menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 17:04 | Message # 751
Group: Friends
# 750 Classy ladies.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 19:19 | Message # 752
Group: Administrators
Not 100% sure if we mentioned it before.

LOST alumn Josh Holloway returns to television with CBS' tech-heavy drama "Intelligence".

Josh Holloway explains why CBS' Intelligence isn't a ripoff of Chuck at TV Guide

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Wednesday, 08 Jan 2014, 03:34 | Message # 753
Potentially Awesome New TV Shows Of 2014 / Penny Dreadful 
Have you been asking yourself just what Josh Hartnett has been up to lately? Well, he"s been keeping himself in good company, preparing to star in this exciting new Showtime series, Penny Dreadful. It"s a drama set in Victorian London, where the showrunners are going to attempt to bring together the origin stories of several iconic horror characters. Despite the fantasy elements of the show, they"ve made efforts to keep Penny Dreadful as realistic and grounded as possible. Don"t expect this to be for horror what Once Upon A Time was for fairy tales. Still not convinced? Take a look at the tremendous talent set to star alongside Hartnett. This show will feature performances from Eva Green, Rory Kinnear, Billie Piper, Timothy Dalton, and Helen McCrory. If that Isn"t a tantalizing all-star cast, I really don"t know what is. In addition, it is being produced by the fantastic Sam Mendes, celebrated director of Skyfall and American Beauty.
Source // Showtime

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 08 Jan 2014, 07:57 | Message # 754
Thomas Dekker will be back on TV thanks to Fox prez Kevin Reilly!!

A high profile casualty of the 2013 pilot season is getting a new lease on life.

Fox has given a 13-episode series order to Backstrom, the hour-long procedural starring Rainn Wilson that CBS passed on last May.

Based on a Swedish book series by Leif G.W. Persson and adapted for TV by Bones boss Hart Hanson, the drama (which, coincidentally, is produced by Fox’s corporate sibling Twentieth Century Fox Television) centers on Wilson’s Det. Everett Backstrom, an offensive, irascible detective, as he tries, and fails, to change his self-destructive behavior. Throughout the series, Backstrom leads his team, the Serious Crimes Unit, as they navigate Portland’s most sensitive cases.

The cast also includes Ringer‘s Kristoffer Polaha, 24‘s Dennis Haysbert, Weeds‘ Page Kennedy and Beatrice Rosen (Cuts). Mamie Gummer is the only member of the original ensemble not continuing with the show.

“Hart Hanson and Rainn Wilson are the perfect combination of creative vision and on-screen talent to bring this one-of-a-kind character and story like Backstrom to Fox,” said Fox prez Kevin Reilly in a statement. “I’ve been in business with Hart for a long time, and not only does he have a rare gift for infusing darker themes with relatable humor, he’s one of the best showrunners out there today. Together with Rainn – who absolutely nails this role and makes it a classic Fox character – I think we’ve got something really special here.”

Source: TV Line

While Thomas Dekker is not mentioned in the article, last year articles mentioned his presence in the cast. Here's a description of his role in the original CBS pilot.

Dekker is set to guest star as Valentine, an entrepreneurial crook who uses Backstrom's apartment to store his high-end ill-gotten goods. He also serves as Backstrom's decorator... and connection to the criminal underbelly.

Wilson tweeted a (made for CBS) sizzle reel/trailer for the series back in September 2012. As mentioned in the article, Mamie Gummer (the blond cop) is not returning. Thomas Dekker sighting at 2:37. But they will have to re-shoot a pilot.

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 00:16 | Message # 755
Potentially Awesome New TV Shows Of 2014 /  Turn
Everybody listen up: AMC is producing a new series, and to be perfectly honest, we should all be paying attention, because that little network is on a decade long hot streak right now. This one is a period piece, set during the American Revolution. It"s based on bestseller Washington"s Spies, and revolves around a group of six spies who worked for George Washington during the war. They were significant for two reasons: they provide an example of one of the first modern spy rings, and they were absolutely essential to winning the war. But none of that is important right now, because I"m really pleased of happiness that Jamie Bell is going to star in this program. I"ve been watching that little guy since Billy Elliot and also the War film Defiance which was based on true events, and I"m thrilled at the opportunity to watch him on a hopefully successful American television show. For those of you Pacific Rim fans out there Burn Gorman will also be featured on the show. Bottom line, I trust AMC to create a well-crafted historical drama, and with the cast they"ve got lined up, it seems like it would be hard to go wrong. The first season will consist of ten, hour-long episodes. Original air date TBA.
Source // AMC

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 01:10 | Message # 756
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Check out the poster for Tricia Helfer's new series "Killer Women", premiering on ABC on Tuesday, January 7 at 10/9c.

"Killer Woman" misfires, On ABC, "Killer Woman" premiered to 3.87 million viewers and a 0.9 key demo rating, Not sure whether ABC will be over the moon with the Premiere figures, but It"s early days with "Killer Woman" I have got it to watch still gonna watch it just to check it out, and of course to see Tricia Helfer.

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 01:43 | Message # 757
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Not 100% sure if we mentioned it before.

LOST alumn Josh Holloway returns to television with CBS' tech-heavy drama "Intelligence".

Josh Holloway explains why CBS' Intelligence isn't a ripoff of Chuck at TV Guide

"Intelligence" Boosts CBS Tuesday, - "Intelligence" averaged 16.59 million viewers and a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 to win the 9 p.m. hour for CBS. [the half-hour splits are 17.375 million and a 2.5 key demo for 9 p.m. and 15.8 million and a 2.3 key demo for 9.30.] CBS must be excited with these figures for the premiere of "Intelligence" which they speak volumes, another show to check out and see what"s what.

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 02:17 | Message # 758
Quote KevinInEngland ()
# 737 Helix does not show up on the SKY guide yet.  I'll look out for it.
The first season of SyFy"s drama series Helix will receive its UK premiere on Channel 5 on Monday January 20th at 10pm, it has been announced.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 09:48 | Message # 759
Quote robbo ()
"Killer Woman" misfires, On ABC, "Killer Woman" premiered to 3.87 million viewers and a 0.9 key demo rating, Not sure whether ABC will be over the moon with the Premiere figures, but It"s early days with "Killer Woman" I have got it to watch still gonna watch it just to check it out, and of course to see Tricia Helfer.

"Intelligence" Boosts CBS Tuesday, - "Intelligence" averaged 16.59 million viewers and a 2.4 rating among adults 18-49 to win the 9 p.m. hour for CBS. [the half-hour splits are 17.375 million and a 2.5 key demo for 9 p.m. and 15.8 million and a 2.3 key demo for 9.30.] CBS must be excited with these figures for the premiere of "Intelligence" which they speak volumes, another show to check out and see what"s what.

Two new TV shows premiered on Wednesday, CBS's "Intelligence" starring Josh Holloway and Marg Helgenberger, and ABC's "Killer Women" starring Tricia Helfer and it's interesting to see how they performed in terms of ratings.

CBS was smart enough to air the premiere right behind rating juggernaut NCIS, obviously hoping that a lot of NCIS viewers will sample the show then follow it to its regular Monday at 10PM timeslot next week.

That's a completely different story for Tricia's Killer Women. As TVBTN says, the show is DOA (Dead On Arrival). Tricia did a good job promoting the show and gave many interviews (she's really good at that btw) but it was not enough to insure enough viewers. As I mentioned before, the early reviews were not very good.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 20:34 | Message # 760
#756 She can come in to my saloon any time and shoot the baddies, it would be great to see her handling her 'shooters'.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 20:42 | Message # 761
# 754 I see on your video you've been have a lot of SG vids running beforehand. btw, how can TD be seen 4:16 when the video is 4:17 long?
I like it btw, my kind of thing. Was that gay guy TD by any chance, he was earlier on in the vid?

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 09 Jan 2014, 20:46 | Message # 762
# 758 OK robbo. I might need reminding.

robboDate: Friday, 10 Jan 2014, 00:16 | Message # 763
# 762  No problem mate, I needed reminding myself about "Helix" which could be a cracking show, 10pm watershed as well might be a bit of Gore involved especially at that time of the night, we shall see.

robboDate: Friday, 10 Jan 2014, 00:47 | Message # 764
Potentially Awesome New TV Shows Of 2014 /  Outlander 
Starz is looking over their shoulder at the unbelievable success of Game of Thrones, feeling just a little bit jealous and unloved. They"re looking to branch out into producing original materials, but most of their attempts thus far haven"t reached the heights of their pay cable brethren, HBO and Showtime. I think they want to create a hit with another popular fantasy book series, so It"s unsurprising that they recently put in a 16-episode order for Diana Gabaldon"s Outlander (or Cross-Stitch in the UK), a romantic fantasy novel from the early 90s. Essentially the book series revolves around a 20th century nurse who time travels back to 18th century Scotland, and carries on with a dashing local named James Fraser. They have a series of adventures as their romance progresses and spans the length of seven books. And hey, why not? Fantasy is in right now, as you can tell from Game of Thrones, and time travel has never been bigger, with Doctor Who celebrating its fiftieth anniversary in 2013. So I"m curious to see what they do with the popular romance series. set to debut in 2014.
Source // Starz

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 10 Jan 2014, 00:56 | Message # 765
Quote KevinInEngland ()
# 754 I see on your video you've been have a lot of SG vids running beforehand. btw, how can TD be seen 4:16 when the video is 4:17 long?
I like it btw, my kind of thing. Was that gay guy TD by any chance, he was earlier on in the vid?

Thomas Dekker at 2:37, I edited my post. Thanks!

When did we see him before exactly?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: