menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 21 Jul 2016, 00:26 | Message # 1651
Group: Friends
"Black Sails" To Finish With Its Fourth Season 

Starz has announced that the upcoming ten-episode fourth season of its pirate drama "Black Sails" which it recently ordered will be its last. 

A prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island," the show attracted an average of 3.6 million viewers per episode over its first three seasons. Co-creator and executive producer Jonathan E. Steinberg says in a statement that they went into this season aware of it being the last and so are able to wrap up all the storylines:

"It's a rare privilege in television to be given the kind of creative freedom we've enjoyed on this show over the last four years. While it was a difficult decision for us to make this season our last, we simply couldn't imagine anything beyond it that would make for a better ending to the story nor a more natural handoff to Treasure Island."

The final season will premiere in 2017. 

Via: Variety

robboDate: Thursday, 21 Jul 2016, 00:42 | Message # 1652
Gaiman's "Interworld" Becomes A TV Series 

Following their success with "Mr. Robot" and "The Magicians," Universal Cable Productions is pushing hard on developing new projects. 

The latest announcement is a series that will adapt Neil Gaiman and Michael Reeves' YA fantasy/sci-fi novel "Interworld". In the story, teen boy Joey Harker can travel through different dimensions and in each one there's a different version of Joey - some older or younger, some a different gender or even species. 

Gaiman and Reeves will be executive producers alongside "Hamilton" producer Jeffrey Seller and Flody Suarez. Universal Cable Productions is also developing series based on the comic "The Umbrella Academy" along with original series "The Woods," "Bushido" and "The Good Neighbors". 

Does sound as though its kind of like Sliders? 

robboDate: Thursday, 21 Jul 2016, 01:18 | Message # 1653
Chris Wood Joins Supergirl Season 2 As 'Surprise' Series Regular 

It's safe to say someone over at The CW is a big Chris Woods fan. 

The veteran of Vampire Diaries, Carrie Diaries and, most recently, Containment, is joining Supergirl in a series-regular role that's shrouded in secrecy. All that we know is that the actor will be playing a surprise DC Comics character, and that he'll make his debut early into the series' second season.

Wood, meanwhile, recently landed a recurring role in the second season of PBS' Civil War drama Mercy Street. He'll play Lance Van Der Berg, a handsome Union captain lodging at the Green Home, where he strikes up a budding romance with AnnaSophia Robb's Alice.

Supergirl Season 2 premieres Monday, Oct. 10 at 8/7c.

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Thursday, 21 Jul 2016, 02:47 | Message # 1654
1980s TV Series "Captain Power" Gets Rebooted 

The 1980s sci-fi TV series "Captain Power and the soldiers of the Future" is set to be rebooted under the new moniker "Phoenix Rising".

The original series was a twenty-two episode space drama set on Earth in the year 2147 and the aftermath of a global confrontation between humans and machines. The show was one of the first series to incorporate CG characters with live-action performers.

The new take begins fifteen years after humanity lost a devastating war against an A.I. called Overmind. Jonathan Power, the son of the man who caused that war, learns the truth about his father and discovers a new type of battle armor that will enable a team of soldiers and civilians to fight the Bionic armies of the New Order.

The original's co-creator Gary Goddard is one of those behind the reboot which is in active development at Goddard Film Group and Planet X Productions. Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stevens ("Star Trek: Enterprise") are penning the pilot while Thomas Vitale and Craig Engler will produce.

MastersFX will create the effects for the new series which hopes to raise awareness at Comic Con this week.

Via:Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 21 Jul 2016, 14:43 | Message # 1655
1654 robbo.   I'll have to check out the PBS civil war drama Mercy Street, although nothing shows up in the SKY planner.  Like I said, the lil' lady's series, Alphas, got me interested and I spent ages researching it on Ancestry etc.  I discovered that Texas was the last state to outlaw slavery and families were split up from places like Virginia as each state gradually outlawed it.  So, the series Dallas, was very very misleading.  The current news shooting is more accurate.  I also discovered that many families of cotton planation owners etc went out of business after 1865 civil war ended. (I'm not sure what happened to the number post).

# 1653 robbo.   It could be entertaining.

# 1654 I always look forward to see what Supergirl will do next.  I must admit I don't remember reading many of her comics.  I don't remember her ever reporting to an organisation that looks out for and locks up aliens.
Chris Wood

# 1655 Hmnn, another Terminator themed series with a big difference?

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 21 Jul 2016, 19:11

robboDate: Friday, 22 Jul 2016, 01:31 | Message # 1656
# 1656  Kevin, I'd have to say i'm always and quite intrigued with these historical six-part drama mini-series shows from the conflicts of the civil war period of the 1860s. 
Definitely gonna keep an eye out for Mercy Street.

On a side-note, I enjoyed watching 'Texas Rising' (TV mini-series 2015) and also 'Hatfields & McCoys' (TV mini-series 2012).

robboDate: Friday, 22 Jul 2016, 02:14 | Message # 1657
Teen Wolf Ending After Season 6 

It's the end of the road for Scott, Stiles and the rest of the Teen Wolf gang - the MTV drama's upcoming sixth season will be its last. 

The announcement was made Thursday during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con, much to the audible dismay of the thousands of fans in attendance. (No, really, there was so much angry screaming.)

And Season 6 is already throwing quite a few curveballs our way: Not only did Arden Cho recently announce that Kira is not returning to the show, but we also have a new (potential) enemy on our hands in the form of Garrett, the latest handsome addition to the Beacon Hills High School teaching staff. 

Via: MTV

robboDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2016, 01:03 | Message # 1658
Netflix Renews "Daredevil" & "Voltron" 

Netflix has used its Comic Con panels today to make some big announcements, with the most notable being renewal orders for two of its big series. 

First up, Marvel's "Daredevil" has reportedly already been green lit for a third season. No release date was given, but 'soon' suggests sometime in 2017. 

Season two premiered in March on the streaming service, the next will likely go later as star Charlie Cox has to film "The Defenders" mini-series towards year's end first. The second season of "Jessica Jones" begins production immediately after, and it wouldn't be surprising if "Daredevil" begins its third season filming around the same time.

Meanwhile the animated series "Voltron: Legendary Defender" also had a panel at Comic Con where word of the toon getting a second season order was announced (via The L.A Times). Again, no word on when it will air beyond a late 2016 premiere. 

Hells yeah i can't wait for Daredevil season 3! 

Via: Netflix

KevinInEnglandDate: Saturday, 23 Jul 2016, 11:56 | Message # 1659
We've got JLo in Shades Of Blue
Now we have Rihanna in Bates Motel.  I thought I was dreaming but it's true:
http://www.rollingstone.com/tv....w430558

There's a good picture of her on the above link, near the bottom of the page.

robboDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2016, 00:45 | Message # 1660
# 1660  Kevin, that's pretty awesome seeing Rihanna in Bates Motel. Somewhat a bit of a shock that like. 
I wonder when she gets in the shower will she be standing under her umbrella-ella-ella-eh-eh-eh? 
Excellent picture choice!
Absolutely love Bates Motel, it's a shame that next year's ten-episode fifth season will be the show's last  sad

robboDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2016, 01:12 | Message # 1661
Gavankar Is New "Sleepy Hollow" Co-Star 

"True Blood" actress Janina Gavankar is set for a recurring role as a new character named Diana in the fourth season of Fox's supernatural drama series "Sleepy Hollow". 

The Diana character, a single mom and former military officer who's currently a Special Agent for Homeland Security, will reportedly fill the void left by the controversial departure of female lead Nicole Beharie who played Detective Abbie Mills who died at the end of the third season. 

The new season shifts the action to Washington D.C. where Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison) meets the sceptical agent and finds common ground in their shared sense of loss. The fourth season is slated to premiere in early 2017. 

I get the feeling the 4th season will be the last. 

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Sunday, 24 Jul 2016, 02:20 | Message # 1662
Once Upon A Time: Princess Jasmine Cast With Galavant's Karen David 

Galavant's Princess Isabella is now Once Upon a Time's Princess Jasmine.

Hours after the ABC series revealed at its San Diego Comic-Con panel that it's introducing the characters of Aladdin and Jafar (to be played by Deniz Akdeniz and Covert Affairs favorite Oded Fehr). Also Galavant star Karen David has been cast as Jasmine. 

Akdeniz and Fehr make their debut in the Season 6 opener (airing Sunday, Sept. 25), while David will first be seen in Episode 4. 

David's previous TV credits also include the BBC One drama Waterloo Road, episodes of Strike Back and Castle, and the CBBC children's sitcom Pixelface. 

The reveal of Jasmine, Aladdin and Jafar comes on the heels of a flurry of other Season 6 castings, including Giles Matthey (24: Live Another Day) as Morpheus, Craig Horner (Hindsight) as the Count of Monte Cristo and the returns of Cinderella/Ashley (played by Jessy Schram) and Dr. Archie Hopper (Raphael Sbarge). 

robboDate: Monday, 25 Jul 2016, 02:48 | Message # 1663
The Vampire Diaries Casts UnReal Beauty - As 'Evil Herself'?

Something wicked this way comes - or, rather, someone wicked. 

UnReal alumna Nathalie Kelley is joining The Vampire Diaries for Season 8 - its final season - in the heavily recurring role of Sybil, aka "evil herself". 

But come on - can the character really be that bad? Apparently so. The casting breakdown for the dastardly immortal describes her as a power monger who manipulates her victims "into twisted games and tests for her own amusement and glorification."

Underneath, however, Sybil is just like all of us: She only wants to be loved. 

At the series' Comic-Con panel Saturday, executive producer Julie Plec elaborated on what would make the minx such a formidable femme fatale. "It's a new take on villains for us,"she said. "It's rooted back all the way to ancient times."

In related news, the show has cast two Containment grads, Kristen Gutoskie and Demetrius Bridges, as respectively, Seline and Dorian, Alaric's new nanny and intern. 

Season 8 kicks off on The CW Friday, Oct. 21, at 8/7c. 

robboDate: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2016, 00:59 | Message # 1664
'Wynonna Earp' Renewed For Second Season By Syfy - Comic-Con 

Syfy has renewed IDW comic book adaptation Wynonna Earp for a second season for premiere in 2017. The pickup was announced today during the show's panel at San Diego Comic-Con. Season 2 will consist of 10 episodes, down from its 13-episode order for Season 1. 

Syfy last year acquired the Canadian drama series based on the IDW Publishing comic created by Beau Smith. It stars Melanie Scrofano as Wynonna, Tim Rozon as legendary con artist Doc Holliday, and Shamier Anderson as the mysterious Agent Dolls. 

A modern supernatural Western, the series follows Wyatt Earp's great granddaughter as she battles demons and other supernatural beings and uses her unique abilities and a dysfunctional posse of allies to bring the paranormal to justice. 

Emily Andras developed the series for television and serves as executive producer and showrunner. Jordy Randall and Tom Cox exec produce with Andras. 

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Tuesday, 26 Jul 2016, 01:43 | Message # 1665
Michelle Dockery Joins Netflix's "Godless"

"Downton Abbey" star Michelle Dockery has been cast as the female lead opposite Jeff Daniels and Jack O'Connell in Netflix's upcoming mini-series "Godless".

Daniels plays Frank, an outlaw who is terrorizing the West as he hunts down Roy (O'Connell), his partner turned mortal enemy. While Roy hides at Alice Fletcher's (Dockery) ranch, Frank's chase leads him to a quiet Mexican town made up entirely of woman.

Scott Frank will pen, direct and executive produce alongside Casey Silver and Steven Soderbergh. "Godless" will film in Santa Fe, New Mexico ahead of a worldwide release on Netflix in 2017.

Wonderful actress!

Michelle Dockery arrives at the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards at Microsoft Theater on September 18, 2016 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Steve Granitz/WireImage)

Michelle Dockery arrives at the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy AwardsMichelle Dockery arrives at the 68th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: