menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 17 Jan 2014, 15:18 | Message # 796
Group: Friends
# 795 I think it is important that the American film makers try to be unique.
Who here can't say they're fed up with the same old thing all the time?

Decent sci-fi, (not rubbish sci-fi), can fit that spot because it is an escape from real life but it needs more believable romance. imo

robboDate: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 01:19 | Message # 797
ABC Orders Supernatural Drama " Clementine "
ABC is getting supernatural. The network has ordered the new drama pilot Clementine, from writer Dean Georgaris (Paycheck, Tristan + Isolde). The official synopsis for the series: "A habitual criminal digs into the mystery of her origins after she becomes the target of a group of zealots who fear she possesses latent supernatural abilities that she will one day harness for either profound good or monstrous evil." Mark Gordon (Criminal Minds, Grey"s Anatomy) executive produces alongside Nicholas Pepper and Ilene Staple. Sounds like a potentially fun series, despite all the inherent darkness of its premise. Of course, a genre series like this doesn"t really have a middle ground. It"ll likely either be a genuinely engrossing drama, or a complete mess. It should be interesting to see which.
Via: TVLine

robboDate: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 01:59 | Message # 798
Sky Atlantic Sets UK Premiere Date For "True Detective" 
The 8 episode first season of HBO"s anthology series True Detective will receive its UK premiere on Sky Atlantic on Saturday February 22nd at 9pm, it has been announced. Created by Nic Pizzolatto, True Detective follows two detectives, Rust Cohle (Matthew McConaughey) and Martin Hart (Woody Harrelson), whose lives collide and entwine during a seventeen-year hunt for a serial killer in Louisiana. The investigation of a bizarre murder in 1995 is framed and interlaced with testimony from the detectives in 2012, when the case has been reopened. Michelle Monaghan also stars as Hart"s wife, Maggie, who struggles to keep her family together as the men in her life become locked in a cycle of violence and obsession. Other cast members include Kevin Dunn (Luck), Tory Kittles (Sons of Anarchy), Michael Potts (The Wire), Elizabeth Reaser (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn), Shea Whigham (Boardwalk Empire), Clarke Peters (Treme), Jay O. Sanders (Person of Interest) and Lili Simmons (Banshee).
Via TVWise

robboDate: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 02:28 | Message # 799
ABC Replaces "Killer Women" With "Mind Games"

ABC Replaces Killer Women With Mind Games

Following two weeks of dismal ratings for freshman drama Killer Woman, ABC has shortened the run of the Sofia Vergara-produced drama and moved up the premiere for rookie Mind Games as part of its midseason schedule. Mind Games, from EP Kyle Killen, originally was scheduled to bow March 11 at 10 p.m. and will now launch Feb.25 at 10 p.m. The move comes after the critically panned Killer Woman, starring Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica) opened to a dismal 0.9 among adults 18-49, slipping to a 0.7 in its second airing.
Via THR

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 02:50 | Message # 800
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
ABC Replaces "Killer Women" With "Mind Games"

As we said 2 days ago, the question was not if the serie will be cancelled but if ABC will air all the 8 episodes. Of course this is sad for the show but may I add that the time when broadcast networks had killer ratings is long gone. Maybe the networks should adjust their threshold accordingly.

Regardless of the intrinsic quality of the show, the cast and crew did the best they could to create 8 episodes of entertainment and Tricia Helfer herself appeared in countless shows and gave a lots of interviews to support "Killer Women". The show simply didn't found an audience.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 03:02 | Message # 801
# 800  Yes It"s very sad I don"t like to see a show go as quick as this one has gone, The networks are very ruthless at the moment with these freshman shows, I think they should have had at least shown the 8 episodes, I think they do need adjusting accordingly, such a shame for everybody involved with the show its a dog-eat-dog industry, Unfortunately.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 18 Jan 2014, 13:27 | Message # 802
Quote robbo ()
I think they should have had at least shown the 8 episodes

Just to clear things up for the fans, ABC has cut the show’s episode order by two episodes bringing the order from eight to six episodes, said a network representative to TheWrap. Strangely enough, Tricia Helfer says on Twitter that the episodes are going to air but I guess she didn't know of the latest news when she tweeted about it or simply that the 2 remaining episodes will be broadcast later in the year at a date to be determined.

If Killer Women was actually an 8 episodes limited series, that doesn't they didn't have plans for more episodes. It simply means the network ordered 8 episodes to begin with, and would have ordered more episodes if the ratings were good enough for them. Since it wasn't the case, ABC decided to not order new episodes and even to cut the original 8 episodes order.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 20 Jan 2014, 00:16 | Message # 803
Have a look at this photo! I'm sure you know the second person from the left.

Outlaw - Jimmy Smits as Cyrus Garza, David Ramsey as Al Druzinsky

Outlaw is an American television series that was aired on the NBC network. The one-hour courtroom drama stars Jimmy Smits as a Supreme Court Justice who resigns from the bench and returns to private practice in an elite law firm where Claire Sax, love interest to Garza, is a powerful senior partner. As part of the deal the firm has an Ex-Supreme Court Justice on their staff of lawyers and Garza is allowed to pick his team and the cases he works. The series premiered on Wednesday, September 15, 2010 (a day earlier in Canada), and began airing on Fridays beginning September 24.[1] On October 11 Outlaw was announced as canceled by NBC and the remaining four episodes were moved to a Saturday time slot.[2] The series finale aired on November 13, 2010.

Yes, it's David Ramsey before he partnered with Stephen Amell and Emily Bett Rickards in Arrow.

robboDate: Monday, 20 Jan 2014, 01:49 | Message # 804
NBC Predicts "Parks and Recreation" Renewal (but these other shows are in trouble)
NBC"s entertainment chairman Robert Greenblatt was grilled on renewal odds for several prime-time shows on Sunday at the TCA press tour. Here"s what he said about each: - Parks and Recreation. I"m going out on a limb: Parks and Recreation is going to have a 7th season." - Parenthood "It"s a great show and doing well creatively,"the executive is "hopeful" the drama can get to another season. - Community. "A strong possibility." - Dracula: Greenblatt wishes its ratings were better, sounds like no verdict yet but it doesn"t look great. - Grimm: Chances of another season are "not grim" executives joked. - Sean Saves the World and The Michael J. Fox Show: Both were notably absent fro the network"s prime-time lineup hype reel - not a good sign. Greenblatt also said he"s not happy with the recent 0.6 adult demo rating for MJFS and noted the show faces an "uphill battle." - Celebrity Apprentice: It"s still casting. That"s been going on for months now and normally the reality series is on the network"s schedule at this point. - Law & Order: SVU: No word yet, but NBC is going to crossover its new drama Chicago P.D. with SVU after the Olympics, and Chicago Fire and P.D. will also crossover more.
Via EW

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 20 Jan 2014, 20:42 | Message # 805
I find it both funny and sad when I read in my tv magazine that French channels have bought the latest US TV series, whereas I know very well that the series have been cancelled after one or two seasons. Of course, the journalist from the tv magazine and the channel who bought them knows that, but they prefer to write on the record number of people who saw the first episode in the US.

The US networks continue to produce and sell tv series that will be cancelled after one or two seasons, without giving the audience a proper closure in most cases, and the rest of the world continue to buy them, knowing perfectly that they're cancelled, sometimes even before they air in their own country. And keep in mind that 90% of the tv watchers, unlike you, don't visit online sites and don't know if a serie has been cancelled or not.

It may be good for the TV business but definitively not for the audience. No wonder more and more people prefer to wait one or two seasons before watching a show (via streaming platforms, DVD,...) that they would normally have watched live on TV. Which contributes to the decline of the ratings measured by Nielsen.

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014, 01:49 | Message # 806
# 805  Absolutely,  totally agree the audience get such a raw deal with these new shows, not certain whether they will see a show that they have fell in love with week in and week out, only to be cancelled after just one season or like you say two seasons, with the amount of shows flooding the market at the moment over in the USA it"s probably worth waiting to see what the outcome of a show that people are keen on watching, but also their is the other side of the coin I couldn"t have waited for season one of Arrow to finish before I started watching the show, It"s a bit of a gamble not knowing whether a favorite show is gonna get another season after the final episode, the US networks are forever complaining regarding their ratings but we have so much choice these days in the UK it"s just constant reality shows dominating our screens as well as soaps so I can"t imagine that many viewers watch US network tv shows, the ratings are very poor in the UK for the US tv shows. yeah right Chris it is funny and sad.

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014, 02:43 | Message # 807
Patrick J. Adams and Jason Isaacs Join NBC"s "Rosemary"s Baby"
"Rosemary"s Baby centers on a young married couple who move into a Paris apartment that as a haunted past. After getting pregnant, Rosemary Woodhouse (Saldana) becomes increasingly suspicious that both her husband Guy (Adams) and their neighbors will have ulterior motives when her child is born. The book was later adapted into the Roman Polanski-directed 1968 feature film. The movie earned supporting actress Ruth Gordon an Oscar and Polanski a writing nom. Isaacs will play warlock/coven leader Roman Castevet, the role portrayed by Sidney Blackmer in Polanski"s feature in which John Cassavetes played Adam"s role, Guy.
The cast of NBC"s Rosemary"s Baby reboot just got bigger. THR has confirmed that Jason Isaaacs and Patrick J. Adams are officially on board for the miniseries. The duo will be starring alongside Zoe Saldana. The four hour miniseries will begin production this month in Paris and is based on the 1967 horror novel by Ira Levin. 

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014, 10:38 | Message # 808
I watched the pilot of CBS's Intelligence, starring Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger. There were more serialized elements than I thought there would be (his missing wife, the second chip). I thought it was good and I liked the fact that the writers gave the audience some elements of answers right from the start instead of keeping you in the dark for ages (Alcatraz, The Event,...TSCC).

But given the huge ratings drop when the 2nd episose aired in its regular timeslot, the days of Intelligence are numbered. What chances did the show have when pitted on Monday night against two established shows like Castle and The Blacklist? All the more that these 3 shows appeal to the same audience.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 21 Jan 2014, 17:10 | Message # 809
# 808. Although I haven't seen Intelligence, i do know Marg Helgenberger is a very good hard-working actress.

If as you say Chris, it gave some answers, then the population who have working employment, should not be too troubled by having to think too hard or lose interest. Supposedly.

I have to admit robbo in particular, I did not like the Blacklist when it first aired but I go to like it more and more and was extremely impressed by the action and plotting in the final episodes. So, as you say Chris, what chance did Intelligence have?

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 Jan 2014, 01:44 | Message # 810
# 808  Yes me too Chris, I really enjoyed CBS"s Intelligence pilot episode It was a great start for the show massive ratings 16.49 million viewers, unfortunately episode two took a huge drop to 6.20 million viewers, and the recently aired episode three got 5.59 million viewers, so the million dollar question now is do we carry on watching the show until the end of season 1, and then hold be hold they go and cancel the show back to square one again, I have episode two and three to watch so i will carry on watching the show, It was interesting to see Meghan Ory I use to like her in (Once Upon a Time) as Ruby/Red Riding Hood, also I noticed Peter Coyote from the 4400 was in Intelligence. They could be numbered time will tell.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: