menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 21:28 | Message # 496
Group: Administrators
Quote (chrisdvanne)
As an aside, the author of the article at THR mentions that Summer Glau guest starred in Battlestar Galactica, which is wrong, obviously. But maybe she wanted to say "Former Dollhouse guest" instead. I mentioned it to her politely.

The article has been fixed now and Battlestar Galactica has been replaced by Dollhouse, as I suggested.

I guess the author of the article detected the error by herself because I haven't received a thank you from her tongue

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 21:34 | Message # 497
Group: Friends
`veronica mars` star jason dohring joins `the tomorrow people` veronica mars star jason dohring will play a guest role on `the tomorrow people` the new CW series is loosely based on the classic ITV  sci-fi series which ran from 1973 to 1979. dohring will play killian mc`crane, a secret operative and former member of ultra - a paramilitary group that hunts `the tomorrow people` killian will appear in the fourth episode of the upcoming drama, which premieres on october 9 in the US.  31-year-old dohring is best known for playing logan on `veronica mars`- a role he recently reprised in the fan-funded film spinoff. could be really interesting this new series, might be a surprise package amongst the new shows this fall, might be one to keep an eye out for, only time will tell,

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 22:18 | Message # 498
Group: Administrators
Quote (robbo)
`veronica mars` star jason dohring joins `the tomorrow people`

While Jason Dohring is best known for playing Logan Echolls on 'Veronica Mars', I discovered him on the vampire series 'Moonlight', starring Hawaii Five-0's Alex O'Loughlin and Sophia Myles.

Funny thing about 'The Tomorrow People" is that its male lead, Robbie Amell, is none other than the cousin of Arrow's Stephen Amell.

The CW network has decided to take this opportunity to broadcast Arrow and The Tomorrow people back to back on Wednesdays and advertise the schedule as "Amell Wednesdays'.

Wednesday, October 9
8-9pm Arrow (Season Premiere)
9-10pm The Tomorrow People (Series Premiere)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 22:43 | Message # 499
the schedule for the CW network for that evening looks quite promising, yeah thats a cool title `amell wednesday`s` like that one, the ratings for the CW network will be quite interesting for the two shows, with `stephen amell` in arrow and `robbie amell` in the tomorrow people, should be popular for the girls with the two guys, as for the guys all eyes will be on the multi-talented and beautiful summer glau, upstaging the beautiful katie cassidy, very interesting,

robboDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 23:43 | Message # 500
while we await the latest details from `the walking dead` season 4, the next run of the AMC  horror-drama will introduce `the wire` star `lawrence gilliard, jr.` as comic character `bob stookey` and upgrade actors `chad coleman` sonequa martin-green and `emily kinney` to series regulars. AMC earlier confirmed that `david morrissey` would also return in season 4 as a series regular, while the series is confirmed to have begun casting three new roles exceptionally familiar to comic fans. `the walking dead` will premiere on october 13, 2013 and consist of 16 episodes.

robboDate: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 02:23 | Message # 501
CBS orders steven spielberg sci-fi drama `extant` for summer 2014. though critical reactions have run the gamut, there can be no denying that CBS struck it rich in adapting `stephen king`s `under the dome` for a summer series, whose ratings conclusively netted a second season. next summer, CBS will tap another `steven` for another potential hit, granting a series order to film legend `steven spielberg`s` sci-fi drama `extant` so, what mysteries does the 2014 series hold. already granted a straight-to-series order, `extant` is described by CBS as a futuristic thriller chronicling a female astronaut attempting to reconnect with her family after a year spent in outer space. her experiences apparently lead to events that will forever change the course of human history as we know it. `extant` is a very original concept with layers of humanity, mystery and surprise that reveal itself throughout the script, `CBS entertainment president `nina tassler` said in a press release. `our partnership with amblin for `under the dome` showed that viewers respond to high-quality event programming in the summer. we look forward to building on that with `extant`and offering CBS audiences another high-concept, unique event for summer television, the inaugural season of `extant` will consist of 13 episodes, according to reports. `spielberg, greg walker and mickey fisher, who wrote the script, will executive produce the drama along with `brooklyn weaver, justin falvey, and darryll frank. what do you think `steven spielberg` will bring to `extant` in summer 2014.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 08 Aug 2013, 09:07 | Message # 502
Well.  If they show it in the UK, I will get the opportunity to see it.  It's up to the TV execs in our country.
There are a number of shows that I'd like to see but they never get shown over here.

robboDate: Friday, 09 Aug 2013, 23:54 | Message # 503
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Well.  If they show it in the UK, I will get the opportunity to see it.  It's up to the TV execs in our country.
There are a number of shows that I'd like to see but they never get shown over here.
absolutely, the uk is terrible to busy lining their pockets, with all the crap they put on our screens, reality rubbish, soap suds, and constant repeats over and over again, our television is absolutely a disgrace and they have the cheek to charge us for a tv-licence, unbelievable, yes their is still a few i would like to see, sooner rather than later.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 10 Aug 2013, 00:07 | Message # 504
MY colleagues in America saw Nikita series 3 last year.  The first episode has only just been shown tonight on LivingTV.
I now find that Orphan Black will or might be shown on BBC3 (The channel where they show crap comedies etc.), once contracts are drawn up.  Yet, I know I keep saying this and sound like I'm always going on about it, Orphan Black was commission by BBC America, which was originally funded by the UK tax/licence fee payer and imo, should be shown over here last year and 'to hell with the contracts, rights etc., which I think is just another way of making money which goes towards paying the BBC fat cats and not improving our program quality.  We still get repeats on BBC1, Rodney and Del Boy for instance, which I have seen so many times I can tell you exactly what happens in every scene for the last 30 years.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 10 Aug 2013, 00:09

robboDate: Saturday, 10 Aug 2013, 00:33 | Message # 505
`hell on wheels` season 3 premiere. after a few production setbacks that nearly saw the series scrapped altogether, AMC`s transcontinental railroad drama `hell on wheels` finally returns for season 3 this saturday, august 10, as part of AMC`s big premiere weekend. the two-hour season 3 premiere `big bad wolf`/ `eminent domain` will pick up with `cullen bohannon` `anson mount` leading the transcontinental railroad effort, and we`ve got exclusive details of cullen, elam and thomas `doc`durant back in the saddle for another explosive ride. season 3 of the AMC period drama `hell on wheels` sees `cullen bohannon` leaving behind his quest for vengeance and re-investing in the new american landscape. picking up in 1867 with the transcontinental railroad`s third year, the new 10-episode run will feature the origins of big business, big religion, and the rise of wall street in the white house, all while bohannon leads the union pacific in a breakneck race for production against the central pacific railroad. `hell on wheels` season 3 will premiere in its new AMC timeslot tomorrow night, saturday, august 10 at 9.00 p.m. its a cracking show this one, well worth the watch, real gritty western style of the hardship times of the railroad, mind you not sure if season 2 has been shown in the uk yet,

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 10 Aug 2013, 00:43 | Message # 506
I had to imdb it rob.  Apparently it is s1,ep10 (2012), showing on ITV.  I will watch it and see how good it is.  The only name I recognise is Colm Meaney from Startrek, who I believe might have been the guy with the big ears, who for some unknown reason was able to pull lots of hotties? Hmnn, I'll have to think about that!

robboDate: Saturday, 10 Aug 2013, 01:06 | Message # 507
kevin,  i have seen season 1, it was on that film channel TCM on 317, on sky, but other than that i have not seen season 2 of `hell on wheels` just dont know what has happened to the show, i was quite surprised when a season 3 was advertised in a way that where the hell is season 2, i really enjoyed season 1, i thought it was a cracking little show, takes a bit of time to get involved with the story and what its all about, but its worth it as the series progresses,

robboDate: Tuesday, 13 Aug 2013, 01:02 | Message # 508
NBC`s `the michael j. fox show` offers first inside preview. though it seemed preposterous only a year ago, `back to the future` star `michael j. fox` will soon return to tv full time this fall with NBC`s  aptly titled `the michael j. fox show` the series itself won`t actually premiere until september 26, behind the `parks and recreation` season 6 debut, but NBC has offered up an inside look into the new series so the actor can speak in his words about the decision to return to the spotlight. for those unfamiliar with the series, `the michael j.fox show` sees the former `family ties` lead in the role of `mike henry` an NBC news anchor diagnosed with parkinson`s disease who makes the decision to return to work. `breaking bad` star betsy brandt portrays mike`s frustrated wife, annie henry, while the series also stars `the wire` vet wendell pierce as henry`s former boss. `anne heche recently joined the series as mike`s anchor rival susan rodriguez-jones. `the reason i`m doing the show now is because i`ve found myself working more the last few years, and enjoying it a lot, and finally coming to a realization that this is what i do, `says fox in the interview` `i have challenges that come with `parkinson`s, but my experience is to deal with things through humor` could be quite interesting this show, wouldn`t mind viewing it,  if it comes to our screens in the UK.

robboDate: Friday, 16 Aug 2013, 00:48 | Message # 509
`american horror story` season 3 was almost about charles manson. as far back as the end of `american horror story. asylum` last year, fans and followers of the `ryan murphy` FX horror drama had some inclination that the third season would lean toward witchcraft, ultimately confirmed by adopting the surname `coven` american horror story` season 3 very nearly took a different turn however, as murphy claims he originally intended to devote the season to the real-life story of infamous killer charles manson. speaking murphy revealed that he intended to follow through on the manson idea as recently as august 2013, and may in fact return to the idea in a future season once rights issues and tone resolve. said murphy of the `american horror story` season 3 that almost was. `there was a point last year in august where i was like, `i want to do an entire season about the `charles manson` case. `but then we decided that wasn`t respectful to the victims, and it`s really hard to get life rights. so i went to the other idea, which was new orleans witches that i`ve always been obsessed with. we might go back to the manson thing in some regard one day. we spend a lot of time specifically trying to get the look and the tone of it right. every year has a different tone. the real `american horror story. coven` will divide between both present and 1830`s new orleans, and highlight a clash between witches and voodoo.

robboDate: Sunday, 18 Aug 2013, 02:50 | Message # 510
`once upon a time` season 3  casts the little mermaid with `joanna garcia swisher` far and away one of the more exciting aspects of `once upon a time`s` comic-con 2013 panel proved to be the brief teaser revealing that fairy tale icon `the little mermaid`s ariel would surface in the third season. now, ABC reveals that `animal practice` star `joanna garcia swisher` will don the flippered tail, but what twist will `once` put upon the character. news of ariel`s casting comes from tv guide, who go on to reveal that `once upon a time` season 3 will provide a `compelling back-story and twist` for their take on the character, without losing the `wide-eyed charm and ambitions` familiar to fans of the animated disney classic. ariel will appear in at least two episodes of the third season beginning with the sixth episode, surfacing in a realm outside of storybrooke. naturally, the appearance of ariel would raise questions of the character`s supporting cast, from sebastian to the witchy tentacled ursula, to which showrunner `eddy kitsis teases `ursula could appear this season, absolutely. but on our show you never know what that might mean. `swisher herself starred in the short-live NBC justin kirk comedy `animal practice` prior to that maintaining  roles on `reba` and USA`s `royal pains`

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: