menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Wednesday, 27 Jul 2016, 23:12 | Message # 1666
Group: Friends
AMC Renews "Turn" For A Final Fourth Season 

AMC has renewed its Jamie Bell-led Revolutionary War drama "Turn: Washington's Spies" for a ten-episode, fourth and final season to air in 2017. 

Producer and showrunner Craig Silverstein will remain with AMC with a new two-year overall deal to develop and produce new projects for the cable network. Season three of the period drama averaged 1.2 million total viewers and ranks among the top ten for affluent adults 18-49. It is also a top five series in ad-supported cable. 

The decision to wrap comes after this past weekend saw the series finale of the network's railroad drama "Hell on Wheels" go to air. 

Love this show Turn! Great period series that holds close to the historical facts but also includes plenty of other drama to keep you on the edge of yer' seat. 

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Thursday, 28 Jul 2016, 00:11 | Message # 1667
WWE Star Edge Joins 'Vikings' Season 5 In Recurring role 

Adam Copeland, former WWE Superstar Edge, is set for a recurring role in the upcoming fifth season of the hit History drama series Vikings. 

Copeland will play Ketill Flatnose, a fierce and brave warrior, chosen by Floki to be one of the leaders of the Viking party intent on traveling to Iceland to set up a community there. He joins Jonathan Rhys Meyers who was previously announced as joining the Season 5 cast. 

Copeland previously recurred on Syfy's Haven and next will be seen in WWE'S 

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Tuesday, 02 Aug 2016, 23:34 | Message # 1668
TNT Renews "Last Ship," Orders "Monster" 

As part of its presentation at the Television Critics Association press tour in Beverly Hills, TNT has made several key series announcements with the big one being its naval action drama "The Last Ship" being renewed for a fourth season. 

The Turner-owned network has also greenlit the limited-run discussion series "The Race Card" which famed athlete Charles Barkley will produce. Barkley plans to take on today's hot-button topics by seeking out the sharpest and most varied viewpoints from cultural leaders and tastemakers. Six hour-long episodes are planned for an early 2017 launch. 

Finally, they're also doing "Monsters of God," the Rod Lurie-produced post-Civil War drama which explores the savagery and violence of Colonel "Terrible" Bill Lancaster's holy war against the Comanche as he sets out on a quest to kill off every single member of the tribe. Lurie wrote the script and serves as executive producer and director on the pilot. 

TNT also has the Bradley Whitford and Toby Jones-led drama "Civil" in the works, along with the nail salon drama "Claws". 

Via: Variety

robboDate: Wednesday, 03 Aug 2016, 01:45 | Message # 1669
Houdini & Doyle Cancelled At Fox 

Fox is making Houdini & Doyle vanish into thin air: The network has cancelled the magic-mystery series after one extremely low-rated, poorly reviewed season. 

The 10-episode period drama, which starred House's Michael Weston as master magician Harry Houdini and Episodes' Stephen Mangan as Sherlock Holmes author Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, drew 2.6 million viewers and a 0.7 demo rating when it premiered last May. Those numbers fell to 1.77 mil/0.4 with last month's season finale. 

The series followed Houdini and Doyle as they assisted Scotland Yard detectives in solving inexplicable and possibly supernatural cases. 

Via: Fox

robboDate: Tuesday, 09 Aug 2016, 01:46 | Message # 1670
Sarah Grey Is Star Girl In "Legends Of Tomorrow"

"Power Rangers" and "iZombie" actress Sarah Grey has been cast as the DC Comics superhero Stargirl, a member of the Justice Society of America, in the upcoming second season of The CW's "DC's Legends of Tomorrow."

She joins fellow JSA members like "Suits" regular Patrick J. Adams as Hourman, Amaya Jiwe as Vixen, and "iZombie" actor Matthew MacCaull as Commander Steel. The key roles of Dr. Mid-Nite and Obsidian have yet to be cast. 

In the comic she wields a cosmic staff and wears the Cosmic Converter Belt, which offers her enhanced agility and strength among other abilities. The Justice Society of America plays a major part of the second season of the time-travel action series which returns on October 13th. 

Looking forward seeing her in that outfit. 

Via: IGN

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 09 Aug 2016, 10:26 | Message # 1671
# 1671 I see Sarah Grey was in iZombie earlier this year.  By coincidence, I have recorded it.  I'll watch it tonight to see how the hottie gets on.
Edit add: My mistake, I recorded something else, so I won't see her.

Sarah Grey

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 10 Aug 2016, 13:28

robboDate: Saturday, 13 Aug 2016, 01:10 | Message # 1672
# 1672  Wow! Kevin she's pretty cute.

robboDate: Saturday, 13 Aug 2016, 01:42 | Message # 1673
"Homeland" Scores A Multi-Season Renewal 

Filming on the sixth season of Showtime's "Homeland" kicks off next week in New York and ahead of that, the network has given the series a huge vote of confidence with the announcement of it being renewed for a seventh and eighth season - taking the show through to 2019. 

The upcoming sixth season will be set around New York and takes place between Election Day in early November and the presidential inauguration in late January. Elizabeth Marvel takes on the role of the junior New York Senator who has become the president elect in the new season. 

Showrunner Alex Gansa revealed at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour yesterday that they have consulted with former NSA head Michael Hayden about the new season which has both Claire Danes' Carrie and Mandy Patinkin's Saul returning. 

But what of Rupert Friend's Quinn who seemingly died in his final scenes last year? Friend is back as a series regular here. Speaking about his return, Gans says:

"Quinn is alive. I can say that much, but we really want to be careful about revealing what his condition is. He suffered a major stroke last season. You are going to see a very changed and altered Quinn this year. I think Quinn, this coming season, will really represent a profound and familiar casualty of the war on terror for our audience. What he endured last year is different from what he'll go through this year. This year will be suffused with his daily relationship with Claire's character."

When the show does come to an end, Gansa says the producers would all like to see the final season shoot in Israel. When that will be is unclear as Showtime boss David Nevins says the show could certainly go beyond an eighth season. 

"Homeland" returns to screens January 15th. 

I absolutely love this show. I'd have to say well Happy days!!!

Via: The Live Feed

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 13 Aug 2016, 09:35 | Message # 1674
# 1674 I'll certainly be watching Homeland.  Anything with Kate Brewster in it will suffice for me.

robboDate: Friday, 19 Aug 2016, 00:50 | Message # 1675
# 1675  Well Kevin, that makes two of us my friend. Absolutely hooked on Homeland and of course the beautiful Claire Danes!

robboDate: Friday, 19 Aug 2016, 01:17 | Message # 1676
Mr Robot Renewed For Season 3 

The USA Network has renewed Mr Robot, currently airing season 2, for a third run. 

If you've been wondering whether Mr Robot's wildly ambitious second season might prove too outre for its home channel, the USA Network, worry not. Sam Esmail's bold, paranoid tech-drama has been renewed for a third season. 

The celebratory critical response to the show, which picked up multiple Emmy nominations earlier this year, is likely more responsible for the renewal than its viewer figures. Like AMC's Mad Men, this one's a prestige buy for its network, popular with critics if not a huge ratings-pull. 

For anyone yet to have the pleasure, Mr Robot is a twisted psychological drama centring on Rami Malek's luminously strange cyber-hacker Elliot Alderson and his relationship with Christian Slater's mysterious eponymous character. 

The third run of the acclaimed show will air in 2017. 

Via: DenofGeek

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 19 Aug 2016, 03:51 | Message # 1677
# 1677 robbo.  Hello, it's late at night.  03:49am in the morning actually.  I can't sleep as the sun has baked my poor brain.  I had a sub-arachnoid aneurysm 11 years ago.
Anyway, I've recorded the entire series so far of Mr Robot.  I must get round to watching it, I hear it is good.

robboDate: Saturday, 20 Aug 2016, 00:14 | Message # 1678
# 1678  Hi, Kevin. I'm sorry to hear that my friend. I don't sleep all that much really a few hours does me the world of good. Anyway, I like Mr. Robot it's a rare show that treats its audience with intelligence and respect. 
With Rami Malik in a breakout lead role, the series is dark and very much paranoid and also quite trippy and somewhat tech-y!

I liked him (Rami Malik) in the HBO World War II mini-series The Pacific (2010). That was really good.

robboDate: Saturday, 20 Aug 2016, 01:12 | Message # 1679
Fargo's Joey King Comes To The Flash As Magenta 

Joey King, best known for her roles in Fargo and Independence Day: Resurgence, will guest star on The Flash in October as Magenta. 

A teen with a troubled past, Frances "Frankie" Kane is a meta-human with the ability to control metal - but her powers come with a dangerous side-affect, causing her villainous alter ego known as Magenta to emerge. 

King, who also appeared in Wish I Was Here, will appear on the season's third episode. 

Created by Marv Wolfman and George Perez, Magenta first appeared in a 1982 issue of The New Teen Titans. Given her name and power set, she inevitably draws comparisons to the famed X-Men villain Magneto. 

At one point, Magenta was one of a number of characters who formed a new team of Rogues - which could be notable, given the The Flash's third season introduces both Mirror Master and Dr. Alchemy, both members of the Rogues at various points in their careers. 

It may be interesting to see whether characters like Weather Witch and Mirror-Man - characters who were part of the same New Rogues group as Magenta and who wield the gear and/ or powers of "classic" Flash Rogues - might show up in the Flashpoint timeline. 

Given that King is a bit of a name with a feature film career, it seems likely that they're either grooming her for a larger story, or that she's a one-off character. It's hard to know which yet, although it's been suggested that the Flashpoint portion of The Flash's third season may only be four episodes or so, which begs the question: will Magenta exists outside of the Flashpoint timeline?

The Flash returns to The CW on Tuesday, October 3 at 8 p.m. ET/PT. 

Via: ComicBook.Com

robboDate: Saturday, 20 Aug 2016, 01:51 | Message # 1680
Buckle Up For A Super-Sized 'The Night Of' Finale 

This Sunday, HBO airs the 7th of 8 episodes of The Night Of, its outstanding limited series about the arrest and murder trial of a college student after the first evening of his life. 

Without spoiling anything, it's another excellent hour of TV, but one that leaves a whole lot to be resolved in the finale on August 28. 

Which perhaps explains why the concluding chapter will have a running time of 95 minutes. 

This will make the finale, titled "Call of the Wild," a bookend to the series premiere, which ran close to 85 minutes. And super-sized finales are certainly not unusual on HBO: earlier this year, Game of Thrones season 6 ended with an 80-plus minute epic. 

But strap in, because it's going to be a long night. 

What a canny mini-series this one is, the series just oozes quality. The Night Of is certainly HBO's most electrifying series since the original True Detective, and one of the biggest shows in my opinion on television that will give power a run for its money. 
Turturo is at his best and also the young Ahmed. A must watch:>

Via: Hitfix

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: