menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Saturday, 15 Dec 2012, 03:32 | Message # 166
Group: Friends
just recently watched cabin in the woods, written and produced by drew goddard and joss whedon, with fran kranz alias dollhouse, and amy acker, chris hemsworth, thor, anyway what a strange film didnt know what to make of it really, not sure whether it was good or bad it was just totally whacky and crazy, people behind hidden cameras in a plot to kill while they are on vacation in the cabin, in the middle of the woods really ye have got to see it for yourself, to give the film your verdict thumbs up or thumbs down. really strange horror flic typical joss. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 15 Dec 2012, 14:28 | Message # 167
It's not showing on Sky Robbo but I've added it on my list of films to see - CU

robboDate: Monday, 17 Dec 2012, 01:42 | Message # 168
funny enough just watched straw dogs 2011, remake film of the 70s, and guess who was in the film, would ye believe it yes i couldnt does this name ring a bell walton goggins, played the part of daniel niles in the film. smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 00:50 | Message # 169
Group: Administrators
Nathan Fillion to Host 2013 Writers Guild Awards West Coast Show

“When I first accepted the honor of hosting the Writers Guild Awards, I was confused and actually thought I was receiving one," said Fillion in a statement. "Since I play a writer on TV, I felt perhaps someone was under the impression I deserved an award and I wasn’t about to correct them. However, now I’m in the perfect position to present myself with whichever award I choose. Who’s going to know? At the very least, I can network with the most talented writers in the business in preparation for my next round of unemployment. It’s a win/win.”

Read more : THR

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 18 Dec 2012, 20:55 | Message # 170
Jeph Loeb on Marvel's S.H.I.E.L.D. co-written, directed, and Executive Produced by none other than Joss Whedon!

Working with Joss, Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, Jeffrey Bell on the show is a blast! And bringing in Clark Gregg to play Agent Phil Coulson -- the best! Hopefully we will be on in the Fall of 2013 on ABC!

Source : previewsworld

That leaves enough time to Summer Glau to play in a short or two in the meantime...that is if she's chosen to play Skye, who has not been officially cast yet wink

robboDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 02:56 | Message # 171
seems to be quite a delay with the part of skye, not yet announced by joss he must be keeping his cards close to his chest, or maybe he doesnt have the final say with the skye part. probably would like summer glau. but just maybe there might be a few hoops to get through. to cast summer glau in S.H.I.E.L.D. really looking forward to S.H.I.E.L.D. hopefully with summer as skye in the show. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 03:05 | Message # 172
If I knew more about it, I would comment but I did not like Buffy and the faces of the vampires. The story bored me so I can't comment on SHIELD. If the series turns out to be poor, I'd hate to think Summer is in it. I'd prefer to see her play safe and take the path that she is taking with 'Inside The Box'.
I could be wrong but those are my fears for her because I imagine SHIELD to be a 'America World Police' kind of thing, which annoys me a little, considering they can't even reign in their gun control.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 09:08 | Message # 173
Quote (robbo)
seems to be quite a delay with the part of skye, not yet announced by joss he must be keeping his cards close to his chest, or maybe he doesnt have the final say with the skye part.

They recently made a wave of casting announcements and everyone thought the name of the actress playing Skye would be revealed shortly after that (i have no doubt the actress is cast for a long time) but no.
Since Joss Whedon's SHIELD pilot starts shooting in January 2013 (according to the last news), the decision to delay the announce is purely based on marketing. Then the pilot is on track for a debut at San Diego Comic Con next July (the whole thing or at least footage), and is scheduled to air on ABC on Fall 2013 (that is, IF the pilot is picked up as a serie wink )

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 13:41 | Message # 174
I've only just seen the last episode of Alphas over here in the UK. I never took too much notice of some of the talking which did not interest me but I have to say as far as Summer was concerned, you'd have thought she was trained by the national grid. She learnt her lines very well and gave the impression she knew what she was talking about. (Condensers or whatever those square things were that you plug in to the electricity boxes). In fact, in TSCC, Cameron did black out the national LA grid, so all they was doing was using her because she did it in the episode: The Demon Hand.

**It is dark. Cameron pauses to check her directions and whether anybody is about. She turns at the end of the back entrance and drives towards the gates on a big police motorbike. It is the power grid building. Once inside, she put her hand in to what appeared to be a cooling device attached to the generator. (This seems more logical, as her hand flesh was not damaged).
She walks over to window to see the panoramic view of LA and watches the lights go out.**

One thing that really annoyed me was the fact that they dressed her up as Cameron.
Some people might like that but I didn't because she WAS Cameron in Alphas and that did not fit right for me. With her boots, leather jacket and jeans. Nope, not for me. All I could do was imagine that she was Cameron infiltrating those buffoons.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 19 Dec 2012, 13:43

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 00:07 | Message # 175
Chloe Bennet has been tapped to join the cast of ABC's Marvel TV adaptation, The Hollywood Reporter has learned exclusively.

The actress, who recurs as record company assistant Hailey on ABC's country music soap Nashville, joins a cast that includes ER's Ming-Na as Agent Melinda May, The Avengers' Clark Gregg as Agent Phil Coulson, Killing Lincoln's Brett Dalton as gruff rising star Agent Grant Ward, Elizabeth Henstridge as science whiz Agent Gemma Simmons and Ian De Caestecker as tech guru Agent Leo Fitz.

She looks like a youger version of Summer Glau; i hope for her she has half of Summer's talent.
Side note : yes, i'm a bit disappointed that Summer was not cast as Skye but the minute i learned they cast Brett Dalton as Agent Grant Ward, i knew that the production was simply looking for beautiful young faces.

robboDate: Thursday, 20 Dec 2012, 01:24 | Message # 176
oh boy very, very, dissapointed in joss whedon for not even giving summer glau a chance, after all the history they have together, good luck to chloe bennet although havent got a clue who she is, but yeah she needs to have at least half of summer glaus talent, so the production team are more or less saying summer glau is to old at 31, as far as beautifull young faces ye just have to look at summer glaus face, she doesnt even look her age, but nevermind it just wasnt to be summer glau will have to consentrate on her other on going projects, for the time being maybe better luck with aphas, overall a bit dissapointed. sad smile

robboDate: Sunday, 23 Dec 2012, 23:04 | Message # 177
not sure if anybody watches the walking dead, according to digital spy it has been renewed for season 4, minus glen mazzara he steps down as showrunner amc confirms, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 24 Dec 2012, 01:54 | Message # 178
I don't watch walking dead but going back to your remarks regarding Summer Glau being too old.
The number of actresses making films these days is phenomenal and they are all young. I agree with you, poor Summer has a fight on her hands and might have to settle for the crumbs that come her way.
Who knows.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012, 17:39 | Message # 179
Are there going to be multiple “robot crime” shows on television soon? by Charlie Jane Anders

Last we heard, Josh Friedman (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) was still hard at work (see tweet below) on the pilot of the untitled "robot-on-human murder" show he's creating with Howard Gordon. But that may not be the only robotic crime show that could be on television in the next year or two.

Read more at iO9

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 26 Dec 2012, 17:49 | Message # 180
biggrin That's good. My personal request is not to name a gynord with a unisex name like Cameron.
Perhaps I should tweet Josh and suggest a name. Does anyone here have ideas for a good name? Cindy perhaps? 'Cindy the cyborg' or Gina the gynord. Oh all right then, Andrew the android.

On to serious talk Chris, do you see this as an interactive fan-writer-producer-director series whose outcomes depends on what happens each week? Or is it an entire series which will be complete. (Like TSCC or Continuum?) tongue

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: