[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 47 of 119«124546474849118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 26 Nov 2013, 09:20 | Message # 691
Group: Administrators
I watched the first episode of FOX's new sci-fi drama 'Almost Human', starring Karl Urban (seen in the "Dredd" movie along with Lena Headey), Michael Ealy and former "Charlie's Angel" Minka Kelly.

They're trying to create a cyberpunk series in the mold of Blade Runner or Ghost in the Shell and the pilot succeeded to introduce the characters with the right amount of mystery attached to them. Especially the "bot" Dorian, who in Captain Maldonado's words "is special" (reminds me of a certain "scary robot" in another robot show also on FOX). Urban doesn't smile at all (like in Dredd) but it's part of his character and Minka Kelly is not as bad as in Charlie's Angel.

Can't wait to see episode two (did I hear sexbot?)!

The pilot started with strong ratings (3.1 in A18-49) but they dropped in episode 2 (2.3 in A18-49). Not very encouraging.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 26 Nov 2013, 17:33 | Message # 692
Group: Friends
#691 I don't know how you managed to watch it Chris, because it's not showing in the UK. I'm going to bit torrent it if I can.  Not everything comes to UK TV.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 27 Nov 2013, 22:44 | Message # 693
I just happened to turn on another recording of American Idol from last year and before it started, I watched the end of a show:  a gorgeous long bush haired lady walk up some steps.  She knocks and a man comes to the door.  She speaks to him and then they kiss. ('Lucky him' I thought.)  Then I recognised him.  Of course, the Terminator from ep1 TSCC.  He was the terminator (Owain Yeoman).
I imdb'd 3 co-stars, which is a very good way of finding a show, Ace Gibson, Mina Joo, Sara Maraffino, and sure enough up came 'The Mentalist, Ep: Red Velvet Cupcakes 2013.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 27 Nov 2013, 23:04

robboDate: Thursday, 28 Nov 2013, 04:03 | Message # 694
The Walking Dead Ratings Down A Million Since Return Of The Governor. Seems fans aren"t too happy with AMC"s decision to go back to Season 3 of The Walking Dead with the return of The Governor in two episodes for season 4 that didn"t feature the main cast. During last week"s episode, both Carol and Daryl were actually trending on Twitter as fans wanted to see the fan-favorite characters reaction to Rick banishing Carol from the group. Instead, all the fans did get was a tale about The Governor becoming a good guy - which we all knew wouldn"t last - and in this week"s episode it was right back to where we started essentially giving us two Filler episodes that didn"t amount to much in terms of storyline progression. Prior to the return of The Governor, The Walking Dead scored 12.2 million viewers. The following episode featuring "Brian" lost 200,000 with this week"s episode dropping almost 800,000. That"s a total net loss of 1 million viewers in two episodes. The coveted adult demographic saw The Walking Dead drop a half point in the 18-49 demographic as well. This Sunday sees the mid-season finale, which will most likely see the ratings rebound, but it does happen to be the third consecutive episode to feature The Governor. It"s my hope that the mid-season finale will see the last of not only The Governor, but the prison as well.

robboDate: Friday, 29 Nov 2013, 03:45 | Message # 695
TCM Sets UK Premiere Date For " Hell On Wheels " Season 3. The third season of AMC"s drama series Hell On Wheels will receive its UK premiere on TCM on Sunday January 12th at 9pm, with a double-bill, it has been announced. Created by Joe and Tony Gayton Hell On Wheels has a 10 episode third season, set in the year 1867.

robboDate: Sunday, 01 Dec 2013, 04:09 | Message # 696
SyFy UK Picks Up Rights To " Lost Girl " Season 4 , Sets Premiere For Early 2014. Bo, Kenzi and co will be making another stop in the UK. I"ve just learned that SyFy UK has closed a deal to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to the fourth season of Canadian sci-fi drama Lost Girl. The show"s fourth season, which recently began airing in Canada on Showcase, is set to premiere on SyFy UK in mid-January. The pick up of Lost Girl"s fourth season comes after the show"s third season pulled in an average audience of 0.12 million viewers, placing above the channel"s slot-average but below the average audience for the show"s second season ( 0.22 million viewers ). This deal for Lost Girl season four also comes after SyFy UK picked up the subsequent seasons of most of their first run programming, including Defiance season 2, Warehouse 13 season 5 and Haven season 4 - which is currently airing on the pay TV channel.

robboDate: Sunday, 01 Dec 2013, 04:33 | Message # 697
" The Walking Dead " To Air In UK Only 24 Hours After US. Fox UK will bring forward the scheduling of The Walking Dead in 2014 so that it will be airing only 24 hours after transmission in the US. The broadcaster has traditionally shown the zombie drama on Friday nights, nearly a week after it is shown in America on AMC. When the second half of the show"s fourth season resumes in February 2014, the channel will air episodes on Monday nights. The fourth season of The Walking Dead has been getting record-breaking ratings in the US on Sundays.

John85Date: Sunday, 01 Dec 2013, 06:38 | Message # 698
Quote robbo ()
SyFy UK Picks Up Rights To " Lost Girl " Season 4 , Sets Premiere For Early 2014. Bo, Kenzi and co will be making another stop in the UK. I"ve just learned that SyFy UK has closed a deal to acquire the exclusive first run UK broadcast rights to the fourth season of Canadian sci-fi drama Lost Girl. The show"s fourth season, which recently began airing in Canada on Showcase, is set to premiere on SyFy UK in mid-January. The pick up of Lost Girl"s fourth season comes after the show"s third season pulled in an average audience of 0.12 million viewers, placing above the channel"s slot-average but below the average audience for the show"s second season ( 0.22 million viewers ). This deal for Lost Girl season four also comes after SyFy UK picked up the subsequent seasons of most of their first run programming, including Defiance season 2, Warehouse 13 season 5 and Haven season 4 - which is currently airing on the pay TV channel.

Just like in the USA were getting LostGirl much later than Canada.
I wish SyFy would schedule it the same time as Canada so half its fans dont resort to torrenting the show & then the ratings for the US premiere fall below expectations.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

robboDate: Monday, 02 Dec 2013, 02:13 | Message # 699
# 698  I Imagine a lot of the networks now are starting to put two & two together, when fans have to resort to torrenting their favorite shows, they seem to show them far to late mind you over in the UK, they seem to be pulling a few shows a lot closer after they have been screened in the US, which is good news not that it effects the ratings over in the UK, the ratings are poor in the UK too much reality shows and soap TV that effects the ratings to make any difference, my shows are all American & Canadian. but yes the schedule needs to be dealt with sooner rather than later.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 02 Dec 2013, 15:55 | Message # 700
# 698/699 Your dead right robbo.  I don't think anyone will mind me saying that with Eastenders & Coronation Street, if I wanted to know what was going on, I'd watch the news, read women's magazines, or go to the pub.  With Emmerdale.... well I wouldn't go to a farm, I'd just stand in their bar and listen in on conversations.
Watching people and listening to them is not much different to seeing them in the street.

Arrow, TSCC takes us out of all that and gives us something different.  We can also admire our chose fancy man/men or lady/ladies, depending on who you are.

Also, it's American, so their talk is different.
I wonder if the ArrowWriters have considered bringing the Hispanic population in to their story and offer some habla espanola, to gain more audiences?  Sub-titling it.... of course.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 02 Dec 2013, 16:17 | Message # 701
Group: Administrators
I watched Almost Human s01ep03 "Are You Receiving?" , whose script is a complete rip-off of Bruce Willis 1988 action movie "Die Hard".

A high stakes terrorist attack is in progress in the center of the city. Hostages are being held on the 25th floor of an office building, and the terrorists demand a dangerous weapon in return for their lives. Against orders, Dorian and Kennex remain inside the building and make their way to the terrorists' hold out. To free the hostages before they all die they must risk their lives and work together like never before, only to find an entirely different plot hidden underneath the terrorist leader's demands.

Episode 3 didn't offer any deeper thoughts into the A.I./robot theme. It was just paaaaasssing the time slooowly without offering any interesting ideas or storytelling or comments on present and future society. Too bad

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 01:06 | Message # 702
# 701 Bit skeptical about this show I have been waiting for a few comments about ( Almost Human ), I have episode one, two, and three to watch not sure whether I will watch them, sounds as though the Fox curse is arising with the comments on episode 3, doesn"t sound like a very good episode compared to the first two episodes, Is it gonna happen again curse of the Fox"s shows (Alcatraz, Terra Nova, Almost Human,) next to bite the dust.

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 02:46 | Message # 703
The Walking Dead Mid-Season Finale Gets 12.1 Million Viewers.
As expected, the mid-season finale for Season 4 of The Walking Dead has rebounded with 12.1 million viewers after the past couple of episodes featuring the return of The Governor saw ratings plummet by 1 million viewers. AMC has released the ratings numbers for the mid-season finale, which are up almost 2 million compared to last year"s mid-season finale. The Walking Dead, Talking Dead and Comic Book Men return February 9th on AMC. The Walking Dead continues to be this season"s # 1 Show across Cable and Broadcast, and the # 1 Cable series of all time. Talking Dead aftershow sets new record, with 6 million viewers and 3.8 million adults 18-49 for mid-season finale.
The figures speak volumes for this show, and one can"t deny AMC have got themselves a real gem of a show on their hands, providing they don"t get to clever and turn the series into a circus show, should have many more seasons to come.

robboDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 03:11 | Message # 704
NBC Developing " The Wolfman " As A TV Series ?
Via Deadline, the latest take on " The Wolfman " stems from " Dracula " executive producer and head writer Daniel Knauf, who drew its inspiration from the 1941 original. The latest incarnation of " The Wolfman " --- likely to be paired with " Dracula " or " Grimm " on NBC Friday nights --- is described as "a supernatural thriller that explores what it means to be a man and to be human. It centers on Lawrence Talbot, who is afflicted by an ancient curse and jacks into the powerful, primordial soul of the alpha-predator," Knauf will write and executive produce with 2010 feature producer Scott Stuber and Quan Phung. We"ll keep an ear out for further development of NBC"s latest stab at the supernatural genre,

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 13:50 | Message # 705
Robbo et al, does anyone else get the feeling that the same old thing is recurgitated time and time again to the point that nobody is interested any more?
I've been watching the new Dracula but much of it follows the same theme all the time - obviously, as it's about a man that lives forever and drinks blood through fangs and has the ability to hypnotise sexy women.   I admit the ladies look nice in their various coloured dresses.
Just like Chris pointed out with Arrow, each character has her own particular colour or shade.

It has to be admitted that Firefly was different.
TSCC was different, as they tackled the human side of the Terminator films, and how people were affected.
Arrow is certainly different, they have gone much further than The Cape, and similar series - their ideas are very good & they have fantastic action moments.

I do have one issue though.  I appreciate that Arrow is a DC Comic Book series but I think the stunt team and action aficionados should pay more attention to the Steven Seagal or Rambo-ish type of machine gun spraying, as I think it would look more realistic if the hero of the series did not have the ability to move faster than spraying bullets.  I feel that in most cases he would be riddled with bullets.
Still, it's still good entertainment with lovely feisty ladies to rest our eyeballs on. (The same for the women viewers, I hope).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 03 Dec 2013, 14:03

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 47 of 119«124546474849118119»
Search: