producer: Toni Graphia (TSCC, The Cape), Ira Steven Beher (The 4400, Alphas)

Yes Indeed It"s a canny wee show. quite enjoying "Outlander" at the moment. let"s hope the show show keeps up the momentum.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 12 Sep 2014, 01:26 | Message # 960
Quote robbo ()
Yes Indeed It"s a canny wee show. quite enjoying "Outlander" at the moment. let"s hope the show show keeps up the momentum.

The last episode (1x05 The Rent) was my favorite. I watched it twice smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: