menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 22 Aug 2016, 20:28 | Message # 1681
Group: Friends
No doubt everybody visiting this site, even the newbies, will remember Chola in TSCC.
Well, she's still out there appearing in films and TV series.
She can be seen in Major Crimes, series 5, episode 3.
http://www.imdb.com/title....ps_sn_5
I don't think it will be shown in the UK until much later.

I thought her stint with Cameron outside Carlos's pad up against the car bonnet was highly rememberable. (Is that a word?)  How about memorable instead.
Sabrina Perez tweeted the above information and I happened to spot it.

robboDate: Thursday, 01 Sep 2016, 00:19 | Message # 1682
Grimm To End With Season 6 

Not even Grimm's magic stick can fix everything: The supernatural series will come to a close at the end of Season 6, NBC announced Monday. 

The final season will begin on Friday, Jan. 6, at 8/7c. 

In April, NBC shaved Grimm's 22-episode order to 13, which was the first signal that the drama might not be back for a seventh season. In July, members of the show's cast said that they were unsure about whether or not the drama would be back - just like they had been many times in the past. 

"We've been talking about that for three years," Silas Weir Mitchell said. "Like, is this the end? We don't know." His on-screen wife Bree Turner added, "We've just always been very present and very appreciative and it's just been a super fun ride."

And because of that, David Giuntoli said, "It's a gratitude season, not a funeral season."

Gutted!! The show has lasted well, i suppose at least they should have a chance to wrap it up properly. 

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Thursday, 01 Sep 2016, 01:10 | Message # 1683
Netflix Officially Renews "Stranger Things"

It's official, Netflix's smash hit 1980s-set supernatural series "Stranger Things" has been renewed by the streaming service for a second season to air next Summer. 

The new season is also going a little longer with a nine-episode order, up from the eight for the first season. The Duffer Brothers are returning to pen and produce the series which will focus on the same characters and be set in the Fall of 1984. However, the pair are being coy about one key player who seemingly died in the finale, saying their fate is "up in the air". 

The nine episodes already have titles too - "Madmax", "The Boy Who Came Back To Life", "The Pumpkin Patch", "The Palace", "The Storm", "The Pollywog", "The Secret Cabin", "The Brain" and "The Lost Brother".

The Duffers say James Cameron will be a big influence on the style this time out, especially the way he does sequels: "he makes them feel very different without losing what we loved about the original."Events will venture outside Hawkins a little, and there'll definitely be more of the 'Upside Down' explored. 

They also revealed that at one point they considered a different approach for a second season: "I don't think we ever thought anthology. I think we talked like a larger time jump where the kids are older now and it's a different decade. That's something we batted around from the very beginning. But for us, there's still more story here, there's still things that are unresolved."

Via: Netflix

robboDate: Thursday, 01 Sep 2016, 01:39 | Message # 1684
Metallo To Be Played By Frederick Schmidt On Supergirl

When Superman makes his way to Supergirl this fall, the Man of Steel will be facing off against one of his oldest foes from the comics. Frederick Schmidt has been tapped to play Metallo.

When international assassin John Corben is badly injured after taking on both Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and Superman (Tyler Hoechlin), he is reborn by a shadow organization into the Kryptonite-powered supervillain Metallo.

Superman's adversary first appeared in Action Comics in 1959, but has been showcased in many iterations - all usually involving some form of Kryptonite-powered suit or cybernetic enhancements. Smallville fans may recall that Brian Austin Green took of the mantle of Metallo in season 9 .

Schmidt joins other Supergirl newcomers in Season 2, including Hoechlin as Superman, Lynda Carter as POTUS, Chris Wood as Mon-El, Sharon Leal as Miss Martian, Katie McGrath as Lena Luthor, Ian Gomez as Snapper Carr, and Floriana Lima as Maggie Sawyer.

Metallo will appear in at least two episodes, starting with the season 2 premiere, airing Monday, Oct. 10 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

Via: EW

Melissa Benoist attends 'The Edge Of Seventeen' premiere during the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival at Roy Thomson Hall on September 17, 2016 in Toronto, Canada. (Photo by George Pimentel/WireImage)

Melissa Benoist attends 'The Edge Of Seventeen' premiere during the 2016 Toronto International Film FestivalMelissa Benoist attends 'The Edge Of Seventeen' premiere during the 2016 Toronto International Film Festival

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 01 Sep 2016, 10:58 | Message # 1685
# 1685 robbo.

I'm not sure how Frederick Schmidt will be portrayed in a Supergirl episode but I found this picture of him:

I have not seen Brian Austin Green in Smallville as Metallo, so I got a picture of him (Hmnn, looks painful but there again it might not be.  Awesome makeup special effects imo):

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 01 Sep 2016, 10:59

robboDate: Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 01:22 | Message # 1686
# 1686 Kevin. 

One thing for sure going of the picture he looks pretty gruesome. should be fun my friend!

Hmnn, I have to say Mr. Green looks pretty toned up and mighty impressive as Metallo. Ouch!!!

robboDate: Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 01:36 | Message # 1687
Syfy Renews "Dark Matter," "Killjoys" For Season 3

Syfy has announced that its Canadian import series "Killjoys" and "Dark Matter" have both been renewed for third seasons. The news comes as both head into their second season finales this month.

"Killjoys" has had a solid run on Fridays, averaging 1.1 million total viewers in Live+3 results. "Dark Matter" hasn't gone quite as well.

Both shows continue Syfy's push in the past few years to reinvent itself with a focus on more traditional science-fiction fare which has lead to critical darlings like "12 Monkeys" and "The Expanse" along with "The Magicians" and "Z Nation". Two more shows, "Channel Zero" and "Incorporated," are set for the Fall.

Via: The Live Feed

Dark Matter's Melissa O'Neil attends the 6th Annual Producers Ball presented by Fandango in support of The 2016 Toronto International Film Festival at IT House x Producers Ball on September 9, 2016 in Toronto.
 (Photo by GP Images/WireImage)

Melissa O'Neil at The 2016 Toronto International Film FestivalMelissa O'Neil at The 2016 Toronto International Film Festival

robboDate: Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 02:00 | Message # 1688
Georgina Campbell Is Female Lead In "Krypton"

British actress Georgina Campbell ("After Hours," "Broadchurch," "King Arthur: Legend of the Sword") has scored the female lead of Lyta Zod in Syfy's upcoming Superman prequel pilot "Krypton".

Based on the DC Comics characters, the series is set two generations before the destruction of Superman's home planet.

The action follows Kal-El's grandfather Seg-El. With the House of El ostracized and shamed, he fights to redeem his family's honor and save his beloved world from chaos.

Campbell's Lyta Zod is a cadet in Krypton's military caste and the daughter of General Alura Zod. Lyta has been having a clandestine, forbidden romance with Seg-El.

David S. Goyer created the series and will executive produce with Damian Kindler for Warner Bros. Television and Phantom Four. Colm McCarthy will direct the pilot from a story and teleplay by Goyer & Ian Goldberg.

Via: Deadline

Georgina Campbell poses for a photo in the winners room during the House Of Fraser British Academy Television Awards 2016 at the Royal Festival Hall on May 8, 2016 in London, England. (Photo by Dave J Hogan/Getty Images)

Georgina Campbell at the House Of Fraser British Academy Television Awards 2016Georgina Campbell at the House Of Fraser British Academy Television Awards 2016

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 13:15 | Message # 1689
# 1688 robbo - That's funny, I prefer Dark Matter.

# 1689 Hmnn, they've created another series.  They're certainly on a roll.  I'll watch it.
Here's the link - plenty of pictures of her to see.
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3569284/
I remember her in the film: Murdered by my Boyfriend.  Dark but good.

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 05 Sep 2016, 23:22 | Message # 1690
Has anyone mentioned Hunters yet?  I've just started watching it on SyFy and it looks good.
Guess who created it? I'll tell yer, it was Natalie Chaidez.  Do I need remind you of her contribution to TSCC? She was Co-Executive and Consulting Producer throughout.
She's been busy since then but now she has created Hunters.
I'd recommend a look guys.

Oops. Gale Anne Hurd is Executive Producer too.  I've got good hopes for this one.
I also noticed another TSCC name: Zane/Pillsbury Casting, CSA.
Filmed in Australia.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 06 Sep 2016, 00:26

CammyDate: Friday, 09 Sep 2016, 19:19 | Message # 1691
Quote robbo ()
Netflix Officially Renews "Stranger Things"

-snip-

No doubt the best sci-fi / mystery show in years. The child actors easily outperform most adults, goddamn. Super 8's got nothing on this!

don't bother they're here

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 09 Sep 2016, 20:52 | Message # 1692
# 1692 Cammy
I'll add it to my programs/films to see list.

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 23 Sep 2016, 08:52 | Message # 1693
Group: Administrators
I thought I'd share with you these inspired words by Summer's friend J August Richards. Never give up on your dreams!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 28 Sep 2016, 21:05 | Message # 1694
Group: Administrators
So Garret Dillahunt's character plans to terminate (!!) every single Comanche in TNT's post-Civil War drama pilot "Monsters of God". We'll see!

Garret Dillahunt is set as the lead in Rod Lurie’s post-Civil War drama pilot Monsters of God for TNT, from Brad Pitt’s Plan B Entertainment. 

Vicious, relentless, and a tower of a man, Colonel “Terrible” Bill Lancaster is the newly in-charge leader at Fort Thayer, a military base in Texas that exists to make peace with the nearby Comanche tribe. A fighter for the North in the Civil War, Lancaster’s morals stopped there; he now focuses on the total extermination of the Comanche, a goal in contrast to his orders.

Source: Deadline

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 28 Sep 2016, 21:34 | Message # 1695
Gosh! Garrett goes from bad to humourous, then back to bad again.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 28 Sep 2016, 21:34

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: