menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 30 Jul 2013, 20:34 | Message # 466
Group: Administrators
Quote (KevinInEngland)
That's a good picture. I've not seen him before.  They're in the bank vault.

This picture, as well as another one featuring Summer Glau and David Nutter, can be found in the Gallery: Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles > Promos/Stills/Behind The Scene > Stills Season 1

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 30 Jul 2013, 20:50 | Message # 467
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (KevinInEngland)That's a good picture. I've not seen him before.  They're in the bank vault.
This picture, as well as another one featuring Summer Glau and David Nutter, can be found in the Gallery: Terminator the Sarah Connor Chronicles > Promos/Stills/Behind The Scene > Stills Season 1
Oh yes. There is another picture of him.  She is definitely going to kill him.  That's nice,, I'm having a look now.

robboDate: Wednesday, 31 Jul 2013, 02:48 | Message # 468
what a guy david nutter, the first sixteen pilots that nutter directed have all gone to series. this streak was broken in 2011 when CBS chose to not pick up the doctor. he was known as `the pilot whisperer`

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 31 Jul 2013, 07:54 | Message # 469
Quote (robbo)
what a guy david nutter, the first sixteen pilots that nutter directed have all gone to series. this streak was broken in 2011 when CBS chose to not pick up the doctor. he was known as `the pilot whisperer`

Nutter landed a new pilot (sort of), since he will direct the last of the 3 episodes of Arrow featuring upcoming DC comics character The Flah. This episode will serve as the pilot for the spinoff CW serie starring Barry Allen as The Flash.

robboDate: Thursday, 01 Aug 2013, 00:05 | Message # 470
sam mendes `tv drama `penny dreadful` lands `josh hartnett` and `eva green` josh hartnett and `eva green` have joined showtime`s penny dreadful, the league of extraordinary gentlemen-style monster mash-up from the skyfall team of `sam mendes`and `john logan` announced last fall, the eight-episode victorian drama brings together such literary characters as dracula, dr. frankenstein and dorian gray as they `grapple with their monstrous alienation` according to the wrap, hartnett will play `ethan chandler`, an american with a dark side who tells woman he`s a cowboy, while green will portray the seductive and dangerous `vanessa ives`, whom showtime president `david nevins`described as `sort of the fulcrum of the show`. the eight-episode series is looking to start shooting this october for a possible spring 2014 release. `juan antonio bayona` the orphanage` has signed on to direct the first two episodes.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 01 Aug 2013, 09:10 | Message # 471
Joss Whedon resurrects Shepherd Book (Ron Glass) as... a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent!

ABC has spoiled potential fans of Marvel’s Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. by releasing a whole lot of new imagery from the series premiere. Needless to say, there are spoilers within. Enjoy, and keep your eyes open for surprises including a Firefly cameo… and maybe, just maybe Coulson smiling!

Watch more photos at ComicBookMovie

robboDate: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 00:18 | Message # 472
`the great escape`to be remade for tv by the BBC. `the great escape` is to be remade for television by the BBC. the 1963 `steve mcqueen`film classic is based on the book by `paul brickhill, which will form the basis of a new tv drama, brickhill`s original novel, loosely adapted for the big-screen, was a non-fiction account of a mass escape from a prison in nazi germany. the new serial is being developed by the BBC alongside GK-TV and open circle, the latter currently owning the rights to `the great escape`the 1963 US movie charted an escape by allied prisoners of war from a german pow camp during world war II and starred`steve mcqueen, `james garner, and `richard attenborough. the film made back almost three times its budget upon original release and has since become a staple of christmas television on UK television channels. not sure i wonder if the pow camp for BBC television will be like a `butlins holiday camp` not sure about this remake.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 00:43 | Message # 473
The BBC executives and all the fogies that work there suffer from what was first diagnosed by a Doctor in 1678.
Unfortunately, if there is a film or TV series that they can make about the war, they will.
If there is a story to be told about the war, they will show it.
If there is a Soldiers from WWII story to be told on the News, the BBC will show it.
In fact, my mother and a guy I know can not put the war out of their heads because they were just about old enough to be children during the latter part of the war.
If the Germans need reminding about the war, rest assured the BBC will make a film to remind us all.
The fact is, we have to be at least 68 years old to have just missed the end of the war, so only old codgers can remember it.

So, that being said, hearing that the BBC want to make 'The Great Escape' does not surprise me in the least.
They will regurgitate it and regurgitate it, just like a mother dog regurgitates its food so that puppies can lap it all up.

In Sarah's monologue, she said "In 1678,doctors diagnosed the mental affliction soldiers suffered from as "nostalgia." Homesickness. A longing to return to the past. This is how they felt after their homecoming.  The cruel reality of war is that there is no return home. No return to innocence.
What is lost is lost forever. Like my father, war's wounds have bled me dry. No words of comfort. No words of forgiveness. No words at all.
2_6 The Tower Is Tall But The Fall Is Short
In fact, it would seem that in the story her own father suffered from nostalgia, or perhaps better put, he was damaged by the war?

What do you guys think?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 00:46

robboDate: Friday, 02 Aug 2013, 01:23 | Message # 474
paul bettany`s `legion` to be adapted for tv by syfy.  `paul bettany`s 2010 film `legion` is to be adapted for television. syfy has ordered `dominion` - based on characters from the movie - to series.  set 25 years in the future, the supernatural action drama chronicles a war between mankind and an army of angels. the show`s lead is a young maverick soldier who soon discovers that it is his destiny to become the saviour of humanity. `legion` director `scott stewart` who also co-wrote the film, will helm the syfy pilot. a television adaptation of the paranormal thriller was first announced in february 2012, with syfy now confirming that the project has been given the green-light. seen the film i thought it was pretty cool not a bad film, put it this way i have seen worse.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 Aug 2013, 21:11 | Message # 475
Trailer for Doctor Who Live: The Next Doctor

And who knows...

robboDate: Sunday, 04 Aug 2013, 01:14 | Message # 476
tv networks are rabid over sci-fi pitch from steven spielberg`s  amblin tv. with j.j. abrams and j.h. wyman`s robot buddy cop drama `almost human` and the fourth season of AMC`s `the walking dead` coming out in the next few months, not to mention the plethora of premieres the CW network has going for it, it looks like one of the strongest fall tv seasons for science fiction in recent years. and when you take in to account `helix` and some of the other mid-season shows that are currently in development, the sky is the limit. the same goes for how much networks are willing to spend on a spec script for a sci-fi drama called `extant` which has a slew of tv execs in a tizzy. penned by first-time writer `mickey fisher, a bidding war erupted within the talent agency community once the script hit the market. deadline`s source claims that, `everybody wants it and i mean everybody` it`s the rare project that not only has basic cable networks seeking it out, but it`s also gotten major attention from regular cable and premium channels. so what is it about this project that has everybody worked up. one reason is the actual pilot itself, of course, which is the basis for a one-hour drama about a married couple named `john and molly watts who have an android son named ethan. molly is a space traveler somehow, and she is currently pregnant with a child that is part human and part alien. it isn`t clear about where the aliens come in, but half of the script takes place on earth and half is set inside of a space station. there`s a lot of room for visual spectacle hear, sci-fi and family drama dont usually get mix together outside of conversations reminiscing about E.T. i mean, there`s the neighbors, but that show isn`t a shining example of much. `extant` has been referred to as `A.1. as a tv series, and will apparently deepen the family dynamics in later episodes. this isn`t the most original plotline at its most basic form outside of the space station, so there has to be some other reason people are excited, right, none other than steven spielberg`s amblin tv is developing and packaging the series. while spielberg hasn`t yet given a sign as to whether he would personally serve as a producer, amblin has had a strong year with new shows, as `under the dome` is getting big ratings and FX`s `the americans` won critical acclaim. `greg walker` co-creator of vegas, as well as a former writer, story editor and producer on other shows, including `the x-files` harsh realm, and smallville, will serve as showrunner and executive producer. bidding on `extant` is set to continue throughout the weekend.

robboDate: Sunday, 04 Aug 2013, 02:07 | Message # 477
syfy`s  helix enters production, new series details revealed. `ronald d. moore` is the geek icon that gave us the `battlestar galactica` reboot series in the mid-2000s. it was a hit for syfy`then still the sci-fi channel` and is considered one of the best science fiction tv series of all-time. since `battlestar galactica`s series finale in 2009, moore fell on some hard times trying to create a new tv series as compelling and interesting as BSG. after a few bumps in the road, moore is returning to syfy with the science fiction thriller series `helix` which has the potential to have comparable staying power to `battlestar galactica` production on `helix` just began recently. the series follows a group of CDC scientists stationed at a secret laboratory in a remote area of the arctic, there were sent to investigate a possible global outbreak, but they soon discover something mysterious and terrifying just beneath the icy surface. the series has been compared to `john carpenter`s`the thing, in terms of atmosphere and mystery. `billy campbell` the rocketeer, `the 4400` recently join the cast in the lead role of `dr. alan farragut` `an emotionally troubled centers for disease control pathologist whose marriage has recently falling apart after his wife had an affair with his brother` now moore has a chance to have two successful science fiction tv series with syfy`s `helix` and the tv adaptation of `outlander`for the premium cable network starz in 2014. based on the best-selling book series from author `diana gabaldon`outlander` is drama/romance hybrid with elements historical fiction and time travel. the series follows the war between two scottish clans and the love affair between a scottish warrior named `jamie fraser` and a world war II-era combat nurse named `claire randall` who is mysteriously sent back in time to the year 1743. syfy has not set an official airdate for `helix` yet, but it is slated to air its 13-episode first season in early 2014.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Aug 2013, 08:37 | Message # 478
Quote (robbo)
it looks like one of the strongest fall tv seasons for science fiction in recent years.

To say that I wrote this not so long ago wink

Have the networks given up on serialized scifi shows?

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Aug 2013, 20:39 | Message # 479
BBC has just announced the new Doctor Who is Peter Capaldi.

The 55-year-old was announced in a special live programme on BBC One.

Capaldi will be the 12th actor to play the Doctor, replacing outgoing star Matt Smith.

robboDate: Monday, 05 Aug 2013, 00:09 | Message # 480
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (robbo) it looks like one of the strongest fall tv seasons for science fiction in recent years.
To say that I wrote this not so long ago

Have the networks given up on serialized scifi shows? 
whoops, damn your good me not so good, i must be blind i couldnt see it never mind, :)

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: