[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 106 of 119«12104105106107108118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Thursday, 26 May 2016, 01:41 | Message # 1576
Group: Friends
The Americans: Renewed For Final Two Seasons!

FX has announced that it has renewed The Americans for both Season 5 and Season 6, confirming that the series will come to a close after this run is over.

Season 5 will be comprised of 13 episodes and air in 2017, while Season 6 will be comprised of 10 episodes and air in 2018.

Eric Schrier and Nick Grad. Presidents of Original Programming for FX Networks and FX Productions, made the announcement and said via press release.

Through its first four seasons, critics have lauded The Americans as one of the best shows on television and, remarkably, a series that keeps getting better every year.

All credit for that achievement goes to everyone who has worked on the show, and especially Co-Showrunners Joe Weisberg and Joel Fields. Graham Yost, our brilliant stars Keri Russell, Matthew Rhys, Noah Emmerich, Allison Wright, Holly Taylor, Annet Mahendru and the ensemble cast for their incomparable performances every season.

We have no doubt that this two-season order will allow Joe and Joel to tell this story to its perfect conclusion. On behalf of our producing partners at Fox 21 Television Studios and Amblin TV, we look forward to a brilliant final act of the Jennings family saga.

Three episodes remain of The Americans Season 4.

Via: TVFanatic

Keri RussellKeri Russell

robboDate: Thursday, 26 May 2016, 02:33 | Message # 1577
# 1573  You're right Kevin, they are a right pair of mysterious pair of dudes 'Strange and his sidekick Peabody' I couldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. 

Gotham looks like its finally found its footing, after a few hiccups in season 1.
It's a much more assured and vastly more entertaining series now.

On a side note speaking of 'Tonya Pinkins' I just recently watched her in a TV-mini-series called 11.22.63 (2016). An intriguing time-travel and awesome 8 part series that I highly recommend watching.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 26 May 2016, 10:42 | Message # 1578
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
Fox has renewed its supernatural drama "Sleepy Hollow" for a fourth season despite the departure of female lead Nicole Beharie at the end of last season. The show wrapped its most recent run with a 1.4 rating and 4.8 million total viewers.

Many fans were watching the show because of the relationship between Crane (Tom Mison) and Abby (Nicole Beharie). Orlando Jones has also left the show.
It reminds me of the drama that happened a few weeks ago when ABC announced Stana Katic and Tamala Jones would not be coming back would CASTLE be renewed for a 9th season.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

CammyDate: Thursday, 26 May 2016, 11:20 | Message # 1579
Ref #1580

Castle's finale was, let's be honest here, bad. I'm not going to spoil anything here but in case you watched I'm sure you'll agree. I dropped the show a few seasons ago anyway but I genuinely feel bad for those who've been watching it from day one.

As for Sleepy Hollow, my guess is that Season 4 is going to flop and it'll be cancelled halfway through.

Just look at that last episode rating, lol:

Ouch.

don't bother they're here

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 26 May 2016, 11:28 | Message # 1580
robbo. Tonya Pinkins.  I also watch 11.22.63.  I would never have guessed it was her.  She played a good part in that series, reflecting the 'state of play' in that era and the sad ending.

You can click on the above 2 pink links to see pictures of them.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Thursday, 26 May 2016, 11:31

robboDate: Friday, 27 May 2016, 01:02 | Message # 1581
# 1582 Kevin, I thought it was a cracking series. She played a blinding role in a somewhat developing era of the 1960s, and a very sad ending indeed. 

Going of Tonya's profile i'd have to say she's been in a canny few shows in her career as an actress.

robboDate: Friday, 27 May 2016, 01:55 | Message # 1582
# 1580 # 1581 

Absolutely spot on Chris about the connection between Crane (Tom Mison) and Abby (Nicole Beharie), without that bond between the two of them the fans have nothing really to look forward to in Season 4. 

And that's what makes me somewhat slightly bemused and quite surprised (well, not really with this network) with Fox renewing the show for another season. I mean don't get me wrong I absolutely adore the platonic and humorous Crane/Abby relationship. 

But I have to say I'm inclined to agree with Cammy I think Sleepy Hollow will be on its knees soon as the ratings start dropping like a lead balloon.

robboDate: Friday, 27 May 2016, 02:27 | Message # 1583
"Peaky Blinders" Scores Two More Seasons 

The BBC has handed out a slew of new drama orders with its period crime drama "Peaky Blinders" receiving a two season renewal. The series, currently in the midst of its third season in the UK, will score a fourth and fifth season of six episodes each. 

Showrunner Steven Knight will once again pen every episode. Tom Hardy, Helen McCrory, Paul Anderson, Sophie Rundle and Joe and Finn Cole are among the returning cast for the third season which also adds Paddy Considine. No word how many of them will return for the fourth or fifth outing. 

Netflix has been handling the U.S. distribution with the third season to debut in full on May 31st. It's unclear if that relationship will continue for these two new seasons, though it'd be a surprise if it didn't. The series has been sold in 163 countries and is an international smash hit. 

What a powerful show this one is, I wouldn't care I can't stand the BBC programs. But I'll hold my hands up, you'd be a fool not to tune in to 'Peaky Blinders'

Via: Deadline

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 27 May 2016, 18:15 | Message # 1584
robbo.  A new series just started over here on Sky Living called The Catch is very good.
It is slick and does not hold back on picking out the most lavish settings, interiors, sights of LA etc., and I'm sure some of that decor comprises of gold fittings.  There is enough pretty boys.... er men and ladies to go round everyone.
If is a good intellectual series with a great beginning, which I'm sure would suit someone named Dvanne, who would be familiar with the name Sonya Walger, who also appears in this series. (If you don't, PM me).
Towards the end there is a great invention.  I'm not sure whether it exists but if it does, it would be worth more than the UK and US debt combined, in addition to the Mexico debt which was written off by many of our banks over 2 decades ago, to our cost and the demise of Midland Bank, for one.  If it is ever invented, I want one.  (I expect you imagine something outrageously fantastic but actually it is quite simple but...)
Anyway, worth seeing, so add it to your planner.

ABC's 'The Catch' stars Sonya Walger as Margot. (Photo by Craig Sjodin/ABC via Getty Images)

ABC's 'The Catch' stars Sonya Walger as Margot.ABC's 'The Catch' stars Sonya Walger as Margot.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 27 May 2016, 18:37

robboDate: Wednesday, 01 Jun 2016, 00:50 | Message # 1585
# 1586  Kevin, thanks, i will have a look into that new series called The Catch. 
And slip it into my shows to look out for in the weeks ahead, sounds interesting my friend. 
On the plus side most of mine have finished until the Autumn. 

Yes indeed i do remember Sonya Walger, such a sad loss for Charley he was devastated losing his wife.

robboDate: Wednesday, 01 Jun 2016, 01:19 | Message # 1586
X-Men Show Legion Ordered To Series At FX

On the heels of this weekend's opening of X-Men: Apocalypse, the mutant universe just got a little bigger: FX has officially given Noah Hawley's Legion a greenlight to series.

The eight-episode first season, starring Dan Stevens, Aubrey Plaza, and Jean Smart, focuses on David Haller (Stevens), a young man who was diagnosed as schizophrenic and struggled with perceived mental illness for years. But as David begins to realize, his abilities - which include seeing visions and hearing voices - might come from something else. In the comic book version, Haller is the son of X-Men leader Charles Xavier, who's telepathic.

"Marvel Television is thrilled to not only have our first partnership with FX go to series, but working with the enormously talented Noah Hawley makes it even better," executive producer Jeph Loeb. "From the first time we heard Noah's vision to his exceptional script and cast through the extraordinary filming of the pilot, we knew the series would be incredible."

Hawley, who created FX's critically acclaimed Fargo, will executive produce along with long time X-Men film team Lauren Schuler Donner, Bryan Singer, and Simon Kinberg. In addition to Stevens, Plaza, and Smart, the cast also includes Katie Aselton (The League) and Bill Irwin (Interstellar).

Legion begins shooting this summer and will air in early 2017.

Via: EW

Dan Stevens from 'The Ticket' poses at the Tribeca Film Festival Getty Images Studio on April 16, 2016 in New York City.

Dan Stevens from 'The Ticket' poses at the Tribeca Film FestivalDan Stevens from 'The Ticket' poses at the Tribeca Film Festival

robboDate: Wednesday, 01 Jun 2016, 01:52 | Message # 1587
Containment Cancelled At The CW

Containment's virus has been stopped.

The CW has cancelled the series after one season.

It should be noted that Containment was touted as a limited event series ahead of its launch. (Prior to that, though, executive producer Chris Ord told "We're looking at the first season as its own thing, but it'll leave us room to go forward and do more.")

Containment debuted in April to 1.67 million total viewers and a 0.5 demo rating. Since then, it has held steady in the demo while slipping about 20 percent in audience.

Adapted by Vampire Diaries/The Originals producer Julie Plec from the Belgian series Cordon, the intense medical thriller explored what happens when an extremely deadly epidemic breaks out in Atlanta, isolating half of the ensemble from the rest of the city.

Containment is to remain a limited series.

Via: TVLine

The cast of CW's 'Containment' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tour at the Langham Hotel on January 10, 2016 in Pasadena, California. (Photo by Maarten de Boer/Getty Images Portraits)

David Gyasi and Christina Moses of CW's 'Containment' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tourDavid Gyasi and Claudia Black of CW's 'Containment' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tourGeorge Young, Hanna Mangan Lawrence and Trevor St. John of CW's 'Containment' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tour

robboDate: Thursday, 02 Jun 2016, 01:29 | Message # 1588
Outlander Renewed For Seasons 3 And 4 

Time to put Voyager and Drums of Autumn in your Amazon cart: Starz has booked two more seasons of Outlander. 

The cabler announced Wednesday that it has renewed the sweeping, time-tripping drama for Seasons 3 and 4. The news comes eight episodes into Outlander's current second season. 

Season 3 will be based on Diana Gabaldon's third of eight books in the Outlander series, Voyager, while Season 4 will be based on the fourth book in the series, Drums of Autumn. 

In a statement, Starz CEO Chris Albrecht said, "Outlander is like nothing seen before on television. From its depiction of a truly powerful female lead character, to the devastating decimation of the Highlander way of life, to what is a rarely seen genuine and timeless love story, it is a show that not only transports the viewer, but inspires the passion and admiration of its fans. On this 25th anniversary of the publication of the first book in the U.S, we are thrilled and honored to be able to continue the story that began with author Diana Gabaldon, and is brought to life by the incredibly talented Ronald D. Moore. There are no better storytellers for Outlander than this team, both in front and behind the camera."

Yaaaaayyyyy awesome!!!

Via: Starz

robboDate: Thursday, 02 Jun 2016, 02:09 | Message # 1589
Homeland Nearing Two-Season Renewal As Season 6 Is Pushed To '17

Take a deep breath, Carrie Mathison - you've got a long road ahead of you.

Showtime is nearing a deal to renew Homeland for Season 7 and 8, the network's CEO David Nevins announced on Wednesday. 

Nevins also confirmed that the show's upcoming sixth season will not launch in the fall, per tradition. Instead, it will bow in January 2017. (Shameless Season 7 will take over Homeland's customary fall perch). 

"Homeland is a show that is constantly reinventing itself - since it's very much about this intelligence world," Nevins said to reporters during a conference call. "More than most, this is a show that has an open-ended expiration date, just because of the subject matter."

Homeland's sixth season will be set (and shot) in New York City, and will take place during the two month period between Election Day and the swearing in of the new POTUS. "There is this strange period in America where there are 72 days when it's not exactly clear who's in charge, and there is a new president that needs to be educated on what it means to be president," Gansa recently explained. "That is a very complex transfer of power filled with all kinds of anxiety and different competing interests - it's a dangerous time in our democracy."

I am a big Homeland follower, so those renewals are music to my ears!

Via: Showtime

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 02 Jun 2016, 14:28 | Message # 1590
# 1591 Robbo.  I thought Homeland had finshed forever.  I'm pleased it's back.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 106 of 119«12104105106107108118119»
Search: