menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013, 23:16 | Message # 631
Group: Friends
ABC`s  `Body Of Proof` To Return For Fourth Season. Could procedural Body Of Proof be making a return to ABC after initially being cancelled by the network this past May. Deadline is reporting that ABC is looking to revive the series and that talks with ABC Studios have been underway since September, with a final decision expected to be reached by next month. The attempted resurrection may prove to be problematic as the cast and crew of the series have since moved onto other projects. The reported move to attempt to bring the series back comes as ABC`s new drama series have failed to click with audiences, with the average audience of the third season of Body Of Proof outperforming many recent additions such as `Betrayal` and `Once Upon A Time In Wonderland, The cancellation of the series back in May had been a surprise as, despite so-so ratings, Body Of Proof has been a big seller for ABC Studios global sales division Disney Media Distribution. Should the series make a return it would be good news for UK broadcaster Alibi who, under the terms of an existing deal with DMD, would hold the rights to season 4.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 23 Oct 2013, 23:54 | Message # 632
Yes Robbo # 631 above.  I watched every episode and enjoyed it.  I like the daughter/mother/grandmother relationship too and occasionally got to see a small part TSCC character turn up every now and again.

robboDate: Thursday, 24 Oct 2013, 00:31 | Message # 633
# 632  sorry kevin, not seen this show Body Of Proof unfortunately, but I will have a look and see what its all about, must be interesting if the network ABC are trying to revive the show. TSCC character interesting.

robboDate: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 00:41 | Message # 634
NBC To Reboot `Murder, She Wrote` With Star Octavia Spencer. As proof that we are in the midst of the true age of reboots, NBC announced today that the studio will be rebooting the classic Angela Lansbury detective series Murder, She Wrote handing the starring role to Academy Award-winning actress Octavia Spencer `The Help` Despite NBC`s recent streak of failed reboots of classic TV shows - The Munsters, The Rockford Files, and the recently-cancelled Ironside - We`d normally recommend caution, but with Spencer in the lead, the network seems determined to make it a reality. Spencer explained `I`ve always considered myself an armchair detective and in a recent meeting with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt, he asked me what type of character would be able to lure me to TV, Naturally, I said `J.B. Fletcher`meets `Columbo` And here we are. `I`m ecstatic to have the opportunity to work with Dave Janollari again, and Alex Cunningham a brilliant writer who shares my love for all things mysterious and Angela Lansbury` Apparently, NBC is interested in making Angela Lansbury a part of the show in some capacity, but no further details are available.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 00:49 | Message # 635
NBC have lost it. They seem be run by a load of hasbeen fuddy duddies that should have retired years ago.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 01:12

John85Date: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 01:07 | Message # 636
Quote robbo ()
NBC To Reboot `Murder, She Wrote` With Star Octavia Spencer. As proof that we are in the midst of the true age of reboots, NBC announced today that the studio will be rebooting the classic Angela Lansbury detective series Murder, She Wrote handing the starring role to Academy Award-winning actress Octavia Spencer `The Help` Despite NBC`s recent streak of failed reboots of classic TV shows - The Munsters, The Rockford Files, and the recently-cancelled Ironside - We`d normally recommend caution, but with Spencer in the lead, the network seems determined to make it a reality. Spencer explained `I`ve always considered myself an armchair detective and in a recent meeting with NBC chairman Bob Greenblatt, he asked me what type of character would be able to lure me to TV, Naturally, I said `J.B. Fletcher`meets `Columbo` And here we are. `I`m ecstatic to have the opportunity to work with Dave Janollari again, and Alex Cunningham a brilliant writer who shares my love for all things mysterious and Angela Lansbury` Apparently, NBC is interested in making Angela Lansbury a part of the show in some capacity, but no further details are available.

I didnt know they tried remaking the Munsters. I guess their ad campaign for it wasnt succesful.
I wonder if they casted Ted Danson as Herman Munster.
During the Murder She Wrote era there was also MacGyver, that I heard is also being rebooted or something.

The rockford files failed reboot, interesting because a Canadian version of it is in its 5 season, Republic of Doyle(the accents make it sound more like Republic of Ireland) set in New Foundland is like the Rockford files from what I hear & they even had some from Rockford files guest star in there.
From what I read Newfoundland island is founded by Irish, scottish immigrants in Canada & they mostly still have their accents.

I know of this because Laura Mennell is gonna be on new episode of Republic of Doyle next wednesday smile Other past guest stars on Republic of Doyle include Warehouse13's Joanne Kelly, Alphas Kathleen Munroe(4eps)
The chief from season 1 of Haven has been in it for several episodes including next weeks.

It will be interesting to see if Laura Mennell does an Irish (NewFoundland) accent on Republic of Doyle.

I'm on twitter @LMennellFans & @JP_1085

Message edited by John85 - Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 01:09

robboDate: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 02:12 | Message # 637
# 636  John85, going back many moons ago I used to watch the original Munsters, when it was shown over in the UK it was quite funny with a bit of horror-comedy, Fred Gwynne as Herman and the beautiful Yvonne De Carlo as his wife Lily, As for the Rockford Files never really appealed to me I think James Garner was in the original not to sure on that one, I have never seen Republic Of Doyle so not sure if its been shown in the UK it doesn`t ring a bell, great news for yourself that Laura Mennell is gonna make a guest appearance, I like Haven so I remember chief Wuornos its a decent show Haven, next Wednesday Laura Mennell will give you your answer if she changes her accent, nice accent Irish.

RA-TheRuggedManDate: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 02:26 | Message # 638
Yep your right robbo it was James Garner!
Although I liked him better in films rather than tv shows.

The Most Beautiful Woman In The World!

Message edited by RA-TheRuggedMan - Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 02:27

robboDate: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 03:08 | Message # 639
RA- TheRuggedMan Thanks, now I remember him he was the guy in a film called Marlowe, because their was a certain young guy called Bruce Lee who had a small part in the film,  I use to love Bruce Lee that`s why I thought James Garner, soon as you wrote you liked him in films, I thought of Marlowe with Bruce Lee being in the film. mind you I`m going back a few years with that film.

John85Date: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 14:37 | Message # 640
Quote robbo ()
# 636  John85, going back many moons ago I used to watch the original Munsters, when it was shown over in the UK it was quite funny with a bit of horror-comedy, Fred Gwynne as Herman and the beautiful Yvonne De Carlo as his wife Lily, As for the Rockford Files never really appealed to me I think James Garner was in the original not to sure on that one, I have never seen Republic Of Doyle so not sure if its been shown in the UK it doesn`t ring a bell, great news for yourself that Laura Mennell is gonna make a guest appearance, I like Haven so I remember chief Wuornos its a decent show Haven, next Wednesday Laura Mennell will give you your answer if she changes her accent, nice accent Irish.

I watched the original munsters when I was a kid & they aired reruns on TV.
Ted Danson from Cheers is the only person I can picture playing Herman in a reboot.
Robin Williams as Grampa, Famke Janssen as Lily & Elisha Cuthbert as their niece.

Do you remember Kathleen Munroe in Haven as Fraudry Parker ? It was cool seeing her in Alphas & now Haven.
Like Summer Glau & Laura Mennell, Kathleen shows up in alot of shows.
Here they are together: Summer, Kathleen, Azita, Laura.

Summer, Kathleen, Azita, Laura - Alphas Cast Dining Party - March 3, 2013

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 15:51 | Message # 641
Group: Administrators
Quote John85 ()
Here they are together: Summer, Kathleen, Azita, Laura.

I edited your post because the image wasn't displayed correctly. You need to include the url of the image and not the image host container.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

John85Date: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 18:09 | Message # 642
Quote chrisdvanne ()
I edited your post because the image wasn't displayed correctly. You need to include the url of the image and not the image host container.

Sorry. Didnt notice it.

robboDate: Friday, 25 Oct 2013, 23:59 | Message # 643
# 640 John85, nice list for a reboot of The Munsters its a shame it didn`t get a chance to get picked up by one of the other networks, yes I do recall the character Fraudry Parker `Kathleen Munroe` in Haven, and yes as you say she was really great in Alphas as well, god I miss that show I thought Alphas deserved a season three, another cliff hanger as usual its becoming the norm, with shows these days, Amazing picture of four beautiful woman and very talented actresses as well, having a get together and a bit of Girlie time, with a few drinks good for them. I don`t know whether its me or not but Azita always reminds me of Eliza Dushku, or do I need my eyes testing.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 26 Oct 2013, 22:04 | Message # 644
#643 Yes (your last sentence). Oops I mean Yes, she does look like her.

robboDate: Monday, 28 Oct 2013, 04:39 | Message # 645
Friday Ratings `Grimm` Return Rises, `Dracula` Debut Decent. NBC topped the preliminary 18-49 demo ratings on Friday night, while CBS attracted the most viewers. on NBC, the season premiere of Grimm was up two tenths from last year`s Friday opener to 1.8 `6.13m` at 9pm. Dracula`s season premiere achieved a 1.8 score `5.28m` at 10pm, which is the network`s highest in-season rating in the slot since January. On CBS, Undercover Boss dipped two to 1.6 `8.58m` at 8pm, Hawaii Five-O stayed at 1.4 `9.32m` at 9pm, while Blue Bloods matched last week`s 1.3 `11.02m at 10pm.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: