menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Jun 2016, 01:30 | Message # 1606
Group: Friends
Kidman Joins "Top Of The Lake" Sequel 

It's now confirmed - after a year of talks, Nicole Kidman is now set to re-team with her "Portrait Of A Lady" director Jane Campion for the second season of the thriller series "Top Of The Lake" for The BBC, SundanceTV and Foxtel. 

Created by Campion and Gerald Lee, the 2013 first season saw Elisabeth Moss playing Detective Robin Griffin who was investigating the disappearance of a pregnant twelve-year-old girl. 

The second season, going by the moniker "Top Of The Lake: China Girl," picks up four years later with Griffin called in to look into the case of an unidentified body which washes up on Sydney's Bondi Beach. 

Kidman has just arrived in Sydney to begin filming her scenes. Gwendoline Christie ("Game of Thrones") also reportedly has a major role in the production. Liv Hewson, David Dencik, Alice Englert and Ewen Leslie co-star. 

The series will air on BBC Two in the UK and on SundanceTV and Hulu in the U.S. Campion is co-directing with Ariel Kleiman ("Partisan"). 

Looking forward to Season 2, i thought the first season was really good. 

Via: Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 15 Jun 2016, 12:02 | Message # 1607
#1606 It sounds like a good film.  I'm sure fans of Terminator will recognise the film company, Studio Canal.
The film could be good and possibly harrowing in a psychological sense.
The writer uses the word 'ingenue' which sounds very fitting.
I'd also apply it to Summer Glau's Cameron character.... perhaps.
This link gives a good description and shows a nice picture of Mary Pickford, whom I think is very beautiful.   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingenue_(stock_character)  I'm sure I've seen at least one of her films.

==

# 1607 I saw that TV series, Top Of The Lake.
Let's hope the next series will match it.

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 16 Jun 2016, 19:44 | Message # 1608
Supergirl casts 'Teen Wolf' star as Superman.
Teen Wolf star Tyler Hoechlin has been tapped to play the iconic role of Superman on The CW series, EW has learned.
Hoechlin will appear as Clark Kent, a.k.a. Superman, in the first two
episodes of the new season, visiting his cousin Kara (Melissa Benoist)
in National City.
“Greg [Berlanti]and I have wanted to work with Tyler for ages, so
this worked out perfectly because Tyler is Superman,” executive producer
Andrew Kreisberg says. “We are so thrilled and humbled to add another
amazing actor to the legacy of this iconic character.”

robboDate: Friday, 17 Jun 2016, 00:34 | Message # 1609
# 1608  She certainly was a bonny little thing, and i would imagine she turned a few heads in those early 1900's with her charming smile and the early years of a pigtail hairstyle.

Earning Mary Pickford the nickname "Queen of the Movies".

robboDate: Friday, 17 Jun 2016, 00:55 | Message # 1610
# 1609  That's wonderful news for all the fans of Supergirl especially for the ladies.

He's certainly got the features and the impressive looks, i don't really know much about Tyler Hoechlin as the show "Teen Wolf" is one series that i've never really had the pleasure of watching.

But good luck to Tyler in his new iconic role as Superman, he's certainly got some footwear to fill that's for sure.

On a side note, he was ever so young but he was in a great movie called "Road to Perdition" (2002).

robboDate: Friday, 17 Jun 2016, 01:14 | Message # 1611
"Orphan Black" Sets A Final Season

BBC America has renewed its clone drama "Orphan Black" for a fifth and final season.

The ten episode final bow for the Tatiana Maslany-led drama will air in the second quarter of 2017, and follows on from the fourth season which wraps its run tonight.

Executive producers David Fortier and Ivan Schneeberg said in a statement: "We are so proud of the cast and crew, who will be on this final ride with us as we draw the 'Orphan Black' story to a close, and extremely thankful to our partners at BBC America and Space for their continued support, as well as the legions of fans who have made these five seasons possible."

Well all good things i suppose have to come to an end, great show i'm glad in a way they're given it an ending so i suppose it doesn't drag out, hopefully, they bring it to a fantastic finale.

Via: Variety

star of 'Orphan Black' Tatiana Maslany discusses the Canadian science fiction thriller television series 'Orphan Black' during AOL Build Speaker Series at AOL Studios In New York on June 6, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Desiree Navarro/WireImage)

Tatiana Maslany discusses the Canadian science fiction thriller television series 'Orphan Black' during AOL Build Speaker Series at AOL StudiosTatiana Maslany discusses the Canadian science fiction thriller television series 'Orphan Black' during AOL Build Speaker Series at AOL Studios

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 17 Jun 2016, 14:37 | Message # 1612
# 1612 Yes robbo, Tatiana is very talented.  Although she plays multiple personalities, she is portraying many people.  Her acting still requires the same skills.

She reminds me of an awesome actress (imo) who played multiple personalities in a film called Sybil played by Sally Field.  It is quite harrowing in places.  Her acting was really impressive.
https://skeptoid.com/episodes/4361

That being said, Kristina Apgar, who played Cheri Westin in the chemistry class, TSCC.
She also played a person with multiple personality disorder in an episode of CSI Miami.  She too was awesome.  I tweeted her and told her so.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1863544/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_4

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 17 Jun 2016, 17:38

robboDate: Monday, 20 Jun 2016, 02:33 | Message # 1613
# 1613  Thanks Kevin, I will look into that 1976 TV movie Sybil starring Sally Field.

Not a pleasant condition at all especially in those dark days, from what i would imagine a condition or diagnosis would have certainly have been swiftly swept under the carpet. 

Times have changed now with seemingly controlled medication for multiple personality disorders (voices in the head/hallucinations), mind you each day differs from one day to another unfortunately with this debilitating condition.

robboDate: Monday, 20 Jun 2016, 02:47 | Message # 1614
Common Joins "Black Samurai" Series 

Rapper and actor Common ("Hell on Wheels") has joined the cast of "The Black Samurai," a new TV series based on Marc Olden's 1970s book series and the 1977 Jim Kelly-led film adaptation. 

Common will play Robert Sand, a man rescued by a Japanese samurai master and trained for seven years. After suffering from vicious racism in the military, and seeing his teacher and fellow samurai killed before his eyes by terrorists, he becomes a killing machine out to destroy the corrupt powers who took the lives of his friends. 

RZA and Andre Gaines will executive produce the series which is currently seeking a network. After that, a writer and director will be hired. 

Via: Variety

KevinInEnglandDate: Monday, 20 Jun 2016, 11:52 | Message # 1615
# 1615 Did you know robbo that Common was in Terminator Salvation?
Yep, he played Barnes.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0438488/
He's on the left of this picture

As we know, Anton Yelchin was also in the same film as young Kyle Reese.  What a shock the bad news was.

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 Jun 2016, 00:46 | Message # 1616
# 1616  Yep Kevin, I somewhat vaguely remember him being in Terminator Salvation. The film is a bit of a blur, so that tells a story.
I mostly remember him from the western period drama 'Hell on Wheels' as Elam Ferguson. 

Certainly was a shock my friend.

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 Jun 2016, 01:23 | Message # 1617
"Penny Dreadful" Officially Cancelled 

The third season of Showtime's gothic drama "Penny Dreadful" came to a close last night with the text credit 'The End' following in the wake of a major character event. As there was no indication going into the season by any of the producers or the network that this would be the final season, many were left wondering - is that really the end? Turns out, yes it is. 

Showrunner John Logan tells in no uncertain terms: "I can absolutely confirm it is really over, the end - that's all she wrote - I think this is the right ending so for me to revisit that world again would seem inorganic, I think."

Showtime's David Nevins also confirmed it was over, but teased that: "I'm always happy to speculate, there is no this is done. I'm always happy to speculate to I feel like it is a rich world that I think will live on for a very long time - I think it will continue to be re-watched and also discovered for the first time over the course of the next ten years."

The series, which starred the likes of Eva Green, Josh Hartnett and Timothy Dalton, closes out with 27 episodes produced.

The end are they having a laugh, some character arcs were left unexplained? what happened to (Jekyll/Hyde, it's a shame really as it seemed they were merely tapping into the potential of some of the characters and ran out of time. Damn no more Eva Green!

robboDate: Tuesday, 21 Jun 2016, 02:19 | Message # 1618
BBC Plans New Christie's "Witness" Mini-Series

BBC One has ordered a new two-part TV mini-series adaptation of Agatha Christie's classic "Witness For The Prosecution" which Mammoth Screen, Acorn Media Enterprises/Acorn TV and A+E Studios will produce. 

Adapted by Sarah Phelps ("And Then There Were None") and directed by Julian Jarrold ("The Girl"), the work was first published as a short story in 1925 and later became a stage play and the famed 1957 Billy Wilder-directed film starring Tyrone Power and Marlene Dietrich. 

The story is set in 1920s London where a brutal murder of a glamorous young heiress. Where all the evidence points to Leonard Vole, a young man to whom the heiress left her fortune. He maintains that his partner, the enigmatic chorus girl Romaine, can prove his innocence. 

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 Jun 2016, 03:13 | Message # 1619
Jamie Chung Is Valerie Vale In "Gotham"

Actress Jamie Chung has been cast in the recurring role of Valerie Vale, a confident and dogged reporter for the Gotham Gazette in the upcoming third season of Fox's "Gotham". 

The character is the aunt of iconic DC Comics character Vicki Vale whom was played by Kim Basinger in the original 1989 Tim Burton film. In "Gotham," she sets her sights on James Gordon (Ben McKenzie) who she believes is the key lead in her story about the truth behind Indian Hill. 

The third season will also mark the arrival of the Mad Hatter as well as usher in a bigger, badder take on the future Poison Ivy. 

The end of the second season of the show, in which Hugo Strange's bus full of monsters has been unleashed upon the city, will change the nature of the metropolis. "Gotham" returns to screens this Fall. 

Very hot girl, looking forward to seeing her in season 3. 

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Wednesday, 22 Jun 2016, 03:37 | Message # 1620
Supergirl Elects Wonder Woman (aka Lynda Carter) POTUS In Season 2 

Supergirl is putting a fresh (ahem) spin on the stunt-casting trope. 

The now-CW drama has tapped erstwhile Wonder Woman Lynda Carter to recur in Season 2 as the President of the United States. 

Last March, Supergirl EP Greg Berlanti revealed that he tried - and failed - to lasso Carter for a Season 1 guest stint, telling reporters he had a "perfect role" in mind for the TV icon, but they "couldn't work out her schedule." He called it the "biggest disappointment for me this entire season." Berlanti later confirmed that the role was the "female president of the United States."

Carter played TV's Wonder Woman from 1975-1979. She'll make her Supergirl debut in Season 2's third episode, slated to air Oct. 24. 

Absolutely head over heels in love with Lynda Carter. So cool!!

Via: TVLine

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: