menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 00:42 | Message # 481
Group: Administrators
Ref Message #480

Iirc, my conclusion was that the broadcats networks haven't given up on serialized tv show and I said this:

A lot of high profile scifi shows are coming next season, like Terra nova (Fox), Alcatraz (Fox), Awake (NBC), Grimm (NBC), Touch (NBC), Alphas (Syfy); it looks like networks have not given up on the genre. I can't wait to see how they perform.

Well, they performed badly; they were all cancelled after one year except Alphas (who lasted 2 years) and Grimm, who is still on air.

That was the 2011 season and in 2012 NBC's Revolution or The CW's Arrow are doing good, if not great. I think the trend is not going to change, with cable tv performing strong, especially with sci-fi shows. ABC's SHIELD might be the exception; FOX's "Almost Human" could go both ways. We'll see.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 00:50 | Message # 482
Group: Friends
peter capaldi is doctor who`s twelfth doctor, so who the hell is peter capaldi. earlier this afternoon, the BBC officially announced that actor peter capaldi will be taking on the role of the doctor in doctor who, playing the twelfth incarnation of the iconic character and taking over the role from the departing matt smith. capaldi had been the early favorite among british bookmakers, and many who fans are thrilled to see him taking on the role. but there where also quite a few folks commenting here and on facebook with the question. `who the hell is peter capaldi` it`s a totally understandable reaction. capaldi is a very talented actor, but he isn`t that well known unless you`re a regular consumer of british television, but fear not. GFR has got your back. we have put together quick guided tour of some of the actor`s best roles. ladies and gentlemen, meet peter capaldi. one of the capaldi roles you`ll see mentioned the most is the character of malcolm tucker in the 2005 british political comedy series `the thick of it`capaldi won a BAFTA for his performance as the british prime minister`s enforcer/spin doctor, a foul-mouthed thorn in the side of hugh abbot`chris langham`who heads of the fictional`department of social affairs and citizenship` capaldi reprised the role in the american adaptation `in the loop` where he was joined by actors such as tom hollander and james gandolfini. as tucker, capaldi is a never-ending font of hilariously creative profanity, wielding his caustic dialogue with the same poetic aplomb as ian mcshane`s al swearengen in deadwood.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 01:57 | Message # 483
In the series, 'The Thick Of It', Peter Capaldi said 'fuck' at least 13 times.
I complained to the BBC about it.
Ever since then, if I email the BBC and I want to get my point across, I use that word, saying that I am perfectly entitled to providing I do not say it more than 13 times.  They can not get up on their high horses no matter what I have to say, because I quite often use the word 'fuck' in my emails to them.
To make him Dr Who, is the biggest surprise in the world to me, especially considering you will see new internet 'mentions' about exactly what I have just said.
I never did like Dr Who, the last Doctor had a girlfriend who was always appearing in FHM.  Oops, Summer appeared in that slag mag too.
If Summer had been his sidekick, I might have watched Dr Who, but I definitely will not watch it, just like I have not done for at least a vast number of years.
It's pretty obvious to me that lots of people will watch it but that's up to them.  At least they know what he is like.
Using 'fuck' at least 13 times to try and get a laugh out of people.  It was not even funny when he appeared in that awful sketch.

robboDate: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 02:14 | Message # 484
the only doctor who i have ever seen is `peter cushing` in the film with the daleks `exterminate, exterminate, thats probably what will happen to the new doctor who, i have never heard of him in my life, forgot his name already or yes `peter capaldi` sorry not for me unfortunately, but he might have his followers in television on the BBC. its a channel i am not familiar with just dont watch the BBC.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 09:56 | Message # 485
Promo Trailer for USA Network's Period Alien Drama 'Horizon'

Nazis, WWII, and ... aliens?

From Gale Anne Hurd, the producer of "The Walking Dead", comes USA Network's "Horizon", a period sci-fi drama about "a female secretary at the FBI who begins a secretive investigation into files that have been stamped with the codename "horizon." The mysterious project provides links to the death of her husband and the disappearance of a young girl, and has also -- unbeknownst to her -- aroused the interest of undercover Nazi spies working in the US."

Oooh, Nazis in the U.S. during WWII! Plus, aliens! Now that sounds interesting.
The last time we got a period sci-fi drama was “Dark Skies” in the mid-90s with Eric Close and Jeri Ryan.

robboDate: Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 00:49 | Message # 486
yeah i posted an article not so long ago, about this new show `horizon` by gale anne hurd, i must admit thats the first time i have seen a trailer from the new show `horizon` and believe it or not this could be really interesting new show, something quite different and unique to look forward too, like you say chris we have not had a period sci-fi drama since `dark skies` in the 90s, only time will tell,

robboDate: Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 01:19 | Message # 487
`under the dome ` had quite a bit of `terminator sarah connor chronicles` presence in the show lately, i know `dean norris` was in the show as playing the part as nelson, also `ned bellamy` who played the part of ed winston,  but their was another face that looked a bit familiar soon as i heard his voice, i could be wrong but he was called `john elvis` the lad in school talking to cameron about pizza day, and said some guy was asking for john, which the guy asking was cromartie who was going round all the schools, so as i say the third name could of got that one wrong, plus five years have gone by since that school conversation in the corridor, unsure

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 01:35 | Message # 488
Apparently Robbi, Allen Evangelista – Doug (handing out pamphlets in corridor), when Cameron asked if she looked fat after eating a piece of pizza.  1_8 Vick's Chip

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 01:36

robboDate: Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 01:44 | Message # 489
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Apparently Robbi, Allen Evangelista – Doug (handing out pamphlets in corridor), when Cameron asked if she looked fat after eating a piece of pizza.
thanks kev, i had a gut feeling i might of got that one wrong, it was just his voice it really sounded like him, never mind my apologies to `john elvis` no treble this time,

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 06 Aug 2013, 22:48 | Message # 490
S.H.I.E.L.D. Pilot Screening at D23 Expo This Sunday

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 08:32 | Message # 491
Battlestar Galactica and Dollhouse alum Tahmoh Penikett has joined Supernatural for a recurring role in the 9th season of the CW show, reported THR.

Tahmoh Penikett recently guest starred on Arrow season 1 as  Tom Salvati, the right hand man to the mob boss father to Helena Bertinelli (aka The Huntress).

Tahmoh Penikett as Tom Salvati on Arrow
Tahmoh Penikett as Tom Salvati on Arrow

I also expect to see him in the 3rd season of Continuum to, since he's now the new mayor. I guess he'll manage to play in both series - Supernatural and Continuum - given that they're both filmed in Vancouver, Canada.

As an aside, the author of the article at THR mentions that Summer Glau guest starred in Battlestar Galactica, which is wrong, obviously. But maybe she wanted to say "Former Dollhouse guest" instead. I mentioned it to her politely.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 11:31 | Message # 492
Yes why not Chris. Tell her you are the #1 authority on that little known actress.

When I used to see the name Tahmoh Penikett in the Dollhouse credits.  I always assumed it was that Australian girl who used to be in Neighbours (Looks a little bit like Stephanie Jacobsen).   It was not until I saw the same name in Arrow, that I discovered who it was.
I assume the name is Eastern European?

[edit addI have just discovered that if you type in a search box 'imdb Neighbours Dollhouse' it gave me the name of a person that appeared in both series. So I immediately found that Dichen Lachman was the actress in Dollhouse, whom I recognised from neighbours.  She is very good.  As are they all.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 11:43

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 12:15 | Message # 493
Summer Glau and Dichen Lachman at Starfury T1 April 24-26 2009 - Birmingham

Summer Glau and Dichen Lachman Starfury T1 April 24-26 2009 - Birmingham

Summer Glau and Dichen Lachman at Supanova Sydney 19-20 June, 2010

Summer Glau and Dichen Lachman at Supanova Sydney 19-20 June, 2010

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 12:18 | Message # 494
Ah, so they did in fact meet.  I recognise the lady on the right.   She made an awesome Doll.  (Insofar as she was a Doll-Sleeper that could be switched on off.  She became a bit of a badass.... then not).

robboDate: Wednesday, 07 Aug 2013, 21:12 | Message # 495
what a lucky guy, surrounded by all them dolls, he must have very long arms, is that a petrol logo t-shirt that he is wearing, oh i must get my goggles changed, sesso not esso silly me, wink

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: