[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 44 of 119«124243444546118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 28 Oct 2013, 12:53 | Message # 646
Group: Friends
I will be watching Dracula.
I don't know what Grimm is about - is it a fairytale? That is what the subject suggests.  Although we know that a new series relating to an old subject is usually jazzed up with detectives and baddies incorporated in to it.  It could be just another, another another, another?

robboDate: Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013, 03:56 | Message # 647
# 646  Not watched Dracula yet Kevin but yeah gonna see what its like, as for Grimm its quite good its in its third season now, just watched the first episode of season 3, its a supernatural, fantasy, horror drama, Detective Burkhardt as in the title he is a Grimm, he sees mythological creatures only he can see and no one else can, its different the creatures or characters are inspired by Grimm`s Fairy Tales, but yeah its good little show, the police officer out of TSCC  is in it Sasha Roiz.

robboDate: Tuesday, 29 Oct 2013, 23:54 | Message # 648
`The Walking Dead` Renewed For Fifth Season By AMC. The Walking Dead has been renewed for a fifth season. AMC announced that the zombie drama - starring Andrew Lincoln as Rick Grimes - will return, with Scott Gimple continuing as showrunner. `We are very happy to make what has to be one of the most anti-climactic renewal announcements ever. The Walking Dead is renewed for a fifth season,`said AMC president Charlie Collier on Tuesday October 29. `This is a show that has erased traditional distinctions between cable and broadcast. `Its expanding base of passionate fans has grown every season, most recently - and most notably - with the season four premiere earlier this month, which broke viewership records for the series and became the biggest non-sports telecast in cable history. `On behalf of the incredible team on both sides of the camera, thank you to the fans and here`s to more dead,` The Walking Dead airs on Sundays at 9/8c on AMC, and is broadcast on Fridays on FOX in the UK. well that was no surprise getting a fifth season great news for all the fans of The Walking Dead.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013, 12:40 | Message # 649
#648 @GunnerGale - Gale Anne Hurd talks a lot about it on Twitter and tells us what is happening.  She's also a big UK football fan - I believe she supports Arsenal - hence her name GunnerGale (Arsenal meaning a store for guns and bullets and that is the name of her fav. football team in London - (Just in case nobody knew that)).
She is in to American sport too - so, all in all, she is a 'fit bird' - (or 'fit chic' if you Americans prefer that).

#647 So he was, the episode was 1_2 Gnothi Seauton, he is a policeman in that.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013, 19:24

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013, 18:51 | Message # 650
# 518 I should have looked at the preview for 'The Tomorrow People' sooner.  I think I'll try and find a way to watch it from the beginning.

[edit add] It does not appear to be showing in the UK. Has anyone here seen it?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013, 18:55

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013, 19:12 | Message # 651
# 547 If it comes our way, I'll check it out.

robboDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 2013, 03:01 | Message # 652
# 518  Kevin so far so good with The Tomorrow People, seen the first three episodes and I really like the show, I use to like the Original British TV series of The Tomorrow People from the 70s, but I must admit this remake of the show from Julie Plec is very good, she also has another new show called The Originals.

robboDate: Thursday, 31 Oct 2013, 03:34 | Message # 653
# 649  Didn`t really know that Kevin about Gunnergale being a big football fan in the UK, shame about the team like Arsenal - just joking I wonder if she is an armchair supporter or an Internet supporter or a true fan and travels to the matches, home and away, I know I use to a few years back, yes she does look like a `fit bird` indeed she looks like a very charming lady.

robboDate: Friday, 01 Nov 2013, 02:25 | Message # 654
`Babylon 5` Freed UKTV`s  Watch Channel Picks Up All Five Seasons From Warner Bros. Babylon 5 is returning to UK television. UKTV has sealed a deal with Warner Bros. International Television Distribution to acquire all five seasons `110 episodes` of the series and six Babylon 5 TV movies `The Gathering` In the Beginning` Thirdspace` The River Of Souls` A Call To Arms` and `The Legend Of The Rangers`for their Watch channel. The series is slated to air on weekdays on Watch in the 5pm time-slot, beginning Monday November 4th. Created by J. Michael Straczynski, Babylon 5 is set between the years 2258-2281 and is set on the Earthforce space station Babylon 5. The deal between UKTV and WB comes after an extensive fan campaign to see Babylon 5 return to television, That campaign, dubbed Free Babylon 5, has amassed a group of devoted fans who have sent 4,139 Tweets using the hashtag #FreeBabylon 5 and 2, 780 have liked the dedicated facebook page. They`ve even handed out bespoke merchandise at events and held auctions to fund their mission.

robboDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 2013, 00:30 | Message # 655
Chris Carter`s Pilot The After Gets The Go-Ahead From Amazon. Amazon greenlights pilot for Chris Carter`s new sci-fi pilot The After. Depending on the reaction to the pilot, Amazon may or may not green-light an entire series, which would represent Carter`s first return to TV since the cancellation of The X-Files in 2002, According to Deadline, `The After` follows eight strangers who are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation`Beyond this vague plot description, very little is known, Carter has stated `I`m very superstitious about talking about what I`m working on before it`s finished, and it`s more fun if it`s kept a mystery` So let me just say that this is a show that explores human frailty, possibility, terror, and the triumph of the human spirit, I`m so excited to be telling this story with Amazon in this new frontier of television` The After stars `Sharon Lawrence, Jamie Kennedy, Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard, Arielle Kebbel, Jaina Lee Ortiz, Adrian Pasdar, and Louise Monot,

robboDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 2013, 02:18 | Message # 656
The Client List - Cancelled By Lifetime. There will be no happy ending for Jennifer Love Hewitt, Or no more happy endings, at least. Lifetime has cancelled The Client List after two seasons, the network confirmed today, with sources telling Deadline it was a mutual decision arrived at by both Lifetime and Sony Pictures TV. The Client List garnered 2.7 million viewers for its Season 2 premiere, but fell to 2 million by the finale, However, insiders allege that the axe was actually dropped because Jennifer Love Hewitt - who stars and serves as a producer on the series - clashed with higher-ups over her desire for real-life fiance Brian Hallisay to also portray her character`s baby daddy on air. It also helped Lifetime make the move because it has recently launched a pair of successful new dramas. `Devious Maids and Witches Of East End.

John85Date: Saturday, 02 Nov 2013, 10:13 | Message # 657
Quote robbo ()
Chris Carter`s Pilot The After Gets The Go-Ahead From Amazon. Amazon greenlights pilot for Chris Carter`s new sci-fi pilot The After. Depending on the reaction to the pilot, Amazon may or may not green-light an entire series, which would represent Carter`s first return to TV since the cancellation of The X-Files in 2002, According to Deadline, `The After` follows eight strangers who are thrown together by mysterious forces and must help each other survive in a violent world that defies explanation`Beyond this vague plot description, very little is known, Carter has stated `I`m very superstitious about talking about what I`m working on before it`s finished, and it`s more fun if it`s kept a mystery` So let me just say that this is a show that explores human frailty, possibility, terror, and the triumph of the human spirit, I`m so excited to be telling this story with Amazon in this new frontier of television` The After stars `Sharon Lawrence, Jamie Kennedy, Aldis Hodge, Andrew Howard, Arielle Kebbel, Jaina Lee Ortiz, Adrian Pasdar, and Louise Monot,

I wish it was coming to Netflix, the problem with Amazon is its making people have to pay for both Netflix & Amazon prime Subscriptions but since HBO is losing ground to Netflix & Amazon it might be worth it to pay for both.

With Netflix having more Subscribers than HBO, Showtime & Starz the future is in Netflix & Amazon.
Customers cant choose what movies HBO shows while on Netflix you choose what you want to see & you get exclusive shows & you get to watch recent TV shows that aired & great ones that were cancelled.

With HBO they probally have alot of people subscribing just for the exclusives but dont watch much of the movies because their not the ones they want to watch & they replay alot of the same ones.
So then people switch to Netflix & download the HBO exclusive shows instead.

At some point HBO & Showtime could go the way of Blockbuster & Video stores which were replaced by Redbox.
More & more people are finding out you can discover awesome past/recent TV shows on Netflix that they never saw before.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 02 Nov 2013, 14:06 | Message # 658
Hello guys. I thought this might be worth a mention.
On my Laptop, I have attached a white label sticker and written things I need to remember. (Not passwords).
Eg. who is -6 bst in Illinois, & who is -5 in New York etc.
You might find it useful to do that and then write;
'There' = over there
'Their' = refers to a person (when you are talking about a person).
For some reason, spellcheck is unable to detect this.

Regarding above 2 postings.  I was asked to subscribe to Netflix and gave it a trial run but soon discovered that everything is either repeats or shows currently airing on SKY TV UK, which has far more to see and is much better when viewed on a TV screen.
I don't know about Amazon (are they the same as Amazon.co.uk or Amazon.com, which I have both used for buying goods?)
They too would need to be fairly cheap and offer a wide range of shows such as Arrow when it shows on the CW at the same time.
Things like that before I am even tempted and they would also have to offer crisp pictures that are error free on a big screen TV.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 02 Nov 2013, 14:11

robboDate: Sunday, 03 Nov 2013, 04:30 | Message # 659
The CW developing a series based on pulp hero The Avenger. The CW is looking to branch out with its costumed crime-fighting output beyond the hit series `Arrow` and its proposed spin-off `The Flash, with Deadline revealing that Under The Dome showrunner Neal Baer is developing a pilot for a new show based around the pulp hero `The Avenger. According to the report, the series ` is described as an updated Biopunk version of The Avenger and tells the story of Alice Benson, a young woman who, in the wake of her parents` murder, discovers she possesses a superpower as a result of genetic bio-hacking which allows her to transform her appearance at will, Alice will use her face-altering talents to investigate the mystery of her parents deaths and uncover the origins of her strange ability, ` This updates the original story, which centred on Richard Benson, a millionaire who becomes a crime fighter after the murder of his wife Alicia and daughter Alice. The pilot for the currently untitled series has been written by Deric Hughes and Bejamin Raab `Warehouse 13` while the project is being produced by Baer Bones, Conde Nast Entertainment and CBS TV Studios.

robboDate: Monday, 04 Nov 2013, 02:06 | Message # 660
J. Michael Straczynski On His Netflix Series Sense8.  With original offerings such as House Of Cards, the fourth season of Arrested Development, Orange Is The New Black, and Eli Roth"s Hemlock Grove, Netflix has been the toast of pop culture over the last year, The online streaming service is the pinnacle of online TV and attracts the best of the best in movies and TV, One of Netflix"s more exciting projects in the works is Sense8, a science fiction series from J. Michael Straczynski and the Wachowskis. Sense8 - surrounds eight people with different backgrounds who spontaneously develop the ability to connect with each other telepathically, Straczynski explained how he got involved with the new series and why the Wachowskis wanted to create something new for television instead of returning to the big screen after the release of Cloud Atlas, Straczynski told Comic Book Resources Honestly, Sense8 could be a spiritual spinoff or companion to Cloud Atlas. Both stories examine how a small connection can branch off into something bigger and more important, Like Cloud Atlas, Sense8 appears to be a global series and will most likely begin with no individuals discovering their new powers and then slowly coming together from all around the world in the course of one season, Thankfully, with Netflix, we can watch all of the first season in one convenient binge-watching session. Straczynski also confirmed that Sense8 would be an international TV series with characters and locations from all around the globe.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 44 of 119«124243444546118119»
Search: