[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 105 of 119«12103104105106107118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 01:56 | Message # 1561
Group: Friends
# 1563  Hello Kevin, unfortunately I hate to say this mate, but Its a show I haven't manage to got round to viewing yet.

It's another one to add to my list of wanting to watch shows that I need to sort out one fine day along with a couple of others during the summer months. Well hopefully!

Message edited by robbo - Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 01:57

robboDate: Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 02:16 | Message # 1562
CBS Cancels "Rush Hour" After One Season

CBS has canceled freshman drama "Rush Hour," based on the 1997 movie of the same name, after one season.

Starting in late March, It opened to soft numbers and little interest - even with DVR and on-line viewing taken into account. In its timeslot it nabbed a 1.2 rating and 6 million in Live+7, well below the numbers procedural "Elementary" scores in the same hour.

The news comes shortly after CBS renewed two of its other freshman dramas, "Code Black" and "Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders," has shipped "Supergirl" off to The CW, officially cancelled "Angel From Hell" and has seemingly cancelled "Limitless" but is expected to shop that around.

That's a bit of a bummer! I thought Limitless was a quirky and a decent little show.

Via: THR

Stars of CBS/Showtime Television Group's 'Rush Hour' pose in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter Television Critics Association press tour at the Langham Hotel on January 12, 2016 in Pasadena, California.

Jon Foo of CBS/Showtime Television Group's 'Rush Hour' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter TCA press tourJustin Hires of CBS/Showtime Television Group's 'Rush Hour' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter TCA press tourAimee Garcia of CBS/Showtime Television Group's 'Rush Hour' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter TCA press tourPage Kennedy of CBS/Showtime Television Group's 'Rush Hour' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter TCA press tourWendie Malick of CBS/Showtime Television Group's 'Rush Hour' poses in the Getty Images Portrait Studio at the 2016 Winter TCA press tour

robboDate: Thursday, 19 May 2016, 01:58 | Message # 1563
William Shakespeare Drama Will Snags Series Order At TNT

TNT's literary stock is on the rise.

The cabler has handed a series order to Will, "a period drama told in contemporary style" about the exploits of a young William Shakespeare (starring newcomer Laurie Davidson in the title role).

The ensemble also includes Olivia DeJonge (The Visit, Hiding), Colm Meaney (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Hell on Wheels), Mattias Inwood (The Shanara Chronicles), Jamie Campbell Bower (Sweeney Todd, The Twilight Saga) and Ewen Bremner (Transporting, Snowpiercer).

TNT confirmed the pickup Wednesday morning at its Upfront presentation in New York.

The network also announced that it has placed a pilot order for Civil, a drama about a second civil war in the United States, and cast Niecy Nash (Reno 911, Scream Queens) in Claws, a dramedy pilot set in a Florida nail salon.

Via: TVLine

Laurie Davidson, Mattias Inwood, Olivia Dejonge, Jamie Campbell Bower attend Turner Upfront 2016 arrivals at The Theater at Madison Square Garden on May 18, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Nicholas Hunt/Getty Images for Turner)

Laurie Davidson, Mattias Inwood, Olivia Dejonge, Jamie Campbell Bower attend Turner Upfront 2016

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 19 May 2016, 11:50 | Message # 1564
# 1564 Hmnn, that could be entertaining.  I saw a program on TV recently and it turns out that Shakespeare's burial place in a country church of his birth was raided a few centuries ago.  His skull was taken - true.
Anyway, for anyone that is interested in a keepsake, I bought these recently:

They are still for sale.  I'm sure the entire mint range can be bought in your country (Ebay/Amazon etc).  An excellent keepsake to pass on to your children.

robboDate: Friday, 20 May 2016, 02:04 | Message # 1565
# 1565  That's interesting to hear, I suppose centuries ago pilfering was quite the norm!
I wonder if the skull was ever retrieved and brought back to the burial place. 

Fantastic buy Kevin, absolutely love the set of coins of Shakespeare! Something to remember for generations to come as a keepsake.

On a side-note, I always remember my dad in the early 70s when he use to pick up the Esso England football coins to collect from the petrol stations after buying petrol.

robboDate: Friday, 20 May 2016, 03:02 | Message # 1566
'Supergirl' Could Lose Calista Flockhart As Series Regular In Season 2 

Discussions about actress' return are "ongoing" as show moves production to Vancouver. 

CW president Mark Pedowitz may have just revealed the first consequence of "Supergirl" moving from CBS to this network, as he played coy on whether Calista Flockhart would remain on the show for Season 2. 

With "Supergirl" moving production from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Flockhart's status on the show, where she plays Kara's (Melissa Benoist) boss Cat Grant, was called into question. 

Discussions with the LA-based actress "are ongoing," Pedowitz said on a conference call with journalists prior to the network's Upfront presentation Thursday. "We're happy to have her in whatever capacity is worked out."

Pedowitz also said "Supergirl" being on The CW is "where it should have been in the first place," and predicts it will be one of the network's top three ratings performers, though at slightly lower numbers than it was doing on CBS in Season 1. 

I think the Cat/Kara relationship is one of the central pillars of the show. I hope Calista will stay on Supergirl on a full time basis. 

Via: TheWrap

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 20 May 2016, 13:44 | Message # 1567
You're right. I liked her in the series
I know I repeat myself but I thought the stunts, flying, action done by Melissa Benoist were top notch. I was very impressed.

robboDate: Saturday, 21 May 2016, 01:20 | Message # 1568
Ewan McGregor To Lead "Fargo" Season 3

The first had Martin Freeman and Billy Bob Thornton, the second Patrick Wilson and Kirsten Dunst. Now Ewan McGregor has signed to as one of the leads in the third season of FX's Emmy-winning anthology series "Fargo".

Said to be set closer to present day than the first two installments, McGregor will play the two central characters - brothers Emmit and Ray Stussy. Emmit Stussy is the Parking Lot King of Minnesota, a handsome, self-made real estate mogul and family man.

Slightly younger brother Ray is a balding, pot-bellied parole officer with a huge chip on his shoulder and blames his brother for his misfortunes. McGregor marks the first actor cast in the new installment which begins production later this year for premiere on FX in 2017.

Noah Hawley, Joel & Ethan Coen, Warren Littlefield and John Cameron executive produce.

Wow what a breathtaking series, and let's be honest season 2 is going to be damn hard to follow, let alone be better.

Via: Deadline

Ewan McGregor arrives at a screening of Broad Green Pictures' 'Last Days In The Desert' at the Laemmle Royal Theatre on May 12, 2016 in Santa Monica, California. (Photo by Emma McIntyre/Getty Images)

Ewan McGregor arrives at a screening of Broad Green Pictures' 'Last Days In The Desert'

robboDate: Saturday, 21 May 2016, 03:00 | Message # 1569
Damien Cancelled At A&E 

The Grim Reaper has made off with Damien. 

A&E has cancelled the Omen-inspired drama after one low-rated season. 

Exec producer Glen Mazzara confirmed the news on Twitter late Friday. "This hurts to say but Damien will not be getting a second season," he wrote. "Thank you from all of us to our amazing fans - So sorry we won't be able to continue our story for you. 

"I really loved making Damien - we all did," he continued. "We just never got the numbers there. Gave it our best shot."

Damien got off to a hellish ratings start last March, with its premiere drawing just 753K viewers and a 0.3 demo rating. 

Via: TVLine

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 02:00 | Message # 1570
What Villains Are Coming To "Gotham" Season 3?

Fox hasn't been shy on introducing the rogue's gallery of villains to its Batman prequel series "Gotham" over the first two seasons, along with establishing their own baddies including Fish Mooney, Theo Galavan, and Jerome Valeska.

Season one introduced Penguin, Riddler, Catwoman, Carmine Falcone and Salvatore Maroni as major characters along with brief appearances from characters who are or will become Two-Face, The Scarecrow, Poison Ivy, Black Mask, Hush, Mr. Zsasz, The Dollmaker, The Electrocutioner.

Season two incorporated Professor Hugo Strange, Mr. Freeze, Tigress, Azrael, Firefly and Clayface. So who's left to pop up in the third season? Executive producer John Stephens discusses that along with the Court of Owls storyline being a big exploratory point in the third season, at least five villains tying back to the comics will appear:

"We'll be seeing Mad Hatter in Season 3. We'll be seeing the Tweedle brothers, too, if we're going to bring the Hatter in. In line with the Court of Owls, we'll be seeing Talon. And, we should be seeing Solomon Grundy."

That still leaves several key villains from the comics not yet utillised by the show including Bane and Killer Croc who've both only been hinted at), The Ventriloquist/Scarface, Anarky, Man-Bat, Calendar Man, The Great White Shark, and of course - Ra's Al Ghul. "Gotham" returns this Fall.

Via: CBR

'Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice' New York Premiere - Outside Arrivals

Drew Powell, David Mazouz, Camren Bicondova, Chris Chalk, Robin Lord Taylor, Erin Richards and Sean Pertwee attend the 'Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice' premiere at Radio City Music Hall on March 20, 2016 in New York City. (Photo by Taylor Hill/FilmMagic)

'Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice' New York Premiere - Outside Arrivals'Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice' New York Premiere - Outside Arrivals

robboDate: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 02:27 | Message # 1571
Dark Matter Adds The Bridge Alumna Franka Potente

Franka Potente has landed herself a new TV role - and this one actually upholds the law.

The actress, who last played drug money launderer and merciless killer Eleanor Nacht on The Bridge, will recur on Season 2 of Syfy's Dark Matter.

Potente will play Commander Shaddick, the cool and calculated Chief Inspector of the Galactic Authority Serious Crimes Division.
Shaddick is determined to prove that the crew members of the Raza were involved in the destruction of Iriden 3.

Dark Matter's second season premieres Friday, July 1, at 10/9c.

Via: Deadline

The Hollywood Foreign Press Association Installation Dinner

Franka Potente arrives at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association Installation Dinner at The Beverly Hilton Hotel on August 14, 2014 in Beverly Hills, California. (Photo by Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic)

Franka Potente arrives at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association Installation DinnerFranka Potente arrives at The Hollywood Foreign Press Association Installation Dinner

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 11:03 | Message # 1572
# 1571 I think the Gotham series is excellent.  It's settings, such as Penguin's father's house, Bruce Wayne's manor are top notch.  I love the dark broodiness and gloom of the outside settings.
Professor Hugo Strange and his female sidekick (played by BD Wong and Tonya Pinkins) are pretty horrifically grisly - imagine being in their asylum?

==
# 1572 I remember Franka Potente very well. She was in the Bourne film.
I found her to be very sensual and attractive in her way after Jason Bourne scared the life out of her whizzing through the streets of Paris.
Kyle Reese did the same thing to Sarah Connor.
Guys, I think we can draw a conclusion from this.

I do watch Dark Matter, so here is another reason not to miss the next series.

AdmiratorDate: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 14:45 | Message # 1573
Watching films and tv series is really watching art. And an educated man must be able to see and appreciate art. Unfortunately it seems that I am not educated enough in this way. I see all of you recognizing actors and scenes, while I barely can recognize one acted after +-2000 smile ! It is not strange then, that I discovered and appreciated Summer Glau that late... I barely recognized Franka Potente here, because I’ve seen her only in "Run Lola Run" (1998). I wanted sometimes to make a positive comment to robbo and I didn’t have a clue what he was talking about, because of my lack of knowledge of course smile ... I should reconsider my attitude in this matter. And to make you laugh more, I went only 5 times to cinema in my 36 years of life and in 2 of them, I was accompanying students to the cinema (was a teacher then), so I watched the films as a side-effect... To laugh even more, I never watched "Avatar" and I don’t know what else I never watched. Ignorance is happiness.. Or is it?

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 25 May 2016, 19:16 | Message # 1574
# 1575 Chris, the CGI guys at StarTrek studios have got the space scenes down to a fine art.
Perhaps one day we won't view these things on television.  Perhaps we'll have our own personal green-walled room and can sit amongst all the action, watching space ships flying all around us, depending upon where we are standing.
Nathan handled Firefly/Serenity very well.  He's more than suited to the role.

robboDate: Thursday, 26 May 2016, 01:12 | Message # 1575
Limitless: Officially Canceled Across All Platforms 

Sadly, it appears as if Limitless does, indeed, have a limit.

At least as far as the number of episodes of the drama that will air. 

Despite the series not being included on the upcoming CBS schedule, there had been hope that Limitless would be able to find another distributor. 

But showrunner Craig Sweeney ended that hope on Twitter this afternoon. 

"I'm truly sad to report that #Limitless will not continue on any platform, "Sweeney wrote, adding out of gratitude: "Thanks so much to everyone who watched."

According to reports, both Amazon and Netflix passed on picking up the CBS drama, which aired its final installment on April 26. 

The small screen version of the 2011 movie by the same name featured Jake McDorman as a man given mental superpowers by the nootropic drug NZT. 

It was produced by the film's star. Bradley Cooper, who made multiple appearances on Limitless Season 1. 

Limitless averaged 9.7 million viewers and a 2.2 rating among adults 18-49 including DVR playback.

Not shabby numbers, really. 

Via: THR

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 105 of 119«12103104105106107118119»
Search: