menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 01:20 | Message # 271
Group: Friends
being human US renewed for season four by scfy. scfy has commissioned a fourth season of hit drama being human. the announcement comes shortly after the final episode of the third run was broadcast on the channel. mark stern head of original content on scfy, said being human really hit it stride creatively this year. this show has become a signature series for scfy and we are thrilled to have it return in 2014. cant comment on the US version of being human, but i have seen a few episodes of the uk being human and i wasnt all that impressed just didnt have the wow factor to make me wanting more, its now been cancelled after five seasons on bbc 3,

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 13:16 | Message # 272
Robbo, exactly the same here. I watched some eps of the UK version and thought it was rubbish. It could have been good but it was not - shame. The guy with the ears that stick out, who worked in a hospital was so miscast - he should never have been given the part IMO, I can't imagine any girls ever finding him real hot and attractive.
(I know he can't help it but that's life - actors are chosen for their looks).

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 15:27 | Message # 273
Group: Administrators
Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles available on UK streaming service LOVEFILM

Read more in the Blog.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 16:00 | Message # 274
ye right kev it was rubbish the uk version of being human, and yet the biggest joke was they cancelled the fades after one season and gave being human another season, because bbc 3 couldnt afford to keep them both because of costcutting, at least the fades won an award for best drama series in 2012. the fades had great potential to improve with another season under its belt, being human had nothing more to give they make some strange decisions,

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 16:17 | Message # 275
Lenora Chrichlow, who was in (UK) Being Human, is actually very good but I was disappointed when I found out she was in 'Being Human'.
Do you remember seeing her in 'Sugar Rush'? I loved that show. It was real funny. It was about a lesbian schoolgirl who fancied Lenora but she was not interested and was always disappointing her with lots of boyfriends. It was excruciatingly funny, because Lenora owned a Sex Shop and it turn out that the schoolgirl's parents are swingers, which blows her mind.
It was filmed @ Brighton & the beachfront, which I am familiar with and been there quite a few times ever since I was a boy.

I can tell you an exceedingly interesting but long winded story about my first wife & her father, related to Brighton, if you're interested.

robboDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 16:41 | Message # 276
ye kev you can tell me anything im always interested, no problem, regards to sugar rush not seen that show sounds interesting, i will have to look that one up and check it out see what the crack is if its funny it will be right up my street, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 12 Apr 2013, 16:51 | Message # 277
Unless Chris & Fermi are happy for me to go ahead, I can't go ahead with idle chit-chat. It's a little bit off kilter but quite interesting for someone like me who can't believe my bad luck. I can always send you a pm with my email address.

robboDate: Sunday, 14 Apr 2013, 02:01 | Message # 278
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Unless Chris & Fermi are happy for me to go ahead, I can't go ahead with idle chit-chat. It's a little bit off kilter but quite interesting for someone like me who can't believe my bad luck. I can always send you a pm with my email address.
just send a pm with your e-mail address it will be a lot easier looking forward to reading the story, smile

robboDate: Tuesday, 16 Apr 2013, 04:16 | Message # 279
walking dead season 3 blu-ray comes in aquarium full of heads, as hit and miss as season three of AMC`s zombie drama the walking dead was, the impending blu-ray release is going to arrive in one hell of a package. one of the most disturbing and enduring images of the season was the governors, david morrissey, aquarium wall full of severed heads. and thats exactly what your shiny video discs will arrive in, a box fashioned to look like a tank full of disembodied heads. are there lights in this box, how does that work, do you need batteries to power your blu-rays, we really are living in the future, while this is cool, i dont know if its 105 dollars cool. thats a lot of money to spend on what was, in the end, an up-and-down season at best, but if youre a huge walking dead buff, especially you collectors out there, and have some extra cash sitting around, go for it.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 16 Apr 2013, 16:11 | Message # 280
Hiya Robbo et al. No, Walking Dead is not for me, sorry lady producer (Gale Anne Hurd), but I don't share your enthusiasm. Not because it makes me queasy, it's purely down to preferences. (There again, perhaps I should watch it from the beginning, as I've just read on imdb that Sheriff Grimes wakes up from a coma in this changed future).

I'm more of a Game of Thrones kind of person. (Continuum, most (not all), Criminal Minds, Spartacus is OK but I'm not overtly impressed with the blood gushing, it seems weird.
American Idol this year is awesome, the girls are the best, believe me. Best ever performance, ever, by Candice Glover.
The Following (Mr hung), is the cult leader.
Revolution, not too bad.

I've recorded Blue Bloods and Vegas but can't find the inclination to want to view it.
How's about Undercover Boss USA and the same in Australia? It's pretty good viewing. (How the hell do I find the time?)
I'm even viewing Wedding Band when I get the chance. They're all recorded.
Glee - yep, I watch that too & I like it, so big raspberries to everyone.
Defiance starts today - I hope I like it, I'm skeptical but I'll definitely watch it.

Have you seen Robot League? I loved the first episode, little blondie daughter beat the big boxer guy with her robot. Funny.

Hawaii Five-0 Kekoa is on over here on Sky on Sunday. I will be composing a massive but fair appraisal of what I think and then posting it on here. So watch out guys.

I've just seen this tweet, tweeted by the lady herself @GunnerGale (Gale Anne Hurd):

http://movies.amctv.com/movie-g....n-3.php

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 16 Apr 2013, 20:13

robboDate: Wednesday, 17 Apr 2013, 01:46 | Message # 281
hiya kevin, where do i begin, i will start with the walking dead its not to bad its a bit hit and miss at times season one was only six episodes, it was really season two where it started to change gears, hold my hands up i watch it regular now and its in my top five shows, i would have to say my top show at the moment is ARROW, just love it also in that elite five is CONTINUUM, ONCE UPON A TIME, GRIMM, you can see by that line up what type of shows i like, gore, fantasy, superpowers, futuristic and apocalyptic fiction, also watching revolution which is not to bad, gonna watch hannibal, and defiance tomorrow so i will keep ye posted on those, enough of me babbling on with my shows, lets get down to the gritty stuff, lets start with game of thrones never seen this show at all, but all i have heard is rave reviews about this show we are talking exceptional reviews, so its about time i started watching this show, like ye say how the hell do we find the time to fit them all in, bones, csi, blue bloods, crime, certainly not for me just cant get into those shows, never even seen castle with the man himself nathan fillion, as far as american idol its reality its a no go area for me sorry mate, the following never seen it plus its fox it will get cancelled like alcatraz, and the awfull terra nova, never seen undercover boss USA or glee dont really know anything about them shows, robot league is that british or american i cant remember, sorry i wasnt much help with most of those shows, dont forget to watch tru-calling when ye get the chance i think you will enjoy it, summer glau is amazing in hawaii five-o kekoa great performance from her adds a bit of bite to the show, thanks for the tweet gonna check it out with the link, smile

robboDate: Wednesday, 17 Apr 2013, 03:10 | Message # 282
hannibal tv series gets uk sky living air date, us series hannibal has been given an air date in the uk. the drama- which premiered on NBC in america earlier this month- was recently revealed to have been picked up by sky living and will air on the channel from may 7th. the show is based on the series of books by thomas harris about cannibal serial killer hannibal lecter. hannibal is set before the events of the silence of the lambs, which was adapted into an oscar-winning movie in 1991. mads mikkelsen takes the lead role of dr lecter, while hugh dancy, laurence fishburne, eddie izzard, gillian anderson, and gina torres, are also among the cast, gonna check the first few episodes out and see what the crack is, might be interesting we shall see,

robboDate: Sunday, 21 Apr 2013, 03:08 | Message # 283
tom hiddleston to star in the crow. tom hiddleston is rumoured to be in talks to take the lead role in the crow. hiddleston has entered into discussions to star as eric draven, aka the crow, in relativity medias remake of the 1994 film based on the james obarr comic series. brandon lee played the role of draven, a man who returns from the grave to avenge his death, in the original film he died aged 28 after an accidental shooting on set. very sad for brandon lee he was just starting to some promise, unfortunately which was strange the same untimely death happened to his father the late great bruce lee who died in 1973 at a tender age of 32. just after the completion of enter the dragon, so sad father and son died at the age of 32, and 28, while they were in their prime as actors,

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 21 Apr 2013, 09:43 | Message # 284
Robbo.  I've had trouble with my Firefox browser.  I wasn't aware of one but after speaking to the experts (recommended by Microsoft professional worker a few years ago, I use Paretologic XoftspySE and all the associated software that goes with it.  He told me how to stop being switched to a Russian (pirate) site when typing in summer-glau.com......).
I'll certainly watch Hannibal when it comes around - I'd like to see Gina Torres - she was a good fireFly character.
Morena Baccarin is really good in Homeland - she had to give a speech at one point - I was impressed. She has a twitter: @MissMorenaB (meaning she is not married !! - any offers?) I believe Eddie Izzard is not such a bad actor, worth watching too.

I'll keep an eye open for The Crow.

I've seen the 1st episode of Defiance.  It was hyped up, so I had to watch.   I don't know what to make of it.  They've got a StarWars Gorilla guy and a few other beings.   I'm a little confused because it suggests that the alien invaders have different forms of intelligent life on their planet.  Either that or they are using genetic engineering to give their version of an ape intelligence.  There are cybo people and you name it they have it.  I'm rather taken by Larissa, with her red hair, big eyes and nose structure.  Very pretty IMO.  (she's the knife girl who ain't scared to use it.  She rides a motorbike too, so the fans of that other TV show will be interested).

Kekoa tonight - I'll try to be fair to H50, as I know they have lots of fans, even if they are a 'dish up, wash up and serve another meal the next day' kind of series.

robboDate: Sunday, 21 Apr 2013, 12:26 | Message # 285
kevin, up and running again exactly the same problem as you my firefox browser, phew, stressed or what, not had chance to watch hannibal yet gonna try and watch it today, but i managed to fit in defiance it passed with sort of flying colours to a certain degree, but ye right not sure what to make of it, it was a real mixture of characters, julie benz the ruler as the mayoress, sort of serenity effect the way it started and the ways of life the way people were walking about, maybe a bit of star wars in it shubacker a bit crazy, then there was characters with the heads reminding me of the old `v`from i think the 90s when it was out, sort of bounty hunter father looking for ways of making money, and his daughter ye she is pretty and strange came back with a gang on motorbikes, great action, little bit of falling skies type of action as well, but overall i think it will be worth giving it chance it was a decent pilot, not sure what they were killing in the forest werewolves, monsters, it was a bit dark for me, kekoa tonight hope ye enjoy the episode, smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: