menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
dylangillianDate: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 23:37 | Message # 421
Group: Friends
ok i'm really getting pissed of with all that **** about the show being cancelled cause summer is in it.
i clicked on the link kevin shows and alot of the comments say: too bad the show will end sooner then we want now summer is in it.
well i have one thing to say to those people:  fuck  

most of the shows that summer was in got  cancelled because of fox screwing it up.

knowledge is power.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 23:56 | Message # 422
Nice one dylangillian - did you read my comments on there. She needs lots of positive words from good fans.

dylangillianDate: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 23:59 | Message # 423
yea i did, but everywhere i go  for news on summer, i see those comments and there just pissing me off, felt good to get that of my chest too btw.

knowledge is power.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 00:06 | Message # 424
Group: Administrators
Instead of loosing our time answering stupid comments about show killer and give them more opportunities to spread their nonsense, we should better post positive comments about Summer Glau, her acting and what she could bring to the show.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

dylangillianDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 00:08 | Message # 425
almost forgot to say: i also commented there, mostly about that summer is great, but i don't think they wil place it (lets just say i sweared a bit at the "haters":) ).

knowledge is power.

Message edited by dylangillian - Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 00:10

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 00:12 | Message # 426
Oh no dylangillian. I know she's worth it but.....

dylangillianDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 00:16 | Message # 427
nah even if they placed it i would have removed it myself. i'm just a bit tired and get annoyed fast cause of that, i placed a positive comment now biggrin .

knowledge is power.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 00:25 | Message # 428
Great news for Summer and she can make new friends with the female cast members.
Here is a picture of Katy Cassidy, who Summer will cross paths with. If she is related to Oliver Queen in the series, I do not see how she could have a romantic liaison with him.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1724034816/nm1556320
Anywhere. If anyone here is old enough to remember David Cassidy the pop star from the 80s. She is his daughter. Her mother is a model. Her mother must have been beautiful too.
So, Arrow will have a few beauties on the show because Oliver Queen also has a hot sister and a hot computer geek secretary. (JFYI, Summer was a hot computer geek in The Cape, so that role has already been taken up, but who knows, she might be one herself in her own company, for which she becomes CEO (according to the wiki).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 12:37

dylangillianDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 08:03 | Message # 429
yes this is great, the only downside is that we'll have to wait till october for it to air.

knowledge is power.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 11 Jul 2013, 11:53 | Message # 430
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I know this is not a conversations board but I understand.

Hey, this is a fan site, not the official website for a coffe brand. We strive to create a sense of community, that means members can discuss a large number of topics. As I said before, I don't mind a little Out of Topic messages in a thread (it's all about balance).

If you feel the need to talk about your neighbours, you can also post in this thread: What's Up? (Tell us what's on your mind.)

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 16 Jul 2013, 10:34 | Message # 431
Composer Bear McCreary will provide the sound of Joss Whedon's Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Bear McCreary worked on all the tv shows you loved...and a few others. He worked in Summer Glau shows Terminator: Les chroniques de Sarah Connor and The Cape.

2 songs from the original soundtrack:
"Derek`s Mission"
"Theres A Storm Comming"
+ slideshow

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 16 Jul 2013, 10:43 | Message # 432
I know Bear McCreary is a great music writer and composer etc but I'm going to need some convincing that S.H.I.E.L.D. will be my thing.
If it is something to do with Americans sticking their noses in to other country's businesses, I will be put off.
The Unit was like that.
If it is a domestic series with superhero or speciality skills, perhaps I will like it.

The only ever series that I enjoyed which tackled extreemism, was Homeland.

So, what I am saying is: I will need to be convinced that S.H.I.E.L.D. is good and not 'the big American, 'World Police' '.

robboDate: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 02:40 | Message # 433
comic-con and orphan black dvd`s. its that time again. the annual san diego comic-con begins this thursday `wednesday if you count preview night`kicking off one of the biggest events of the pop-culture landscape. pretty much every movie and tv show that might even remotely appeal to a certain demographic, but if you cant make the comic-con pilgrimage, dont worry our top pick is BBC america`s  excellent clone thriller ORPHAN BLACK, which arrives on blu-ray and dvd tuesday. this is a show that moves, so i imagine it will lend itself perfectly to tearing through the entire 10-episode season in a couple of marathon sessions. if you didnt check it out during its initial run a few months back, orphan black is the story of a girl who watches someone who looks just like her commit suicide. she takes on her doppelganger`s identity, but soon realizes she`s entangled herself in something much larger and more dangerous than she ever could have expected. without going into spoilers. suffice to say that lead actress tatiana maslany is outstanding, deftly handling some acting feats that would challenge even a lifelong veteran of the state and/or screen.  orphan black is a great series and is highly recommended to those who haven`t seen it,

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 17 Jul 2013, 11:23 | Message # 434
Robbo. this report is not an understatement. For me this was an excellent series and I enjoyed it very much. Tatiana Maslany is indeed an incredible actress and to add to that she is very very sexy (Sorry Summer. We all know you're sexy too, so don't ever feel 2nd best).
Orphan Black has a lesbian following too. (Is it OK to say it that way?) I don't care who likes this series. I used to watch the series 'The L Word' and enjoyed it very much. I sometimes wished Summer could be in a role like that. She wouldn't need to be full on. Jennifer Beals (the iconic film: Flashdance) was in the latter, plus another actress who was deaf but learnt to speak).

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 18 Jul 2013, 07:00 | Message # 435
"The Tomorrow People", from the producers of Arrow and The Vampire Diaries, starring Robbie Amell (as in "I'm the cousin of Stephen Amell, starring in another CW superhero show, Arrow")

About The Tomorrow People

In the vein of X-Men and Heroes, it’s the story of several young people from around the world who represent the next stage in human evolution, possessing special powers, including the ability to teleport and communicate with each other telepathically. Together they work to defeat the forces of evil. Based upon the original UK series created by Roger Price.

The funny thing is that this other CW, Amell' tv show is paired with Arrow on Wednesdays (Arrow airs at 8.7c and The Tomorrow people airs right after it at 9.8c)

The CW 2013 schedule is as follow:

Supernatural is shifting to Tuesdays at 9/8c, paired with the Vampire Diaries spin-off The Originals; Hart of Dixie and Beauty and the Beast are relocating to Monday night; The Carrie Diaries is Friday-bound; and Nikita‘s final six-episode season will unspool sometime “late in the fall,” network boss Mark Pedowitz tells TVLine.

Greg Berlanti and Julie Plec’s new sci-fi saga Tomorrow People has snagged the post-Arrow slot on Wednesdays at 9/8c, while period drama Reign has been slotted behind Vampire Diaries on Thursdays.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: