menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 14:45 | Message # 706
Group: Friends
Quote robbo ()
# 701 Bit skeptical about this show I have been waiting for a few comments about ( Almost Human ), I have episode one, two, and three to watch not sure whether I will watch them, sounds as though the Fox curse is arising with the comments on episode 3, doesn"t sound like a very good episode compared to the first two episodes, Is it gonna happen again curse of the Fox"s shows (Alcatraz, Terra Nova, Almost Human,) next to bite the dust.
I'm not sure that I've ever seen Almost Human.    I checked SKY but nothing shows up.   I could be interested.   If it's never been shown in the UK, then that is not good.
Mind you, I understand why, in general people have not even heard of Summer Glau, so TSCC would not have been watched by many boring UK people.  Our people are far too staid.   I don't suppose UK people would watch Almost Human.   Yet, that being said, most of the American programs are shown on our various hundreds of SKY channels, so I see no reason why this one should be the exception.
Help For The Holidays has not shown over here yet.   Yet, they are repeating it on Hallmark for the 2nd year.
I'd like to know who decides what will be shown to the UK public - then I'd email him and tell him what I think.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 14:53 | Message # 707
# 701 That is really annoying.  Somebody writes a script and gets paid a fortune for doing it, then we discover he/she has no imagination and settles for copying a TV film.   That is really annoying.    Just like what they did in Alphas final episodes.   (I know, I know, that's bad English but we write that sentence as a joke.  It should be: 'Just like the story writing for the final episodes of Alphas).

I thought for a moment that Almost Human would be a riveting series.

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 23:24 | Message # 708
# 706  hiya Kevin, No news on whether "Almost Human" is coming to the UK at the moment, Known our networks in the UK It will probably be sometime next year, They are far too busy concentrating on showing all the crap that they fill our screens with 7 days a week, I could mention them but unfortunately It would take me till the end of time, If memory serves me right I remember TSCC being shown on the old Bravo channel on SKY TV, so I can"t Imagine for one moment the UK people would have latched on to TSCC with it been on such a small channel that doesn"t"exist anymore on SKY TV. " Help For The Holidays " is another example The Hallmark Channel I don"t think is on SKY TV anymore as far as I know, but we do have some Christmas movie channels not sure what numbers they are like but surely they could screen "Help For The Holidays", just to promote the film in the UK at Christmas time, Great entertainment for the family plus a lot of the Brits would get to see Summer Glau, same old boring decisions by our Networks in the UK cheap and nasty reality shows I can"t stomach them and lets not go there with the soaps.

robboDate: Wednesday, 04 Dec 2013, 03:10 | Message # 709
NBC"s  " The Blacklist " Renewed For Season 2. Ratings for NBC crime thriller "The Blacklist" have proven especially solid across the board for NBC, and with James Spader"s prominence inevitable for years to come, is it any wonder the peacock has opted to renew one of its few buzzed-about hits from the 2013-2014 season ? Get a pen ready, because "The Blacklist" will have more names to cross off in season 2!
Says NBC Entertainment Chair Robert Greenblatt of the 2014 renewal: The success of The Blacklist demonstrates that inspired storytelling is alive and well in broadcast television, and I"m impressed on a daily basis by this creative team"s imagination and the extent to which they will go to capture this grand vision on film. With gratitude to both our partners at Sony Pictures Television and our NBC development executives who took a great script and shepherded it into a great series, I hope that Red Reddington never runs out of names to bring down on his list!

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 05 Dec 2013, 01:14 | Message # 710
# 709 I have to take back what I said about 'The Blacklist', as the series gets better as it goes on IMO.

robboDate: Thursday, 05 Dec 2013, 03:59 | Message # 711
SYFY"s " Legion " TV Sequel " Dominion " Ordered To Series. 
Based on characters from the hit theatrical film Legion (2010), Dominion is an epic Supernatural drama set in the year 25 A.E. In this transformed post-apocalyptic future an army of lower angels, assembled by the archangel Gabriel, has waged a war of possession against mankind. The archangel Michael, turning against his own kind, has chosen to side with humanity against Gabriel. Rising out of the ashes of the 25 year-long battle are newly fortified cities which protect the human survivors. In Vega (formerly Las Vegas), the largest of these cities, two houses via for control and the stage is set for political upheaval and a dangerous power shift. Meanwhile, a rebellious young soldier begins a perilous journey as the war between the human race and the fallen angels hell-bent on their domination escalates. Dominion stars Christopher Egan (Kings), Tom Wisdom (300), Roxanne McKee (Game Of Thrones), Alan Dale (Lost), Anthony Stewart Head (Buffy The Vampire Slayer), and Luke Allen-Gale, (The Borgias). "Dominion" will produce a 90-minute pilot/movie directed by the feature"s director and co-writer Scott Stewart, and writer Vaun Wilmott will pen the script.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 06 Dec 2013, 17:03 | Message # 712
Group: Administrators
Check out the poster for Tricia Helfer's new series "Killer Women", premiering on ABC on Tuesday, January 7 at 10/9c.

poster for Tricia Helfer's new series 'Killer Women' on ABC

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 2013, 03:35 | Message # 713
# 712  Great poster of Tricia Helfer advertising "Killer Woman" she reminds me of a certain lady called "Madonna" when she sang "Ray Of Light" similarity with the cowboy gear on, I wonder if Killer Woman will be a similar show to "Walker Texas Ranger" ( 1993-2001 ), which had a beautiful woman in that show called Sheree J. Wilson who played the role of Alex Cahill she was a District Attorney. looking forward to Killer Woman next year.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 07 Dec 2013, 16:22 | Message # 714
#712 That's a great poster. Kristanna Loken looks real damn hot posing in her light blue jeans standing next to a beautiful horse. 

I have to say, a lady dressed like that really does it for me.  I don't mind Indian either. (Remember SG in The Legend Of Hell's Gate).
I think that could be a good film for fans for kickass girls (like me).

robboDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 03:25 | Message # 715
Young Bruce Wayne To Star In Gotham TV Series ? 
The new Commissioner Gordon Gotham TV Series in development for Fox is reportedly being said to have a young Bruce Wayne as a featured character. A casting call website, TV shows Auditions Info, apparently has details on the character. " A 10-year-old Bruce Wayne is among the roles that are now being cast as series regulars on the upcoming Fox TV Series " Gotham " which explores the origin stories of Commissioner James Gordon and the villains that made Gotham City famous. Shooting on the pilot episode will get underway in March, 2014 and will and will center on Gotham City PD rookie homicide detective James Gordon who investigates the double murder of Thomas and Martha Wayne. Although the " Gotham " central figure of James Gordon first appears in Detective Comics #27 when Bruce Wayne is Batman, [ Bruno ] Heller begins the series re-creating the characters pre- #27. It was previously said the Gotham series wouldn"t feature Batman as it"s set before Detective Jim Gordon meets the Dark Knight, which looks to be the case.

robboDate: Sunday, 08 Dec 2013, 05:01 | Message # 716
" Low Winter Sun " Canceled By AMC
Well, AMC certainly tried to make it happen, but it looks like fans weren"t buying Low Winter Sun. AMC has canceled the drama after one season on the network. Based on a British miniseries, Low Winter Sun starred Mark Strong as a Detroit homicide detective. The series premiered to modest ratings in August, racking up just 2.5 million viewers despite a very strong lead-in from the final eight episodes of Breaking Bad. Of course, ratings only dropped from there. Low Winter Sun is now just the second AMC series to be canceled after one season, following 2010 drama Rubicon.
Via: Entertainment Weekly

robboDate: Monday, 09 Dec 2013, 23:19 | Message # 717
" Californication " To End After Season 7.
It"s curtains for David Duchovny"s dark comedy. Showtime is ending Californication after season seven. The series starring Duchovny as novelist Hank Mood, is one of the network"s few remaining comedies developed under Robert Greenblatt, predecessor to current head David Nevins. Showtime had considered a spin-off centered on Faith, the religious groupie played by Maggie Grace, but the network ultimately decided not to move forward with the project. I"d argue Showtime made the right call there, much as I like Maggie Grace. Californication will return for what will now be its final 12 episodes in April 2014.
Via: The Hollywood Reporter

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 10 Dec 2013, 15:00 | Message # 718
# 717 As you can imagine, it was not my thing.  My ex thought it was OK (for obvious reasons).

robboDate: Wednesday, 11 Dec 2013, 00:08 | Message # 719
Quote KevinInEngland ()
# 717 As you can imagine, it was not my thing.  My ex thought it was OK (for obvious reasons).
Me neither mate not my cup of Tea, that type of show mind you not a bad Innings it got Bowled out after 7 seasons, must of had a good following obviously it must have been David"s charm, that attracted the followers.

robboDate: Thursday, 12 Dec 2013, 03:43 | Message # 720
FX Middle Eastern Drama "Tyrant" Ordered To Series From "Homeland" Producers. 
FX"s "Sons Of Anarchy" may have taken one step closer to the grave with last night"s season 6 finale "A Mother"s Work" but the cable network has already taken steps to ensure its own buzzworthy future. Highly-sought Middle Eastern drama "Tyrant" has been given an official series order, to debut in summer 2014. Developed by "Homeland" producers Howard Gordon and Gideon Raff, along with "Lost" writer Craig Wright, "Tyrant" centers on Bassam "Barry" Al Fayeed (Adam Rayner), son of the dictator of a war-torn Middle Eastern country who returns from a self-imposed 20 year exile with his American wife and children, and gets caught up past conflicts once again, "Life of Pi" director Ang Lee had originally signed on to helm the pilot episode but was later replaced by "Harry Potter" franchise vet David Yates. "Weeds" star Justin Kirk will play mysterious American diplomat John Tucker, while former "Mob Doctor" Jordana Spiro will take the role of Dana, wife to Kirk"s Tucker, and who also works at the American Embassy as a cultural attache. Also among the cast are Jennifer Finnigan, Ashraf Barhom, Moran Atias, Noah Silver, Anne Winters, Fares Fares, Salim Daw, Mehdi Dehbi, and Alice Krige. Production will begin in March for a summer 2014 debut,
Via ScreenCrush

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: