[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 62 of 119«126061626364118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
John85Date: Wednesday, 09 Apr 2014, 18:58 | Message # 916
Group: Friends
It appears SyFyUK has pulled Continuum from its network & will not be airing season3 of Continuum in the UK.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

robboDate: Thursday, 10 Apr 2014, 02:35 | Message # 917
Quote John85 ()
It appears SyFyUK has pulled Continuum from its network & will not be airing season3 of Continuum in the UK.
Strange decision from SyFyUK! well that"s a bit of a bombshell, for all Continuum fans across the UK no season three. unbelievable typical SyFyUK.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 10 Apr 2014, 08:09 | Message # 918
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()

I think Fox012 mentioned SYFY Germany did the same thing, only after the first season of Continuum. I'm sure there are other countries around the world where Continuum does well though.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 10 Apr 2014, 23:32 | Message # 919
Rating news: This weeks episode of "The 100", written by Alphas's showrunner Bruce Miller held up pretty well without a new Arrow as a lead in.

robboDate: Thursday, 17 Apr 2014, 01:33 | Message # 920
Watch Sets UK Premiere Date For "Almost Human" Also Sets UK Premiere Date For "Saving Hope" Season 2 
Fox"s drama series Almost Human will receive its UK premiere on UKTV"s Watch channel on Tuesday May 6th at 9pm, it has been announced. stars Karl Urban, Michael Ealy, Mekia Cox, Minka Kelly, Lili Taylor, Mackenzie Crook and Michael Irby.

The second season of Canadian drama series Saving Hope will receive its UK premiere on UKTV"s Watch channel on Wednesday June 4th at 9pm, it has been announced. The drama series, which was recently renewed for a third season, stars Erica Durance (Smallville), Michael Shanks (Stargate SG-1), Daniel Gillies (The Vampire Diaries), Huse Madhavji (Combat Hospital), Julia Taylor-Ross (Rookie Blue), and Kristopher Turner (The Listener).
 Via: TVWise

John85Date: Thursday, 17 Apr 2014, 02:12 | Message # 921
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Quote robbo ( )

I think Fox012 mentioned SYFY Germany did the same thing, only after the first season of Continuum. I'm sure there are other countries around the world where Continuum does well though.

I heard on twitter it did moderately well in the UK & was expected to be renewed & it came as a shock.
Given how they've gutted other popular shows that do well there it looks more like they are being cheap or something other than the TV ratings.

John85Date: Thursday, 17 Apr 2014, 02:13 | Message # 922
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Rating news: This weeks episode of "The 100", written by Alphas's showrunner Bruce Miller held up pretty well without a new Arrow as a lead in.

I think he also worked with Summer Glau on The 4400.

robboDate: Sunday, 20 Apr 2014, 02:25 | Message # 923
Vertigo Comic Scalped Is Headed To Television

WGN America is hoping to cash in on some success with an adaptation of Vertigo"s acclaimed series, Scalped.

Written by Jason Aaron and R.M. Guerra, Scalped tells the story of a Native American FBI agent named Dashiell "Dash" Bad Horse, who was estranged from his reservation in South Dakota fifteen years ago. 

During an undercover operation, he returns to find evidence linking the Sheriff of the Tribal Police to the deaths of two FBI agents thirty years prior.

Scalped has the potential to be a gripping and riveting drama, and would be a great addition to the DC comics already on the way. Let"s just hope that the series lives up to the precedent set by the sixty-issue comic series. 

Via: WC

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 30 Apr 2014, 08:33 | Message # 924
Fox Cancels 'Almost Human'

Almost Human, which hails from J.J. Abrams and Fringe's J.H. Wyman, took place in 2048, when Los Angeles Police Department officers are partnered with human-like androids. Minka Kelly, Lili Taylor, Makenzie Crook and Michael Irby rounded out the cast

The futuristic Karl Urban-Michael Ealy sci-fi drama, which got off to a promising start with its late November debut, will not be returning for a sophomore season.
Almost Human, which hails from J.J. Abrams and Fringe's J.H. Wyman, took place in 2048, when Los Angeles Police Department officers are partnered with human-like androids. Minka Kelly, Lili Taylor, Makenzie Crook and Michael Irby rounded out the cast

Read full article: THR

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 May 2014, 00:01 | Message # 925
The CW has just revealed that we will get our first look at The Flash trailer during the season finale of Arrow season 2. Not only will we get a fantastic season finale, but we get a peek at the spinoff series set in the same world as Arrow, in The Flash.

The Flash trailer during Arrow season finale

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 May 2014, 12:10 | Message # 926
The CW cancels 'The Carrie Diaries,' 'The Tomorrow People' and 'Star-Crossed'

Also noteworthy is while The CW picked up four pilots to series, it passed on the "Supernatural" spinoff, "Supernatural: Bloodlines."

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 09 May 2014, 12:14 | Message # 927
The CW has renewed three series -- "Beauty and the Beast," "The 100" and "Hart of Dixie", and picked up four new shows "The Flash" (the spinoff of "Arrow"), "iZombie," "Jane the Virgin" and "The Messengers."

CW orders 'The Flash,' 'iZombie,' more and renews 'Beauty and the Beast,' 'The 100' and 'Hart of Dixie'

Here's a rundown of the network's new shows:

"The Flash" :Based on characters already introduced on "Arrow" as well as on the DC Comics stories, "The Flash" is the story of Barry Allen. He was last seen on "Arrow" falling prey to an accident that has left him in a coma and will eventually create a superhero. Grant Gustin, Jesse L. Martin, Rick Cosnett, Danielle Panabaker, Candice Patton, Carlos Valdes, Tom Cavanaugh, John Wesley Shipp, Michelle Harrison and Patrick Sabongui appear in the pilot.

"iZombie": From Rob Thomas ( "Veronica Mars"), a medical student-turned-zombie works in a coroner's office in order to eat brains (needed to maintain her humanity). She also inherits the corpses' memories and works with the medical examiner and a police detective to solve homicides. Rose McIver, Malcolm Goodwin, Alexandra Krosney, David Anders, Robert Buckley, Nora Dunn and Ruhul Kohli star.

"Jane the Virgin": Adapted from a Venezuelan telenovela, a series of surprising events causes a religious young Latina to become artificially inseminated. The cast includes Gina Rodriguez, Jaime Camil, Yael Grobglas, Brett Dier, Andrea Navedo, Justin Baldoni, Ivonne Coll and Ryan Devlin.

"The Messengers": When a mysterious object crashes to Earth, a seemingly unconnected group of strangers dies from the energy pulse. Then they reawaken to learn that they must prevent a coming apocalypse. Shantel VanSanten, Sofia Black-D'Elia, Joel Courtney, Jon Fletcher, Diogo Morgado and Craig Frank have been cast.

For the returning series, these renewals mean a Season 3 for "Beauty and the Beast," and Season 4 for "Hart of Dixie," while "The 100" will return for Season 2.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 10 May 2014, 00:10 | Message # 928
EW published the first official pic of Fox's new Rainn Wilson crime procedural "Backstrom", also starring Thomas Dekker.

Picked up for 13 episodes by Fox back in January, the show — billed as a “subversive and comic crime procedural” — follows the story of Everett Backstrom (Wilson), a brilliant but irascible Portland detective who returns to the job five years after being exiled for his often offensive behavior.

first official pic of Fox's new Rainn Wilson crime procedural 'Backstrom', also starring Thomas Dekker.

It turns out that I had for quite some time the first (to my knowledge) official pic of Thomas as the gay former prostitute turned drug dealer, Gregory Valentine, in Backstrom but forgot to publish it (got it from Thomas's management). Enjoy a promotional photo for Backstrom featuring Thomas Dekker:

Backstrom promotional photo with Thomas Dekker

John85Date: Saturday, 10 May 2014, 15:44 | Message # 929
Quote chrisdvanne ()

I think viewers have gotten tired of seeing networks cancel shows like 4400/Alphas so they werent gonna give Tomorrow People a chance cause its gonna be cancelled anyways.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 10 May 2014, 17:31 | Message # 930
Ref #929

Absolutely! I read of lot of similar comments online. Some people prefer to wait and watch an entire season later on Hulu or various streaming platforms (or on DVD).

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 62 of 119«126061626364118119»
Search: