menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 02 Jun 2016, 16:50 | Message # 1591
Group: Friends
# 1590 That report makes it sound good.  SKY TV over here portrays it well too.  I'll have to see if I can view the 1st ep.

robboDate: Friday, 03 Jun 2016, 01:04 | Message # 1592
# 1592 Me too Kevin, what keeps us coming back to Homeland! It's gotta be the performances.

robboDate: Friday, 03 Jun 2016, 01:33 | Message # 1593
# 1593 An absolute must Kevin. Outlander's appeal remains focused on the interplay between Claire and Jamie. For me Outlander is, at heart, Claire's story. And Caitriona Balfe has never made that more apparent than in her portrayal of her character's achingly realistic stillbirth in Season 2. (my apologies sorry about the spoiler).

Outlander has proven itself to be a great show my friend.

robboDate: Friday, 03 Jun 2016, 02:08 | Message # 1594
"Cleverman" Scores A Second Season Renewal 

The day after its U.S. premiere and just hours before its local bow, SundanceTV and Australia's ABC TV have renewed the Australian genre series "Cleverman" for a second season. 

Set in the near future, the story revolves around two estranged indigenous brothers (Hunter Page-Lochard, Rob Collins) who are forced together to fight for their own survival as otherworldly creatures also emerge into the dystopian landscape. Iain Glen and Stef Dawson also star. 

Production on the show's next six hourlong episodes will begin later this year in Sydney. Directors Wayne Blair and Leah Purcell return for next season. The first season is scheduled to air on BBC Three in the UK soon. 

Via: Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 03 Jun 2016, 12:47 | Message # 1595
# 1596 Cleverman - It is good that the Australian people are featuring, as it says above, native Aborigines in this series.
I checked it out on https://www.facebook.com/ClevermanTV/

I like the hairyness.

I'll look out for it.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 03 Jun 2016, 12:48

robboDate: Tuesday, 07 Jun 2016, 01:21 | Message # 1596
1596  Looks ok going of the trailer Kevin, absolutely worth looking into Cleverman.

Wow that is some hairyness.

robboDate: Tuesday, 07 Jun 2016, 01:44 | Message # 1597
Superman To Be A "Supergirl" Season 2 Regular 

After being regularly referred to yet seen only from a distance, in shadow or in flashback kid form in the first season, it has now been confirmed that Superman is officially becoming a proper character in the second season of "Supergirl". 

Moving from CBS to The CW, the series is currently casting the role of Clark Kent/Kal-El to appear on screen alongside heroine Kara Zor-El (Melissa Benoist). Executive producer Andrew Kreisberg released the following statement on behalf of the show's producing team which includes Greg Berlanti and Ali Adler:

"Greg, Ali and I are beyond thrilled to welcome Clark Kent and his slightly-more-famous alter ego to the world of "Supergirl". Superman will be appearing in the first two episodes of the new season and we cannot wait to see who next dons the red cape!"

"Supergirl" Season 2 will air Mondays at 8 p.m. on The CW starting this fall. 

It's a shame really that Brandon Routh is spoken for being a part of Arrow/Legends. 
Otherwise he would have been an ideal candidate, and a sort of cool way to bring him back as Superman. 

Via: Variety

robboDate: Tuesday, 07 Jun 2016, 02:26 | Message # 1598
'The Path' Adds 'Hunger Games' Alum As Season 2 Regular 

Hulu's The Path is adding a new face from Eddie's past for season 2. 

The Hunger Games, True Detective and Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles alum Leven Rambin has joined the cast of the streaming service's cult drama.

Rambin will play the series-regular role of Chloe, an intriguing figure from Eddie's (Aaron Paul) past, whose shared history sparks up a complicated new relationship. 

Season two of The Path - from Jason Katims, Jessica Goldberg and Michelle Lee - begins production this week in New York. The 13-episode second season will premiere in early 2017. 

Via: THR

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 08 Jun 2016, 11:15 | Message # 1599
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Containment's virus has been stopped.
The CW has cancelled the series after one season.

Yes, Claudia Black - Aeryn Sun in the science fiction series Farscape - had blond hair in 'Containment'.

Claudia Black of CW's 'Containment' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tour

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jun 2016, 00:51 | Message # 1600
# 1600

Yes, she does look as pretty as a picture my friend, but on the flip side i much preferred Claudia with the darker look in 'The Originals' in her role as Dahlia.  wink

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jun 2016, 01:26 | Message # 1601
Five New Characters Join "Supergirl" Season 2 

With "Supergirl" having moved from CBS to The CW for its second season, changes are on the way. First came word that Superman will finally make a proper appearance during the first two episodes of the season (and likely more down the line). 

Now it's been revealed that five other new key characters are getting involved next year, and casting is currently underway for all of them. The characters set to be included are:

Lena Luthor, Lex's sister, who will be a new series regular. Coming to National City to escape her brother's domineering shadow, she's determined to get whatever she wants. 

Snapper Carr, a recurring character who is a veteran journalist who is hired by Cat Grant to remake her news division old-school style. With Calista Flockhart said to not be appearing as often next season due to production now happening in Vancouver, it's suggested this character will serve as something of a replacement. 

Maggie, a recurring 'out and proud detective' for the new Science Police which deals with crimes connected to metahuman and alien threats. Likely based on the character Maggie Sawyer from the comics. 

New series regular Nick Farrow is a brash leading man and the son of a former reporter who is looking to make a name for himself. 

Finally there's the recurring 'The Doctor', the "diabolical female leader" of Project Cadmus who has been surgically implanting her prisoners with alien technology and is likely based on the comics character Serling Roquette. 

"Supergirl" returns Mondays this Fall on The CW. 

I'm not surprised really a cast shakeup was to be expected with the move of the show to The CW camp. I would imagine we will be witnessing or should i say merging "Supergirl" into the Flarrow-verse!

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Thursday, 09 Jun 2016, 01:49 | Message # 1602
Ritchson To Lead Syfy's "Blood Drive"

Alan Ritchson ("The Hunger Games: Catching Fire," "Smallville") has been cast as the male lead in Syfy's thirteen-episode straight-to-series, grindhouse cinema-inspired drama "Blood Drive". 

Universal Cable Prods. is behind the series which is set in a near-apocalyptic future in Los Angeles. Ritchson plays Arthur Bailey, a former cop who is now working for a private security company even though he deplores violence. 

He partners with a dangerous femme fatale who has an agenda of her own, and he becomes pulled into an underground death race in which the cars run on human blood. 

David Straiton will helm the project which was created by James Roland who penned the pilot under executive producer John Hlavin's supervision. 

Hmm, sounds interesting, but i would after say the show would after have some great writing and acting to overcome that plot device. 

Via: Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 09 Jun 2016, 19:21 | Message # 1603
I'll always read up on a Supergirl article.  I think she looks great in that outfit.
I don't know if anyone else has noticed but have you ever watched how good she is at performing certain characteristics, Chris, like 'embarrassment', 'sorrow' and the likes.  She makes a good face for her fierce action stunts like laser eyes.
I think if I was a boy, I'd have her picture on my wall.  Actually, why not have it on there anyway.

robboDate: Friday, 10 Jun 2016, 02:15 | Message # 1604
# 1604  Kevin, Supergirl is nominated as a "Choice TV Breakout Show" in this year's Teen Choice Awards. Voting is via Twitter!

The Teen Choice Awards air on Fox July 31. 

Melissa Benoist really fits the role, it's a fun action show. And Melissa does it with believable inner and outer strength singlehandedly. Such a great actress, and oh' yes that outfit smoking hot!!!

robboDate: Wednesday, 15 Jun 2016, 01:00 | Message # 1605
"Portrait Of A Lady" Becomes A TV Series 

Number 9 Films, Red Production Company and StudioCanal are teaming for a new TV series adaptation of Henry James' 1881 novel "The Portrait of a Lady."

James' novel centers on Isabel Archer, a vivacious New World ingenue, who leaves America for Old World Europe - keen to experience all that life has to offer. 

She rejects a series of marriage proposals from eager but safe lovers for a life of independence, but when she inherits an unexpected fortune that will grant her desires, she falls prey to two American ex-pat schemers and is lured into a marriage with unfortunate consequences. 

Nicola Schindler, Elizabeth Karlsen and Stephen Woolley will executive produce. 

Via: Variety

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: