menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Sunday, 03 Mar 2013, 03:46 | Message # 226
Group: Friends
david duchovny encourages fans to ask for more x-files. like a theoretical return of joss whedons firefly, the prospects of a third x-files film to follow and hopefully make us forget the ultimately pointless. i want to believe have gone from the conventional rumor mill to their own personalized rumor mills with hyper- specific details posing as conversation pieces. this next bit is completely independent of any rumor mill, however, as its more of a plea than gossip.
david duchovny appeared on jay leno wednesday night. when leno mentioned another x-files movie, duchovny gave the expected spiel about everybody wanting to do it. but then he went a little further. chris carter, gillian anderson, and i, were always on board, duchovny says, if you wanna write to fox and get, em going. you could wheel me out. i would be fox mulder forever, sure. he mimed a wheelchair for a while as he said this. its kind of cool that he still exhibits that kind of childlike glee for the role. fans have gotten quite a few shows brought back over the last few years, and its having growing impact on how media is created. this is an era of crowd-sourcing, after all, and perhaps a letter/email campaign will do some good.

KevinInEnglandDate: Sunday, 03 Mar 2013, 14:00 | Message # 227
Fox are good at airing repeats.
Fox execs are as greedy as hell. They're a bit like MPs/Senators - only interested in one thing, that is what benefits them and their pockets most.
I know the advertisers also have a say, which is like a virus in our body ... an incurable virus.
All the time that virus occupies the broadcasters, the health and fair variations of programming to cater for everybody will never happen.
It is like sickle cell anaemia in a human body, it will never function as a whole.
The human race is varied and FOX should realise this. Imagine an urban fox running around without paws, ears and a vocal chord.

Oh well, we will see what happens next. Perhaps we will be pleasantly surprised but I won't hold my breath.

robboDate: Monday, 04 Mar 2013, 02:22 | Message # 228
ye right they are greedy and only interested in money and not what the fans want, which is justice for cancelling the fans favourite tv shows, i dont watch any fox shows boycotted them ages ago, have ye noticed on sky tv channel 124 fox, not sure whether its anything to do with the fox network. thats full of repeats. fox have had some good shows in there hands but just let them slip through with some bad decisions from the ever popular mr kevin reilly the fox court jester, smile

robboDate: Monday, 04 Mar 2013, 03:49 | Message # 229
revolution creator compares the show to game of thrones. nbc revolution, genre fans had reason to expect big things. unfortunately, the first 10 episodes of the show didnt really live up to those expectations, and then the show dropped into a protracted hiatus that it still wont return from until march 25th. the big question is whether any of the people who had checked the show out before will remember. or be interested enough. to tune in when it does return. kripke hopes to entice viewers back by promising revolution will be evolving into a very different show, even going so far as to compare it to hbo acclaimed game of thrones. speaking to tv guide, kripke says that the returning series will be putting aside the smaller personal arcs of the first half of the season and finally launching the revolution in its name. fans of the show will recall that the hiatus left monroe of the monroe militia with his hands on one of the mysterious pendants that can restore power within a limited range. when the show comes back, miles and the rest will find themselves up against a newly emboldened monroe militia that now has functioning helicopters. i think we really look at the first 10 episodes as the prologue to the story. now its time for the revolution to start, says kripke. thats all well and good, but if you waste half a season on prologue, it remains to be seen if anybody will return to see the main event, especially since the shows been of the air since friggin november. revolution returns to nbc on monday march 25th.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 04 Mar 2013, 16:06 | Message # 230
It is a strange story. Either electricity works or it doesn't. You can only put the total failure of everything down to failure because it all uses electricity. So, why all of a sudden can they use helicopters? has the entity that 'earths' electrons started to weaken or gone away? If so, then everything around the world will work, providing the 'earthing' is gone. If mild 'earthing' is still present, then perhaps only nigher voltage/ampage electrical devices will work. Meaning, a helicopter alone would not fly, as it needs electricity and probably computerised controls of the rear propeller etc.

Hmnn

How you feeling TerminatorEmily? Has the bug subsided?
I wonder if Summer ever gets bugs and colds/flu?
btw, on many people you can see a mark that is left by the original spot when chicken pox broke out, I don't see one on her face.
In 2_11 Self Made Man, you can see that John has a chicken pox spot on the right side upper nose. Now ask me how the hell I remembered that?
Answer: I know everything TSCC, so I thought
but when I read http://terminator.wikia.com/wiki/Cameron
under the section 'parroting', I have to admit I never gave it much thought. The person that wrote that wiki certainly gave it a lot of thought and consideration. My admiration goes out to the creator of that site.
I added the word 'Rita' to that wiki today.
I have discovered that it has been edited by at least 3 other wiki members/fans.

It is pretty good imo.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Monday, 04 Mar 2013, 16:14

robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 02:17 | Message # 231
once upon a time tv series on abc, also on channel 5, in the uk a fantasy- drama series. sunday nights episode had a certain guest star playing the part of the young snow white, the grown up bailee madison she was very charming and played a great role, cant believe how tall she is now. also spotted lesley nicol from downton abbey who plays mrs patmore the cook, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 02:38 | Message # 232
NIce one Robbo, it'll be interesting to see how these kids grow and grow. She is obviously not only a smiler/grizzler and had parents that supported her through acting school. (Like Mackenzie, no doubt).

Having studied that episode because of the violence and words, I can see how it was filmed without introducing small children to an adult world. All very clever. This is the kind of thing that Summer would see all the time and of course her view of TSCC is nothing like our view. Hers is, waiting, standings, greenscreen, slowmotion wacking, checking out the so-called concrete walls, bending non-metal pipes etc etc etc. All very different and definitely not terminator-like.

I've set the timer recorder on CH5 and will have a look. I can't see myself getting deeply involved in the human emotions and dynamics, as I'm pretty sure it's designed for children.
All the best.

JFYI, an important event relating to SG fans occurs in 3 days time and I remember how it was quite a big thing the last time it happened.
(I thought I'd get you thinking and wondering. No, I won't tell you.... yet).

robboDate: Tuesday, 05 Mar 2013, 14:12 | Message # 233
one of the biggest mysteries in revolution is why the power went out in the first place. with a question like this at the center of your show, most of us assumed we would have to wait a long, long time to find out what happened. not the case. kripke loosed this big missile. we reveal why the power went out-and we do it early.  the answer will actually come two weeks after the show returns on march 25th, in the 13th episode of the freshman season. while that seems soon for a show to pull out such a stunt, it makes sense. kripke noted that rachel matheson- actress elizabeth mitchell, who worked on the project that lead to the power going out, would know exactly what happened, and has no reason not to reveal that information to the others. hmnn, interesting not sure whether its a smart move from the producers,

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 06 Mar 2013, 20:18 | Message # 234
Group: Administrators
Revolution: Watch the Midseason Premiere's Explosive First Minute Now at tvline

Revolution returns, Monday, March 25 at 10pm on NBC, following The Voice!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Thursday, 07 Mar 2013, 11:13 | Message # 235
jj abrahams new us drama series revolution has been given an air date by sky 1. the post- apocalyptic show will touch down in the uk on march 29th at 9pm.

robboDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 02:25 | Message # 236
the 10 most anticipated movies of 2014.  1, MALEFICENT,  2, NOAH, 3, ROBOPOCALYPSE, 4, THE AMAZING SPIDER- MAN 2, 5, THE HOBBIT PART 3,
6, THE HUNGER GAMES MOCKINGJAY PART 1, 7, X-MEN. DAYS OF FUTURE PAST, 8, KING DORK, 9, JUPITER ASCENDING, 10, THE WORLDS END, i think there is four or five of the films i wouldnt mind taken a bit of interest in, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 14:09 | Message # 237
I haven't seen the original #6 yet but I wanted to. My £3.5k theft included the brand new blu-ray and players. I'm sure it is good and wait for its return after the court case, when my items for evidence are returned to me.

I think I will have to have a massive spend for all the blu-rays of films that I want to but haven't seen. Many films never ever come to the TV screens.
I'm sure THE HOBBIT will be good. You mean to say there was a HOBBIT 2?

I see #9 JUPITER ASCENDING has got Mila Kunis in it. I believe she is one female that could push Summer out of the running for these kind of films, especially if she strips off again.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 11 Mar 2013, 16:31 | Message # 238
Group: Administrators
Thomas Dekker on his way to SXSW Film Festival to promote his latest movie 'Snap', premiering at the festival on March 11! Austin here comes trouble....

Jim is a painfully shy, socially awkward music savant whose inner demons get stirred up when he develops an obsession with Wendy, a young clinical social worker, who is drawn to Jim by her naïve desire to save people. His fixation grows more menacing after she rejects his romantic advances and Wendy is forced to seek out the counsel of her mentor, Kevin. Together they attempt to unravel the secrets of Jim's inner torment before it spirals out of control. A raw psychological thriller set in the underground world of dubstep DJ scene, SNAP takes us on a dark and terrifying journey into the depths of the psychopathic mind as it threatens to explode into horrific violence.

Starring Jake Hoffman (CLICK), Nikki Reed (TWILIGHT), Thomas Dekker (KABOOM), and Scott Bakula (QUANTUM LEAP), SNAP is written by Victor Teran (BEDROOMS) and co-directed by Youssef Delara (FILLY BROWN) and Victor Teran. It is produced by Amir Delara (FILLY BROWN), Ryland Aldrich, Victor Teran and Youssef Delara.

2013 SXSW Film: SNAP - Festival Teaser

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 03:48 | Message # 239
thought i might include a few movies worth looking out for that i have watched recently. 1, life of pi, 2, zero dark thirty, 3, lincoln, 4, flight, 5, lawless,
6, django unchained, 7, snow white and the huntsman, 8, cloud atlas, 9, looper, 10, argo, 11, dredd, 12, safe house, 13, gangster squad, that film gives the impression that the gangster squad were responsible for mickey cohens arrest. in reality, cohen was arrested in 1950 for the more crime of tax evasion. he was also not sent to alcatraz until 1961, over a decade after the films time frame. ps sorry to hear about the theft of your goods, hope you get them back soon as possible. forgot to say not seen the hobbit yet smile

robboDate: Tuesday, 12 Mar 2013, 14:00 | Message # 240
godzilla reboot adds alphas, david strathairn who played dr. lee rosen on the recently cancelled alphas for scfy. with all the fantastic talent associated with godzilla, it may actually be a reboot worth looking forward to when it stomps into theaters in 2014.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: