San Francisco Comic Con
September 1-3, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By robbo

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By robbo

Summer Glau at MCM London Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

Submit a News or Article
By robbo

Summer Glau at Rose City Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at MCM Belfast Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By robbo

New comments

RedsBaron on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

Admirator on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

robbo on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

chrisdvanne on: Memories of Summer in London - A story of dedication and fight against fate

robbo on: Convention stories - MCM Belfast

chrisdvanne on: Images from Summer's final day at MCM Belfast

chrisdvanne on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

John Crooks on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

Martin John on: First images of Summer from MCM Belfast Comic Con

New videos

00:01:17

00:14:30

00:03:40

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 115 of 119«12113114115116117118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 19, 12:42 GMT | Message # 1711

Site Admin

Quote KevinInEngland ()
Westworld Episode s1,ep3 has got Gina Torres (Firefly) in it. She plays the wife of a senior man in the backroom/computer room/programming area.

It's always nice to see Firefly alum in other cool TV shows. Wash is gonna be pissed though!

Gina Torres plays Lowe's wife in Westworld 1.03.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 19, 17:11 GMT | Message # 1712

Friends

So Chris, you admit you are viewing Westworld too?
I think it's good.  I like the way they put things in the show that need good observational skills.  It has an element of TSCC, whereby the observer can pick up on things.
For instance and conversely, we don't think Cameron could view events when she is in standby but she could pretend to be in standby.
Whereas, the android, Teddy Flood, played by James Marsden, (He's in the 2nd picture
with Delores) was in the 'damaged android room', disabled with his eyes open.
I predict he saw Maeve Millay, played by the 'naked' (left of the 1st picture) Thandie Newton, stagger in to the room where he was lying damaged before being retrieved by the 2 repair guys and led away.
I think it's good that we have a story about androids living their on/off lives.

Also, I like the repeating scene where a tin is dropped by Dolores, rolling across the road, being picked up by a cowboy/customer.  It's the setting for a scene which is different every time.

Thandie Newton as Maeve and Rodrigo Santoro as Hector Escaton in Westworld

James Marsden as Teddy and Evan Rachel Wood as Dolores Abernathy in Westworld

Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 19, 18:18 GMT | Message # 1713

Site Admin

Quote KevinInEngland ()
So Chris, you admit you are viewing Westworld too?

I have barely scratched the surface of the show; I have only watched the first episode so far (I made a screencap of Gina Torres especially for your message).
So many questions with no easy answer that already has us thinking.

Date: Thursday, 2016 Oct 20, 22:06 GMT | Message # 1714

Site Admin

Quote KevinInEngland ()
I think it's good.  I like the way they put things in the show that need good observational skills.  It has an element of TSCC, whereby the observer can pick up on things.

Speaking about observation skills, did you notice William, the timid newcomer to Westworld, is played by Jimmi Simpson, who played the game master Ronnie in Knights of Badassdom?

Jimmi Simpson as William in WestworldJimmi Simpson as game master Ronnie in Knights of Badassdom

And speaking of TSCC, I spotted Eddie Shin, who played Xander Akagi - the mastermind behind the technology dubbed "Emma" - in TSCC 2.10 'Strange Things Happen at the One Two Point', as a lab technician in Westworld.

Eddie Shin as lab technician in WestworldEddie Shin as Xander Akagi in TSCC

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 21, 01:15 GMT | Message # 1715

Friends

# 1714

Ahh.  I only saw Knights of Badassdom once, so no chance of my brain recognising Jimmi Simpson.
I did recognise Eddie Shin though - he was very familiar to me but I thought he was the guy in The Americans, who was unwittingly seduced by Elizabeth.  I've checked and found out that actor was Rob Yang, similar but definitely a different guy.
I remember Eddie Shin played a timid .... I don't know, perhaps a plastic surgeon in Westworld? His boss was not very nice to him because he was annoyed about something else.

[Edit add] I'm wondering at this stage whether he does in fact play an android.  We'll see.  (Sorry if I spoil things for you).

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 2016 Oct 21, 09:45

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 21, 01:37 GMT | Message # 1716

Friends

# 1714        

Well, I'll be damned, well spotted Chris! Now that's what i call observation skills. 
I've gotta brush up on mine, I haven't the foggiest at distinguishing faces.

Date: Saturday, 2016 Oct 22, 00:19 GMT | Message # 1717

Friends

CBS Sets Asteroid Event Series "Salvation"

Just a few days after cancelling two of its three scripted summer series, CBS has already found one replacement in the form of a new sci-fi thriller event series titled "Salvation" which Alex Kurtzman ("Fringe," "Star Trek") is spearheading.

The story centers on an MIT grad student and a tech superstar who bring a low-level Pentagon official a staggering discovery - that an asteroid is just six months away from colliding with Earth. The serialized hourlong drama has earned a thirteen-episode order with plans for a Summer 2017 launch.

Liz Kruger and Craig Shapiro ("Extant") wrote the script, based on the story by Matt Wheeler. Kurtzman, Kruger, Shapiro, Heather Kadin and Peter Lenkov will executive produce for CBS Television Studios. 

Via: The Live Feed

Date: Saturday, 2016 Oct 22, 00:40 GMT | Message # 1718

Friends

ABC Plans "Enemy Of The State" TV Reboot 

ABC Studios and Jerry Bruckheimer Television are developing a TV series based on the 1998 Will Smith and Gene Hackman-led paranoia thriller "Enemy of the State" with a put pilot commitment handed out. 

Morgan Foehl is writing the script for the television adaptation which is set two decades on. When an elusive NSA spy is charged with leaking classified intelligence, an idealistic female attorney must partner with a hawkish FBI agent to stop a global conspiracy that threatens to expose dark secrets and personal mysteries connecting all three of their lives. 

Neither of the original actors is attached to the project in any capacity, but producer Jerry Bruckheimer is back on board for the series and will serve as an executive producer. The original film grossed $250 million worldwide. 

Gene Hackman top actor, loved his work shame he retired. Could be good with the right cast. 

Via: Variety

Date: Saturday, 2016 Oct 22, 09:52 GMT | Message # 1719

Friends

# 1717 rob.  I can't believe it!!  They cancel other shows to air Salvation, which it seems to be is the same old story.  I can't see how people will be attracted to something that has been flogged to death.

I wasn't interested in Enemy Of The State.

Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 26, 01:39 GMT | Message # 1720

Friends

# 1719 Kev.  I would imagine it would be probably best to tune in to the last two episodes. Coz it seems like that's when it just might get a little bit interesting. Or then again maybe not!

Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 26, 02:04 GMT | Message # 1721

Friends

Five More Join "The Punisher" Cast

Five more names have joined the cast of Marvel and Netflix's "The Punisher" TV series which is currently in production in New York City.

Joining the fray are Daniel Webber ("11.22.63") as Lewis Walcott, a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into society. Jason R. Moore ("A Lonely Place for Dying") as Curtis Hoyle, a friend of Frank Castle's and one of the few people who knows he is alive. Paul Schulze ("Nurse Jackie") as Rawlins, a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan intersect with Frank Castle. Jaime Ray Newman ("Bates Motel") as Sarah Lieberman, Micro's wife whose marriage has made her life far more complicated, and Michael Nathanson ("The Knick") as Sam Stein, a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah Madani (Amber Rose Revah).

Two of these characters, Curtis Hoyle and Rawlins, can be found in the pages of "Punisher" comics, the other three being new creations for the series.

Jon Bernthal will reprise his role as Frank Castle from Marvel's Daredevil where he's joined by newcomers Ben Barnes as Billy Russo/Jigsaw and Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Micro "The Punisher" spin-off series will premiere in 2017.

Via: Netflix

Jaime Ray Newman

Jaime Ray NewmanJaime Ray Newman

Date: Wednesday, 2016 Oct 26, 22:50 GMT | Message # 1722

Site Admin

Loved the cheeky reference to Wonder Woman's invisible jet from Lynda Carter herself in Supergirl.

reference to Wonder Woman's invisible jet from Lynda Carter herself in Supergirl

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 28, 01:25 GMT | Message # 1723

Friends

# 1722 

What a welcoming sight Lynda's beauty is out of this world. Yeah that was pretty cool 'cheeky little wink'
And my word the real surprise came at the end when the episode revealed that the president herself is an alien. 
Fingers crossed that Lynda Carter is playing one of the good aliens, or a more menacing possibility is that Lynda Carter was once a living human who has been replaced by an alien with shapeshifting abilities. I hope she'll be back in the coming weeks (or month's) after departing from National City.

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 28, 01:52 GMT | Message # 1724

Friends

Castle's Stana Katic Eyes Return To TV, As FBI Agent Entangled In A Murderous Mystery

Stana Katic may brandish a badge yet again.

The Castle alum is in final talks to headline Absentia, a crime thriller that has received a straight-to-series order from Sony Pictures Television Networks' AXN (which previously has commissioned Crossing Lines and Hannibal).

The series - which has yet to be shopped to U.S. networks/outlets - follows a female FBI agent who, while hunting down one of Boston's most notorious serial killers, vanishes without a trace and is declared dead. Six years later, the G-woman is found in a cabin in the woods, clinging onto life and with no memory of her missing time. Returning home, she not only discovers that her (stupid, stupid) husband has remarried, she also finds herself implicated in a series of murders.

"Absentia is the perfect blend of crime thriller and character-driven drama for the AXN audience, "Sony Pictures Television Networks EVP Marie Jacobson said in a statement. "With a strong lead, Matt [Cirulnick]'s writing and Oded [Ruskin]'s direction, we have a signature series packed with suspense, surprise and emotional turns."

The 10-episode series will begin filming early next year, to premiere sometime in 2017 on AXN's worldwide channels. Once again, a Stateside home for the series has not yet been pursued/secured.

Via: Deadline

Stana Katic - 2015 Self Assignment photo shoot

Stana Katic - 2015 Self Assignment photo shootStana Katic - 2015 Self Assignment photo shootStana Katic - 2015 Self Assignment photo shoot

Date: Friday, 2016 Oct 28, 02:18 GMT | Message # 1725

Friends

Jim Gaffigan Joins Fargo Season 3 

Time for Jim Gaffigan to buy one of those hats with the ear flaps, because he's heading to Fargo. The actor and stand-up comedian will be part of the FX series' upcoming third season. 

Gaffigan will play police deputy Donny Mashman, who works with Chief Gloria Burgle (The Leftovers' Carrie Coon) at the Eden Valley PD.

Season 3 of Fargo (premiering in Spring 2017) focuses on a pair of lookalike brothers, both played by Ewan McGregor. The older of the two, Emmit, is a good-looking, self-assured real estate magnate known as the Parking Lot King of Minnesota. His younger sibling, Ray, is a flabby parole officer who blames Emmit for his sorry state of affairs. 

Mary Elizabeth Winstead (BrainDead) and Scoot McNairy (Halt and Catch Fire) will co-star. 

Via: TVLine

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 115 of 119«12113114115116117118119»
Search: