menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Saturday, 23 Feb 2013, 03:39 | Message # 211
Group: Friends
yeah she met laurence fishburne while filming the matrix reloaded. which was a good film i think they have been married for must be about ten year now, not sure about children like might have been round about the same time as firefly, probably have a look at hannibal never seen gina torres since firefly and serenity, never heard of suits so cant comment on that show, canny bit of stuff gina torres. smile

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 10:02 | Message # 212
Group: Administrators
“The Originals” has cast another important role. Leah Pipes has signed on to “The Vampire Diaries” potential spinoff as the only human lead character.

On Monday, The Hollywood Reporter broke the news exclusively that Pipes had been cast as Camille. The character is described as “a bartender who is fascinated by the question of whether people can be born bad. After a tragic event in her family, Cami became a psychology student in order to study human behavior in the hopes of proving that people can’t just be ‘evil.’ Her fixation on the subject might lead to a bond with Klaus (Joseph Morgan).”

You may know Leah Pipes for her role as Jody in TSCC ('Brothers of Nablus' & 'Allison from Palmdale').

Leah Pipes in Terminator: The Sarah Connor ChroniclesLeah Pipes in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

As @44sunsets reminded me via Twitter, Leah Pipes and Summer Glau both started their acting careers on “Angel”.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 25 Feb 2013, 16:00 | Message # 213
Yes, I remember her real name. Good luck to Leah.

What a difference 5 years makes. I'm thinking of the Hollywood Reporter picture of Leah.
and then there is Sabrina Perez in her new film; Micky & Laura 12-21 Sabrina Perez http://vimeo.com/52047281

Summer has changed too. She lost her muscle mass and puppy fat after giving up her hectic, demanding, strenuous ballet.

robboDate: Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 18:46 | Message # 214
arrow draws nearly 600,000 on sky1, the latest episode of arrow drew nearly 600,000 viewers on sky1, according to overnight data. the stephen amell american drama scored 588k in the 8pm hour, helping the channel to a share of the primetime audience. not to bad considering the uk are absolutely obsessed with reality shows or soaps which are a joke, but everybody has a different view regarding tv shows, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 20:30 | Message # 215
robbo, I once asked someone at SKY where I could find the viewing statistics. Where did you get the info from? My initial question was quite a while ago when TSCC first came out.
(I did find this:
http://www.barb.co.uk/viewing/weekly-top-30?
which shows Arrow as the 2nd most watched UK program for the week in February 1.46m
it was only beaten by a football match with Manchester United and a spanish club.)

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 27 Feb 2013, 20:44

robboDate: Thursday, 28 Feb 2013, 04:56 | Message # 216
hi kev, info was of http//www.digitalspy.co.uk/ pretty good site for a variety of news and entertainment in the showbiz world smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 28 Feb 2013, 21:39 | Message # 217
Thanks. I will also add it to bookmarks too. Did you see this article about Tulisa, she is the girl that the Americans have not heard of but reached the top of the FHM voting pole at one time. (Above Summer Glau).
http://www.handbag.com/celebri....2BPromo

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 28 Feb 2013, 21:40

robboDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 02:11 | Message # 218
no i didnt know that about the fhm voting pole at one time article. just read tulisa gutted and embarrassed over x-factor axe. tulisa contostavlos has reportedly been informed that she will not be returning to the x-factor.very surprised she finished above summer glau in the fhm voting pole, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 02:48 | Message # 219
Yeah I know. She was very popular. I remember watching her mentoring Little Mix (er munchkins) every week and eventually winning that season. She also had that awesome Ella last year. Silly public never voted for Ella and she went out. Tulisa was gutted.
I am digressing now but I guess that until Summer's lovely head and lovely long neck pops up somewhere, we have to bide our time.
Amazingly, @Josh_Friedman is spilling his guts over the TSCC demise and everything related to it tonight. Very interesting and also some not so happy revelations.
I'm glad I'm alert and able to stay up late reading the twitters.

robboDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 03:01 | Message # 220
whats happening with josh friedman over spilling his guts over the TSCC demise and everything related to it tonight. sorry not on twitter so dont know anything about it. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 03:17 | Message # 221
Oh, it's a long story.
I hope this will load: (These are his replies but I can't put in the comments from quite a lot of fans, including myself

you need to start at the bottom of this posting and work your way upwards).

Tweets

18 mins josh friedman josh friedman ‏@Josh_Friedman

TSCC mutated quite a bit--every week we reinvented from ground up. Lots of joy coming up with the new--but that's not what works on network.
Expand
22 mins josh friedman josh friedman ‏@Josh_Friedman

@sepinwall I always felt u can teach an audience how to watch your show. But if you can't get them to tune in, you're dead.
View conversation
1 hr josh friedman josh friedman ‏@Josh_Friedman

Peppy!
Expand

Don't recall entire VO but it began: "I will die. I will die & so will you. Death gives no man a pass." --these were 2b 1st words of show.
Expand

So I'd probably argue that the thing that made the show difficult for many and ultimately got it canceled was...me.
Expand

Also my child was 18mos old at the time and I feared I'd never see him grow up.
Expand

...but the VO that actually aired was completely different than what I first wrote cuz network thought original was too dark.
Expand

...eventually I realized it was the perfect thing for me to write...the first words I ever write after surgery were Sarah's VO...
Expand

...when I recovered, I spent a month worrying I couldn't write the show after what I'd been through...
Expand

I sold TSCC pitch and soon thereafter was diagnosed w/ kidney cancer...I had to put while project on hold for surgery. FBC and WB waited...
Expand

My 8yrold decided he wanted to finally see it. After 10min he said it was too intense so we turned it off. Barely made it past pancakes.
Expand
2 hrs josh friedman josh friedman ‏@Josh_Friedman

People may find this weird but I haven't watched a full episode of TSCC since it was canceled.
Expand

A fave moment was when a tscc writer said to me one day: " Hey, I started watching The Wire. I finally understand what you're doing."
Expand

@_morded_ I was one of them.
View conversation

The bloody wall of clues was as close as we came to doing "mission of the week."
Expand

@MuseZack remember the # of comments from people before show aired who feared it was gonna be Terminator of the Week?
View conversation

BSG wouldn't have survived on network, either. For many of the same general TSCC problems.
Expand

How many times did Sawyer & Hurley use humor 2 explain confusing concepts? A shitload. @DamonLindelof holds your hand, lovingly, but firmly.
Expand

...but scenes themselves are very clean and clear. You never leave a LOST scene not getting what they intend u to get.
Expand

LOST has a very strong central idea: castaways in an island. The mythology and structure become complicated thereafter...
Expand

@JoshMGolden actually, I think LOST is a great example of what I'm saying...
View conversation

TSCC was a complicated world writ in a complicated way. That's not a good recipe for most folk.
Expand

I think network shows work best when the concept is clean and clear. And if its complicated conceptually it needs to be simple in execution.
Expand

@klb9037 I don't know about $ but Id much prefer having my show on for five years. Better for soul and probably career.
View conversation

Terminator fans didn't want to watch a drama, and drama fans didn't want to watch a Terminator show. Difficult show to market, explain.
Expand

@garywhitta Hard to say. I made the only show I knew how to make. I wish I was smarter.
View conversation

SF/fantasy isn't easy on network. World building, mythology, still a tough sell. Truth be told, TSCC wasnt the most commercial show.
Expand
3 hrs josh friedman josh friedman ‏@Josh_Friedman

I love the passion of the fans. Many of u miss show. So do I. But anger at Fox is misplaced. They've tried many genre shows that didn't fly.
Expand

I hold no anger towards Fox for canceling TSCC. Ratings weren't good. They gave it a chance--promoted it heavily. People didn't watch.
Expand

A lot of TSCC fans like to tweet me their anger at Fox 4 canceling show. I've always said--they made a perfectly reasonable biz decision.
Expand

robboDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 12:59 | Message # 222
thanks for the reply kev. by there is a few tweets there interesting reading them like he was really spilling his guts as you so put it, over the TSCC demise and everything related to it, not sure what to make of it as i was quite shocked about the kidney cancer which was quite sad to read hope he has made a full recovery, feels like ive just had a interview with josh friedman great tweets thanks. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 13:57 | Message # 223
Yes, if you could read the tweets from TSCC fans, which were in between his tweets, you would see there was a lot of interest in his being there. Lots of twittering. I had some input too.

(His son is 8 yrs old now).

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 16:09 | Message # 224
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the report Kevin, i'm sure many fans will fint that very interesting.

I recently stumbled on an old report from the TSCC panel at TCA Press Tour Summer 2008:

'Sarah Connor' Shifts Away From Serialization
July 14, 2008 4:10 PM

TALKING 'TERMINATOR': Executive producers James Middleton, left, John Wirth and Josh Friedman answer questions about the new season of "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

“Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles” is one of a handful of freshman shows from last year’s strike-shortened season to return on a high note. Executive producers Josh Friedman and John Wirth have learned some quick lessons from their nine-episode starter season.

Mr. Wirth said this year’s 22 episodes are a little more self-contained, shifting away from the serialization that took place during last year’s run.

“Sometimes the show got overly complicated,” Mr. Friedman said. He said the heavy mythology and serialization of the show muddled some of the storytelling, and this year’s episodes will be “less ambitious.”

New this year as well is Riley, played by Leven Rambin. She's a normal high school girl who runs in with John Connor but doesn’t know that he's secretly the savior of humanity.

Mr. Friedman said Riley was named after Fox Entertainment President Kevin Reilly, after Mr. Reilly strongly suggested that Mr. Friedman introduce a girl character early into the second season.

How about for the actual future of humanity? Will a SkyNet take over?

“Oh, it’s here,” Mr. Friedman said with gallows humor.

Source: tweek.com

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 01 Mar 2013, 16:26 | Message # 225
Yes, it was such a shame because it was things like that which engendered my interest. Mind you, it was different for me because I played the TSCC word game, which meant studying everything TSCC and all the things thereof. Even the sources of coltan, its composition, hardness, atomic structure compared with other metals, whether it was ferrous/non-ferrous and how the actual name Zeira was derived (which I'm sure nobody even thought about).

How it was only a few months ago that I discovered the plaque from the bank and where it ended up. How good was that. I'm pretty sure it was Josh Friedman's idea to place it there. (Does anybody on this site know to what I refer?)

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: