[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 11 of 119«12910111213118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 13:24 | Message # 151
Group: Administrators
In the past decade, Warner Bros. has tried to develop both a Wonder Woman film – directed by Joss Whedon – and a TV series – created by David E. Kelley of Ally McBeal fame. Needless to say, neither of those projects were successful in the slightest.

Here comes their third attempt. Apparently, The CW is moving forward with Amazon, a prequel TV series that details the teenage years of Wonder Woman – and her name isn’t Diana.

Read more : 'CW, Warner Bros Explore Casting Lead In Wonder Woman Origin Project – Meet Iris' at Deadline

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

REGDate: Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 14:55 | Message # 152
Group: Friends
they're looking for actresses in their early to mid 20s. i guess that counts Summer out sad

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 30 Nov 2012, 15:02 | Message # 153
Hmnn, it's nice of you to post this on here and I hope Summer is interested. I think it is best not to hope for too much because Summer is a young women (even if she thinks she's old haha), and she looks older than when she was young. If the older Wonder Woman is anything to go by, the physical appearance of the actress might need to be one of a kind. Why, because men are shallow and that is a requirement for the part.
I remember Lynda Carta was asked in an interview how she managed her figure. She replied "I don't know, that's just how I was born", or words to that effect.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3918632960/tt0074074

I'm really quite surprised by the number of TV series coming out of America and the number of young actors/actresses popping up these days. When I click on imdb for any of them, it seems they are turning out films/TV series like a production line.

The Deadline link that you gave us is interesting because I can fully emphasize with the character Iris. It is so blatantly plain to see that society from top politicians down to supermarket shelves are full of bull and baloney. They really are. What they do with our money is laughable and their priorities are unexplainable.
She does not suffer fools gladly, I can understand that.
Double standards, lies, deceit, the list goes on. And that is before she gets to the real criminals.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 08 Dec 2012, 02:06 | Message # 154
Zoe (Gina Torres) and Mal (Nathan Fillion) will reunite on screen, for the first time since Serenity, in an episode of Castle, learned exclusively tvline.

Another shiny Firefly reunion is headed Castle‘s way.
TVLine has learned exclusively that Gina Torres, who played Zoe to Nathan Fillion’s Mal on the short-lived, much-loved Fox sci-fi series, will guest-star on the ABC drama as Samantha Foster, a successful fashion mogul who comes off as ruthless and fierce on a Real Housewives-esque reality show. But get this — she may be even more devious when the cameras aren’t rolling.

Zoe (Gina Torres) and Mal (Nathan Fillion) will reunite on screen in Castle

Read more : Castle Exclusive: Gina Torres on Board for Show's Latest Firefly Reunion

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 10 Dec 2012, 23:15 | Message # 155
Eliza will play the love interest of "The Saint" in backdoor pilot co-produced by former "Saint" Roger Moore.

Read more at Deadline

Side note : a backdoor pilot is a pilot episode filmed as a standalone movie, so it can be broadcast if it is not picked up as a series

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 11 Dec 2012, 00:40 | Message # 156
I wish her luck but I have a feeling it will be a lame TV series. He is really old, has old ideas and to be honest I think he was a naff James bond and in his last film he moved like an old man.
That is my opinion.

robboDate: Tuesday, 11 Dec 2012, 02:03 | Message # 157
eliza dushku in the saint could be worth a look, she was pretty good in dollhouse. shes a very fit girl if its full of action. somebody called adam rayner has got the lead role, his name doesnt ring any bells not sure what shows he has been in. but yeah right it could be one of these many flops. might have been better eliza dushku playing the saint. if it was possible glad to see eliza is back in the limelight again after her stint in dollhouse. i wonder if roger moore plays some sort of role in the saint surely not especially at his age best left alone to the young uns, smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 11 Dec 2012, 10:55 | Message # 158
Considering Eliza also played directing roles in Dollhouse, perhaps her input will help to make it a good series. I was never really interested in The Saint all those years ago, it was a bit lame but if it is made modern and like you say played well by the young uns, who have had a lot of stage/acting training, it might be OK.
I have a feeling that the mere mention of the words 'The Saint' might put people off as associated with old fuddy duddy stuff? We'll see.

(Think of Dallas revival. People soon lost interest, then Larry Hagman died. Perhaps the same will happen to roger Moore? He has not aged well, probably too much time in the sun.)

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Tuesday, 11 Dec 2012, 13:34

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Dec 2012, 19:01 | Message # 159
Executive producer John Wirth has been tapped to take over as showrunner on the AMC Western tv series 'Hell on Wheels'. (source : THR)

John Wirth previous credits includes "The Cape," "V" and "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles."

Here's a photo of him (on the left) with Josh Friedman and John James Middleton.

Edit : Sorry for the mispelling James

JayDate: Thursday, 13 Dec 2012, 19:33 | Message # 160
Quote (chrisdvanne)
John Middleton.
James Middleton biggrin

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 13 Dec 2012, 20:10 | Message # 161
Haha, yeah. Still, good to keep us on our toes Chris.

If a western is well done, I'm sure it could be good. We know that many Hollywood westerns have been made but it does not matter. I am more interested these days, for a few reasons. History, panorama, garb, what the women did to get by, indigenous groups and of course those brought in, not of their own volition. It's all interesting stuff, if one could take the trouble to see more than just the gunfights, bar brawls, cattle raiding, and most of all, putting right the wrongs of the old Hollywood filmmakers.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 13 Dec 2012, 20:57 | Message # 162
Quote (Jay)
James Middleton

Sorry sad

Quote (KevinInEngland)
If a western is well done, I'm sure it could be good. We know that many Hollywood westerns have been made but it does not matter. I am more interested these days, for a few reasons. History, panorama, garb, what the women did to get by, indigenous groups and of course those brought in, not of their own volition. It's all interesting stuff, if one could take the trouble to see more than just the gunfights, bar brawls, cattle raiding, and most of all, putting right the wrongs of the old Hollywood filmmakers.

I didn't mention it but 'Hell on Wheels' is a tv show that airs on cable netwok AMC; and John Wirth is the new showrunner.

robboDate: Friday, 14 Dec 2012, 02:50 | Message # 163
hell on wheels is a really good tv show, over in the uk its on TCM movie channel 317 on sky, and also virgin 415, should be even more interesting now that john wirth is the new showrunner. waiting for season 2 to come on. not sure when it is like but hopefully soon, also most recently enjoyed hatfield and mccoys. which was on channel 5 in the uk. a couple of powerfull shows that were well written and very strong for western dramas dont usually bother with them. but really enjoyed these two. smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 14 Dec 2012, 14:41 | Message # 164
I found it Robbo. Something I never knew existed on SKY. I have put it on record using the SKY laptop remote record function. Technology is great eh!!

robboDate: Saturday, 15 Dec 2012, 02:15 | Message # 165
glad ye found it kev, technology what we do with out it, we would be absolutely snookered, hope ye enjoy them i thought they were great. smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 11 of 119«12910111213118119»
Search: