menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013, 11:55 | Message # 406
Group: Administrators
Today I learned that Rachel Nichols (Continuum) starred in 'The Inside', a crime drama television series created by Tim Minear that had the "Special Fox" treatment and was cancelled after 7 episodes. Firefly's Adam Baldwin also starred.

Rachel Nichols (Continuum) starred in 'The Inside'

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013, 12:07 | Message # 407
Group: Friends
Nice picture. I saw her in a CSI-type program a few weeks ago. She looks younger now than then.

robboDate: Tuesday, 25 Jun 2013, 13:33 | Message # 408
great picture nice blue sky in the background, dont recall i have ever heard of that show, was it a few years back, might have known fox had something to do with it, 7 episodes dear me that was short and sweet, certainly was the fox treatment,

robboDate: Thursday, 27 Jun 2013, 01:06 | Message # 409
under the dome premieres to huge numbers.  so how well did it do, it managed a 3.2 rating in adults 18-49 and was seen by 13.1 million viewers, which is massive for a series starting out in the summer, generally a season when networks bring out their second-and third-tier reality shows, CBS` last summer premiere was 2008`s flashpoint, which got a 1.9 rating. it was definitely the highest-rated show of the night, and the highest-rated summer premiere on any network since CBS` 2000 malibu road from 1992. what was second place on monday night, game 6 of the stanley cup finals, which also had a 3.2 rating in the adult demo, but only had 8.3 million viewers. which means under the dome got crazy numbers even outside adults 18-49, unless there where a lot of babies watching the show, i think this further proves the age CBS` audience knows no bounds, like a dome, for instance.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 28 Jun 2013, 22:30 | Message # 410
You loved Teryl Rothery as Dr. Janet Frasier on Stargate SG-1?

Teryl Rothery as Dr. Janet Frasier on Stargate SG-1

She plays in Hallmark's new original serie 'Cedar Cove', based on the bestselling books by Debbie Macomber premiering July 20 • 8p/7C starring Andie MacDowell, Dylan Neal, Bruce Boxleitner.

Did I mention that Hallmark Channel re-broadcast Summer Glau's Christmas movie 'Help for the Holidays' twice on Sunday July 14, 2013, first at 8AM and then at 10PM EDT?
Read more in the Blog: Hallmark Special Christmas Programming

robboDate: Saturday, 29 Jun 2013, 03:31 | Message # 411
david bowie offered a role in hannibal season 2. bryan fuller wants the thin white duke to play hannibal`s uncle in second season, fuller said that he wants the star to play hannibal lecter`s uncle, count robert lecter, in the show`s  second season. `we have reached out to david bowie to see if he`s interested and available. we would love for him to play hannibal`s uncle, who is a character from the literature and in the books, we dont have an answer yet, the site notes that hannibal`s uncle was murdered by nazis in the novels, but fuller points out that `since our timeline is a little more present, there`s a little bit of jj abrams-style alternate universe storytelling where he could still be alive` hannibal season 2 starts production in toronto in august.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 29 Jun 2013, 12:36 | Message # 412
I made sure that Hannibal's #1 fan saw this post and copied the link to her. Guess who that is!!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Jun 2013, 07:41 | Message # 413
Brian Austin Green promoted to series regular on 'Anger Management'
Brian Austin Green promoted to series regular on
'Anger Management'.
Brian Austin Green has officially been promoted to series regular on FX’s “Anger Management.”

The “Beverly Hills, 90210” star will reprise his role as the boyfriend of Charlie Sheen’s ex-wife, played by Shawnee Smith, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Green has portrayed the character in three episodes thus far.

robboDate: Thursday, 04 Jul 2013, 01:03 | Message # 414
`falling skies` season 4 is officially renewed by TNT. this time last year, TNT renewed its alien action-drama, `falling skies` just barely in time for comic-con, but 2013 seems to have given the 2nd massachusetts a bigger head start. the steven spielberg invasion series will officially return for a fourth season in 2014, this time with david eick in place as showrunner, replacing remi aubuchon. though `falling skies` season 3 has only aired half of its 10 episodes, work had actually already begun on `falling skies` season 4 with eick at the head of the writer`s room. given the alien drama`s universally consistent performance and somewhat unusual production schedule, TNT usually greenlights the series to begin work on the next year in advance of the official renewal announcement. having averaged 5.8 million viewers across the third season, and emerging as basic cable`s #1 scripted series with adults 18-49 and adults 25-54, `falling skies` will return with a 10-episode season 4 in its usual summer airing slot for 2014.

robboDate: Thursday, 04 Jul 2013, 01:48 | Message # 415
`hell on wheels` season 3 first six episode descriptions released. it`s been a good long while since we`ve heard anything concrete from AMC period drama `hell on wheels`, which since overcame its behind-the-scenes struggles to begin production, but most recently endured a minor setback due to flooding on the canadian set. the premiere has since been moved to saturday, aug 10, the first two episodes, `big bad wolf` and `eminent domain` appear to double up on the same description, which likely suggests a two-hour premiere for the aug 10 debut. meanwhile, it looks like cullen `anson mount` and elam `common` will be spending plenty of time together across the first six episodes, while durant encounters his own obstacles in getting the railway built.  episode 3.01--- big bad wolf,  episode 3.02--- eminent domain,  episode 3.03--- range war,  episode 3.04---- the game,  episode 3.05---- searchers,  episode 3.06--- one less mule, little has been revealed of the third season of `hell on wheels` other than a meaty new role for `the following` star jennifer ferrin,  if you are interested in western style shows, this is the one for you, very powerful drama,

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 04 Jul 2013, 02:05 | Message # 416
I'll look out for it. I agree, sounds good. Summer will like to be in something like that.

robboDate: Monday, 08 Jul 2013, 23:46 | Message # 417
`in the flesh` why zombies are the most versatile monsters. the latest, `in the flesh` is another surprisingly brilliant twist, it`s a wildly interesting premise, too. four years after a zombie uprising, in which dead bodies sprang forth from their graves, the government has found a cure of sorts for the `partially dead`, they still have the appearance of a zombie although, the characters wear contacts and make-up in order to mask their undead appearance, and they don`t eat, but they have feelings and emotions and brain activity. once the cure is found, the difficult part comes in reintegrating the partially undead back into a society that isn`t very welcoming, mostly on account of the fact that ---- as zombies --- they murdered and ate the brains of their friends and families. `in the flesh` is not a fast-paced zombie-action series, and it`s as distinct from `the walking dead` as it could possibly be, given that both concern the undead `or the partially dead`. it`s a slow-burning drama, largely interested in exploring the prejudices of rural britain ---- and tying it into the immigration debate ---- and the emotional toll reintegration takes on the families, as well as the perspective of the partially dead, who understand that they are pariahs, but who also have to deal with the guilt of killing countless numbers of people while they were zombies. it`s a riveting show, and yet another brilliant use of the ever-versatile zombie. it`s a three-hour miniseries, currently airing on BBC america, though it has already been picked up for a second season. it`s much more, however, than just another decent summer tv show to pass the time, it is great television for any time of the year.  awesome it`s a very compact show, and really entertaining,

robboDate: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 02:08 | Message # 418
`the league of extraordinary gentlemen` tv series fox officially orders pilot. alan moore`s  iconic graphic novel `the league of extraordinary gentlemen` may have gone down in flames as a hollywood joke some ten years ago, but it seems the property may just come back to life on fox. the broadcast network has officially ordered a tv series pilot based on the legendary literary character mash-up, but will creators alan moore and kevin o`neill have any involvement, not on your life, writer-producer michael green will serve as showrunner for the new `league of extraordinary gentlemen` adaptation, with erwin stoff executive producing. for his part, fox ordered the property as a put pilot, meaning the network will definitively produce and air at least a pilot, regardless of picking `the league of extraordinary gentlemen` up to series, lest fox face a financial penalty. interestingly showtime`s in-development series `penny dreadful` features a similar concept of teaming dorian gray, van helsing, and frankenstein, though fox`s `league` would likely prove closer competition to marvel`s `agents of shield` tv series or `once upon a time` for its broad team-up appeal.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 22:23 | Message # 419
Many Summer Glau fans, myself included, were hoping Summer would get involved with Marvel's Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. but her recurring role in Arrow (See News) will conflict with that now, because of the filming schedule of course but also of the different comics universe.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013, 22:52 | Message # 420
I'm pleased Chris. I posted here on the bottom of this page.
http://tvline.com/2013/07/10/arrow-cast-summer-glau-isabel-rochev

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: