MCM Hannover Comic Con
May 20-21, 2017

MCM London Comic Con
May 26-28, 2017

MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 3«123
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Angel Episode - Waiting in the Wings (Waiting in the Wings talk, bring tissues, might need them)
Angel Episode - Waiting in the Wings
Date: Wednesday, 2013 Oct 23, 15:29 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

How fabulous Summer Glau is? Because SERIOUSLY.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Monday, 2014 Feb 10, 12:04 GMT | Message # 32

Site Admin

Angel Season 3 Bonus Deleted Scene From Waiting In The Wings

Date: Monday, 2014 Mar 17, 19:49 GMT | Message # 33

Site Admin

Such effortless beauty comes with a lot of pain and blood...

Such effortless beauty comes with a lot of pain and blood... <br /> Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings'

Date: Saturday, 2015 Jan 31, 14:16 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

I found a new behind-the-scenes images of Summer on set of Angel 3.13 'Waiting in the Wings'.

Angel 3.13 Waiting in the Wings - Behind the Scenes

Date: Tuesday, 2015 May 12, 02:17 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

Joss Whedon And Female Characters

In your case I would direct your attention to Angel episode "Waiting in the Wings" (3.13 Feb 4, 2002). This aired three months after the Buffy musical, and at some point Amy Acker had mentioned to Whedon that she was trained in ballet. So Whedon invented a pretext involving Angel's crew viewing a (supernatural) performance of the the classic ballet Giselle where Alexis Denisof's character would doze off and there would be a comic dream sequence of him as the Prince dancing a duet with Amy. A real ballet dancer had to be cast as the prima ballerina for the "real" performance, and instead of auditioning for dancing, Whedon had candidates read the expository text that character would have to perform that with David Boreanaz before the climax. Summer Glau auditioned, she was 21 years old and had studied to be a classical ballet dancer all her life until at 19 a toe injury forced her to retire. She'd moved to Los Angeles to get acting work and to that point had gotten nothing at all for two years. However, she absolutely nailed the audition and performance, featuring this text:

Ballerina: "There is a section in the first act, during the courtship dance, where - my foot slips. My ankle's turned and - and I don't quite hold - every time. (Glances at the box) He doesn't notice. He doesn't even know ballet that well. But always, at that same moment, I slip. - It isn't just the same ballet. (Looks at Angel) It's the same performance. I don't dance. (Returns to watching the stage) I echo. (After a moment she turns back to Angel) Please - can you make it stop?"

Comic book author Jeph Loeb was in attendance at the audition (there's extensive Whedon commentary about this ep on the DVD) and suggested Glau be invited to read for River Tam on Firefly. The Angel episode aired the day before Buffy ep "Dead Things" (6.13 Feb 5, 2002), which is also about people being controlled, Warren tries to turn his ex-girlfriend into a sex slave with magic technology and when that fails murders her as she tries to escape. Anyway, Glau's performance brought Whedon's own words above to life, and you can see how that text points strongly at the themes to come in both Firefly / Serenity / and Dollhouse, even Eliza Dushku's character name. 

Via: EW

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Filmography » Other movies/shows » Angel Episode - Waiting in the Wings (Waiting in the Wings talk, bring tissues, might need them)
Page 3 of 3«123
Search: