menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2016, 00:45 | Message # 1696
Group: Friends
# 1692

Well I've gotta admit, i will second that Cammy! 
Absolute spot on with this show 'Stranger Things' one of the best new shows in 2016. 

Very addictive show, and hats off to all of the child actors here they were amazing.
It's got a good intriguing story-line, and exceptionally well-done sets with costumes and hair and great music that gives you that 80s feeling. 
After the 8 episodes you are definitely crying out for more from this show.

robboDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2016, 00:58 | Message # 1697
Stitchers Renewed For Season 3 

The Stitchers gang will continue making - and invading - memories at Freeform.

During a Facebook Live event on Thursday, stars Emma Ishta and Kyle Harris announced that the sci-fi drama has been renewed for a 10-episode third season. A premiere date and time have yet to be determined.

For those who don't speak fluent Freeform, Stitchers follows a young woman named Kirsten (Ishta) who, along with the help of a top-secret organization, stitches herself into the memories of the deceased in order to solve crimes.

Can't comment on this one, unfortunately i haven't seen the show.  

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2016, 01:22 | Message # 1698
The Last Ship Enlists Peter Weller To Recur During Season 4 

Peter Weller will help The Last Ship stay the course next summer. 

Filmdom's erstwhile Robocop will recur during Season 4 of the TNT action-drama as Dr. Paul Vellek, a world-renowned authority in genetic modification and plant biotechnology. Vellek's expertise will play a critical role in the latest mission for the Nathan James and her crew. 

Weller's previous TV credits include Longmire, Sons of Anarchy, Dexter and 24. 

The Last Ship was renewed for Season 4 in August, and then barely a month later also got a Season 5 pick-up. 

Ahh! Robocop (Murphy) Dead or alive, you're coming with me. Awesome movie from the 80s

robboDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2016, 02:37 | Message # 1699
Humans Series 2: UK Start Date Announced 

Artificial intelligence drama Humans returns to Channel 4 in the UK this October. 

October 2016 is proving to be an excellent month for nightmarish, thinky future-tech TV drama. Not only is it host to Westworld and Black Mirror series 3, but also series two of Channel 4's terrific Humans. 

Sunday the 30th of October at 9pm in the UK is your diary date for the new Humans, as confirmed by lead Gemma Chan (Anita/Mia). 
We'll bring you the AMC US start date as soon as one is confirmed. 

Great news this show is coming back, especially with Gemma Chan strutting her stuff. 

Via: Den of Geek

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2016, 12:59 | Message # 1700
Hiya robbo.  Yes, I watched the last series of Humans.  Anything cyborg/android/gynord (opposite of gynord too!), fembot, (apparently the male is an android, although it can be both). Droid, bot....
I like to see what the thoughts are from the creators of the series, to see what I can make of their ideas.
WestWorld, (HBO), tackles some of the suttle intricasies of movement that can attract a member of the opposite sex.... or not.... depending on what you like.  Westworld even included a female scientist with thoughts along those lines.
The British version, Humans, is obviously much tamer with total censorship, as opposed to HBO's Westworld.
Syfy UK is running Firefly again, and guess what, I'm watching it from the beginning again.  Joss Whedon did a good job with it.  Much better than many b movies that are shown on that channel.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming episode where River emulates the Irish trader's way of talking.  She did a good job in that.
Mark Sheppard as Badger.

robboDate: Sunday, 09 Oct 2016, 01:22 | Message # 1701
# 1701 

Hiya Kevin. I'm not a lover of the British shows but I must admit I do like "Humans" and of course the delightful 'Gemma Chan' I see 'Carrie-Anne Moss is in Series 2 this season. 
I watched her in "Jessica Jones" recently. 

I was very impressed with HBO's ($100 million budget TV series) "Westworld" definitely worth keeping tabs on each week. 

Yes I've noticed "Firefly" is back on our screens in the UK on Syfy. To this day I still can't believe this show got canned by Fox:>

robboDate: Sunday, 09 Oct 2016, 02:17 | Message # 1702
Sigourney Weaver Is "Defenders" Villain 

Marvel's head of TV Jeph Loeb has announced that Sigourney Weaver has scored the key role of the villain in Marvel and Netflix's upcoming event series "The Defenders". 

The surprise reveal was made at New York Comic Con with fans getting to see Weaver arrive onstage next to the Defenders themselves - Charlie Cox, Finn Jones, Krysten Ritter, and Mike Colter. 

What villain Weaver will play is the obvious question, and that is unknown at this time. Production on "The Defenders" is slated to begin in a few weeks ahead of a late 2017 premiere. 

Fantastic actress:> Especially in 'Aliens' 

Via: The Verge

robboDate: Sunday, 09 Oct 2016, 02:32 | Message # 1703
"Ash v Evil Dead" Renewed For Season 3 

Unsurprisingly, Starz has greenlit a third season of its supernatural comedy "Ash vs. Evil Dead" with ten more episodes on the way next Fall. 

The announcement, made a day after the show's New York Comic-Con panel, comes just fives days after the second season of the series premiered on the premium cabler. 

The Season 2 debut of 'Ash' pulled in 733,000 viewers over all its airings on Sunday night in Live+Same Day results, up 14% in overall ratings and up a whopping 63% in the adults 18-49 demographic making its renewal a no-brainer. 

What can i say other than Lucy Lawless she ages like a fine wine:<

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Friday, 14 Oct 2016, 02:34 | Message # 1704
Fox's "Lethal Weapon" Gets A Full Season 

Fox has ordered a full season of its hit action drama "Lethal Weapon," picking up an additional five episodes which will bring its total to eighteen for this season.

The announcement was made today by David Madden, President of Entertainment at Fox Broadcasting Company who said in a statement: "Lethal Weapon delivers an explosive and wildly entertaining core relationship between two cops, with dynamic performances by Damon Wayans and Clayne Crawford, surrounded by cinematic action, endearing humor and true heart. Matt Miller, McG, Dan Lin and Jennifer Gwartz have done a tremendous job on this show, which has proven to be a self-starter and solid companion for Empire. We are thrilled to add these episodes to Lethal Weapon's first season."

The show was Fox's highest fall premiere in two years, with a 3.2/12 Live+7 rating among Adults 18-49 and 12.4 million viewers across all platforms to date. It is the No.3 new drama this season with an average multi-platform audience at 3.0/11 in the key-demo and 11.5 million total viewers in Live +7. Reviews for the series have not been kind. 

Probably be able to tell the quality of this show in the UK by which channel picks it up. I would imagine that will be a big tell. 

Via: Fox

robboDate: Monday, 17 Oct 2016, 03:00 | Message # 1705
Sink, Montgomery Join "Stranger Things" 

Sadie Sink ("American Odyssey," "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt") and Dacre Montgomery ("Saban's Power Rangers") have joined the cast of Netflix's "Stranger Things" for its second season. The pair will play series regulars for the new season, while breakouts Joe Keery (Steve) and Noah Schnapp (Will) have been upped from recurring to regulars as well. 

Sink will play Max, a tough and confident girl whose appearance and pursuits seem more typical of boys than of girls in this era. She has a complicated history and is suspicious of those around her. 

Montgomery will play Billy, Max's hyper-confident and edgy older step-brother. He steals girlfriends away from their boyfriends, is great at drinking games and drives a black Camaro. But under his apparent charisma, is a violent and unpredictable nature. 

One other major new regular role is expected to join the 1980s-set spooky drama, but that part and who is playing it hasn't been revealed as yet. Production is currently underway on the second season which will air in 2017. 

Can't wait for season 2. What an awesome show this one is. 

robboDate: Monday, 17 Oct 2016, 03:20 | Message # 1706
"Scream," "Van Helsing" Score Renewals

MTV has announced that they've renewed their "Scream" TV series for a shortened third season run of six episodes. New showrunners will take over for the third season, the third such replacement for the show.

The order comes ahead of a two-hour Halloween special on October 18th which moves the show's setting, so it's unclear if this will follow the show's original plan of becoming an anthology.

The new comes as Syfy has renewed its new action-horror series "Van Helsing" for a second season. The series, which premiered last month, will return for 13 all-new episodes with production to begin in January.

In the series after a catastrophic volcano eruption, the last remaining underground vampires rise up through a dark, ash-filled sky to overtake America. Vanessa Van Helsing (Kelly Overton), a descendant of the legendary line of vampire hunters, awakens from a three-year coma to discover that she's not only immune to the bloodthirsty predators - but also has the ability to make them human again.

Via: The Live Feed

Kelly Overton arrives at the People's 'Ones To Watch' party at E.P. & L.P. on October 13, 2016 in West Hollywood, California.

Kelly Overton arrives at the People's 'Ones To Watch' partyKelly Overton arrives at the People's 'Ones To Watch' party

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2016, 01:38 | Message # 1707
"Walking Dead" Renewed For Eighth Season 

One week ahead of its seventh season premiere, AMC has given its hugely popular zombie drama series "The Walking Dead" an early eighth season renewal. 

The announcement was made at the beginning of a two-hour retrospective "The Walking Dead: The Journey So Far" which aired last night. As usual, the eighth season will consist of sixteen episodes with a late 2017 premiere targeted. 

Current showrunner Scott Gimple is set to return for the episodes with the eighth season premiere set to serve as the 100th episode of the show. Before that though we have the seventh season premiere which goes to air on October 23rd. 

Hats off to all connected with the show, but i would after say i would have thought they would of greenlit the show to maybe season 10. And maybe by then they'll have an end in mind. But then again on the other hand the producers might not really see an end to this show. We'll see!!

Via: AMC

robboDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2016, 01:55 | Message # 1708
"MacGyver," "Kevin," "Bull" Get Full Season Orders 

CBS has handed out full season orders to three of its top rated new series - "Bull," "Kevin Can Wait," and "MacGyver"

The three shows, along with the network's returning hit programs, have helped CBS win the first three weeks of the season for the eighth consecutive year. All three have improved their time period compared to a year ago. 

"Bull" is the top new program of the season, averaging 17.32 million viewers and a 2.6/9 in adults 18-49. "Kevin Can Wait" is the season's top new comedy averaging 11.26 million viewers and a 2.8/9 in adults 18-49. "MacGyver" is Friday's top new program, averaging 11.35 million viewers and a 1.9/8 in adults 18-49. 

Via: CBS

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 18 Oct 2016, 22:44 | Message # 1709
Westworld Episode s1,ep3 has got Gina Torres (Firefly) in it. She plays the wife of a senior man in the backroom/computer room/programming area.
According to imdb, she's only in the 1 episode, and, like Sabrina Perez in #majorCrimes S5,ep3, she's only in in for less than a minute.
Oh well. It was nice to see she's still looking great.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 19 Oct 2016, 12:42 | Message # 1710
Group: Administrators
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Westworld Episode s1,ep3 has got Gina Torres (Firefly) in it. She plays the wife of a senior man in the backroom/computer room/programming area.

It's always nice to see Firefly alum in other cool TV shows. Wash is gonna be pissed though!

Gina Torres plays Lowe's wife in Westworld 1.03.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: