menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Friday, 10 Jan 2014, 02:44 | Message # 766
Group: Friends
"Boardwalk Empire" Season 5: HBO Confirms Final Year 
We"d heard the rumor earlier, but didn"t want to believe it for ourselves. HBO period drama "Boardwalk Empire" will make the upcoming fifth season its final year, putting the last touches on the story of Steve Buscemi"s Nucky Thompson, his associates, and organized crime from Atlantic City to Chicago. Details are scarce right now, though HBO confirmed the news minutes ago at the ongoing Television Critics Association press tour. Previously we"d heard that showrunner Terence Winter"s interest in moving on to his Mick Jagger-produced, Bobby Cannavale-starring record executive drama could take Winter off "Boardwalk Empire" after the fifth season, which may end up with a reduced number of episodes as well. "Winter added: "We"re thrilled to get the go-ahead for a fifth season of Boardwalk Empire. After much discussion with my creative team and HBO, we"ve decided to wrap up the series after such a great run and look forward to bringing it to a powerful and exciting conclusion." Boardwalk Empire" isn"t the only marquee HBO series to call it quits this year either, as "True Blood" will say goodbye in the summer with another run of 10 episodes. We expect further details on "Boardwalk Empire"s" end in the days to come,
Via ScreenCrush

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 10 Jan 2014, 14:42 | Message # 767
# 764 I'll look out for it, if it ever comes to the UK, but it might appeal to women more than men.

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Jan 2014, 02:55 | Message # 768
# 767  Possibly Kevin, It could make more of an appeal to woman than men, but who knows with a bit fantasy mixed in with a bit of time travel, might just be worth a sneaky look at the pilot episode, if and when they decide to show Outlander in the UK that Is.

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Jan 2014, 03:06 | Message # 769
Sky Atlantic Sets UK Premiere Date For " Game of Thrones " Season 4
The fourth season of HBO"s hit drama series Game of Thrones will receive its UK premiere on Sky Atlantic on Monday April 7th at 9pm, less than 24 hours behind the US premiere.  Amongst the cast additions for season 4 are Mark Gatiss (Sherlock), Joel Fry (Trollied), Roger Ashton-Griffiths (Gangs of New York), Indira Varma (What Remains), and Pedro Pascal (Homeland).
Via TVWise

robboDate: Saturday, 11 Jan 2014, 03:21 | Message # 770
Universal Channel Sets UK Return Date For " Sleepy Hollow " 
Fox"s drama series Sleepy Hollow will return to Universal Channel to finish airing its first season on Wednesday February 5th at 9pm, it has been announced. Written by Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci, Sleepy Hollow is based on The Legend of the Sleepy Hollow and follows Ichabod Crane as he partners with Sleepy Hollow"s local female sheriff to solve the mysteries of a town ravaged by the battle between good and evil.
Via TVWise

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 11 Jan 2014, 14:31 | Message # 771
#769 Oh wow, I've got to wait that long.
# 770 I think the female sheriff/Ichabod Crane is a good combination. It seems that most TV shows have it (by law it would seem), a white blond hair hottie hitching up with an AfricanAmerican guy. You would think it was compulsory. Even Arrow was no exception, in the past, Diggle has his own whore.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 11 Jan 2014, 14:32 | Message # 772
# 771. Oh I should have added, Oliver's mother also pairs up with a black man, Colin Salmon.

robboDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 2014, 04:55 | Message # 773
# 772  Speaking of Colin Salmon, do you remember him in Bad Girls which ran for eight season"s, ITV axed the show after series 8 in fact he was in series 8, played the role of Dr. Rowan Dunlop he was seeing Lou Stoke (Amanda Donohoe), behind his wife"s back, He was a prison Doctor and she was a Wing Governor, He was very cunning and a right slime-ball.

robboDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 2014, 05:16 | Message # 774
ABC Pulls Cold War Drama " The Assets " From Schedule
Sat goodbye to The Assets, ABC has pulled the plug on the Cold War mini-series, effective immediately. Repeat episodes of Shark Tank will fill The Assets vacant slot on Thursday nights for the next three weeks. There is no word yet of or when the six unaired episodes of The Assets will air. The move to pull The Assets comes after the series" disastrous showing in the ratings. The series premiered on January 2nd to 3.8 million viewers and a 0.7 A18-49 rating, before slipping to 2.9 million viewers and a 0.6 A18-49 rating this week, ranking as this season"s lowest rated original drama (a title claimed by Do No Harm last season). The dismal ratings for the series were not helped by ABC"s lack of promotion for the series. By heck that was short and sweet for the followers of the series.
Via TVWise

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 2014, 05:26 | Message # 775
# 773 Nope robbo. First I saw him was Strictly Come Dancing & they showed us that he was in Casualty.

I wonder what has happened to the editing facilities on these wikis? I can't do fancy colours and bold anymore. Oh well. Sigh!!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 12 Jan 2014, 23:59 | Message # 776
Group: Administrators
Opening credits for Cleopatra 2525, a scifi TV series that aired 2000-2001.

Theme song sung by Gina Torres.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 13 Jan 2014, 20:13 | Message # 777
# 776 How strange is that? She looks stunning, just as do the others from that era.
Funnily enough, I downloaded the entire series on torrent a few months back.
I was getting exceedingly fed up with Windows 8 after purchasing it for an exorbitant price from Microsoft.
I had to send off for the Windows 7 Lenovo discs, which meant copying all my files on to recordable media.
It took me 2 days and nights to download Cleopatra 2525, and I wasn't able to copy it due to the file size.
How peeved was I?

I want to see Cleopatra 2525 even more now.

btw what happened to the colouring html editor function?

Mod edit: color works fine for me but I forwarded your remark anyway.

robboDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014, 01:30 | Message # 778
Fox"s "Gotham" Brings New Bat-Details: Bruce Wayne Confirmed, Plus Villain Origins!
The announcement of Fox"s Batman-adjacent "Gotham" TV series proved a mostly-welcome surprise, though few details beyond commissioner Gordon"s central role emerged at the time. That all changes today, as we know how and when Bruce Wayne will finally don his cape, and which major Batman villains will suit up over the course of the series!  While new details are emerging fast and furious from Fox entertainment Kevin Reilly"s (Cough Clown) ongoing panel at the Television Critics Association press tour, potentially most pressing is the revelation that the network will largely bypass the traditional pilot season by ordering dramas straight to series. That doesn"t yet mean that Fox"s "Gotham" has a full series order, as was initially reported, but the network has begun prepping for the series beyond the pilot all the same. Elsewhere, Reilly revealed that the "Nolan-esque" Gotham" would take something of a "Smallville" approach to its DC superhero origins, beginning its story with a 12-year-old Bruce Wayne, and ending the final episode of the series with Bruce finally donning his Batman cape. That said, "Gotham" will also supplement its Jim Gordon focus with origin stories for famed Batman villains like the Riddler, the Penguin, the Joker and Catwoman, and potentially others. "We see Detective Gordon, before he"s a commissioner, all the characters you know, Bruce Wayne, the Penguin, all of them. Its Gotham teetering on the edge, and we see what makes these characters become who they are, [like]Catwoman. It"s an operatic soap that has a slightly larger-than-life quality to it. It has also been confirmed that "Gotham" shooting in March 2014,
Via ScreenCrush

robboDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014, 02:12 | Message # 779
Michelle Forbes Joins "Orphan Black"
One of the stars of AMC"s The Killing and NBC"s Chicago Fire is headed to BBC America. Michelle Forbes is joining Orphan Black for a multi-episode arc in Season 2. She will play Marian Bowles, "a powerful new player at the Dyad Institute with a birds-eye view on the war between Sarah and Rachel." Forbes, who earned an Emmy nomination for Supporting Actress in a drama series in 2011 for her work on The Killing, joins other Season 2 cast members, including Michiel Huisman (Nashville), Peter Outerbridge (Nikita), Ari Millen (Rookie Blue) and Patrick J. Adams (Suits). All in all, this is pretty great news. Forbes is a positively marvelous actress. Orphan Black returns April 19 on BBC America.
Via TVLine

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014, 11:27 | Message # 780
Group: Administrators
Dichen Lachman has been cast for "The 100"

Dichen Lachman, who is best known for her time on Joss Whedon's sci-fi drama Dollhouse, is set to appear on the the CW's new post-apocalyptic drama The 100, E! News has exclusively learned.
Lachman, who also appeared on Syfy's Being Human, will take on the role of Anya, a mysterious survivor that "the 100," the group of troubled teens are sent to in order to see if Earth is inhabitable again, encounters when they are on the ground.

source: E!

The 100 will premiere on Wednesday, March 19, following Arrow.

Charisma Carpenter, Summer Glau, Eliza Dushku, Dichen Lachman and fans at Supanova Perth 2010.

Charisma Carpenter, Summer Glau, Eliza Dushku, Dichen Lachman and fans at Supanova Perth 2010.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: