[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 45 of 119«124344454647118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 12:36 | Message # 661
Group: Friends
Unfortunately I don't use Netflix.  I couldn't find enough on there to interest me.  I had seen most of the films that I wanted to see.  Sense8 appears to be interesting but I would prefer to have lots to choose from on Netflix before I went back to it.

robboDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 23:02 | Message # 662
# 661 Me neither Kevin I don"t use Netflix, at the moment I have never considered using Netflix, but anything to do with sci-fi and decent feedback from the show always gets my attention, but like you say Sense8 does sound quite interesting, Unfortunately their would have to be a few more shows for me to even consider Netflix.

robboDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 23:24 | Message # 663
Aaron Stanford & Amanda Schull Cast In SYFY"s " 12 Monkeys " Pilot. Aaron Stanford (Nikita) and Amanda Schull (Suits) are the first actor to board Syfy"s 12 Monkeys pilot, which is based on the 1995 feature film of the same name. Production on the pilot is set to commence next month in Detroit. Stanford has been cast as Cole, a desperate and haunted man from the near future, who travels to the present day to stop a deadly plague from being released on the world, while Schull will play Cassandra Railly, a brilliant doctor who is forced to choose between her idyllic or joining Cole"s mission to uncover the dangerous conspiracy. Penned by Terry Matalas and Travis Fickett, Universal Cable Productions and Atlas Entertainment are producing with Charles Roven and Richard Suckle serving as executive producers, Natalie Chaidez has come on-board as executive producer/showrunner and Jeffrey Reiner is now attached to direct.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 23:36 | Message # 664
Re the above post robbo.  You also mention Natalie Chaidez, who was involved in at least 3 episodes of TSCC as Consulting Producer.
So, all in all, it should be a good series.

robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Nov 2013, 00:16 | Message # 665
# 664  Kevin I just couldn"t think I thought I heard that name before Natalie Chaidez, nice one it was in TSCC. yes indeed it does sound promising and it might be a good series,

robboDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 2013, 00:04 | Message # 666
The CW developing DC Comics "Hourman" series. The CW is developing a series based on DC Comics character Hourman. The network - which already airs Arrow - is looking to launch a series based on the "brilliant yet troubled" character, according to TV Guide. The show will see the superhero discover that he can foresee tragic events which will happen one hour in the future. "Determined to win back his ex-wife and son, he heroically prevents these tragedies from unfolding, finding both purpose and redemption along the way, " The CW explained. Dan Lin (Gangster Squad) and Jennifer Gwartz will executive produce through their Lin Pictures Production Company. Michael Caleo (Ironside) will write the script. The network is currently airing Arrow"s second season, which will feature the Barry Allen Flash. The appearance comes as The CW plans to launch a spinoff for the character. It"s just getting better and better with these Comic Book characters.

robboDate: Wednesday, 06 Nov 2013, 02:24 | Message # 667
How "Outlander" Is Making Its Way To TV Screens In 2014. After a seven-book series that has sold more than 20 million copies, a TV series based on the Outlander series is currently filming and will premiere on Starz in 2014. The series adaptation for Outlander will be written by Ronald D. Moore, best known for his work on Battlestar Galactica. Diana Gabaldon, who wrote the series, is heavily involved and even took questions from press at New York Comic Con last month with Moore at her side. The eighth installment of the Outlander series is slated to be released this fall. The series, if you"ve never read it, "spans the genres of romance, science fiction, history and adventure in one grandiose tale," according to a Starz press release. "It follows the story of Claire Randall, a married combat nurse from 1945 who is mysteriously swept back in time to 1743, where she is immediately thrown into an unknown world where her life is threatened. When she is forced to marry Jamie Fraser, a chivalrous and romantic young Scottish warrior, a passionate affair is ignited that tears Claire"s heart between two vastly different men in two irreconcilable lives."

robboDate: Thursday, 07 Nov 2013, 01:43 | Message # 668
" American Horror Story " Season 4. FX Confirms 2014 Renewal. Shock of shocks, FX has decided to order a fourth season of its most buzzworthy hit "American Horror Story" just four episodes into Its witchy third season, "Coven" The Ryan Murphy horror-drama will return in 2014 for another round of 13 episodes, but what spooky setting will the showrunners conjure up this time ? Additional shock of shocks, we won"t know anything about the setting of "American Horror Story" season 4 for some time to come, though series creator Ryan Murphy previously mentioned we"d likely see a clue to the subsequent season in the final shot of "Coven" early next year. Series star Jessica Lange has also spoken about her commitment to a fourth season, though additional years beyond may not be in the picture. Every year, they create a riveting and brilliant new miniseries. "AHS Coven" is the best yet, and I have no doubt that the next installment will be even better" It"s most successful season to date, averaging 7.74 million viewers, "Coven" will wrap up its arc on January 29 of 2014, presumably returning in the fall. "American Horror Story" season 4 will also presumably return a number of franchise stars beside Jessica Lange.

robboDate: Friday, 08 Nov 2013, 02:08 | Message # 669
Danny Masterson and Kris Lemche To Guest Star on "Haven" SyFy"s Haven is welcoming two very talented guest stars to an upcoming new episode. We just got word that Danny Masterson and Kris Lemche will guest star on the hit series this fall. The duo are set to appear in the episode slated to air Friday, November 22nd. " In the cross-over episode, titled "A Shot in the Dark," Haven"s season-long social media storyline makes the jump to the small screen when the Darkside Seekers, a duo of paranormal investigators who star in their own low-budget TV reality show, pay the town of Haven a visit to investigate reports of a murder victim missing a heart. The Darkside Seekers are on a mission to expose Haven"s secrets after hearing numerous tales about the troubles and the strange, hushed up occurrences that have been plaguing the town for years.

robboDate: Friday, 08 Nov 2013, 02:39 | Message # 670
Robert Rodriguez"s " From Dusk Till Dawn " Becoming a TV Series. The 1996 Robert Rodriguez cult vampire movie From Dusk Till Dawn is getting a 10-episode television series on the newly created Rodriguez TV channel the El Rey Network. said continuation of the film (which also has a prequel and sequel) is described as a "supernatural crime saga" which will expand upon the original. " The series deepens the tone of the film, adds new characters and backstories, and expands the Mesoamerican mythology behind the vampires, " the creators announced in a release. Rodriguez will direct the first two episodes and be on hand as an executive producer and Don Johnson who played Earl McGraw will be reprising his role. Not coming back ? The original Seth (George Clooney) and Richie Gecko (Quentin Tarantino), those parts will be played by D. J. Cotrona and Zane Holtz. From Dusk Till Dawn. The Series is currently in the filming stage with the El Rey Network set to launch next month.

robboDate: Friday, 08 Nov 2013, 03:31 | Message # 671
The CW Developing "IZombie" More DC TV With "Veronica Mars" Creator Rob Thomas. You may have heard that Marvel had a minor announcement concerning the future of their TV properties this morning, but following DC"s earlier venture of a CW "Hourman" It seems The CW has yet another DC-related property to throw on the pile, this time with Zombies ! The network has ordered a pilot for "IZombie" from "Veronica Mars" creator Rob Thomas, but what is DC"s latest venture all about ? Based on the DC Comics " Vertigo imprint of the same name, "IZombie" is a supernatural crime procedural that follows a medical student- turned-Zombie, Who takes a job in the coroner"s office to gain access the sweet, delicious brains needed to keep her humanity. Each brain also allows her to experience the corpse"s memories, teaming with her medical examiner boss and a detective to solve homicide cases, and ultimately quiet the disturbing voices in her mind. Deadline first reported the news, notably that Thomas will partner with his "Veronica Mars" movie co-writer Diane Ruggiero. Both will executive produce, alongside frequent Thomas collaborators Danielle Stokdyk and Dan Etheridge, through Warner Bros. TV. "IZombie" marks the latest comic property to emerge through Warner Bros. TV, following the most recent announcements of "Hourman" "Constantine" and "Gotham"

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 10 Nov 2013, 02:04 | Message # 672
Group: Administrators
The second official BBC One trailer for the Doctor Who 50th Anniversary Special, The Day of the Doctor.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 11 Nov 2013, 03:17 | Message # 673
Downton Abbey Gets A Fifth Season Order. I haven"t caught on to the wonder that is this fabulous export, but according to reports this evening, ITV have officially commissioned a fifth series of the popular period drama Downton Abbey. The series will begin shooting in 2014 for an air date later next year. The show, which is written by Julian Fellowes, has proven to be extremely popular in the United States where it airs on PBS, it has also gone down well on home turf, pulling in 10 million plus viewers every week on ITV1. The fourth season concluded here this evening, but a Christmas episode planned for the festive period. US viewers will be able to view the fourth season from the 5th January 2014. Fellowes will return to pen the new series.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013, 00:30 | Message # 674
Group: Administrators
The CW has picked up full seasons of all three of its freshman series: The Originals, The Tomorrow People and Reign.

Explained CW president Mark Pedowitz: “In just a few seasons, we have built a much stronger primetime schedule. Our on-air ratings are up year to year, and our digital viewing continues to grow exponentially. We’re excited about the creative momentum the producers have established for all three of our new series, and now our fans will have the chance to see the full stories unfold for them this season. With the additional episodes ordered, plus two new dramas and new reality for midseason, we’ll be able to continue our commitment to adding more original programming all year long.”

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 12 Nov 2013, 00:56 | Message # 675
fantastic news from The CW regarding their new shows really pleased for them, The CW network seems to be getting stronger with their new shows, and of course with their flag bearer show Arrow which will surely secure a season three, things are looking up for The CW network.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 45 of 119«124344454647118119»
Search: