[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 104 of 119«12102103104105106118119»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Tuesday, 10 May 2016, 03:22 | Message # 1546
Group: Friends
Joe Hill Adapts "Locke And Key" For TV 

IDW Entertainment have announced that Joe Hill will write and executive produce a new TV series based on his acclaimed "Locke and Key" comics, this one likely to end up on a cable network. 

The series, which ran from 2008-2013, follows three siblings who return to their family estate in Massachusetts after the gruesome death of their father. 

Once there, they discover magical keys that grant special powers and open strange doors. Unfortunately, they're not the only ones interested in these mysterious artifacts, as a supernatural force is also after them. 

Fox attempted a series adaptation in 2010 but the network opted not to pick it up. Mark Romanek ("Never Let Me Go") helmed the pilot while Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman ("Fringe," "Star Trek") produced and the likes of Miranda Otto, Jesse McCartney, Nick Stahl, Sarah Bolger and Mark Pellegrino starred. 

Universal then tried to adapt it as a feature trilogy in 2012, but nothing much as progressed since then. None of the previously involved people appear to be involved with the latest attempt. 

Interesting concept. Could be worth a watch. 

Via: Deadline

robboDate: Thursday, 12 May 2016, 01:31 | Message # 1547
# 1551 Your absolutely spot on their my friend Kevin.

robboDate: Thursday, 12 May 2016, 02:14 | Message # 1548
Fox Orders The Exorcist, Lethal Weapon, The Mick And 3 Others To Series 

Fox recently announced six new series joining its 2016-2017 schedule. 

On the drama side, The Exorcist, Lethal Weapon, A.P.B. and Pitch have all been ordered to series, along with comedies Making History and The Mick. Read on for details about each pick-up:

* A.P.B.: A tech billionaire purchases a troubled police precinct in the wake of a loved one's murder, but can this eccentric and enigmatic figure's cutting edge approach fix the broken ways of these blue blooded veterans?

* The Exorcist: A modern reinvention inspired by William Blatty's original 1971 book, the propulsive, serialized psychological thriller follows two very different men tackling one family's case of horrifying demonic possession, and confronting the face of true evil. The cast includes Geena Davis (Grey's Anatomy), Brianne Howey (Scream Queens), Hannah Kasulka (The Fosters), Alfonso Herrera (Sense8), Ben Daniels (Flesh and Bone) and Kurt Egyiawan (Beast of No Nation). 

* Lethal Weapon: When Texas cop and former Navy SEAL Martin Riggs suffers the loss of his wife and baby, he moves to Los Angeles to start anew. There, he gets partnered with LAPD detective Roger Murtaugh, who, having recently suffered a "minor" heart attack, must avoid any stress in his life. 

* Making History: Stars Adam Pally (The Mindy Project), Leighton Meester (Gossip Girl) and Yassir Lester (The Carmichael Show) as friends who find a way to travel through time for truth, justice, and riches, which complicates their lives in 2016. They visit some of the greatest moments of the past as they try to resolve their personal problems, while history and pop culture comically collide.

* The Mick: Stars Kaitlin Olson (It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) as a hard-living, foul mouthed woman moves to affluent Greenwich, Conn, to raise the spoiled kids of her wealthy sister who has fled the country to avoid a federal indictment.

* Pitch: Follows a young female pitcher (Twisted's Kylie Bunbury) who defies the odds when she becomes the first woman to play in the major leagues.

Via: TVLine

KevinInEnglandDate: Thursday, 12 May 2016, 12:08 | Message # 1549
Regarding The Exorcist # 1550 robbo.  (Nice weather).
There's a Demonic series going around with Mena Suvari (from The Cape), where she encounters lots of other Demons.  I wonder if we've come to accept CGIs and all that goes with it, and are no longer shocked or horrified like the audiences were when the original Exorcist was aired decades ago?  Mind you, any TV series would not feature some of the scenes from the film, it was far too XXX.

Mena Suvari attends the 24th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar viewing party on February 28, 2016 in West Hollywood, California.

Mena Suvari attends the 24th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar viewing party Mena Suvari attends the 24th annual Elton John AIDS Foundation's Oscar viewing party

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 12 May 2016, 18:44 | Message # 1550
Group: Administrators
Quote KevinInEngland ()
# 1550 Oh so often a name familiar to the Terminator franchise turns up Robbo.

In more ways than you think!
As mentioned in robbo's message, Fox attempted a series adaptation in 2010 but the network opted not to pick it up. Guess who wrote the pilot and was supposed to be the showrunner? TSCC's creator Josh Friedman himself.

Here's the trailer for Friedman's pilot.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Friday, 13 May 2016, 03:31 | Message # 1551
# 1553 Well might as well, most of the shows I watch are on The CW. 
Such a fun show and Melissa is great. I hope Supergirl will last for many more years to come.

Not sure If Callista will stay but I hope so. I would imagine we will be seeing a few crossovers in some sort of form on the horizon? But yes I'm really pleased Supergirl will be back.

robboDate: Friday, 13 May 2016, 03:55 | Message # 1552
"Carter," "Nashville," "Castle," "Muppets" Axed 

ABC has locked down its schedule with several major series getting the chop. The network has opted NOT to renew "Castle" for a ninth season, country music-driven "Nashville" for a fifth season, "Marvel's Agent Carter" and "Galavant" for a third season, and "The Family" and "The Muppets" for a second season. 

With co-lead Stana Katic not coming back, the chopping of "Castle" doesn't come as a huge surprise even with the various male cast members closing deals to return. Even so, It closes out its run with relatively respectable ratings. 

'Carter,' 'Muppets' and 'Nashville' were in ratings slumps so their chopping is not unexpected. "Agent Carter" star Hayley Atwell is staying on with the network for their new legal drama "Conviction". 

With all these cancellations, the network is going to have to fill those slots and has ordered several pilots to series including the TV series adaptation of "Time After Time" along with comedies like "Downward Dog".

The network will NOT be picking up the Marvel spin-off "Most Wanted", but it has renewed "American Crime" which will get a third season. 

Via: Variety

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 13 May 2016, 09:33 | Message # 1553
Group: Administrators
Quote robbo ()
ABC has locked down its schedule with several major series getting the chop. The network has opted NOT to renew "Castle" for a ninth season

At least the showrunners have filmed an alternative ending just in case the show doesn’t continue, which means the show won't end on a cliffhanger. Good for the fans.

Also that means Nathan Fillion is free to pursue his career in movies. Good luck with that, while he is a huge TV star, he's not a huge draw for movie-goers and Hollywood execs.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

KevinInEnglandDate: Friday, 13 May 2016, 11:36 | Message # 1554
# 1553 I didn't register.  I watched most episodes of Glee but didn't recognise her.

# 1556 I personally thought Stana Katic's character was turning from a 'hard cop' in to a 'squidgy female'.  Although she became a Director, I'm sure she must have realised her character was not going to get her far in other Cop TV series... or whatever.

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Friday, 13 May 2016, 11:51

robboDate: Saturday, 14 May 2016, 02:36 | Message # 1555
# 1556  Yes unfortunately It's quite sad when one of our beloved shows draws to a close after all these years especially if your stout fly the flag Castle supporter. 

Yes indeed the fans are some what very fortunate and very lucky in a sense with an alternative ending to tie up all the loose ends and not the old cliche of having a cliffhanger ending. (which we won't go down that road with our beloved show). 

I wonder Nathan a possibility for SHIELD maybe? Good luck to him whatever he pursues his career in TV or movies.

robboDate: Saturday, 14 May 2016, 02:51 | Message # 1556
"Sleepy Hollow" Renewed For A Fourth Season 

In the wake of last night's massacre of "on the bubble" series, the fate of only a handful of network shows remain in question - with many of them being decided today. 

Fox has renewed its supernatural drama "Sleepy Hollow" for a fourth season despite the departure of female lead Nicole Beharie at the end of last season. The show wrapped its most recent run with a 1.4 rating and 4.8 million total viewers. 

I'm quite surprised on this one? Is Fox turning over a new leaf, or are they getting soft in their old age. 

robboDate: Saturday, 14 May 2016, 03:19 | Message # 1557
NBC Orders Timeless Drama To Series 

Nearly 24 hours after ABC gave a green light to Time After Time, NBC has ordered to series its own time travel drama, which is now titled Timeless (fka Time). 

From Eric Kripke (Revolution), Shawn Ryan (The Shield) and the producers of The Blacklist, Timeless is described as an action-adventure series in which a mysterious criminal (ER alum Goran Visnjic) steals a secret state-of-the-art time machine, intent on destroying America as we know it by changing the past. Our only hope is an unexpected team: a scientist (Better Off Ted's Malcolm Barrett), soldier (90210's Matt Lanter) and history professor (Rectify's Abigail Spencer) who must use the machine's prototype to travel back in time to critical events. 

While this intrepid trio must make every effort not to effect the past themselves, they must also stay one step ahead of this dangerous fugitive. 

The cast also includes Paterson Joseph (The Leftovers), Sakina Jaffrey (House of Cards) and Claudia Doumit. 

robboDate: Saturday, 14 May 2016, 03:43 | Message # 1558
Midnight, Texas, From True Blood's Charlaine Harris, Ordered At NBC 

NBC is officially putting down stakes in Midnight, Texas. 

The Peacock has handed a 13-episode order to the drama based on True Blood author Charlaine Harris' three-book saga. 

The series is described as a journey into a remote Texas town where no one is who they seem. From vampires and witches to psychics and hit men, Midnight is a mysterious safe haven for those who are different. As the town members fight off outside pressures from rowdy biker gangs, ever-suspicious cops and their own dangerous pasts, they band together and form a strong and unlikely family. 

The first book in the series, Midnight Crossroad, was released in 2014. The follow-up, Day Shift, arrived in May. The third, Night Shift, is due in 2016. 

The cast includes Francois Arnaud, Dylan Bruce, Parisa Fitz-Henley, Arielle Kebbel, Sarah Ramos, Peter Mensah, Yul Vazquez and Sean Bridgers. 

Monica Owusu-Breen (Fringe, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) serves as writer and showrunner.

robboDate: Monday, 16 May 2016, 02:39 | Message # 1559
NBC Orders "Blacklist" Spin-Off To Series 

NBC is officially moving forward with "The Blacklist: Redemption," the upcoming spin-off to its flagship James Spader crime procedural series at Sony Pictures Television and Davis Entertainment. 

Famke Janssen, Ryan Eggold, Edi Gathegi and Tawny Cypress star in the project which will mark the network's sixth new drama for next season and will likely have a mid-season launch. 

This past week's May 12th episode served as a backdoor pilot for the series which follows now single father Tom Keen (Eggold) who joins forces with the ruthless Susan 'Scottie' Hargrave (Janssen) at the covert mercenary organization Grey Matters. 

The group solves problems governments don't dare touch, while Tom has his own agenda which involves looking into his past and his mother - 'Scottie'. Jon Bokenkamp and John Eisendrath are penning and executive producing alongside John Davis and John Fox. 

It's all about the John's producing the show, gonna be some confusing at the office. Err where's John' which one?

Via: THR

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 17 May 2016, 11:46 | Message # 1560
# 1562 - I wonder if Megan Boone (Elizabeth Keen) has left to have a real baby?  I think so.
I will still follow the series.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Page 104 of 119«12102103104105106118119»
Search: