[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 37 of 119«123536373839118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 17 Sep 2013, 20:48 | Message # 541
Group: Friends
And of course you know who she is? right? Remember?

robboDate: Friday, 20 Sep 2013, 02:09 | Message # 542
Marvel`s `Agent Carter` Is Being Developed For The Small Screen. Last we heard, Marvel was interested in spinning off `Hayley Atwell`s` Agent Peggy Carter into something else. It was thought it might be more Marvel One Shot type shorts`or possibly her own movie, but it looks like Agent Carter may return in her own television show. That`s the word from Deadline, who note that Marvel is being very secretive about the project, though they were inspired by the short that will be included on the upcoming `Iron Man 3` Blu-ray release. We talked to Louis D`Esposito about the character, and he had this to say about a possible spin-off. `Listen, we know this isn`t the last Peggy Carter story, we want to tell more because she`s so good. I remember when we first met her to play the role of Peggy Carter, and I was with Joe Johnston and we were in London and you try to keep a poker face, but I couldn`t hide and Joe couldn`t hide our feelings. `She`s the one` She`s the one. Though we`d be a little happier with Carter getting her own movie, this speaks to Marvel`s empire-building. Currently their `Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.` is set to premiere next week, and if that works, then it looks like they`ll continue the brand with projects for both the big and small screen. Just as long as they get Hayley Atwell back, we`re in for this one.

robboDate: Saturday, 21 Sep 2013, 03:39 | Message # 543
Syfy Recruits Bryan Singer For `Pacific Rim`- Style Drama `Creature At Bay` All week long we`ve been talking about the hot movie franchises turning to TV to extend their longevity, though in the case of Syfy and `X-Men` director Bryan Singer`s latest co-venture, we only need a dash of something monstrous. Singer will helm a Kaiju-themed monster drama pilot for Syfy titled `Creature At Bay` putting a new twist on the monster destruction genre for an ongoing series. According to Deadline, Singer will executive produced the drama with production company Bad Hat Harry, to be written by Warner Bros. sci-fi digital series `H-Plus` co-creator John Cabrera. Rather than battle giant monsters however a La `Pacific Rim` Creature At Bay` will take place in the wake of the United States military taking down a giant `Kaiju ` monster off the Northern California coast of a small town. Acting as a central protagonist to the drama will be a middle-management undersecretary tasked by the California Emergency Management Agency to lead the clean-up efforts of the giant creature, as the small town at the center of the story becomes the focus of the entire world`s interest. As with many Syfy productions, `Creature At Bay` will first produce a 90-minute drama pilot script, before the network makes a decision to greenlight filming, or order additional episodes.

robboDate: Monday, 23 Sep 2013, 03:11 | Message # 544
`Orphan Black` Does BBC Three`s New US Import Live Up To The Hype. Orphan Black comes to BBC Three amidst a ton of hype - with Its first season having originally aired on BBC America earlier this year, the show, and particularly Its leading lady `Tatiana Maslany, have received huge critical acclaim, with some even campaigning for Maslany to receive an Emmy nod for her performance`s`but now that the show`s arrived on these shores some months later, does It live up to the hype or Is this a case of Inflated expectations leading to disappointment. Well Orphan Black the scripts are solid, with plenty of humour to balance out the tension, and are brought to life by a likeable cast. With yet another doppelganger popping up In episode two`s final scene - as Sarah understandably Laments `Bloody Hell - How Many Of Us Are There`- there`s also the promise of many sc-fi thrills to come. An Impressive start then - I look forward to watching this promising and Inventive new series expand Its horizons and further explore Its characters In the coming weeks. Orphan Black continues on Fridays at 9pm on BBC Three in the UK.

robboDate: Monday, 23 Sep 2013, 23:08 | Message # 545
`Bates Motel` Opens Big For Universal Channel, A-E`s drama series Bates Motel pulled in big numbers for its UK series premiere on the Universal Networks International owned and operated Universal Channel on Thursday September 12th. Per consolidated figures, the series debut of `Bates Motel` pulled in 340k viewers, up some 131k viewers or 63 per-cent on the initial overnight audience of 209k viewers. With those figures, which are up by nearly 400 per-cent on the channel`s 12 month slot-average, `Bates Motel` outperformed other recent premieres such as `Major Crimes 229k viewers` and `Motive 212k viewers` to become Universal`s highest rated debut since `Harry`s Law` and its 0.47 million viewers in 2011.

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 Sep 2013, 01:34 | Message # 546
Anthony Stewart Head Cast In Dominion Pilot. Buffy and Merlin`s Anthony Stewart Head joins SyFy`s Dominion pilot. `Dominion` the SyFy show based on Scott Stewart`s angel action movie Legion, has cast Buffy veteran Anthony Stewart Head in its pilot. Head joins Alan Dale, Roxanne McKee `Game Of Thrones, Luke Allen-Gale and Shivani Ghai in the pilot which is set 25 years after the events of the film, in which Paul Bettany`s machine gun-toting angel Michael defended a diner containing Dennis Quaid, Tyrese Gibson and Lucas Black against the heavenly host. Deadline breaks down the casting as follows. `Head will play the president of the Senate of Vega, one of the few cities left standing, McKee is the closest thing Vega has to a princess. Allen-Gale is the scion of Vega`s other ruling family, Ghai guests as a foreign diplomat`

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 Sep 2013, 02:34 | Message # 547
CW Saddles Up For Sci -Fi Western, The team behind CBS`s The Mentalist is looking to abandon Earth for Mars, as Deadline reports series creator Bruno Heller and executive producer Tom Szentgyorgyi are developing a sci-fi Western for the CW called `Red` According to the site, `Red is described as a neo-western drama about the first human settlement on Mars and life on this new frontier, centering on the relationships between the town`s female sheriff, a doctor and a criminal` Szentgyorgyi is working on the script and will produce the show alongside Heller.

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 Sep 2013, 23:49 | Message # 548
`Orphan Black` Begins Production On Season Two. Production on the second season of Orphan Black has begun. The sci-fi series stars Tatiana Maslany, who in season one portrayed seven different characters, and had the highest original series debut ever for space. `Season 2 continues to build on the excitement with creators Graeme Manson and John Fawcett leading us further into a labyrinth of twists, turns, and surprises. `We look forward to another exciting season with our partners Temple Street Productions and BBC America, and can`t wait for more note-perfect performances from the cast, including the outstanding Tatiana Maslany` The second season kicks off with Sarah `Maslany` desperately trying to find her missing daughter. As she gets closer to her own origin story, several mysterious newcomers appear, but nobody can be trusted.

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Sep 2013, 00:39 | Message # 549
`Homeland` Season 3  UK Airdate Confirmed As October 6. Channel 4 has announced that Homeland`s third season will premiere in the UK next month. The award-winning drama - starring `Damian Lewis`and `Claire Danes`- will return on Sunday, October 6 at 9pm. It will premiere on Showtime in the US on Sunday, September 29. Homeland triumphed at the 2013 Primetime Emmys on Sunday night`September 22` with Danes taking home the `Leading Actress in a Drama Series`award for the second year running and writer Henry Bromell being recognised for his work on season two.

robboDate: Thursday, 26 Sep 2013, 23:21 | Message # 550
`Boardwalk Empire` Season 5. HBO Renews For 2014. HBO period gangster drama `Boardwalk Empire` may not have stolen the show at this past Sunday`s 2013 Emmy Awards, but that isn`t stopping the premium cable channel from getting into bed with Nucky Thompson for another year. `Boardwalk Empire` will officially return for a fifth season in 2014, announced just three episodes into season 4, but what can we expect from the fifth round. For the moment, precious few details of `Boardwalk Empire` season 5 have been made available by the cable giant, It will return in the fall of 2014 for another 12-episode run. `Boardwalk Empire` continues to act as a source of prestige for the network, averaging 7.5 million viewers and airing its fourth episode of the new season, `All In` this coming Sunday September 29.

robboDate: Friday, 27 Sep 2013, 00:58 | Message # 551
Fox Will Air `Gotham` TV Show Exploring History Of Batman`s  Commissioner Gordon. Just what is DC doing, Warner Bros. TV and The Mentalist creator Bruno Heller have just made a deal with Fox for the channel to order Gotham, a show that will explore the backstory of James Gordon, aka commissioner Gordon of Batman fame. In addition to going into Gordon`s early days, it will `also look at the villains who made Gotham City famous` Since the modern Batman timeline conceptualizes the rise of those villains as a result of Batman`s activity, will we see shadows of the Batman in the show, Nope, based on what we know. Instead, the show finds Gordon working as a detective, possibly prior to Batman`s appearance, and we don`t know how the stories of other villains will factor in. Heller is scripting the pilot and exec producing, Variety says Fox has given the show a series commitment, which means there`s a pretty strong confidence in the show. That`s for a good reason, as anything with even a whiff of Batman on it will likely arouse great media and audience interest.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 27 Sep 2013, 01:50 | Message # 552
Hello robbo. Personally I find it annoying that TSCC could be cancelled 5 years ago and now FOX decide to introduce Batman.
IMO the first thing that comes to mind is the Batman of old, with mauve tights and Robin's camp attire. WHAM, BOOF, etc.
but most of all the mere fact that Arrow is on the CW channel, means FOX want to get in on the act and try to outdo Arrow on the strength of the Dark Knight Rises. (I assume Dark Knight = Batman? It does not appeal to me).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 30 Oct 2013, 19:01

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 27 Sep 2013, 02:07 | Message # 553
Post #550 above robbo. I personally wish I had seen Boardwalk Empire from the beginning. Perhaps I will get the chance. Nothing worse than coming in halfway through.
I have been watching The Mob Doctor from the beginning. I quite like it. The idea for plotlines are quite clever. For instance, the lady doctor, whose father is a Mob Boss, was shot at in the last episode, she was able to get her back on the gangster through a cunning plan, which I will not reveal here, in case you want to see it yourself.
(So you see, I am not a killjoy when it comes to giving away storylines haha - it stands to reason that a daughter of a Mobster would be shot at, so I don't think I'm spoiling anything there).

robboDate: Friday, 27 Sep 2013, 02:25 | Message # 554
Hello Kevin, It supposed to be pretty good `Boardwalk Empire` but no I have not seen one episode either It must be a good show, with getting renewed for a fifth season, I would have to watch the show from the beginning just to see what the storyline is all about, not seen The Mob Doctor.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 27 Sep 2013, 02:32 | Message # 555
Hiya robbo post #549. Yep Homeland. As I said before, I never thought I would like it but I do. Claire Danes is indeed a draw, she is as good in that as she was playing Temple Grandin, for which she received an award for an outstanding performance of a brilliant but troubled woman. A bit like aspergers Cameron, haha but the opposite, if you know what I mean.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 37 of 119«123536373839118119»
Search: