menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 20 Dec 2013, 17:56 | Message # 736
Group: Friends
# 726. When I saw The Carrie Diaries, I thought that sounds good.  A school student who uses kinetic energy to cause chaos & mayhem.  Imagine how disappointed I was to find it was about a sex-starved female.

Yeah, I know, I know, "what is wrong with me, but it's not like that".

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 20 Dec 2013, 17:58

robboDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 03:46 | Message # 737
Channel 5 Acquires UK Rights To SyFy"s "Helix" 
Ronald D. Moore"s latest drama series for SyFy has found a UK home. Channel 5 has closed a deal with international distributor Sony Pictures Television to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to Helix. The series, which premieres on SyFy in the United States on January 10th, is expected to premiere on Channel 5 in late-January. Helix follows a team of scientists from the Centers for Disease Control who travel to a high-tech research facility in the arctic to investigate a possible disease outbreak, only to find themselves pulled into a terrifying life-and-death struggle that may hold the key to mankind"s salvation or total annihilation. However, the lethal threat is just the tip of the iceberg, and as the virus evolves, the chilling truth begins to unravel. The drama series stars Billy Campbell (The Killing), Hiroyuki Sanada (The Wolverine), Kyra Zagorsky (Soldiers Of The Apocalypse), Mark Ghanime, Jordan Hayes (House At The End Of The Street), Meegwun Fairbrother, Catherine Lemieux (White House Down), and Neil Napier (Riddick).
Via TVWise

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 24 Dec 2013, 13:13 | Message # 738
# 737 Helix does not show up on the SKY guide yet.  I'll look out for it.

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Dec 2013, 03:13 | Message # 739
Channel 4 Sets UK Premiere Date For "Hostages"
The first season of CBS" drama series Hostages will receive its UK premiere on Channel 4 on Saturday January 11th at 9pm, it has been announced. Hostages is based on an Israeli format and follows a premiere surgeon thrust into a chilling political conspiracy when her family is taken hostage by rogue FBI Agent Duncan Carlisle (Dylan McDermott). Dr Ellen Sanders (Toni Collette) and her family are held captive in their home by Carlisle, a desperate man doing the wrong thing for the right reasons, who orders her to assassinate the president (James Naughton) when she operates on him. His highly skilled accomplices include his brother-in-law Kramer (Rhys Coiro), whose loyalty to Carlisle will be tested, quick-tempered and intimidating Archer (Billy Brown), an ex-military man with a razor-sharp tongue, and the only woman involved, Sandrine (Sandrine Holt), a mysterious last-minute replacement to the team. With her family"s life in peril, Ellen faces an incomprehensible moral dilemma in order to save her overbearing husband Brian (Tate Donovan), her secretive daughter Morgan (Quinn Shephard) and her not-so-innocent son Jake (Mateus Ward). In this high-stakes standoff between Ellen and Carlisle, fraught with tremendous national and personal consequences, the choices between right and wrong become even more blurred. The drama series is produced by Warner Bros. Television & Bruckheimer Television with Jerry Bruckheimer.
Via TVWise

robboDate: Friday, 27 Dec 2013, 02:46 | Message # 740
Universal Channel Sets UK Premiere Date For "Psych" Season 7
The seventh season of USA Network"s drama series Psych will receive its UK premiere on Universal Channel on Sunday January 19th at 7pm, it has been announced. Psych follows the daily lives of Shawn Spencer and his best friend Gus as they perform their duties as consultants for the Santa Barbara Police Department. The only hitch is that everyone (except for Gus and his father Henry) believes that Shawn is a psychic detective, when in truth he is not and often requires the help of Henry and Gus to close the cases he is assigned. Psych stars James Roday, Dule Hill, Timothy Omundson, Maggie Lawson, Kirsten Nelson and Corbin Bernsen,
Via TVWise

robboDate: Saturday, 28 Dec 2013, 04:02 | Message # 741
Professor Zoom To Appear In The Flash Series ?
Yesterday a report emerged online suggesting that Grant Gustin"s Barry Allen will be joined by another familiar DC Comics superhero in the pilot episode of The Flash, with Cisco Ramon / Vibe said to be lined up as a recurring character in the potential series, and now comes word of the possible inclusion of one The Flash"s archenemy Professor Zoom. According to Bludhaven Banter (the site responsible for posting character descriptions for Iris West and Detective West), the pilot episode is set to feature a character called "Detective Eddie Thawne", a recent transfer to Central City Police Department who "harbors a dark secret."The report goes on to speculate that Eddie Thawne could be Eobard Thawne, a.k.a. Professor Zoom / Reverse Flash, and that his dark secret is he"s a time-traveller from the future who"s found himself stuck in the 21st century. Cameras are set to roll on The Flash pilot in Vancouver in March, with The CW eyeing a fall start date should the Arrow spin-off make it to series.
Via Bludhaven Banter

robboDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 2014, 05:09 | Message # 742
"Bates Motel" Season 2 Reserves March 2014 Premiere 
It"s been fairly quiet on the front of A&E"s moody prequel thriller "Bates Motel" leaving Norman and Norma Bates to patiently await their grand reopening, but now A&E has urgently-needed good news for 2014. The "Bates Motel" will open for season 2 business in March 2014! Via A&E, we"ve learned that the second cycle for "Bates Motel" will officially premiere on March 3, 2014 (the year"s still new, so we have to say that). So far, we know of a major trio of new guest stars checking in for "Bates Motel" season 2, including "Alias" star Michael Vartan as a new love interest for Norma, "Hung" star Rebecca Creskoff as Norma"s first real female friend Christine, and "Sons of Anarchy" vet Kenny Johnson as Norma"s estranged and abusive brother Caleb. Additionally, "Boss" star Kathleen Robertson has been announced for a mysterious new role, "Percy Jackson" star Paloma Kwiatkowski will portray a new love interest for Norman, and "Transformers" and "Greys Anatomy" star Michael O"Neill will play Miss Watson"s vengeful father.
Via A&E

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 02 Jan 2014, 17:42 | Message # 743
robbo I am ashamed of you.  You did not point out that Rebecca Creskoff was Anne Fields (the mother), in TSCC 2_12 Alpine Fields.
I'm going to have to set up a classroom of recaps for you. haha
I tell you what, she was indeed in 'hung' and she looked awesome starkers in that series!

Unfortunately Leven Rambin was going to appear in 'Hung' but pulled out after getting another role. (probably Percy Jackson sea of....).  That was disappointing, I was envisioning her doing a 'Rebecca Creskoff'.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 02 Jan 2014, 17:44

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 03 Jan 2014, 13:22 | Message # 744
Group: Administrators
J.H. Wyman Talks ALMOST HUMAN, How the Series Has Evolved from the Pilot, Where He’s Taking the Story, Portraying a Hopeful Future, and His Five-Year Plan

"Five-year plan"? Hum, I'm not sure FOX will allow the show to go that far.

Minka Kelly in Almost Human

Read article at Collider.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 04 Jan 2014, 03:37 | Message # 745
Rumor: Hayley Atwell Signs On For " Agent Carter " TV Series 
If Britain"s Mirror tabloid can be believed, Hayley Atwell is poised to reprise her role from Captain America: The First Avenger in Marvel"s rumored Agent Carter television series. Talk of a spinoff surfaced in September, just ahead of the release of the Iron Man 3 Blu-ray, which included as a bonus feature "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter," depicting Peggy Carter in her post-Captain America career with the Strategic Scientific Reserve (Atwell also has a cameo in Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which arrives April 4). Soon after that initial report, Atwell acknowledged that she"d be interested in the TV project, saying, "The one-shot was so successful, the fanbase were like, "We want more of Peggy!" I think Marvel probably take that very seriously, and it"s certainly something I would be a part of doing. I"d be interested to show different sides of Peggy." The Mirror article offers nothing official, but instead quotes an anonymous source who said, "Hayley is absolutely thrilled to have the opportunity and is incredibly grateful to Marvel fans who have basically been campaigning for a spin-off show for the past six months."
Via Mirror

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 04 Jan 2014, 08:57 | Message # 746
Quote robbo ()
Rumor: Hayley Atwell Signs On For " Agent Carter " TV Series

Marvel is repeating what they did with "Agents of SHIELD" (if the series is picked up). For lazy visitors, here are the 2 "Marvel One-Shot: Agent Carter" clips:

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 Jan 2014, 22:37 | Message # 747
So-so advance review for Tricia Helfer's new serie on ABC, "Killer Women", on IGN.

ABC's Killer Women promo

Instead, for ABC, we get a more straight-forward series about a female Texas Ranger (What!? *spits hooch-laced coffee*) and the crusading justice she dispenses. And while I applaud the fact that someone decided Helfer was a great choice to play a gun-toting law enforcer, Killer Women misses a grand opportunity to go nuts. For a show called Killer Women, that also uses Exploitation Cinema-style title cards, it's surprisingly tame. Sure, there are women. And sure, some of them kill. But this is a plain old network series through and through.

At least the article mentions Susannah Charleson's "Scent of the Missing" and Summer Glau wink

Though I will forever lament the fact that TNT didn't pick up Scent of the Missing to series (Tricia Helfer + Summer Glau + crime-sniffing dog!), it's still nice to see Helfer, so good as BSG's Number Six, back on a new show and kicking ass. I just wish it were a better, less by-the-numbers series than ABC's Killer Women.

Read complete article at IGN

robboDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 02:38 | Message # 748
Potentially Awesome New TV Shows Of 2014  1. " The Strain " 
I know what you"re thinking: Jesus Christ, please no more vampires EVER AGAIN. And yes, the market has been particularly saturated with the debonair monsters as of late. From Twilight to True Blood, It"s safe to say that there are what we refer to in the industry as a s**t ton of vampires. That said, here are the reasons why I think this one is worthwhile. Reason #1: It"s being produced by Guillermo Del Toro. I"ve only seen glimpses of the production design for this show, but I think we can comfortably assume that whatever the vampires look like, they will not be sparkling. Reason #2: It"s being made on FX. You know, the same channel that airs American Horror Story aka all of the nightmares I"ve ever had or ever will have. They certainly made witches scary again, I"m sure they can work the same mojo on vampires. And Reason #3: The Strain is going to star David Bradley (Harry Potter, Doctor Who) and Corey Stoll (House of Cards, Midnight in Paris). In summation, I have complete confidence in this show"s production team, network, and cast. The Unholy Trinity of television. It is set to premiere in July 2014.
Source // FX

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 12:06 | Message # 749
# 747 I'll watch it when it comes to the UK (If it comes).  Nice to hear that Scent Of The Missing was mentioned, although it might not make any difference.
# 748 As long as they don't look like the Vampires in Buffy, I don't care.  (At least I think they were vampires).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 12:24

ThierryDate: Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 12:30 | Message # 750
According to some sources, David Lynch is filming "Twin Peaks" again, 25 years after its first air.

Source : Bustle

Trailer (for DVD release, soon avaiable in Blu-Ray) :

"Twin Peaks" is one of the most famous and celebrated TV series of the 1990s, which inspired many more recent series. It is a mix between mystery, murder, thriller, even horror, in short... lynchian smile

More infos : Twin Peaks on Wikipedia

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Tuesday, 07 Jan 2014, 13:39

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: