menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014, 15:44 | Message # 781
Group: Friends
# 778 When I was a boy. I mean a real small boy, I was excited to see the KERPOW, BLAM, BASH of Batman in his mauve and green and yellow Robin.
But now, I have to say it does not appeal to me at all.
TSCC is much more quality. Give me TSCC any day.
Put Summer Glau in the Batman series, as 'Little Wren' or something & I might watch it, who knows.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014, 15:52 | Message # 782
# 779 I can not understand why Orphan Black should be showing on BBC America, when many of the scenes appear to be shot in the UK and appear to be English/Scottish people.
Furthermore, when Orphan Black, which I thought was a very good series, came to the UK some-time later, it was relegated to BBC3, where not so many people watch it.
It has an incredible piece of acting from Tatiana Maslany, who often had to talk in to 'thin air' because of the multi-roles she was playing.
This is a TV series that would appeal to all you Lesbians out there - I know of a few on twitter.
Lena Headey, is also 'liked' very much in that respect too.

Anyway, anyone who has not seen it, I suggest you do.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014, 15:55 | Message # 783
# 780 When it comes to the UK I will watch it. Dichen Lachman was pretty good in Australian soap, Neighbours.

robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014, 01:31 | Message # 784
# 782  Apparently it was first broadcast in Canada the series originally airs on Space, and it made its broadcast network television debut on CTV on August 16, 2013. In the U.S. it airs on BBC America. It began airing in the UK on September 20, 2013, on BBC 3, absolutely crap BBC 3 It"a a dead channel it"s a no go area for putting brilliant shows like Orphan Black to be screened, I use to watch The Fades on BBC 3, they just don"t get any viewers tuning in to that channel, in an Ideal world if they want to make money Orphan Black should be on BBC 1, it"s the most popular BBC channel and maybe show Orphan Black after viewers have watched Eastenders, surely that"s best for business. and yes it"s a brilliant TV series mate.

robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014, 02:40 | Message # 785
NBC Gives Constantine TV Show A Pilot Order 
Coming hot on the heels of the big news that Fox"s Gotham TV will revolve around a young Bruce Wayne comes word that NBC has officially granted the green light to another DC series, placing a pilot order for Constantine after giving the go ahead to a script. The pilot has been developed by The Mentalist executive producer Daniel Cerone and DC regular David S. Goyer, whose credits include Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises, Man Of Steel, and Batman Vs Superman. John Constantine was first seen on the big screen back in 2005, with Keanu Reeves taking on the role of the supernatural detective in Francis Lawrence"s movie adaptation. actually it wasn"t a bad film Constantine when it came out.
Via FM

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014, 15:09 | Message # 786
#784 yes robbo but unfortunately Orphan Black could not be shown after Eastenders (7:30pm) because she gets her entire kit off in one episode.... and what's more, she.......... We all know that is rude, Queen Victoria says so. It would have to be shown after 9 or 10 in the UK.
That would be a good role for Summer, it's a great idea for a show.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 15 Jan 2014, 21:24 | Message # 787
Group: Administrators
Former TSCC star Thomas Dekker is returning to Fox as a regular on the network’s new drama series, Backstrom.

Dekker will reprise his guest starring/recurring role from the pilot as Gregory Valentine, a whip-smart young gay man — an ex-hustler turned fence/entrepreneurial crook who is Backstrom’s (Rainn Wilson) tenant, decorator and underworld connection. Created by Bones creator/executive producer Hart Hanson based on the Swedish book series by Leif G. W. Persson, Backstrom centers on Everett Backstrom (Wilson), an overweight, offensive, irascible detective who’s engaged in a constant struggle with his self-destructive tendencies.

Source: Deadline

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 00:02 | Message # 788
Group: Administrators
Interesting and sometimes surprising news on the ratings front, after the holiday hiatus.

Monday: On FOX, Almost Human garnered a 2.0, up two tenths from last week's 1.8 adults 18-49 rating. Will it pull it off again next week and will it be renewed after all? The odds are against it considering it has another 3 week break.

On CBS, Josh Holloway's Intelligence, for the first time in its regular time period, earned a 1.2, down massively from last week's 2.4 adults 18-49 premiere rating, and the largest episode 2 drop of any new program this season. It went from "decent start" to "dead" in only one episode!

Tuesday: On ABC, Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. matched last week's 2.2 adults 18-49 rating, while Tricia Helfer's Killer Women notched a 0.7, down two tenths from last week's 0.9 adults 18-49 premiere rating and tying the lowest rating for any Tuesday broadcast original this season.

Killer Woman had only a 8 episode order by ABC but at this (low) level of ratings, the question is not if the serie will be cancelled but if ABC will air all the 8 episodes.

Here's an overview of what you missed in last night episode of Killer Women (You'll thank me after watching the video)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 01:47 | Message # 789
# 788  I can"t see for the love of god, Almost Human getting renewed for a second season I could be wrong but It"s absolutely dismal, poor acting, boring story-lines, just can"t get into the show what so ever.  Killer Woman was very poor without the likes of Tricia Helfer the show would have been even worse, I think we can kiss goodbye to Killer Woman I"m sorry to say.  as for Intelligence I might just stick with this show for the time being I thought the pilot episode wasn"t too bad at all, shame about the ratings having a massive decline that doesn"t sound to promising at all. I thought True Detective and Bitten were surprisingly not too bad, I thought Bitten had a similar mode to Dracula, as for Helix I think i"m gonna sit on the fence with this show watch, look, and learn not to sure It might take a few episodes to get into a rhythm, everybody is different just my thoughts sorry guys.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 12:08 | Message # 790
# 789 The stupid words; 'the curse of' going round the internet for years could quite easily apply to Tricia Helfer in this case. It is probably not her fault. I haven't seen Killer Woman but the writing/directing could be at fault. Oh and of course the stunt guys - Arrow excelled in that regard.

robboDate: Thursday, 16 Jan 2014, 21:55 | Message # 791
"True Detective" Ratings: HBO"s Biggest Series Premiere In Years
HBO"s hot new anthology drama True Detective opened solid in the ratings Sunday night, Despite facing the Golden Globe Awards, HBO"s freshman drama debut had 2.3 million viewers -- the biggest HBO series opening since Boardwalk Empire in 2010, and just barely edging out the series premiere of Game of Thrones from 2011. True Detective"s first replay added another million viewers to the tally. True Detective stars Woody Harrelson and Matthew McConaughey as Louisiana detectives hunting a serial killer. Though it might seem odd to launch a sophisticated premium drama like True Detective against an event like the Globes, the awards show draws fewer viewers than a major prime-time football game -- which is what HBO faces most weeks this time of year. Also, True Detective feels like a show that"s likely to grow even more in the coming weeks.  I must admit I re-watched the pilot episode and yes it was pretty good.
Via EW

robboDate: Friday, 17 Jan 2014, 00:33 | Message # 792
"American Horror Story" Season 4 Year Details Revealed
Ryan Murphy has revealed the year of when the next American Horror Story will be set: 1950!  What does that mean? What horrific thing happened in 1950???  Murphy also goes on to say that Jessica Lange is "already working on her German accent." Omigosh. So Season 4 will be a "period piece" just like Season 2"s American Horror Story: Asylum. I cannot wait.

From EW: " It"s set in 1950, " Murphy reveals exclusively to EW. " If you look historically what happened in the year 1950, there"s some more clues in that year. It"s a period piece. We try and do the opposite of what we"ve done before. Jessica Lange has already started practicing her German accent so I"m very excited!"
Via EW

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 17 Jan 2014, 00:49 | Message # 793
#788 Still no sign of Scent Of The Missing.

robboDate: Friday, 17 Jan 2014, 02:21 | Message # 794
Watch Sets UK Premiere Date For "Grimm" Season 3 
The third season of NBC"s drama series Grimm will receive its UK premiere on UKTV"s Watch channel on Wednesday February 5th at 9pm, it has been announced. The drama series is produced by Universal Television and stars David Giuntoli, Russell Hornsby, Bitsie Tulloch, Silas Weir Mitchell, Reggie Lee, Sasha Roiz, and Bree Turner.
Via TVWise

robboDate: Friday, 17 Jan 2014, 02:40 | Message # 795
Channel 5 Drops FX"s " Justified " Will Not Air Seasons 5 & 6
So long Raylan Givens. Justified"s UK broadcaster Channel 5 has dropped the FX drama after airing four seasons of the series on digi-channel 5USA, A C5 representative confirmed to TVWise that they had decided not to acquire any future seasons of Justified from international distribution Sony Pictures Television. The news, which was first reported by The Guardian, comes shortly after the fifth season began airing state-side on FX and after the network confirmed that the series would wrap its run with its six season in 2015. Justified also has the distinction of becoming the latest US import to be dropped by Channel 5. another one bites the dust for Channel 5, they are having a right old clear out.
Via TVWise

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: