menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 17:49 | Message # 301
Group: Friends
revolution had a ex alphas actor in episodes 12, 13, malik yoba who played the part of bill harken in alphas, plays jim hudson in revolution, mind you he wasnt in episode 14, so not sure whether i have missed his face in previous episodes, especially with my eyesight or whether he is just in guest starring roles, revolution is certainly starting to step up a few gears to whole new level, quite enjoying the show at the moment, hope it doesnt take a nosedive, smile

malik yoba in nbc's revolution

robboDate: Thursday, 25 Apr 2013, 02:22 | Message # 302
5 SC-FI AND FANTASY SHOWS YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING. 1, CONTINUUM, continuum is futuristic fun, mixed in with lots of action and drama. it is one to check out and has the potential to develop into something quite special. 2, GRIMM, grimm is dark in tone, and full of edge-of-your seat action. it also has cliffhangers down to a fine art. 3, HAVEN, this is a show worth investing in, as once you get into the story you never want to leave it. 4, FALLING SKIES, falling skies is thought provoking drama, with aliens and gun fights. perfect for a night in with a take-away. 5, LOST GIRL, it is dark, it is broody, sexy, funny and exciting. in my opinion it is definitely one to watch. unsure

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 25 Apr 2013, 03:00 | Message # 303
Fair enough. I wish I had more hours in a day but I get tired and need to go to bed or do other things.  I'm sure you know the feeling.   I do like Haven, the #1 lady (blonde), @EmilyroseLA has twitter and often reminds us to watch the next episode.  So, you recommend Lost Girl.  She certainly looks sexy - it is being advertised here.  Of course there is more to a woman than that.
Summer Glau is a good example.  She, like Celine Dion, drew me to her because of her talent in TSCC / singing.

robboDate: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 01:49 | Message # 304
`chicago fire`, `revolution`, `parenthood`, `grimm`, renewed by NBC. chicago fire, revolution and parenthood have all been renewed by NBC. the peacock network additionally announced today `april 26` that law and order. svu and grimm will be back in the autumn as well. really pleased grimm is getting a third series, at least the network are giving revolution a chance to improve with a second season, mind you its not too bad obviously NBC must think the same, otherwise it would have got cancelled, which after one season they normally get canned, as for grimm dead cert solid show,

robboDate: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 02:36 | Message # 305
this season REVOLUTION delivered unto NBC its highest rated first-year drama in what feels like forever. as such, the network has gone ahead and renewed the post-worldwide-blackout series for a 22-episode 2013-2014 season. REVOLUTION is`the seasons top-rated drama on ABC,CBS,NBC and FOX and top-rated new series among those networks in adults 18-49. with a debut season like that, its no surprise that the show, from creator ERIC KRIPKE and a creative team that includes JJ. ABRAMS and JON FAVREAU, got an early stamp of approval. and if the show continues to get better over the remainder of this season, REVOLUTIONS future could be very bright indeed.

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 28 Apr 2013, 04:57 | Message # 306
I decided to watch the episodes of Revolution that I had recorded.  I find twitter is quite distracting these days.  I am sorry to say that the Leader of the band of soldiers, the African-American guy in this story is really extreme in his brutality.  It put me off that he would brandish a gun the way he did.  I stopped watching it after that.
Mind you, the young blonde girl is very striking and I could imagine her in a remake of the film 'The Blue Lagoon'.

Out of your list in the above 2 posts, I don't watch any of those programs.  I guess we have different tastes.
As you know I watch Game Of Thrones.  The last episode was awesome and I have watched the last 5 minutes at least 6 times.  I think it's one of the best things I have ever seen and @SurgingEagle (twitter name) shares my gushing joy over it.

robboDate: Wednesday, 01 May 2013, 02:45 | Message # 307
`dallas renewed for a third season by TNT. dallas has been renewed for a third season by TNT. TNT has commissioned 15 new episodes of the PATRICK DUFFY- starring series to begin airing in early 2014. cant believe this prehistoric show has got a third season, when truth be told TNT could have given the go-ahead for a much needed, something fresh and different type of show, like for instance SCENT OF THE MISSING. which in all honesty would have surely been much better than dallas, same old storylines with dallas, family feuds, money, power, oil, etc not that i watch dallas just remember the old dallas from the 70s, when it did pull in the viewers, TNT should be ashamed for not trying new material, and give a new show a chance to show what it can do,

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 01 May 2013, 03:13 | Message # 308
Yes.

robboDate: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 03:34 | Message # 309
ARROW. a perfect example of a series that has a keen understanding of its demographic, ARROW has adapted and evolved to survive and ultimately thrive, cutting what didnt work in its uneven early episodes and expanding on what did. supporting cast members who showed promise had their screen-time expanded, helping ARROW to build on its strengths - a rock solid lead performance from rising star stephen amell, fantastic action sequences - and so become of one of US TVs hottest new shows, really looking forward to where they are gonna go with this show, when season 2, explodes on to our screens,

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 02 May 2013, 11:30 | Message # 310
Yes Robbo.  I watch every episode.  This series is a comic book story but not so much so that it is laughable.  It is hard-hitting and there is a love interest, two-fold in fact.  It's pretty obvious who he has the hots for.  He thinks is mother is a bad woman but she is not as bad as he will find out.  The police detective's daughter is stunning, just like the lil' lady on this site.
Arrow(Oliver Queen), has the looks and build for the part of a believabe tough-guy suave crime fighter.

I find the series beauty And The Beat to be a little bit lame but I still watch it, as i'm intrigued to see where it goes.
The police detective lady, Kristin Kreuk(Catherine Chandler) is another hottie, whose hands and nails do not appear that of a police detective, still never mind. She looked very very pretty when she went to the fancy dress ball with her eye decorations. I was drawn to her.
I'm not sure about 'The Beast', I get the feeling he is a little effeminate  in fact I think some of the cast in that series are gay but I could be wrong.  My gaydar is quite good but not perfect.
When he said he loved her, he appeared to lack conviction, although he does get to kiss her a lot recently.
Her sister is nice too - very quirky - I like her a lot.

I know Summer's life has been jam-packed with gay guys throughout her life and I'm pretty sure that applied to her ballet profession too.
I worked when a bunch when I left school - they were nice & amusing too.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 02 May 2013, 12:41

robboDate: Sunday, 05 May 2013, 00:36 | Message # 311
BBC AMERICA RENEWS ORPHAN BLACK FOR ANOTHER MYSTERY-FILLED SEASON. if you havent been watching BBC americas sci-fi thriller ORPHAN BLACK, now is not the time to start, as its already five episodes into its 10-episode first season, and the series is piling on the plot development. start from the first episode, take into consideration that this is the networks second scripted show, and you wont be disappointed. and if you are, youre a clone. notice how i said `first season`up there, thats because BBC america has renewed the series for at least 10 more episodes. admittedly, part of the reason the shows rushed thrills are so appealing is because 10 episodes is nearly the perfect amount of time it takes to tell a well-planned story. and given the show is all about clones, its more than possible that the show could become gimmicky instead of whatever level of genuineness its currently at, but im always hopeful. its quite possibly my favorite drama on tv right now, since everything i really love is in between seasons right now. for those unaware, ORPHAN BLACK follows a troubled woman named sarah, who witnesses a woman who looks exactly like her commit suicide, and tries to solve her own problems by taking on the doubles identity. instead of a quick fix, she gets dragged down into a conspiracy filled with police, her daughter, and her former drugged-out life.

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 05 May 2013, 01:29 | Message # 312
The thing is Robbo, how can BBC (which we know stands for British Broadcasting Corporation), be showing a film which does not show up on the UK TV guide?  Here in the UK we pay for a licence fee and yet we don't get to see things made by the BBC, such as this ORPHAN BLACK that you have just told me about.
They did the same with Dancing With The Stars after a few series.  It is BBC WORLDWIDE PRODUCTIONS, yet over here in the UK we do not get to see it.   I complained to the BBC and they gave me a load of balloney about contracts, paper signings (I forget all the legal jargon) but like I said to them, I'm not interetested in the muddied waters of all that rubbish. BBC means...... (as above).
How did you get to hear of ORPHAN BLACK?

@ElizaDushku has just tweeted that her new series 'The Nerdist' is on BBC America. I'm pretty sure the people in the UK who pay a licence fee will never get to see it.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Sunday, 05 May 2013, 01:44

robboDate: Tuesday, 07 May 2013, 02:22 | Message # 313
TOP 8 WANTED TV REVIVALS.  1, CARNIVALE.  2, FIREFLY. 3, DEAD LIKE ME. 4, PUSHING DAISIES. 5, HEROES. 6, DEADWOOD. 7, TERRIERS. 8, PARTY DOWN.  JUST MISSING THE CUT. terminator the sarah connor chronicles. tru calling. reaper. leverage. torchwood. seen carnivale very weird and dark got two seasons, didnt have a clue what to make of it, tru calling got a full first season, but only six episodes in season two, but i thought it was very good, eliza dushku at her very best, heroes was very good as well really enjoyed this show with powers, firefly as we all know now should never have got cancelled, as for tscc it will never be beaten in my lifetime and probably beyond should of at least if anything given a third season, instead of being left with a cliffhanger shouting for more, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 07 May 2013, 02:34 | Message # 314
I used to watch Heroes with Hayden Panetierre (hard to remember her name).  Unfortunately, the writers of Alphas deemed fit to copy her ability in the last episode of the series, including copying TSCC quite a few times.
Because I'm trying to learn Spanish, admittedly very slowly, I memorised this: Salva el animadora, salva el mondo.

As far as Firefly is concerned, I believe that because Joss Whedon has now hit the big time, I don't think he'd want to revive it - even with a new cast.  I don't think he rates Summer Glau any more.

Shame because I don't think she is arm candy.  I would love to see her picked up for something not too odd.   I admit choosing to be an Elf was quite a surprise but I loved her in that.  I know she could not make another Help For The Holidays because she has moved in with the Uncle.  That being said, I suppose they could have little Elves and set up their own Lapland competitors.  Mind you, Who can compete with a guy with a beard who makes toys for nothing!!!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 07 May 2013, 08:50 | Message # 315
Group: Administrators
I don't see why The Hallmark Channel couldn't make a sequel to 'Help for the Holidays', even if it ended on a happy note. It happens all the time in Hollywwod when Execs smells money. I'm sure writers could come up with a good reason to split Christine and uncle Dave.

Screencaps

But Hallmark has already published its movie line up for 2013 and there's no sequel; more, the movie's screenwriter Bob Saenz told us in an exclusive interview that there was no talk of a sequel (but then it was a few months ago, things could change).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: