menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Saturday, 18 May 2013, 02:10 | Message # 361
Group: Friends
`zombieland`tv series not picked up by amazon after `hated`pilot. a tv adaptation of 2009 film zombieland has not been picked up for a full series by amazon. a pilot for the show was made available to stream for free on amazons US site last month, but its creator rhett reese has revealed that the company will not be continuing with the series. he tweeted `our zombieland series will not be moving forward on amazon. sad for everyone involved`reese - who co-wrote both the original movie and the series pilot with paul wernick - blamed the pilots critics for the shows demise. he continued i will never understand the vehement hate the pilot recieved from die-hard zombieland fans. you guys successfully hated it out of existence. `anyway, we did our best, and we are very proud of our team.`

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 18 May 2013, 02:50 | Message # 362
I don't watch Warehouse 13 but I can recommend a film, which I saw once before.  It is on FILM4  SKY ch315 called Man On Fire.
I mention it because it is a film that has all the ingredients that TSCC had, only harder hitting.  Dakota Fanning (abt 10 yrs old), Denzel Washington. Parts of it reminded me of Savannah and I even thought of Padre Armando Bonillo.
It's a film you would regret not seeing if you have not seen it.
It is on again Thursday night.  If you are not warmed, touched and saddened by the film, I will be surprised.

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 18 May 2013, 02:53 | Message # 363
I don't get it.  Why would fans of Zombieland hate it out of existence.  Was Zombieland previously shown elsewhere and was much better?

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 18 May 2013, 08:39 | Message # 364
Group: Administrators
Quote (robbo)
`warehouse 13`renewed for final season by scfy. warehouse 13 is to return for a fifth and final season.  scfy has ordered six more episodes of the cult drama, which will wrap up the series, `warehouse 13` has been an incredible signature series for us, `said scfy president of original content mark stern. `we are grateful to the loyal and passionate fan base and know that jack kenny, his gifted creative team, and outstanding ensemble cast will give them an amazing finale season.` shooting on the final season of warehouse 13 will begin in toronto this summer for broadcast in 2014.

Good for Warehouse 13 fans! They will get proper closure to their beloved serie.
While some fans are sad about the series end, they also thank Syfy for the additional six episodes. But I also read online fans who are upset by Syfy's decision; I can understand that one want his favorite serie to last 10 seasons but I think that Syfy treated the serie as fairly as they could in this case and seing a sci-fi serie running for five years is very rare on tv.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Monday, 20 May 2013, 03:06 | Message # 365
totally agree with that one, i think warehouse 13, fans have had what ye call the rub of the green, with their show on scfy what more can they ask for scfy have treated warehouse 13, with the utmost respect and the fans have been very lucky, getting five years out of a moderate show, compaired to other shows, that dont get past one or two series, wont go into detail, but at least they are going to get a proper closure to wrap things up, very fortunate indeed.

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 00:32 | Message # 366
`falling skies`season 4. `battlestar galacticas david eick takes over as showrunner. TNT`s alien action-drama `FALLING SKIES`wont air its third season until sunday june 9, but already the acclaimed series has made a major change in anticipation of a fourth season pickup, season 2 and 3 showrunner remi aubuchon will step down from the series, tasking former `BATTLESTAR GALACTICA` and fellow `CAPRICA` showrunner david eick to take his place, but will anything change for `falling skies`season 4. a few weeks from now `falling skies`will start its third season on TNT, `falling skies`has yet to recieve a formal fourth season pickup from TNT, though the issue is considered a formality given the shows success among younger demos, and production schedule that typically dictates writers begin scripting the season before a pickup.

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 01:40 | Message # 367
`ARROW`SEASON 2. going forward, season 2 will mostly deal with the fallout of olivers first year as the hood, and the tragedies inherent to malcolms successful undertaking. `the whole of season 2 is about oliver changing the way he does things and you will hear us talk a lot about making the transition from vigilante to hero, `said guggenheim. `that whole transition and evolution would not have happened but for tommys death. its a huge part of olivers drive and character arc for season 2. guggenheim also confirmed that supporting characters would take center stage more often in season 2, finally, `arrow`season 2 will continue the practice of cutting back to olivers five-year island story, while the glades`destruction will replace his fathers notebook as the predominant source of conflict. `the notebook was the main thing that created a lot of story engine for us and the consequences and the figurative after-shocks of the earthquake are going to provide the new story engine for season 2. i thought arrow was just amazing, no words can describe it the suspense was awesome, i cant wait for season 2,

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 07:12 | Message # 368
Group: Administrators
Quote (robbo)
i thought arrow was just amazing, no words can describe it the suspense was awesome, i cant wait for season 2,

Indeed!
I was a few episodes behind recently and when I started to watch one, I had to watch another immediately after; all the more so each episode ends with a mini-cliffhanger.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 14:58 | Message # 369
I agree. They made it more than your average.   Plenty of emotional suspenseful action too.

Going back in time is a good idea.   Mr Gladiator, Manu Bennett was pretty awesome too.  I'd love to know where they got those rocket launchers from.  They have a story on the island too, with it's own hottie badass.   I notice the twitter girls like being referred to as badass. haha.  well Jashykins does.

I appreciate that Game of Thrones is pretty awesome with lots of action but I never expected it from Arrow.  They'll be moving it to HBO next and ask all their actresses to strip off.   They do that a lot in Banshee.  That's also a pretty awesome show, far fetched but awesome.
If you guy's don't watch it, you're missing something, believe me.
(Now I know what arousal means).

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 01:28 | Message # 370
`arrow`season 2 what new villains will oliver queen face. for as thrilling as the final showdown of `arrow`season 1 ultimately proved, malcolm merlyn`s onscreen fate seemingly left oliver without a big bad to face in season 2 of the CW series. rather than utilize a cheap ploy to immediately resurrect olivers greatest foe, however, executive producer marc guggenheim revealed that `arrow`will double down on villains in its second year. `we made no secret of the fact that we subscribe to the whedonesque model of having a big bad, and in season 2, we will actually have two big bads. they will both be very recognizable names to fans of the comic book, we are really excited about both of them. with malcolm and the dark archer, we sort of had two big bads in one person. in season 2 we are going to split them up essentially, and there will be a malcolm-esque big bad and a dark archer-esque big bad. guggenheim also previewed that slade wilson `spartacus`manu bennett would have a large role to play in season 2, exploring his own island crucible of sorts, as to whether or not slade could turn up in the present day. so excited to learn that at least two major DC villains will menace starling city in `arrow`season 2, omg how cool is that,

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 02:08 | Message # 371
ricky gervais`netflix series `derek`gets september premiere. while netflix subscribers continue to chew their own hands off in anticipation of this weekends `arrested development`season 4 premiere, ricky gervais controversial dramedy `derek`now has a september premiere. gervais `derek`may have already aired as a special in the uk, but american audiences now have an official date to catch the series on netflix. the streaming service announced tuesday that `derek`which sees gervais portraying a mentally handicapped nursing home worker, will debut all its episodes beginning midnight on september 12 from the shows official description. gervais has defended the character on a number of occasions, particularly those claiming derek makes light of mental handicap, but gervais previously explained derek to be of different intelligence, without necessarily likening the character to any one mental illness.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 13:21 | Message # 372
I'd rather not think of Ricky Gervais - I can't stand the guy. All that false laughing.

As far as Arrow is concerned. For some reason Summer was great in The Cape but I could not take David Lyons character, 'The Cape' seriously enough. I always pictured the actual cape as a piece of flimsy material - I don't think the special effects guys were professional enough trying to seamlessly incorporate the cape prop in to the cgi graphics. David Lyons is, I am sure a nice guy, but just the same in Revolution, he appears too much like a nice guy trying to appear hard. It doesn't quite work for me.
Perhaps he would be better suited to another role in his acting? what do you think? am I wrong?

yes, as I said before, Arrow is pretty good. I am drawn to the detective's daughter. Summer could have been her. I sincerely hope Annapurna Pics and Megan listen to the fans and find a way of incorporating the Cameron cyborg in to a T film. They would get a lot more fans when the films come out with Arnie in them.

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 May 2013, 23:08 | Message # 373
i watched a couple of episodes of derek, i just coudnt really adapt to the show, just not for me like you say ricky gervais ye not keen on him, i think as far as acting goes, he is not really any good at all, he did that idiot abroad series, but it was karl pilkington the highlight of that show, without him the show would have been a flop, thats if ye like an idiot abroad, no ricky gervais not for me just a poor actor, he is a bit full on like,

robboDate: Thursday, 23 May 2013, 23:47 | Message # 374
fx`s the strain casts two villains. the cast of FX`s the strain is quickly coming together with the addition of jonathan hyde `titanic`and richard sammel `inglourious basterds`. based on the series of novels by guillermo del toro and chuck hogan, the story centers on a vampire virus that infects new york city, and the centers for disease control doctor, ephraim goodweather `corey stoll of house of cards`, who investigates the outbreak. produced by carlton cuse, the pilot also stars mia maestro as cdc scientist nora martinez and kevin durand as exterminator vasily fet. the project is still only in the pilot stage and hasn`t been ordered to series. however, if it is, expect the first season to be 13 episodes. the pilot was written by del toro and hogan, the former is slated to direct as well.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 24 May 2013, 00:40 | Message # 375
I've not heard anything about The Strain. In fact I never usually have a problem. Seriously though, I think that if it is yet another vampire series, it would have to be damn good, otherwise people will get bored pretty quick. I understand that lots of ladies or chics or birds (depending on where you are), like a good vampire story, especially if it is sexy but not too nasty.

It's funny that you should mention Ephraim Goodweather because the name Ephraim was common for a guy in the 1800s. I had 3 ancestors with that name. I know, I'm digressing there.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 25 May 2013, 12:56

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: