menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 03:02 | Message # 256
Group: Friends
speaking of continuum, its returning for a second season thirteen all- new episodes begin airing friday, june 7th at 10pm, on scfy, not sure about the season two for the uk on scfy, during its first season, continuum delivered 1.35 million total viewers, 644k adults 25-54 and 537k adults 18-49. in its time period, ranking no 6 in adults 25-54 and no 10 in adults 18-49 among all cable entertainment programs with at least three telecasts in its time period. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 15:19 | Message # 257
Holiday camp - that's a very good description. well done. Yes, it was. I shall watch it again this week just to see what develops, as it was not holding my attention last week.

AlexDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 16:49 | Message # 258
Group: Bloggers
So, the American TV pilot season draws to a close. Has anyone heard anything about possible pilots for Summer? For that matter, does she have any guest appearances coming up? Maybe she is going to sit this season out.

It looks like Josh Friedman has not had anything picked up yet. He had a robot show in the works but I have not been able to find out much about it. The show is supposed to be about a robot-on-human murder case. He is the writer of the pilot script. His partner is Howard Gordon (Homeland, X-files, 24, and other shows).

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 17:03 | Message # 259
Group: Administrators
Quote (Alex)
So, the American TV pilot season draws to a close. Has anyone heard anything about possible pilots for Summer? For that matter, does she have any guest appearances coming up? Maybe she is going to sit this season out.

It looks like Josh Friedman has not had anything picked up yet. He had a robot show in the works but I have not been able to find out much about it. The show is supposed to be about a robot-on-human murder case. He is the writer of the pilot script. His partner is Howard Gordon (Homeland, X-files, 24, and other shows).

Not a word on Summer's involvement on a pilot; all the lead roles have been cast as we speak, anyway.

As you feared, Josh Friedman's pilots for NBC and ABC have not been picked up unfortunately. There's a thread dedicated to Friedman: http://summer-glau.com/forum/20-460-1

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 17:43 | Message # 260
I am quote concerned for Summer because I feel she is a little torn. We know she loves to pick up a new script, knowing it will be her new roll in a series. This enthusiasm is what makes her so good at what she does IMO.
Fans talk of her and Joss Whedon. I am a little bit queezy over that relationship as it would make her his teacher's pet if he is able to get a star role for her. I know Eliza Dushku has done a 2nd film with Joss but she was different because she had a director's role and is her own woman.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 18:08 | Message # 261
Group: Administrators
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Fans talk of her and Joss Whedon. I am a little bit queezy over that relationship as it would make her his teacher's pet if he is able to get a star role for her.

I used to think (and hope) that this relationship would help Summer Glau in her career but i have evolved about this. Now, i don't expect anything in particular from Joss Whedon: if he hires Summer for a role, i would applaude but i think she should (and she does) build her career herself. This is why i fully support her choices to play in mainstream tv shows such as Grey's Anatomy or Hawaii Five-0 or to play in the short drama "Inside the Box".

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

AlexDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 18:13 | Message # 262
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (Alex)

Not a word on Summer's involvement on a pilot; all the lead roles have been cast as we speak, anyway.

As you feared, Josh Friedman's pilots for NBC and ABC have not been picked up unfortunately. There's a thread dedicated to Friedman: http://summer-glau.com/forum/20-460-1

I am not really fearful about Summer's prospects. She works in a very tough industry where only the strong survive and she has done well in my opinion. She probably has a long career ahead of her with ups and downs. And although I don't know what her net financial worth is, I don't believe she is in financial dire straits. My guess is that she received good advice as to how to save and invest given the nature of her family (supportive and encouraging) and no doubt the advice of her colleagues and her manager.

I believe that early on in her career, she probably established prudent financial management practices that have put her in a position to be selective about what roles she wants to play. She has said on more than one occasion that she had turned down roles that she did not like. In other words, she is probably financially independent and so she can afford to say no, not she wants to as she loves her work, but she is not obligated to take whatever comes along.

If the pilot season has drawn to a close without picking her up, then perhaps she can take some time and get involved in some theatre roles, in addition to the short films she has worked on recently.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Message edited by Alex - Friday, 29 Mar 2013, 01:45

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 28 Mar 2013, 19:20 | Message # 263
You're dead right about the industry being tough and I can only quote you by what I see.
I gave a slightly negative response to the series 'Beauty & the Beast', yet despite that I kept on watching it.
OK yeah, I agree that a lot of real hot looking females on the police force is rather dreamy but the actual story is developing in to quite an anx-ridden emotional love triangle and I am drawn in to their strong emotions.
It is showing on Watch and we are on ep11/22.
The Beast, is an enhanced US army guy who escaped being murdered by his own commanders - or something like that.
There are quite a few hotties in the series with new ones each week. Ideal for Summer but I'm sure she looks at scripts like that and is out-competed purely because the casting agents do not see what we see in her.

Edit: I made a mistake. Brendan Hines was Andy Goode(Billy Wisher). Sorry about that.
He is is in the above series?
==
Neil Hopkins played Mr Harris, The School Counsellor in TSCC who was responsible for Jordan Cowan's death. (Why you might say. Because it was suggested to me, and I believe it to be true, that he himself painted the bra and kissing lips on the door after school when no-one was looking, in the rightful belief that Jordan, who was unstable, would go OTT and break up with him. She sure did but he did not expect her to commit suicide).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 17:08

robboDate: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 04:09 | Message # 264
bit of a shame not seeing summer glau involved in any of the upcoming pilots, what more can i say bit bias just missing her at the moment not seen summer glau since hawaii five-o, but hopefully something might come crop up in the foreseeable future, ye right guys the industry its like a minefield, longs if summer keeps out of it she will be ok she still only a young woman career wise, speaking of beauty and the beast kev, i watched a few episodes i just couldnt get my head round the show and gave up on it in the end, who knows maybe i didnt give it a chance must admit there is some hot chicks in the series, well spotted with brendan hines nice one, smile

robboDate: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 04:31 | Message # 265
martin scorsese working on gangs of new york tv series. martin scorsese is developing his hit 2002 film gangs of new york into a tv series. the 70-year-old director is working alongside miramax to adapt his academy award -nominated film into a potential series. the series, which as yet to be tied to a us tv network, will reportedly draw from the events that took place in the movie, and will be set at the turn of the century. the action is said to be set in both chicago and new york.  not sure what to make of this series but daniel day-lewis was outstanding in the movie,

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 30 Mar 2013, 17:21 | Message # 266
Robbo, once again I have to apologise for making a mistake with the actors. I mixed Andy Good up with Mr Harris the Grief Counsellor. @TheRosieMac, who is pretty keen on facts, pointed out my error. Oh gee man. I knew what I meant I just cocked it up but I have corrected my above post #263 above now.

You're right about beauty&tBeast but if you're a bit of a woman like me, you might like the emotional involvement. haha. Seriously, I like it.

If what you say about Martin Scorsese making Gangs of New York TV series, I think that is a great idea and would indeed definitely suit Summer. I will tweet him now - I feel pretty sure that @Martin_Scorsese is correct. (So many frauds about).

robboDate: Sunday, 31 Mar 2013, 03:13 | Message # 267
no problem kev, made plenty of mistakes myself when it comes to actors or actresses, in certain shows. i must admit i was gonna say its sounds like a great idea regarding gangs of new york tv series, in my post but i was a bit dubious i thought i might of got slated as a bad idea, and ye took the words right out of my mouth regarding an opening oppurtunity for summer to get involved.  i think when it comes to tv shows we are all different ive just finished watching tru-calling, eliza dushku, which was made a few years ago which i really enjoyed the series, ps let me know what happens with ye tweet,  smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 31 Mar 2013, 14:15 | Message # 268
If you liked Tru-Calling, then I will watch it when it comes round - if it does.

robboDate: Monday, 01 Apr 2013, 00:09 | Message # 269
kev, i mentioned tru-calling was made a few years ago my apologies it was made 2003-2005, which was a while back so not sure if its been on tv, the insight into the series is a university graduate working in the city morgue is able to repeat the same day over again to prevent murders or other disasters, interesting and mysterious worth a look, smile

robboDate: Monday, 01 Apr 2013, 01:52 | Message # 270
the last house on the left, 2009,  had a certain well known TSCC regular in the film, it was cromartie/john henry, the brilliant garret dillahunt he took a really wicked role very naughty and nasty as krug, a dangerous criminal escapee but otherwise it was a really good movie, very dark and weird but overall a good film,

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: