menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Misc. News on Pilots and Series
robboDate: Tuesday, 13 Nov 2012, 01:59 | Message # 136
Group: Friends
sorry about the slow response, my apologies its not on in the uk, at the moment we are miles behind the usa, as we all know, so i thought i might just download a few episodes. just to get a bit of insight into the show, really just to see if its ok. cant make me mind up at the moment, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 19 Nov 2012, 22:25 | Message # 137
Group: Administrators
Amy Acker may have just slipped TV Line an indirect piece of infos on S.H.I.E.L.D. casting.

...might Amy Acker use her free time to lens a role on ABC’s S.H.I.E.L.D. pilot, as many Whedonverse fans hope? “I don’t think so,” she laments, noting that, among other considerations, “I’m inbetween the age ranges of the parts.” Should ABC order the Marvel-ous project to series, “Hopefully I’ll get to do something,” she shares. “I think they’re putting together a pretty great cast, and I’m excited to watch it.”

The onle female character that has not been announced yet is Skye, who is described as : "This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm. "

I have the (bad) feeling that if 36 year old Amy is too old for the role, 31 Summer might be too sad

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

robboDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 03:23 | Message # 138
theres possibly a yes and no. regarding the age barrier with amy, and summer, one good thing is late 20s, is a lot closer to 31, than amy at 36, but ye right both could be to old for the part. but hopefully summer glau should fit the part. and her strong bond with joss. over the years might just see her through, but ye never know sometimes. no news is good news. fingers crossed for summer for this skye part, in S.H.I.E.L.D smile

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 03:56 | Message # 139
I don't know much about S.H.I.E.L.D., except that it is a kind of American World police.
I went on Wikipedia, which was the 1st thing that came up when I Binged S.H.I.E.L.D.
The only female that I saw on that page was wearing hardly any clothes.
Is that how they go in to battle or solve their crimes?
Does that mean Summer will wear something really tight and walk around with her arse moving from side to side, with cleavage showing?
In that case, perhaps I might watch it but I'd rather see her in 'Into The Box'.
It doesn't matter because if she becomes someone in the shield series, I will watch it, appreciating that the series is not for me.
Each to their own and that does not matter, as that is what makes the world.
I can't for the life of me understand why people play video games but John Connor did it in T2, so I accept that,
considering that I like writing TSCC fanfiction.

I hope nobody minds my having a different preference. After all, whatever Summer wants to do is up to her and I'm sure her stomach will jump at the thought of doing it and that's all that matters.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 17:27 | Message # 140
Quote (robbo)
theres possibly a yes and no. regarding the age barrier with amy, and summer, one good thing is late 20s, is a lot closer to 31, than amy at 36, but ye right both could be to old for the part. but hopefully summer glau should fit the part. and her strong bond with joss. over the years might just see her through, but ye never know sometimes. no news is good news. fingers crossed for summer for this skye part, in S.H.I.E.L.D :)

This is the type of girl the producers are looking for the role, beautiful but inexpressive, teenagers will love her (or any other look-alike LA girl) :

Katie Cassidie as Laurel in Arrow (CW)

Quote (KevinInEngland)
I don't know much about S.H.I.E.L.D., except that it is a kind of American World police.
I went on Wikipedia, which was the 1st thing that came up when I Binged S.H.I.E.L.D.
The only female that I saw on that page was wearing hardly any clothes.
Is that how they go in to battle or solve their crimes?

The kind of tv show they want to make will have nothing to do with the comics, don't take those photos for granted.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 17:35 | Message # 141
OMG, I can't believe you said what I was thinking last night.
In that episode, 'Damaged' laurel has a difficult decision to make after her father arrests Oliver for murder. The atmosphere and emotion between her and Arrow was quite extreme, to say the least. I thought "WOW, her face is impeccable and those jeans hug her real good". This could go somewhere good, providing the producers have realised what they have. The writer could not have foreseen this without seeing the actors in action.
It is S1,ep5

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 17:42 | Message # 142
KevinInEngland brought to my attention an interesting tidbit of info :

'CW Adapts ‘Vanishing Act’ Books As Series From Carol Mendelsohn And Natalie Chaidez' at Deadline

UTA-repped Natalie Chaidez has worked on Heroes, V, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles and In Plain Sight.

TNT has given a pilot order to Scent of the Missing, a drama project co-written and executive produced by CSI: Crime Scene Investigation executive producer/showrunner Carol Mendelsohn.

KevinInEnglandDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 18:13 | Message # 143
I've just been going through my notes for the episode Queens Gambit that she wrote. I never realised there was so much in it. One part that I thought was awesome was when Michelle Dixon gives Charley a piece of her mind: (I had to painstakingly type this out as it happened):
That was quite a speech earlier on with the agent”.
“That wasn’t a speech… it was just what it was”.
She chops a potato and says “what it was, was a lie”.
“what?”
A lie”.
She carries the colander to the cooker, “you have a tell”, tips sliced potatoes in to hot frying pan.
“A what, a tell?”
You have a tell, when you lie. Do you know why you love me Charlie? I’m gonna tell you why you love me.
because I am not that girl,
I'm not that jealous girl,
I’m not that insecure girl,
I'm not that petty girl"

“Of course not”.
Yes, so don’t make me in to that girl by lying to me (turns to face Charlie), if that girl is alive and you’ve seen her. This is important”.
(pause) “I saw John”
What, where?”
“Here in our house”.
IN OUR HOUSE, in our house, what did he want etc they’re fugitives Charlie, they’re dangerous people”.
A domestic battle will probably ensue.
==
I was surprised to see Natalie wrote and produced the UK series Fitz.

robboDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 22:19 | Message # 144
i must admit katie cassidie, as laurel in arrow does look the part. but i much prefer her in arrow, the series is getting stronger by the week. really enjoying the show. like kev says the producers have got themselves a really good show on there hands. hope they dont mess it up. in all, im enjoying how the show is settling in, and i look forward to olivers progression from vigilante to hero, smile

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 15:46 | Message # 145
Relative newcomer Brett Dalton has joined the cast of Joss Wedon’s ABC pilot Marvel’s S.H.I.E.L.D., TVLine has learned exclusively.

Dalton, whose credits include guest stints on Army Wives and Blue Bloods as well as a supporting role in National Geographic Channel’s forthcoming telepic Killing Lincoln, will play Agent Grant, one of S.H.I.E.L.D.’s highly-skilled rising stars. He’s deadly, precise, and cool under fire — but not so great with the people skills.

Read More at: http://tvline.com/2012....eferral

Read More at: tv line

Four out of five main characters have been cast, that leaves female lead Skye to be announced now.
Summer Glau as Skye, make it happen Joss!

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 20:04 | Message # 146
Would someone please answer this question? Summer Glau as Skye. Who is Skye? Is she a character in a comic?

OH btw, the guy above bears some resemblance to another actor, whose name I can't remember but he had a big part about 10 years ago. I think it was a TV series.

Edit add. I found who I was looking for. His name is Michael Nader. I wonder if there is any connection between this choice and him? For instance someone in the film industry, family relation etc.
http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3581515776/nm0618870

Message edited by KevinInEngland - Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 21:23

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 22:42 | Message # 147
Quote (KevinInEngland)
Would someone please answer this question? Summer Glau as Skye. Who is Skye? Is she a character in a comic?

Skye is one of the five original characters, all members of the SHIELD, created especially for the pilot :

SKYE: This late-20s woman sounds like a dream: fun, smart, caring and confident – with an ability to get the upper hand by using her wit and charm.

AGENT GRANT WARD: Quite the physical specimen and “cool under fire,” he sometimes botches interpersonal relations. He’s a quiet one with a bit of a temper, but he’s the kind of guy that grows on you.

AGENT ALTHEA RICE: Also known as “The Calvary,” this hard-core soldier has crazy skills when it comes to weapons and being a pilot. But her experiences have left her very quiet and a little damaged.

AGENT LEO FITZ and AGENT JEMMA SIMMONS: These two came through training together and still choose to spend most of their time in each other’s company. Their sibling-like relationship is reinforced by their shared nerd tendencies – she deals with biology and chemistry, he’s a whiz at the technical side of weaponry.

Four of them have already been cast (sometimes the early name has been changed) but the female lead, Skye, has not been announced yet. Considering that Summer Glau matches the description of Skye, fans hope that Joss Whedon will hire her for the role.

KevinInEnglandDate: Wednesday, 28 Nov 2012, 23:24 | Message # 148
OIC, so she's new and does not specifically derive from a comic book character but will probably inherit some of their characteristics because it's impossible not to resemble someone.
==
btw, in Arrow this week (in the UK), he hides from someone by impersonating River Tam and doing the splits up on the ceiling whilst using his arrows to hold him up. (At least that's what I think he did. I will check it out again).

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Nov 2012, 00:54 | Message # 149
yeah ye right he did actually it was pretty cool, really getting to be a cool show arrow, getting better after each episode, stephen amell must have been watching river tam in serenity, to perform that stunt, smile

robboDate: Thursday, 29 Nov 2012, 02:03 | Message # 150
haway joss ye making us sweat a little while longer, is she or is she not, going to be in S.H.I.E.L.D we are still waiting in anticipation for the female part to be played, S.K.Y.E. please, please, dont let us down ye know want summer glau for the part, come on joss make it happen we can all relax and have a radox bath, just joking, poor summer is growing cobwebs waiting for that call, wink smile

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Misc. News on Pilots and Series (All about your favourite tv shows)
Search: