menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 12 May 2014, 14:49 | Message # 931
Group: Administrators
The CW Launches Teaser Posters For The Flash and iZombie.

On the heels of yesterday’s news that both “The Flash” and “iZombie” will be heading to series on the network, The CW has debuted teaser posters for both new shows. Check them out below!

"The Flash" arrives from co-creators Greg Berlanti and Andrew Kreisberg who, along with Geoff Johns, wrote the pilot episode which was helmed by "Arrow" pilot director David Nutter. Grant Gustin will star as the titular hero along with Candice Patton as Iris West, Jesse L. Martin as Iris’s father, Detective West, Michelle Harrison​ as Barry’s mother Nora Allen and many others, including John Wesley Shipp, from the original "The Flash" TV series, in an unspecified role.

Based on the series created by Chris Roberson and Mike Allred, “iZombie” will be executive produced by “Veronica Mars” creator Rob Thomas and Diane Ruggiero and sees “Once Upon a Time” star Rose McIver in the lead role of Liv. In the series, Liv works in a coroner’s office, and in order to maintain her humanity she’ll be forced to dine on the brains of the deceased, but in doing so she will absorb their memories and use it to solve their murders, among other crimes.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 16 May 2014, 00:53 | Message # 932
The Flash - Extended Trailer

Legend travels fast. Don't miss The Flash, coming Tuesdays this fall to The CW!

ABOUT THE FLASH
After a particle accelerator causes a freak storm, CSI Investigator Barry Allen is struck by lightning and falls into a coma. Months later he awakens with the power of super speed, granting him the ability to move through Central City like an unseen guardian angel. Though initially excited by his newfound powers, Barry is shocked to discover he is not the only "meta-human" who was created in the wake of the accelerator explosion -- and not everyone is using their new powers for good. Barry partners with S.T.A.R. Labs and dedicates his life to protect the innocent. For now, only a few close friends and associates know that Barry is literally the fastest man alive, but it won't be long before the world learns what Barry Allen has become...The Flash.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 31 May 2014, 13:14 | Message # 933
Syfy has picked up the 10-episode second season of "Bitten", starring Laura Vandervoort, for 2015!

The NBCUniversal-owned cable network has ordered another 10 episodes of the supernatural thriller that stars Laura Vandervoort (Smallville) as Elena Michaels, the lone female werewolf in existence.
The second season will unspool on Syfy -- and Bell Media's Space network in Canada after its own renewal last week -- in 2015.

Syfy has picked up the 10-episode second season of Bitten, starring Laura Vandervoort

Side note: Canadian cable sci-fi channel Space has already renewed the sci-fi series Bitten for a second season. Syfy’s simply decided to broadcast the 2nd season for the U.S.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Jun 2014, 00:16 | Message # 934
Tricia Helfer to star in new Syfy space drama "Ascension".

Tricia Helfer to star in new Syfy space drama Ascension

Tricia Helfer is returning to Syfy to star in the network’s upcoming six-hour event series Ascension.
Helfer played the seductive cylon Six in Syfy’s acclaimed Battlestar Galactica reboot. Here she’ll play a beautiful, manipulative and dangerous character named “Viondra Denniger,” who regards herself as a not-so-secret power broker aboard a starship with a mysterious mission.

The premise of Ascension: “In 1963, the U.S. government launched a covert space mission sending hundreds of men, women and children on a century-long voyage aboard the starship Ascension to populate a new world. Nearly 50 years into the journey, as they approach the point of no return, the mysterious murder of a young woman causes the ship’s population to question the true nature of their mission.”

The project is from Philip Levens (Smallville), who will serve as executive producer and showrunner. Jason Blum (Paranormal Activity) and Mark Stern are also executive producers on the project, along with Ivan Fecan, Tim Gamble and Brett Burlock. Ascension is slated to launch in November.While she’s still best known for her BSG role, Helfer recently top-lined ABC’s drama Killer Women, starred in Dark Blue for TNT, and had guest star roles on shows such as USA’s Burn Notice, CBS’ Two and a Half Men and NBC’s Chuck.

Tricia's most recent attempts to quit sci-fi have not been successfull ("The Firm" on NBC and "Killer Woman" on ABC) but she's still a big name and it wasn't long until she found another role in a TV show. Yet, I note this new role brings her back in sci-fi, whereas she played in non-genre series recently.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 18 Jun 2014, 21:57 | Message # 935
Jack Coleman, aka the Jack Coleman Returning For NBC’s ‘Heroes’ Reboot man, is returning for NBC’s ‘Heroes’ reboot.

Deadline reports that Jack Coleman will reprise his role as hero-hunting (and, sometimes, hero-helping) spy Noah Bennet for Heroes Reborn, NBC’s planned 2015 miniseries revival of Heroes.

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 22 Jun 2014, 12:53 | Message # 936
Group: Friends
#935 I don't know why they cancelled it.
I preferred it to Alphas. In fact, Alphas did a lot of copying of Heroes and TSCC scenarios and characters.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 22 Jun 2014, 16:43 | Message # 937
Quote KevinInEngland ()
In fact, Alphas did a lot of copying of Heroes and TSCC scenarios and characters.

Not to mention Showcases's Continuum. Such as the season two finale in which a young boy uses a time travel device to save his beloved.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 29 Jun 2014, 01:11 | Message # 938
I have already mentioned it in this forum, I have the feeling the name "Parker" is probably the most used last name in TV and movies.

Laura Mennell, who played the “suggestive” Nina on Syfy’s Alphas, has joined Haven Season 5 in the recurring role of Dr. Erin Reid, where she will meet FBI agent Audrey Parker, played by Emily Rose.

Fun fact: the character Laura played on The 4400 was named...Audrey Parker. biggrin

Laura Mennell in ‘The 4400’ tv series as young Audrey Parker.

Thanks to laura-mennell-fanpage.tumblr.com for the image.

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 29 Jun 2014, 02:01 | Message # 939
lady Penelope; "Would you take my clothes off Parker".
I'm sure we're all familiar with that joke?

John85Date: Sunday, 29 Jun 2014, 06:26 | Message # 940
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I have already mentioned it in this forum, I have the feeling the name "Parker" is probably the most used last name in TV and movies.

Laura Mennell, who played the “suggestive” Nina on Syfy’s Alphas, has joined Haven Season 5 in the recurring role of Dr. Erin Reid, where she will meet FBI agent Audrey Parker, played by Emily Rose.

Fun fact: the character Laura played on The 4400 was named...Audrey Parker. biggrin

Thanks to laura-mennell-fanpage.tumblr.com for the image.

Not just Laura in Haven another Glauverse star, Eric Balfour is the 3rd main star in Haven( from Summers film 'Legend of Hellsgate'.)

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

Message edited by John85 - Sunday, 29 Jun 2014, 06:27

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Jul 2014, 02:04 | Message # 941
"SIN CITY" VET DEVON AOKI JOINS "ARROW" AS KATANA

Devon Aoki joins Arrow as Katana

Devon Aoki has landed a major recurring guest role on the hit CW drama Arrow from Warner Bros TV. Aoki will play Tatsu Yamashiro, a character that first appeared in the Green Arrow origin series graphic novels published by DC Comics. She is a Japanese martial arts expert who wields a deadly sword, a blade from which her codename Katana is derived. In Arrow, Tatsu will be one of Oliver’s mentors in the flashbacks and a critical influence on his journey to eventually become The Arrow of present day.

Source: Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 02 Jul 2014, 10:06 | Message # 942
# 941 Here's her imdb link. Her looks are quite unusual.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1226817/

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 Jul 2014, 10:22 | Message # 943
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Here's her imdb link. Her looks are quite unusual.

Aoki's time on screen has been limited in recent years (though she's a new mom and I guess she wanted to spend time with her child).

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 09 Jul 2014, 19:41 | Message # 944
The Flash Casts Arrow's Cousin Robbie Amell In a Very Hot Role!

The Flash casts Robbie Amell as Firestorm
The Flash casts Robbie Amell as Firestorm.

Onetime Tomorrow person Robbie Amell has quickly teleported himself into a hot new role — on The CW’s freshman superhero series The Flash.
TVLine has learned that the actor (and real-life cousin of Arrow star Stephen Amell) has been cast in the recurring role of Ronnie Raymond, the fiance of S.T.A.R. Labs scientist Caitlin Snow (played by Danielle Panabaker).

Source: tvline

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 10 Jul 2014, 22:16 | Message # 945
Summer TV is heading to space -- creepy, mysterious space -- with the premiere of Halle Berry's new series "Extant."

The show, which premieres Wednesday at 9 p.m. ET on CBS, stars Berry as an astronaut adjusting back to life on Earth with her husband and son after a 13-month solo mission in outer space. But something strange happened while she was up there -- and now, somehow, she's three months pregnant.

Halle Berry's new series Extant

Read more: "Extant": 5 things to know about Halle Berry's sci-fi show

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: