menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 May 2013, 18:23 | Message # 331
Group: Administrators
Michael Bay’s ‘The Last Ship’ Picked Up To Series At TNT

Alongside the announcement that the new show has been officially picked up as series, TNT has revealed the first trailer for "The Last Ship.", starring Eric Dane (Grey's Anatomy), Adam Baldwin (Firefly, Chuck) and Rhona Mitra .

Based on William Brinkley’s popular novel, the story opens with a global catastrophe that nearly decimates the world’s population. Because of its positioning, the Navy destroyer U.S.S. Nathan James avoids falling victim to the devastating tragedy. But now the crew and its captain must confront the reality of their new existence in a world where they may be among the few remaining survivors.
“The Last Ship has all the elements of a big Hollywood blockbuster, from its epic storytelling to its top-notch cast headed by the perfect leading man, Eric Dane,” said TNT’s head of programming Michael Wright.

Read full article at Deadline

As an aside, The Last ship was in competition with "Scent of the Missing" for a series pick up at TNT. And I think Eric Dane's acting is too cold and detached for this kind of drama.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 09 May 2013, 18:32 | Message # 332
Group: Friends
So I see.  At first I wondered why all that shooting was going on but perhaps it is because it is to prevent the spread of a virus?

I'm not sure what you mean by it being in competition with Scent Of The Missing, as one is presumably a series and the other a film.  Or was it hoped that Scent would be made in to a series?

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 May 2013, 18:50 | Message # 333
Of course the serie is full of mysteries so don't expect the writers to give you all the answers in the pilot.

And Scent of the Missing has always been a pilot for a series, not a movie. But since the pilot was not picked up by TNT, there was the hope that another media would broadcast it as a backdoor pilot.
Read more at: Interview : Susannah Charleson talks about "Scent of the Missing" pilot

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 09 May 2013, 23:54 | Message # 334
Fox Picks Up J.J. Abrams Future Cop Series 'Almost Human'.

ALMOST HUMAN (working title)

From Emmy Award-winning executive producer J.J. Abrams and creator/executive producer J.H. Wyman and starring Karl Urban, Michael Ealy and Emmy Award nominee Lili Taylor, ALMOST HUMAN (working title) is an action-packed police drama set 35 years in the future, when police officers are partnered with highly evolved human-like androids. An unlikely connection is forged when a cop with an aversion to robots and a robot with unexpected emotional responses investigate cases in a brave new world. ALMOST HUMAN (wt) is produced by Bonanza Productions Inc. in association with Bad Robot Productions and Warner Bros. Television. The series is created by J.H. Wyman, who wrote the pilot. The series is executive-produced by Wyman, J.J. Abrams and Bryan Burk. Kathy Lingg ("Person of Interest," "Revolution," "Fringe") and Reid Shane ("Fringe") are co-executive producers. Brad Anderson ("Fringe," "The Killing") directed and served as co-executive producer on the pilot.

Source: Indie Wire

robboDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 02:16 | Message # 335
kiefer sutherlands `touch`axed by fox.  touch has been axed by fox.  the kiefer sutherland drama will not return for a third season. the tim kring shows series finale will air on friday `may 10`at 9pm et on fox, having struggled in the ratings for much of its run. kring lamented earlier this year how many people have `not found`the show.  fox another one bites the dust, and another one, and another one, biggrin

robboDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 02:37 | Message # 336
`nikita`,`the carrie diaries`renewed by the CW.  nikita and the carrie diaries have been renewed by the CW. the maggie q-starring show will return for a shortened fourth season, according to series creator craig silverstein. nikita will return but not for a full season, `he wrote on twitter`. `we can promise an incredible finish though`tv line reports that six episodes of the spy drama have been commissioned. meanwhile, the sex and the city spinoff will be back for a second season. -  arrow, supernatural, the vampire diaries, hart of dixie, and beauty and the beast have all been renewed by the CW.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 02:53 | Message # 337
I used to watch Hart Of Dixie but because it's not been on TV for a while, I assumed it had been cancelled forever.
I also watch Nikita.  It's fairly good and I enjoy watching Lynsey Fonseca - so that show does it for me.
I've no idea what Carrie Diaries are - is it anything to do with the film by the same name?
The only other one that I view, which you mentioned is Arrow.   I wonder if that means Beauty & The Beast failed?

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 02:57 | Message # 338
After viewing Touch for a while, I came to the conclusion that it was a load of crap.  Perhaps I am missing something?  Funnily enough, Tim Kring also created Heroes (Salva el animadora, salva el mondo), which I used to watch.

I'm waiting as patiently as possible for CONTINUUM to return to our screens in the 2nd season series.

Oh, and the other thing that is mentioned above, a new series called ALMOST HUMAN.
I am thinking Cameron Philipps/Baum.
If it doesn't give me anything that creates the romantic thoughts, anx, family, sorrow, loss, lust, longing, complex & believable storyline that can be discussed 5 years later, so much so that my thoughts do not want to see anything else on TV, then I will be (musn't swear but the 2nd word is 'off'), and stop watching it.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 10 May 2013, 03:01

robboDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 21:27 | Message # 339
`defiance`renewed for second season by scfy. defiance has been renewed for a second season. scfy has announced that the next run will be 13 episodes long and will have even more `action`and intrigue`. season two will begin production in toronto in august and will premiere in 2014. the return of the show will anchor scfys `powerful mondays`block.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 21:39 | Message # 340
That pleases me Robbo.  
There is some good thought put in by the writers about the form of intelligence and emotional status of the different aliens and alien crosses.
Perhaps it is easier to say 'the white haired mother' has a great quality as a diplomat for her husband.
Redhead, Irisa has the ability to store information and recall it with all the emotions that I find quite appealing.
The prostitute sister of the female leader is a great addition and certainly has a way with men who were not fortunate through birth (if you get my meaning).  She is quite a visual tease too.  haha.

jfyi, if it has not been mentioned before, The San Antonio express has drawn the locals attention to the fact that Summer is voicing in the Panzer wotsit Nazi DC comic story series.  I say good for her.  It's not exactly my thing but I have a strange feeling I will not be able to resist checking it out when nobody is looking !!!

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 10 May 2013, 21:40

robboDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 21:58 | Message # 341
me too kevin, really getting into defiance like you have described in your post, just about explains everything really, its a decent show that deserves a second season,  just in case a lot of people miss season one, because a lot of fans of sc-fi more or less wait and see what happens, due to getting cancelled after one season, which normally does happen, but now another season under their belt, fans might just latch on to the show, knowing that the show must be worth watching,

robboDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 23:09 | Message # 342
the cw network has also commissioned four new dramas for full series, including a reboot of 1970s uk show the tomorrow people. tomorrow people has an impressive line-up of executive producers from`chuck, arrow, the vampire diaries, and nikita`and features genre favorite mark pellegrino, as well as robbie amell, `arrows stephen amells cousin`- who will play a character named `stephen`people around the world gaining superpowers is not new, see heroes, alphas, and more, but can be excellent if done right. - i can just vaguely remember 1970s uk show the tomorrow people, but couldnt go in to detail about the show, but interesting its getting a pilot might be worth keeping an eye out for in the future,

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 10 May 2013, 23:15 | Message # 343
Hmnn, it had better be damn good and do what Heroes and Alphas couldn't.  Perhaps this kind of series is like the seasons that last two years.
One grows, blooms, stays in flower for 2 years and then dies, leaving behind it's seed pods.
Then a few years later, when the atmosphere appears favourable, they shoot and we get another batch of flowering plants.
Again, 2 years later, they die off and leave their seeds for future generations.

Is that about it?

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 11 May 2013, 02:21 | Message # 344
It's official!

The network has picked up Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. from Avengers director and Buffy creator Joss Whedon. The series is based on Marvel Universe's fictional and secret law-enforcement agency, Strategic Hazard Intervention Espionage Logistic Directorate.

Clark Gregg will reprise his Avengers role as Agent Coulson, with Ming-Na, Brett Dalton, Elizabeth Henstridge, Ian De Caestecker and Chloe Bennet also starring. Whedon will write and executive-produce the drama, along with Jed Whedon and Maurissa Tancharoen.

EW has the logo:

Zap2it has the cast photo:

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 11 May 2013, 07:13 | Message # 345
ABC has picked up Tricia Helfer new series "Killer Women"

“KILLER WOMEN”

Of all the notorious lawmen who ever patrolled the violent Texas frontier, none are more storied than the Texas Rangers. Being the only female ranger in this elite squad isn’t going to stop ballsy, badass Molly Parker (Tricia Helfer). Molly is committed to finding the truth and seeing justice served. While she’s surrounded by law enforcement colleagues who want to see her fail, including Police Lieutenant Estaban Salazar (Vic Trevino), the Rangers have her back, led by Company Commander Luis Zea (Alex Fernandez). Molly’s also got her brother Billy (Michael Trucco) and his wife Nessa (Marta Milans). On the verge of getting divorced from her smarmy husband Jake (Jeffrey Nordling), Molly begins an affair with sexy DEA agent, Dan Winston (Marc Blucas).

“Killer Women” stars Tricia Helfer (“Battlestar Galactica”) as Molly Parker, Mark Blucas (“Buffy The Vampire Slayer”) as Dan, Marta Milans (“Shame”) as Nessa, Alex Fernandez (“Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen”) as Luis, Michael Trucco (“Battlestar Galactica”) as Billy.

“Killer Women” is written by Hannah Shakespeare, and executive produced by Sofia Vergara (“Modern Family”), Martin Campbell, Ben Silverman, Luis Balaguer, Electus, Latin World Entertainment, and the pilot was directed by Larry Trilling. “Killer Women” is produced by ABC Studios.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: