menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 12 Dec 2013, 21:16 | Message # 721
Group: Administrators
The CW has published its mid-season schedules and premiere dates for its new shows.

“The Tomorrow People” is moving to monday and Arrow will be paired with new show "The 100"

After a nuclear apocalypse, civilization on planet earth was destroyed. 100 juvenile prisoners will be the first to set foot on ground after 97 years. What will they discover? Don't miss the series premiere of The 100, coming midseason to The CW!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Friday, 13 Dec 2013, 00:43 | Message # 722
Group: Friends
# 721  "The 100" looks pretty cool from the look of the series trailer, was that the young lad out of Continuum that I spotted in the trailer, I can"t remember his him I think he played the part of Alex"s brother, The trailer had a touch of "After Earth" with all greenery and forest scenery in the trailer, but I do like the look of The CW"s new show "The 100" looks exciting Paired with Arrow what a Wednesday night, any reason behind the move to Mondays for The Tomorrow People.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 13 Dec 2013, 01:37 | Message # 723
Ref #722

Even the mysteries of the "new" Earth won't be enough to make me watch this teen drama. Yes, it looks like Richard Harmon, who played Alex''s brother Julian in Continuum.

The ratings for The Tomorrow People were not good enough for The CW, this is why the show has been moved to Mondays.

robboDate: Friday, 13 Dec 2013, 02:06 | Message # 724
Ref #723  I probably still might have a look at It I always like to give a new show a chance to Impress me, saying that I still have episodes 1-5 of Almost Human to watch but the vibes I"m hearing about this new show are a bit negative, That"s his name just couldn"t remember, on to The Tomorrow People It"s a shame I like that show gave that a chance and watched every episode so far It"s not as good as Arrow for a Back-up but It"s a Ok show, but everybody has different taste"s.

John85Date: Friday, 13 Dec 2013, 03:51 | Message # 725
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Ref #722

Even the mysteries of the "new" Earth won't be enough to make me watch this teen drama. Yes, it looks like Richard Harmon, who played Alex''s brother Julian in Continuum.

The ratings for The Tomorrow People were not good enough for The CW, this is why the show has been moved to Mondays.

It would have been better they picked up Alphas which had Summer Glau in it & seemed as though she would become part of the main cast in Season 3.
I've never heard of any of the actresses or actors in The Tomorrow People but with Alphas everyone knows who Summer Glau & David Straitharn is.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

robboDate: Friday, 13 Dec 2013, 04:00 | Message # 726
The CW Mid-season Schedule: "Hart Of Dixie" To Friday, "The Tomorrow People" To Monday.
The CW has announced its mid-season schedule, and the network is looking to plug the weak spots in its schedule, From a ratings perspective. Of course, some of the choices don"t make a whole lot of sense, particularly The Tomorrow People to Mondays, where it will air after the new series Star-Crossed. Normally, the strategy is to use a successful show as a lead-in for a newcomer, not to pair two new shows with one another and hope for the best. So yeah --- about this schedule. This is profoundly troubling for Beasties, as The Tomorrow People will be replacing Beauty And The Beast in the Monday 9pm time-slot starting March 10, with any remaining, un-aired new episodes of Beauty and the Beast airing over the summer (according to USA Today) In effect, the network is burning off the the remaining episodes simply to get use out of the set of episodes they"ve already paid for. And that"s a damn shame. It"s also looking like It"s curtains for The Carrie Diaries too, Well, unless these new shows fail. The 100, a post-apocalyptic adventure series, is expected to do well, although the jury is still out on Star-Crossed. I suppose We"ll see come mid-season.
Via USA Today

robboDate: Sunday, 15 Dec 2013, 03:28 | Message # 727
"Homeland" Season 4 Spoilers Which Series Regulars Won"t Be Returning ? 
This Sunday"s season 3 finale of "Homeland" will naturally drop a body or two before the hour"s end, with most bets on One Outspoken and Outdated Cast Member getting the axe, but could "Homeland" season 4 see a significantly reduced cast in 2014 ? Find out who"s leaving the Showtime drama behind for greener "Homeland"s! Via TVLINE, we"ve learned that series regular stars Morena Baccarin and Morgan Saylor will not return in "Homeland" season 4, at least under their former titles. Either actress could still potentially put in guest appearances as Jessica and Dana Brody, similar to how Diego Klattenhoff (Mike) and David Marciano (Virgil) briefly reprised their roles in series 3. That should come as some consolation to critics of the Emmy-Winning Showtime drama, who outspokenly bemoan the continued focus on the Brody family, despite Brody himself (Damien Lewis) being absent for the majority of the third season, even after writers "repeated attempts to kill him off. Complaints have fallen the hardest on Saylor for Dana Brody"s increased presence in the third season, while Baccarin"s limited appearances as Jessica Brody owe to the actress "real-life pregnancy. Of course, downplaying the Brody family in season 4 could well suggest that Nicholas Brody himself finally bites the bullet in season 3 finale "The Star" though two finales to date have already proven us wrong. In any case, acclaimed "Homeland" writer Meredith Stiehm will return to the writers room in season 4 after departing FX"s "The Bridge" with Stiehm"s influence said to be felt as early as Sunday"s finale. All eyes will be on Showtime this Sunday night,
Via TVLINE

chrisdvanne_Date: Sunday, 15 Dec 2013, 09:30 | Message # 728
Quote robbo ()
Baccarin"s limited appearances as Jessica Brody owe to the actress "real-life pregnancy.

As seen at this year Wizard World Chicago Comic Con.

Morena Baccarin, Alan Tudyk and Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2013

robboDate: Monday, 16 Dec 2013, 04:20 | Message # 729
TNT Orders Kyra Sedgwick Supernatural Medical Pilot Proof 
The Closer"s Kyra Sedgwick is returning to TNT. Sedgwick is slated to executive produce the medical pilot Proof. TNT has given the supernatural drama Proof a pilot commitment, reports Deadline. The proposed series focuses on a skeptical female surgeon who investigates cases involving the possibility of reincarnation, out-of-body experiences, and hauntings. Sedgwick will work behind the scenes, with no plans to star in the medical drama at this time. Rob Bragin (Greek) penned the pilot and will serve as an executive producer alongside Sedgwick. Casting for the pilot has yet to be announced. Sedgwick is best known for her role as Deputy Chief Brenda Leigh Johnson in TNT"s The Closer for seven seasons.
Via Deadline

robboDate: Wednesday, 18 Dec 2013, 00:10 | Message # 730
Adrianne Palicki Joins "From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series"
G.I. Joe: Retaliation actress Adrianne Palicki, who starred NBC"s rejected Wonder Woman pilot, has been cast in the El Rey Network"s From Dusk Till Dawn: The Series. EW.com reports she, Jake Busey (Starship Troopers) and Lane Garrison (Bonnie & Clyde, Prison Break) will join previously announced actors D.J. Cotrona, Zane Holtz, Wilmer Valderrama, Jesse Garcia and Don Johnson in the 10-episode drama based on 1996 cult horror film by Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. Rodriguez is one of the creators of El Rey. Palicki plays Vanessa Style, a woman from Seth Gecko"s (Cotrona) past, while Busey is an "eccentric, mythology-obsessed professor Aiden Tanner." Garrison portrays a liquor-store clerk named Pete "who gets more than he bargained for when the Gecko brothers enter his shop."
Via EW.com

robboDate: Wednesday, 18 Dec 2013, 01:13 | Message # 731
SyFy UK Sets Premiere Date For "Lost Girl" Season 4
The fourth season of Canadian science-fiction series Lost Girl will receive its UK premiere on SyFy UK on Thursday January 16th at 10pm, it has been announced. George Takei (Star Trek) and Ali Liebert (Bomb Girls) are among the guest stars for season four.
Via TVWise

robboDate: Wednesday, 18 Dec 2013, 01:36 | Message # 732
Channel 5 Drops ABC"s "Once Upon A Time" 
Say goodbye to Storybrooke. Executives at Channel 5 have decided not to pick up the third season of ABC"s drama series Once Upon A Time from international distributor Disney Media Distribution, TVWise has confirmed. The move to drop Once Upon A Time, which leaves the series without a UK broadcaster, comes after Channel 5 acquired the series from Disney in 2012 with the show"s first season launching on the channel in April 2012 and the second season having recently completed its run. The decision not to acquire further seasons is something of a surprise as, despite suffering a slight decline in the ratings, Once Upon A Time has been one of Channel 5"s top performing imports. With said decision, Once Upon A Time also becomes the latest acquisition to be dropped by Channel 5 following the broadcaster"s decision not to continue with fellow US series Parenthood and Californication. Oh no that paves way for more "Reality TV Shows" the UK is swamped with them every Channel.
Via TVWise

robboDate: Thursday, 19 Dec 2013, 02:34 | Message # 733
Ghostbuster"s Ernie Hudson Up For Role In The Flash TV Series
Ernie Hudson, known for Ghostbusters, lets it be known in an interview that he is up for a role in The Flash TV series set for the CW. A pair of character descriptions from a casting call listed Iris West and Detective West. It"s possible Ernie Hudson could be up for the role as the latter. "There"s a spinoff of Arrow called Flash. I"m meeting the creators next week, "Hudson told Ghostbusters News. "So I kind of have to prepare for that." Hudson continues giving some hints as to the storyline surrounding the character. "His [The Flash"s] adopted dad or something, His dad has a problem and I don"t want to give that story away. I"ll tell you more about it if I get the job," Hudson said. Here is the previously released description for Detective West, which seems to fit the bill: "Detective West - Late 40s to Early 50s - African American - Detective West is an honest, blue-collar cop who"s seen it all. A soulful, funny caring father to Iris, and a surrogate father to Barry, West came up through the foster system himself. He took in Barry after his mother"s murder and his father"s imprisonment. He believes in Barry and supports Barry"s efforts to prove his father"s innocence."  Grant Gustin recently appeared on two episodes of Arrow as Barry Allen. The mid-season finale saw Barry Allen gain the powers of The Flash, with Gustin going on to star in the TV series which has a yet-to-be announced premiere.
Via Cosmic Booknews

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 19 Dec 2013, 20:29 | Message # 734
#720 I will watch Tyrant when it hits our screens.  I rather liked Jordana Spiro from Mob Doctor.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 20 Dec 2013, 14:48 | Message # 735
#721 I've only just viewed this clip, which is very clear Chris.
The first thing that I notice is that there are plenty of blond haired women, brunette women, European men, Equatorial origin men, but where are the Equatorial origin women?
I can only guess that yet again, we will have a series that flings white blond haired women in the arms of an Equatorial man.  It seems to be the norm in TV series these days.
The only exception that stands prominent in my mind is Sleepy Hollow with Ichabod Crane(played by Tom Mison) & Lt. Abbie Mills(played by Nicole Beharie) and they are not even in a sexual relationship.  I rather like their relationship, if you really want to know the truth.  He is well spoken and she is very appealing in her ways and attitudes, imo.

The series looks good but leaves a bad taste for me, for the above reason.  Perhaps I am wrong.
==
#722 Yes, he was also a bit of a bad lad in Bates Motel, possibly killing a student.  We won't know until next year.  Perhaps he's innocent.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 20 Dec 2013, 18:04

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: