menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 21 Apr 2013, 13:47 | Message # 286
Group: Friends
Yep. At least Kekoa is Summer Glau related, so that's all that matters.  I'd love to see her in Game Of Thrones as a woman of the woods or something like that.  There again, GoT always involves something gory or sexual/nude somewhere along the line.
Even the young school girl Arya Stark (Maisie Williams), had something pretty obscene spoken to her, of which I don't think anyone would want to have involuntarily done to them.  I hope her school-colleagues don't taunt her over it.

If you don't watch the series you should, I have just paid £85 for a bust of Denaerys with a dragon on her shoulder.  It should arrive in the middle of the week and I'm going to take a photo of it.

robboDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 02:07 | Message # 287
hotel transylvania 2012. i know it sounds a bit silly talking about an animated movie like this one, but if you have great sense of humour you will love this movie, its absolutely brilliant i will make it short and sweet, the film centers on count dracula/s lavish hotel transylvania resort where monsters and their families are welcomed to enjoy themselves away from humans. its mainly a family comedy film but it is so crazy and funny, it features the voice talents of adam sandler, andy samberg, selena gomez, kevin james, fran drescher, steve buscemi, molly shannon, david spade, and ceelo green, enjoy,

robboDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 03:13 | Message # 288
which new fall tv shows will probably get cancelled, 1 of 8  guys with kids, 2, animal practice, 3, the neighbors, 4, beauty and the beast, 5, arrow, 6, vegas, 7, last resort, 8, elementary, not sure whether any of these have already bit the dust, but quite a surprise to see arrow amongst the list for the simple reason arrow is one of my favourite shows, not unless its not doing as well as expected which would be a bit of a shock, so i will just have to hope this list of shows is just a bit unpredictable and way out,

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 04:31 | Message # 289
They will probably cancel them because the general run of the mill population are boring staid unimaginative ao's.  So, nothing surprises me that we get the same old soaps, repetitive format cop shows and all the other garbage which is reinventing the same old thing. Hawaii Five-0 is a good example.  It is just a glorified baywatch with lots of guns.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 11:01 | Message # 290
Group: Administrators
Hemlock Grove is an American horror/thriller television series for Netflix from executive producer Eli Roth, developed by Brian McGreevy & Lee Shipman, and produced by Gaumont International Television. It is based on McGreevy's novel Hemlock Grove, which was released on March 27, 2012. Hemlock Grove premiered April 19, 2013, with all 13 episodes made available for online viewing. The show takes place in Hemlock Grove, Pennsylvania, a fictional small town.

IGN wrote a review and compares one of the actresses performance to Summer Glau's acting:

Also giving good performances are Penelope Mitchell as Roman’s cousin, the wonderfully-named Letha Godfrey, and Freya Tingley as the quirky, would-be writer, Christina. Tingley has a very appealing, unique vibe to her and often evokes Summer Glau, with her introspective, thoughtful delivery.

Freya Tingley as the quirky, would-be writer, Christina in Netflix's Hemlock Grove

This show has new faces but the list of familiar faces is also impressive.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 14:58 | Message # 291
If you stop the video at 0:38 - perhaps like me you might be mistaken that Summer Glau is standing on those steps and that is her voice.  Gee, with her around, Summer had better steer quickly.
With the amount of films, TV series etc coming out of America, I'm sure Summer will find her niche.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 15:24 | Message # 292
Group: Administrators
Quote (KevinInEngland)
If you stop the video at 0:38 - perhaps like me you might be mistaken that Summer Glau is standing on those steps and that is her voice.  Gee, with her around, Summer had better steer quickly.
With the amount of films, TV series etc coming out of America, I'm sure Summer will find her niche.

This show underlines perfectly Summer Glau's position in Hollywood: too old to play a teenager and too young to play the mother.
Yet, I'm convinced that there's room for her in the US film/tv production.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 15:34 | Message # 293
That's her problem. She makes a great looking mother in 'Inside The box' but not a mother of a teen because she is still young and beautiful looking herself.

robboDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 20:34 | Message # 294
`futurama` cancelled by comedy central. futurama has been axed for a second time. the animated comedy will not be renewed by comedy central when it reaches the end of its seventh season, devised by simpsons creator matt groening, sci-fi comedy futurama originally aired on fox between 1999 and 2003. following a series of successful direct-to-dvd episodes, comedy central brought the show back to television, ordering two 26-episode seasons, futurama will now conclude with the second half of season seven- the new run will begin airing on june 19 in the US.

robboDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 20:57 | Message # 295
revolution will expand in scope and kill some folks. since returning from its extended midseason hiatus, NBC`s revolution has taken great pains to raise the stakes of the show. so far we have learned why the power went out, `power-absorbing nanites`, seen the death of a major character `graham rodgers`danny`and witnessed exactly what what general sebastian monroe `david lyons`intends to do now that he has the ability to power the helicopters destroy everything and everyone who stands in his way. all of this starts tonight, with the episode `the night the lights went out in georgia`which was delayed a week due to the tragic bombing in boston. for the first time we will see what life looks outside of the monroe republic,

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 21:07 | Message # 296
I wish I had not read that.

robboDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 21:20 | Message # 297
Quote (KevinInEngland)
I wish I had not read that.
sorry kevin have i opened my mouth and inserted foot with that post,

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 23 Apr 2013, 21:27 | Message # 298
It's entirely my fault, I have a bad memory these days and forgot I recorded the last few episodes and not watched them yet.
It doesn't matter though, it stands to reason that certain things happen but I had no idea how the electricity or electrons were neutralized.

There's a special birthday coming up soon but I'm not going to tell you who it is until it happens.  I was surprised about the age though.

robboDate: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 01:41 | Message # 299
finally got round to watching the first two episodes of hannibal. not all that keen on these crime shows, BONES, CSI, and all this FBI, stuff but i would after say watching hannibal i think i will stick my neck on the line with this show, really enjoyed it viewer discretion advised, wont say too much but in a nutshell sort of reminded me of MILLENNIUM, frank black, this time will graham a special consultant is working for the FBI, he sort of re-creates the crimes at the crime scene and tells them how they died, a lot of mind games to add to the mix there is dr lecter a sort of therapist or psychiatrist, whatever ye wanna call him, and special agent jack crawford who has a lot of interest in the ability of will graham, plenty of blood and gore, and yeah i think NBC, have a decent show in there hands no sign of gina torres yet could be in next episode,

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 24 Apr 2013, 13:59 | Message # 300
That's what I thought. Hannibal would be different from the norm.  But that being said, even Criminal Minds and the other shows investigate deranged killers with weird fantasies and fetishes.

People on this site have a fetish LOL.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: